Home The Bridge
Options

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 Shuttles? Easy.
    50 Gauntlet Wins. 12 cycles if my math is correct. 4-5 wins per cycle isn’t too bad. I just got my first Gary Seven this morning. That should help.
    20 Arena Wins. Can someone tell me how to beat that stupid Captain Proton ship?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually looking forward to this; it'll be an interesting challenge. I'll be curious to see if I can pull it off. The Arena wins will be hard but I can get 5 for 5 wins when I'm justing trying to get first place scores for my daily task; 10 for 10 should be fun to try for. Also, I won't mind spending a small amount of dil if I'm close to getting it.

The 50 gauntlet wins are a little more concerning but that's mainly because I'm sick of the gauntlet right now. It's nice that the hard stuff can all be handled at the same time while the easy thing needs to be unlocked.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I have to believe the "wins" aspect will be dropped based on feedback. WRG seems to be listening more to feedback the last month or so.

It's explicitly designed as an event for later-game players (and implicitly designed as an event for people to spend dilithium).

Converting the arena challenge to mere participation would make it a doddle for any player.

They might drop the number of wins required - maybe ~15 arena wins and ~40 gauntlet wins - to make it a bit more achievable, but it'd defeat the purposes (explicit and implicit) to remove that aspect altogether.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    The length will be the same, 2 days.
    From Tuesday to Thursday, daily reset 5:00 UTC.

I'm out. The Arena thing is obviously going to cost people money to participate. That is my feedback. Even if you have the best Level Ten Ship with the best possible Crew, RNGesus can still cause a loss. Or you can have that "Hung Battle" issue. The "fix" to which was count the entry at the start. But, you still lose an entry Token. And it does not count as a win, since you never fought.

No offense is intended, meant, implied, construed, or contained in Red or Blue Pills. Do not use infernally. Never call with a Deuce-Seven Off-Suit. Objects in mirror may be behind you. I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. I'm in love with Stacy's mom. So now I come to you with open arms. Sunday is on the way. The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. This Ming is a psycho! Maximum effort! Nothing in this disclaimer or the comment it is part of construes, implies, or in any way can serve as legal advice.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I normally win in the region of 5 to 7 of the 10 arena battles each day, so at the very least I'd need to spend an extra 300 dil.

Gauntlet is a challenge but I'll see over the next two days playing normally how many wins I can get - but it will probably need merits and/or dil to achieve.

Personally if this is the case then for me - it's not worth it.

But - I shall now play arena in the spirit that WRG clearly want it played. I'm now running a lvl 1 Hiawatha until Tuesday.

To be fair though my views are moot. When it was announced that WRG Ben was going to be on timelines talks this month I decided that if no new gameplay was announced, and with an actual plan for when it was to be released then I was done.
  • Options
    Just a thought (and apologies if this has already been mentioned - I get little time to read through the forum responses in any great detail):

How about running an event like this over say 4 or 5 days, but if a player managed to complete it in 2 days then they would get an extra reward i.e. a 5* begold.

This would incentivize seasoned players to try and complete it within 2 days, but if they didn't then there is always the fall back rewards to go for.

This would also mean that intermediate level players (like me) or lower would have a chance to complete the tasks and get the standard rewards (which are useful to them at their level).

I suppose though that there is not much in it for WRG so probably a non starter.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    EDIT: I'm not really sure if the 10 tickets reset before the arena does. If that's the case then none of what I wrote makes sense.

I agree with what's been said on the arena objective.

There's actually one more problem with it, which is that the arena doesn't reset at the same time as the dailies, but a little less than one hour later. Which means that for those who will be online in those 50 minutes on Tuesday it will be possible to complete the objective without buying extra tickets, whereas everyone else will most likely have to spend 300 dilithium, unless RNG should be really kind to them.

I'm one of the people who have complained over the years about the advantages and disadvantages this games gives to players depending on their time zone or daily schedule and while some of them aren't really avoidable this one definitely was.

I'm not sure if a purple cite could be worth 300 dilithium to me, but I've decided to skip the event regardless because of this.
  • Options
    EDIT: I'm not really sure if the 10 tickets reset before the arena does. If that's the case then none of what I wrote makes sense.

There's actually one more problem with it, which is that the arena doesn't reset at the same time as the dailies, but a little less than one hour later. Which means that for those who will be online in those 50 minutes on Tuesday it will be possible to complete the objective without buying extra tickets, whereas everyone else will most likely have to spend 300 dilithium, unless RNG should be really kind to them.

I'm one of the people who have complained over the years about the advantages and disadvantages this games gives to players depending on their time zone or daily schedule and while some of them aren't really avoidable this one definitely was.

I'm not sure if a purple cite could be worth 300 dilithium to me, but I've decided to skip the event regardless because of this.

You don't get ten more arena Battles after the Rewards calculation. The Entries DO reset at the same time as the other stuff does.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh adding my voice to the crowd that I'd rather not buy Arena Tickets, the time limit is far too restricting. RNG is too much of a factor to make this feel fair. Not worth the stress for an all frozen behold frankly.
    If Arena functioned more like an actual tactical combat situation and less of "let's see who's got the most 400% booms and gets the best dice roll" then this might be worth it, winning every single battle, nah get out of here.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Oh, and if everyone NOT participating in the event would provide a minor service and sacrifice to the rest of us and remove crew to intentionally lose, it will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

#teamwork
    #defeat-our-Frengi-overlords
  • Options

You don't get ten more arena Battles after the Rewards calculation. The Entries DO reset at the same time as the other stuff does.

I'm not sure if that's what you're saying, but I was wondering if the 10 tickets from the day before last until global reset or until arena reset. That is, if I don't use them on Monday, do they expire at 5:00 UTC on Tuesday or do they expire when the arena closes and the rewards are calculated (which is 30-50 minutes later)? If they only expire once the arena closes to calculate rewards, then I could use the ones from Monday in those 30 minutes starting at 5:00 UTC and get 10 more later. If they expire at 5:00 UTC then it's obviously impossible.

I've done arena battles in the last minutes before, to make sure I would stay in the top 1%, but I can't remember if I had to use leftover tickets from the day before or if the ticket counter goes back to 10 at 5:00 with everything else.
  • Options

I'm not sure if that's what you're saying, but I was wondering if the 10 tickets from the day before last until global reset or until arena reset. That is, if I don't use them on Monday, do they expire at 5:00 UTC on Tuesday or do they expire when the arena closes and the rewards are calculated (which is 30-50 minutes later)? If they only expire once the arena closes to calculate rewards, then I could use the ones from Monday in those 30 minutes starting at 5:00 UTC and get 10 more later. If they expire at 5:00 UTC then it's obviously impossible.

I've done arena battles in the last minutes before, to make sure I would stay in the top 1%, but I can't remember if I had to use leftover tickets from the day before or if the ticket counter goes back to 10 at 5:00 with everything else.

The Tickets {I THINK} should reset at the reset with the other things. There is just that gap between Reset and when the Arena closes to calculate. So people can "Surge" right before calculations to push higher.

I always use my Tickets between Reset and Calculation, so cannot definitely say whether they carry over or not.
  • Options

The Tickets {I THINK} should reset at the reset with the other things. There is just that gap between Reset and when the Arena closes to calculate. So people can "Surge" right before calculations to push higher.

I always use my Tickets between Reset and Calculation, so cannot definitely say whether they carry over or not.

You're probably right. It would make sense for them to reset at the general reset time, since it would be a needless complication to program it otherwise.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You're probably right. It would make sense for them to reset at the general reset time, since it would be a needless complication to program it otherwise.

Arena tickets reset at the daily reset with all other daily missions. Arena rankings being calculated an hour later is the weird exception.

Assuming this objective event starts and ends at daily reset like the others, there will only be two days and exactly 20 free tickets.
  • Options
    #Stay-True-Un-Crew
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how to beat that stupid Captain Proton ship?
    If you use a Krayton, I have no idea.

I fly the Bounty, and Proton is beatable 95% of the time. Bounty’s cloak is available just before Proton’s innate skills trigger - and since those trigger before the Killy-style crew most players use, you wait for the Proton skills to start, cloak, and watch the power crew hit nothing. Then, if you have a cloak-triggered hammer (like Rura Penthe Kirk)… say goodnight to Captain Proton. It’s not an insta-kill, but RP Kirk will eat up shields plus a fair bit of hull.