Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Issues thread

Comments

• Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    This happened on Normal. Big problem as there are only two 3-stars with Politician trait:

It's probably Leader Pav. Normal isn't restricted to 3* crew, it's up to 3* crew.

Edit: Sorry, rereading you have a completely different issue. Brunt isn't appearing because he doesn't have any of the (non-Politician) traits on the bottom row.
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Apologies for the double post. I couldn't find the Edit button.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    A few issues with the Captain's Bridge (Android, Sony Xperia), in order from most to least severe IMO:
    1. It takes a long time for it to respond to selecting the "Upgrade" button, and sometimes it just doesn't respond at all until after a restart. Almost as bad as the lag when claiming from in game mail, except that it doesn't make you think something has happened and then randomly freeze the game a little later.
    2. Using the (hard coded OS) back button asks if I want to quit the game entirely; in other special areas (eg cryo vault) this takes me back to the main screen. Would be particularly good to fix this given how tiny the X for leaving the bridge is.
    3. When I've got the free claim in the Honor Hall, there's no little yellow 1 in a circle to clue me in. (But then, on the same screen, there's a "1" for boosts and kits even when I've got dozens so there are obviously long-standing issues there.)
  • Options
    We encountered the same issue with the damage boosts as with the antimatter. I hit the Boss for 1004940 damage, but then looked at the Fleet Damage Ranking and it was just 917014. That is exactly 9.6% lower and equals my current "Damage Dealt to Boss" percentage. So it appears that the boosts made to the Captain Bridge are not counted in the ranks, and if that's how it's supposed to be, please, tell us so. I expected to finish the last battle within the minimum threshold, but apparently missed it by some margin.
    v2qlak7zu9gi.png

c5zmlpmbhooa.png
  • Options
    I've been keeping an eye on whether my leaderboard numbers match with the numbers on the battle results screen, and I can also attest that they do not. But interestingly enough, sometimes the numbers on the leaderboard are actually higher for mine.
  • Options
    Apparently you can scroll the Traits screen on the web (Facebook?) version to see the fourth row of traits. Windows, iOS, and Android do not move whatever direction we've tried swiping.

on the windows version, i found that if you scroll with the wheel on the mouse while hovering over the traits it will show the rest of the list if there is a fourth row (idk if this has already been answered)
  • Options
    Worrior wrote: »
    Apparently you can scroll the Traits screen on the web (Facebook?) version to see the fourth row of traits. Windows, iOS, and Android do not move whatever direction we've tried swiping.

on the windows version, i found that if you scroll with the wheel on the mouse while hovering over the traits it will show the rest of the list if there is a fourth row (idk if this has already been answered)

Same in the Steam Version
  • Options
    Had a new crew card in my overflow (all crew spots full and then got another card), and she was available and USABLE in the FBB fight.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    b0vamw2lk2gl.png

Now the FBB bonuses can make your hull invulnerable in the Arena.
  • Options
    Rinnaldo wrote: »
    Had a new crew card in my overflow (all crew spots full and then got another card), and she was available and USABLE in the FBB fight.

I currently have 16 different 1* or 2* crew in my overflow, and none of them are showing up as usable, so you might have just gotten a lucky glitch that one time.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get clarification on "TEAM REWARDS" please? Do you have to meet a certain level or does everyone who participates get team rewards when a boss dies? Thank you :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get clarification on "TEAM REWARDS" please? Do you have to meet a certain level or does everyone who participates get team rewards when a boss dies? Thank you :)

Currently people are only eligible for team rewards if they do enough damage to hit at least the lowest level of the individual thresholds.

They are working on giving rewards to everyone who participates, but that is not in place yet.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently people are only eligible for team rewards if they do enough damage to hit at least the lowest level of the individual thresholds.

They are working on giving rewards to everyone who participates, but that is not in place yet.

Great thank you
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I've unlocked a Starfleet/Crafty node with either Ardra, Mariner, 2024 Raffi or Raffi Musiker. As far as I can tell, none of them have the Crafty trait. Also if the same trait is going to unlock more than node, can you make it so that the trait isn't greyed out in the list of possibilities?

I don't know if this is still happened but I noticed on a few of the early battles that damage in a round doesn't always update on the leaderboard. Even after refreshing the board and restarting the game.
  • Options
    Keltic1701aKeltic1701a ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I'm having issues with locking in crew for Combo Chain. Especially in the Brutal fight. I assign a crew with the initial trait that also has the required secondary trait(s) from the list below. But it doesn't lock in even after I attack the boss. I used Blood Oath Jadzia Dax and Waitress Ezri who both have the Federation and Trill traits but did not lock in even after I fought the Boss. I'm running the game on an iPad Air 2 with version15.5 iOS. Anyone else having this issue or am I missing something in the process. If so, a better explanation of the Combo Chain and traits would be welcomed.
    ba8ss6ma4632.png
    kmtlxfkv8oq8.png
  • Options
    On an update thread that doesn’t accept comments, @Shan wrote that the devs are:
    - applying a temporary fix that will limit the traits used for a Boss Battle to 18 traits, to ensure all traits are displayed correctly on all platforms.

Has a, um, timeline (see what I did there?) for rolling out this fix been publicized? As of now, that fourth row is still active, at least on our current Brutal boss.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    On an update thread that doesn’t accept comments, @Shan wrote that the devs are:
    - applying a temporary fix that will limit the traits used for a Boss Battle to 18 traits, to ensure all traits are displayed correctly on all platforms.

Has a, um, timeline (see what I did there?) for rolling out this fix been publicized? As of now, that fourth row is still active, at least on our current Brutal boss.
    Same is true for our current Normal boss:

7udswz5pp4lj.png
    What makes this egregious is the fact that the trait on row 4 is required to clear the node, according to an "external, non sactioned" (sic) tool.
    7x242na004v6.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that I am not lasting as long in battle as I did the day before.
    It is my belief that 'reduced boss damage' is increasing the damage instead.
  • Options
    VenimusVenimus ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I once suffered when bough valor on 2/4 and ended up with 5/4, but i could record the situation without buying, but rather "use" one.
    Can't really tell how much valor restored and when, but the game was running for several hours, when i looked at it i had 2/4 restored. I would call it a ghost valor, not sure if it 1 extra added before the battle, or 1 extra used after the battle. But on the video from 2/4 I ended up with 0/4
    https://youtu.be/jZQChWa6ny4

Note: this is also an example of one very unlucky attempt, because boss fired too fast and couldn't do a second round, also no crit for Mariner
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor issue.

The numeric descriptions of the buffs on the Captain's Bridge don't increase as I level up the bridge.

e.g. Level 1 Captains bridge gives me Attack I, levels 0-4
    Level 3 Captain's Bridge gives Attack I, levels 0-4

The second should probably be Attack II, levels 0-4, or Attack 2, levels 0-4

This seems to be the same for all other buffs, from what I have seen from others.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first read-through of this thread, so I see that my issue has been reported a couple times before. Reporting it anyway:

We were close to beating normal boss and had 1 node left in combo chain. I defrosted the only possible crew (Away Team Neelix, ambassador), ran the battle (my first against this boss), and the boss was beaten. Fleet reported that it was beaten and they got rewards. I got nothing. Game isn’t letting me start a new boss at normal level and there is no “previous battle” button available for me to check if my attack was credited to me or not. So no screenshots. Maybe because it was my first attack, and I had no prior points scored, the points weren’t properly given to me? Activating the combo chain would have been plenty to reach the personal damage threshold.

I did a few battles on hard with my remaining valor (again, my first attacks against this boss), and the fleet beat that boss too. (Within minutes of my ‘normal’ boss attack/kill.) My attacks didn’t kill the hard boss, but I did get those rewards when the fleet beat it. So the issue on normal seems to be specific to the kill-score mechanic, not my phone, account, etc.
  • Options
    I've unlocked a Starfleet/Crafty node with either Ardra, Mariner, 2024 Raffi or Raffi Musiker. As far as I can tell, none of them have the Crafty trait.

According to Datacore, Ardra does have Crafty.
    I used Blood Oath Jadzia Dax and Waitress Ezri who both have the Federation and Trill traits but did not lock in even after I fought the Boss.

Selecting someone on the trait screen doesn't really matter. It's all about who you actually put on your ship when you go into the attack.
    Maybe because it was my first attack, and I had no prior points scored, the points weren’t properly given to me? Activating the combo chain would have been plenty to reach the personal damage threshold.

Activating the combo chain doesn't count toward the personal damage threshold. That's not a bug, just a poor design choice.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    On my alt account I had my valor advertised at being full (4/4). I tried to start a battle and it hung. After a restart I was back to 1/4 valor. Thankfully my refresh timer was not reset. This was on Android.
  • Options
    “Selecting someone on the trait screen doesn't really matter. It's all about who you actually put on your ship when you go into the attack.”

But after the crew was selected on the Traits screen they show up on my ship for the attack. And it still doesn’t lock after the battle.

• Options
    But after the crew was selected on the Traits screen they show up on my ship for the attack. And it still doesn’t lock after the battle.

Then maybe Trill wasn't the right trait for that node?
  • Options
    Keltic1701aKeltic1701a ✭✭
    edited July 2022

Then maybe Trill wasn't the right trait for that node?

The primary trait was Federation, the secondary trait was Trill which was still shown as available and the selected crew had. The only thing I can think that might have been a problem is if the Federation trait is also a secondary trait and it was already used. Perhaps that caused some kind of conflict in the traits system that needs to be addresses? Maybe when a trait is both a primary and secondary trait that has already been selected, it causes a problem? If this is a problem they should not have a trait being both a primary and secondary trait in the same Combo Chain.
  • Options
    This is just a little QOL request, but in the current build, after you complete a combo chain, you can’t look back and see which combination of traits satisfied the final node in the previous chain. This has no effect on gameplay, but for those of us are really enjoying the puzzle aspect of matching crew traits to combo chain nodes, it would be nice/fun to know that info.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    This is just a little QOL request, but in the current build, after you complete a combo chain, you can’t look back and see which combination of traits satisfied the final node in the previous chain. This has no effect on gameplay, but for those of us are really enjoying the puzzle aspect of matching crew traits to combo chain nodes, it would be nice/fun to know that info.

Also to know who unlocked the nodes
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

Thanks for changing the thresholds. Still need to instruct people How2Sphere.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the fix to traits display, it might get wonky for those battles that were already started when the fix was deployed.