Home The Bridge
Options

Reunion Spock and Kirk in Elusive Treasures?!

Comments

• Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know what this thread was about from the title. Just going to throw that out there. It would have been nice if it had also referenced the Elusive Treasures.

Next, I would like to say that this goes against literally years of precedent, so I am 100% unhappy about it. Not just one precedent, but two. First, fusion crew have NEVER been part of Elusive Treasures, except by accident which was corrected. Second, fusion crew have NEVER been offered by any means other than fusion.

How unhappy? A little. It's been a while since RSK was released, so that dulls my feels a bit. Elusive Treasures ain't cheap, which further reduces my hard feelings.

My suggestion for moving forward:
    Communicate how this will be handled next time. Either we can now expect fusion crew in ET packs or this was a one time deal (experiment) which will not be repeated.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    The odds of getting one is against you. Like being mad 1 person out of the entire player base may have gotten one from their achievement pull. More likely that someone had to get 4 Kirk's and a Spock to merge.

There are 41 legendaries in the pack, so the chance of getting a Faltor Spock
    or a Reunion Spock and Kirk are EXACTLY the same.

1:41 isn t a bad chance either if u do a 10x pull with a guaranteed
    new legendary.
    Plus, when u get the leg behold there can be 3 options
    of a new legendary, which even increases the chance to see a Reunion Spork. 😉

FTP Spock can be fused into RSK, as you suggest. Previously, fusion crew would have that 1:41 ratio with 3 chances to that one in forty-one. Now, there's two paths to the fusion. That's 2:41 with 3 chances for one of the two to appear. That's something in the neighborhood of 1:7 odds. My estimate for one of the two is 39k-45k dilithium, on average. And if you opened six or seven ET 10x pulls, you probably got multiple Kirk's and can do the fusion with a SR cite or two.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, the odds are against you and the people that did it first had it easier.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, the odds are against you and the people that did it first had it easier.

Yep, unless a player is exceptionally lucky with an elusive treasures pull it would cost many times more in dilithium to get RSK now than if that player had bought the Spock event pack and Kirk six pack when they came out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The odds of getting one is against you. Like being mad 1 person out of the entire player base may have gotten one from their achievement pull. More likely that someone had to get 4 Kirk's and a Spock to merge.

new legendary.

FTP Spock can be fused into RSK, as you suggest. Previously, fusion crew would have that 1:41 ratio with 3 chances to that one in forty-one. Now, there's two paths to the fusion. That's 2:41 with 3 chances for one of the two to appear. That's something in the neighborhood of 1:7 odds. My estimate for one of the two is 39k-45k dilithium, on average. And if you opened six or seven ET 10x pulls, you probably got multiple Kirk's and can do the fusion with a SR cite or two.

I think your odds are too generous on this elusive treasures pack. I opened 5 and got 0 kirks, 0 spocks, and 0 RSK’s. All of the 5 legendary beholds I got besides the guaranteed one had 0 new legendaries in them. Of the 40 super rare beholds I got there were only two non portal crew, Agents Dulmur and Lucsly and Henry Starling. I think the odds are not much better than the nearly 1:14 chance you have of RSK in the guaranteed exclusive crew legendary behold and each pull costs you 10x the amount of the Spock event pack and Kirk six pack sold with that Spock event. At 14 elusive treasures pulls at 6500 each it would cost you 91,000 dilithium. The event pack for Spock had 1:10 at 650 would run you 6500 dilithium. Then add in the Kirk six pack with a 3:10 chance of Kirk. Need four Kirks so let’s say 14 packs at 650 for another 9100 dilithium for a total of 15,600. 91,000 dilithium for elusive treasures to get the RSK vs. 15,600 for the Spock and Kirks three months ago. Even if you halved the cost of elusive treasures and doubled the cost of the Spock and Kirk packs you would still be looking at 45,500 dilithium three months later vs. 31,200. In no way except exceptional luck with the elusive treasures path and atrocious luck with the Spock and Kirk paths would elusive treasures be a cheaper path in getting RSK.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

new legendary.

I think your odds are too generous on this elusive treasures pack. I opened 5 and got 0 kirks, 0 spocks, and 0 RSK’s. All of the 5 legendary beholds I got besides the guaranteed one had 0 new legendaries in them. Of the 40 super rare beholds I got there were only two non portal crew, Agents Dulmur and Lucsly and Henry Starling. I think the odds are not much better than the nearly 1:14 chance you have of RSK in the guaranteed exclusive crew legendary behold and each pull costs you 10x the amount of the Spock event pack and Kirk six pack sold with that Spock event. At 14 elusive treasures pulls at 6500 each it would cost you 91,000 dilithium. The event pack for Spock had 1:10 at 650 would run you 6500 dilithium. Then add in the Kirk six pack with a 3:10 chance of Kirk. Need four Kirks so let’s say 14 packs at 650 for another 9100 dilithium for a total of 15,600. 91,000 dilithium for elusive treasures to get the RSK vs. 15,600 for the Spock and Kirks three months ago. Even if you halved the cost of elusive treasures and doubled the cost of the Spock and Kirk packs you would still be looking at 45,500 dilithium three months later vs. 31,200. In no way except exceptional luck with the elusive treasures path and atrocious luck with the Spock and Kirk paths would elusive treasures be a cheaper path in getting RSK.

I think I've gotten Elusive Treasure packs one time. I thought they worked differently. You're making me feel even better about avoiding them these past few years. I'll trust your math.

I still don't like WRG breaking precedent without communicating it, but this takes the sting out of it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    A bunch of players are talking about how it is unfair because people had to fight hard in an event. While that is true it is not the whole story. A pack had to be bought and there had to be luck with that. I worked hard in the event to get two copies of Spock and wanted to make two RSK copies but only one copy of Kirk dropped for me in the nine packs I bought of the six pack. I have heard from other players that the Kirk didn’t drop for, didn’t understand that the Kirk was needed, or that the Kirk pack wouldn’t come back. Or players that couldn’t place in the event due to all the things going on we have had to deal with this year. Since a pack was needed to make RSK I have no problem with an expensive Elusive Treasures pack having the completed RSK. I doubt many players got one from this ET pack so the percentage of players with it has not increased much. I bought five and didn’t see any RSK or Anxious Kirk. Could probably buy another five and not see it. I would not have bought more than 1 if RSK and Kirk weren’t in the pool of cards for it. It is still an exclusive card few players have and your event work is still paying off.

Your post is not the whole story, it seems more like political spin to me. From what I recall about the anxious kirk pack, many, many, MANY packs were bought to acquire anxious kirk in an attempt to get a RSK fuse, because WRG widely published the stats and everyone was fired up about a new tier 1 crew.

The "whole story", as you say, is that at some point FTP spock and anxious kirk will be added to the portal, probably with the next update. and at that point, RSK will be fusable in the traditional sense. the probability of getting either of those crew in a behold/begold will be extremely low, which is what I assumed would be the case when I worked to acquire FTP spock from a bloodbath of an event, and dumped dilithium to get anxious kirk from a pack.

The availability of a fully fused card in elusive treasures is nothing but a money grab and a slap in the face for the people who acquired the necessary components in the manner that was advertised.

Your argument just strengthens mine. Packs had to be bought to get the Anxious Kirk to make RSK and now they are selling packs again. Both are money grabs. Many things are in a game that can only exist by selling items and crew. That is the nature of most mobile games. It was not even necessary to rank in the event to get the Spock as he was sold in packs as well so the argument people had to place high in the event to get RSK is not accurate.

Nothing is exclusive forever and these crew will be entered into the portal to be retrieved at some future point. WRG will probably have a Spock and Kirk pack at some point too. We play events to get crew immediately not exclusively.

you just keep focusing on the odds of actually getting one. As I and others have said before, the odds are irrelevant. The only important issue is the fact that they are including the completed fuse card, in addition to the fuse components in the same pack.

Comment moderated, keep it on topic without personal attacks. ~Shan
  • Options
    I'm more annoyed with the fact that unless you pay 6500 dil or a 50.00 offer you pretty much aren't getting elusive crew you're most likely getting something you already have. Since the limited time crew have a lower drop chance
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it goes against precedent, it has also never been stated that fusion crew won't appear by other means. This is one of the many things that we as a place base assume to be true and then then they do something we don't expect would ever occur. unless the powers that be publish a game "bible" stating what they will and won't do with crew all is fair game. It would be nice to know if at some point x crew will be available by some other means so we can decide what to do.

Again, I'll state I'm ok with what they did. A bit shady? probably, but not worthy of the blowups I'm seeing about it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    While it goes against precedent, it has also never been stated that fusion crew won't appear by other means. This is one of the many things that we as a place base assume to be true and then then they do something we don't expect would ever occur. unless the powers that be publish a game "bible" stating what they will and won't do with crew all is fair game. It would be nice to know if at some point x crew will be available by some other means so we can decide what to do.

Again, I'll state I'm ok with what they did. A bit shady? probably, but not worthy of the blowups I'm seeing about it.
    While it's true that it wasn't stated, it's fair to estimate that such a card won't be available with the same odds as regular card. We are talking about a card that is the equivalent of other 2, one of them FF.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, I got the Voyager Worf from one of the first ET packs. Saved a lot of tokens 😃
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, I got the Voyager Worf from one of the first ET packs. Saved a lot of tokens 😃

Me too. so there was a voyage exclusive in an ET pack as well.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Cochran wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed with the fact that unless you pay 6500 dil or a 50.00 offer you pretty much aren't getting elusive crew you're most likely getting something you already have. Since the limited time crew have a lower drop chance

I hear you. You can though get dilithium for the pulls in the offer wall. That is what I did. It took a lot of work and effort to do so but it is possible especially with a holiday when they multiply the rewards. Maybe that is why I have a different perspective than others. I had to work in the event to get my Spocks and then buy the Kirk six pack to get my first RSK. I had to work hard on the offers to get dilithium to buy the Elusive Treasures pack to try for another RSK. Both required effort and both required dilithium.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does it adversely affect me, however many other players have Reunion Spock and Kirk?
    The game has a competitive aspect (events), the number of players having any card, however you want to value it, affects you.
  • Options
    Good to see you back Travis, missed your contributions to the forum.

That's kind of you to say, @Warrior Willo. Thank you. I really only came by to revise my fleet's recruitment thread, but this thread title caught my eye.

Thanks again for changing the title, @[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb ;)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Kanon wrote: »
    How does it adversely affect me, however many other players have Reunion Spock and Kirk?
    The game has a competitive aspect (events), the number of players having any card, however you want to value it, affects you.

I just don’t think many people got RSK from the elusive treasures pack and those that were pulling elusive treasures packs already had RSK. I only know of one player who got it in a behold and that player already had 2 RSKs. It would be an interesting thing to find out though, what percentage of players who bought ETs got RSK and how many of those players already had RSK then we could see how much impact the elusive treasures pack had.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I just don’t think many people got RSK from the elusive treasures pack and those that were pulling elusive treasures packs already had RSK. I only know of one player who got it in a behold and that player already had 2 RSKs. It would be an interesting thing to find out though, what percentage of players who bought ETs got RSK and how many of those players already had RSK then we could see how much impact the elusive treasures pack had.

It does not matter if 1 person or 1,000 people got RSK from the pack.

The only thing that matters is the behavior of adding a fully fused crew as a potential begold option. RSK is the equivalent of 1 FTP Spock + 4 Kirks.......and was offered at the same time as FTP spock and kirk were available in elusive treasures.

A second, more vile truth, is that this is now the second time in as many offerings that WRG has attempted to raise the bar on how much people will pay to acquire a single crew for their rosters.

It might be interesting, as you say, to find out how many people actually got RSK from a behold, but it really does not matter, nor does it change the behavior. I have seen people on this thread saying things like "well they did X before" or "its not that different from Y".....and im not here to argue about that. This elusive treasures offering is gross and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I won't deem it "acceptable" simply because this company has made similar greedy money grabs in the past.

I would much prefer that WRG spent their time and energy on creating revenue streams that did not result in the player base being divided. Far too many people have left this game since WRG's takeover from TP (who really werent much better)....but the trend is in the wrong direction and decisions like this one are not helping.
  • Options

vsps7cl9x9xq.png
    p26xsbna4nbo.png
    glq3qzrc3ddo.png
    tp9hmgal30l7.png
    kzsdpsy7ztvc.png
    xwg25nd97rid.png
    08ef4yho3agk.png
    audogg1bcvsa.png

These were the 8 guaranteed non portal legendary beholds from the 8 Elusive Treasures I drew. No RSK’S, no Faltoran Spocks, and no other legendary beholds in my packs had any non portal legendary crew. I got no Anxious Kirks in any of the pulls and only four non legendary super rares: Henry Starling, Agents Dulmur and Lucsly, Cellist Adira, and B.G. Robinson. I got some cool avatars and good crew if I use a lot of citations. I know this will not soothe all players but I hope it does the majority of those outraged by RSK being in Elusive Treasures. I know some will say the odds don’t matter it is the the principle but nobody got an RSK without spending dilithium on the Anxious Kirk six pack. Some got RSK back then without even playing the event, solely by spending dilithium on the event pack for Spock as well as the six pack for Kirk. If I had had the dilithium back when the Faltoran Spock and Anxious Kirk packs were out I could have bought several RSKs with the amount of dilithium I have spent on these Elusive Treasures. The odds are not good with these Elusive Treasure packs, the costs are high, and every player who got RSK before had to spend dilithium to do so.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Shocking. Absolutely shocking. This is the first time I've posted here despite playing the game almost since release.

I invested time, dilithium, and honour to get RKS, and now this?! All those resources I spent only to be absolutely insulted. Personally, I think it's a disgrace, and spits in the face of those who've been loyal to the game up to this point (despite the various errors, bugs, and poor decisions).

Utterly shameful.

• Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shocking. Absolutely shocking. This is the first time I've posted here despite playing the game almost since release.

I invested time, dilithium, and honour to get RKS, and now this?! All those resources I spent only to be absolutely insulted. Personally, I think it's a disgrace, and spits in the face of those who've been loyal to the game up to this point (despite the various errors, bugs, and poor decisions).

Utterly shameful.

Wow, what an overreaction. Have you taken the time to read the previous posts so that you get a more balance view of the situation.
  • Options

These were the 8 guaranteed non portal legendary beholds from the 8 Elusive Treasures I drew. No RSK’S, no Faltoran Spocks, and no other legendary beholds in my packs had any non portal legendary crew. I got no Anxious Kirks in any of the pulls and only four non legendary super rares: Henry Starling, Agents Dulmur and Lucsly, Cellist Adira, and B.G. Robinson. I got some cool avatars and good crew if I use a lot of citations. I know this will not soothe all players but I hope it does the majority of those outraged by RSK being in Elusive Treasures. I know some will say the odds don’t matter it is the the principle but nobody got an RSK without spending dilithium on the Anxious Kirk six pack. Some got RSK back then without even playing the event, solely by spending dilithium on the event pack for Spock as well as the six pack for Kirk. If I had had the dilithium back when the Faltoran Spock and Anxious Kirk packs were out I could have bought several RSKs with the amount of dilithium I have spent on these Elusive Treasures. The odds are not good with these Elusive Treasure packs, the costs are high, and every player who got RSK before had to spend dilithium to do so.

Random is Random. Your experience with your 8 legendary begolds is a very small sample size and definitely does not adequately characterize the experiences of everyone who drew elusive treasures packs. Its equally probable that someone who pulled 8 packs could have seen multiple RSK's. Not to mention that it was possible to get one from the elusive treasures temporary achievement behold.

Aside from essentially being a poster child for confirmation bias, your post still does not address the main issue: RSK is essentially 5 cards (1 Legendary FTP and 4 super rare Anxious Kirk's). It should not be offered as a behold choice as it is simply not the same as any other (non fuse) individual legendary crew out there. Fuse cards are special crew that have specific manners of creation.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

I would refer you to the rest of my remarks on that note:
    I read that, but your logic is flawed, in that you put a value on the significancy of the bonus one could have from RSK Spock as little, and therefore, not important, while in reality, it doesn't matter if the bonus is little or not, that bonus is there, and high or low, it affects others.

Regardless of that, it is still a very good card, with very high stats, producing longer voyages, a good gauntlet pair and is a variant of Spock and Kirk, two characters very likely to be event crew due to their status as main characters and popularity. Anyone wiith a RSK Spock has an advantage over those that don't have it, in events, gauntlet and in the general gaming experience.

y36w95xckjjk.png
    pzgq3k5jlt5z.png
This discussion has been closed.