Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Issues thread

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sims wrote: »
    Hi, in the past day there has been 3 occasions where the correct card has been denied but accepted when resubmitted by another player!

I would need more details for this, does it occur in all types of difficulty?
    With specific crew, on a specific node spot?
    Any details will be useful as this is typically the kind of issue that will be tricky to reproduce.
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    Has been on Brutal difficulty, only one I can remember is Buck was one of the cards. Will take more notice if it happens again.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Sims wrote: »
    Hi, in the past day there has been 3 occasions where the correct card has been denied but accepted when resubmitted by another player!

I would need more details for this, does it occur in all types of difficulty?
    With specific crew, on a specific node spot?
    Any details will be useful as this is typically the kind of issue that will be tricky to reproduce.

I wonder if it's related to what I just posted here. https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19956/fleet-boss-battles-takes-minutes-to-register-trait#latest

It took the game 3 minutes to register that I had matched the node. In our case no one else played so it eventually showed that I matched. If someone else had used the same crew in those 3 minutes it might have credited them and looked like it didn't credit me.
  • Options
    Our fleet had the "False miss" bug again today.

There was one node remaining. the Visible trait was "mirror universe." One member of our fleet reported using the four possible solutions remaining for that node including "prison break lorca," with no successes. It was believed that Cabaret Georgiou, who should not have been a solution, would satisfy the node. No one who hadn't already noded had her. I urged the fleet to retry some of the ones who had already missed and like 7 hours later another member of our fleet reported that "prison break lorca" now closed the node.

Happy to get more information if it will help solve this as this is now the second or third time this has halted our progress on a battle. We have a very active fleet who are clearing 1 and 1/2 to 2 ultra nightmares a day. It would be a shame if this bug killed enthusiasm.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the reports regarding 1 player trying a crew for a node and it does not work, and then someone else trying the same crew on the same node, and it does work: is it possible that, some of these cases at least, are due to the first player having already solved a node for that combo?

If someone has resolved 1 node in a combo, even if they try crew outside of the combo view, it will not work.

It that is not the case, it will not be easy to track down unfortunately.
    What would be helpful if both players would send a ticket to support with the relevant information, it would be a start to attempt to corroborate on our end.
  • Options
    Can we please have crew names when selecting crew, getting stuck because you think you ran crew A but it being crew B is no fun...

Also I know it has been reported before, Can't we just align this to the top left?
    u8zqd5lrqq6t.png
  • Options
    Looks like there might be a glitch where all the traits aren't showing up. You can see several traits used with the crew on the cleared nodes that don't appear on the trait list. Since they've reduced the number of possible traits I've never seen this issue. Not sure how this happened but I've tried every possible combination of available traits to try and clear that Desperate node and nothing. i58ektvido87.jpg
  • Options
    Dangevin [CAB]Dangevin [CAB] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    There is an issue with the way Fleet Boss Battles calculate potential solutions for nodes on Nightmare.

It was announced that with the portal update, nodes would be solvable by at least two in-portal crew. This is working correctly on Ultra Nightmare.

It's also working correctly for Nightmare - but only for the first four nodes. This is fine for Combo Chains 1 and 2 which only have four nodes.

When the last three Combo Chains generate, however, Node 5 can potentially have a requirements that only one crew can solve.

Below please find the exact chain we worked today 3/1 where the last node has two unique solutions. The eventual solution wound up being Mirror Zefram Cochrane with potentially-matching pool traits of Mirror Universe, Thief or Warp Theorist. Note that with the seed trait of Cultural Figure, no other crew in the game can have two of those three pool traits.

Please update the back-end logic to account for Node 5 of Nightmare runs.

3i9oi8kkohzr.png

• Options
    There is an issue with the way Fleet Boss Battles calculate potential solutions for nodes on Nightmare.

It was announced that with the portal update, nodes would be solvable by at least two in-portal crew. This is working correctly on Ultra Nightmare.

It's also working correctly for Nightmare - but only for the first four nodes. This is fine for Combo Chains 1 and 2 which only have four nodes.

When the last three Combo Chains generate, however, Node 5 can potentially have a requirements that only one crew can solve.

Below please find the exact chain we worked today 3/1 where the last node has two unique solutions. The eventual solution wound up being Mirror Zefram Cochrane with potentially-matching pool traits of Mirror Universe, Thief or Warp Theorist. Note that with the seed trait of Cultural Figure, no other crew in the game can have two of those three pool traits.

Please update the back-end logic to account for Node 5 of Nightmare runs.

3i9oi8kkohzr.png

Hey, let me check all this info with the dev team. Thanks for let me know.
  • Options
    @STT Community It looks like the new bridge buffs are not implemented correctly. There are now two boss defence buffs and one looks like it is actually negating the buff rather than adding to it.

y3z8o2edu1o8.png
    cyb35ayopbf8.png
    qnxf026qa132.png
    iiy5pif49xop.png
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I second this, our fleet is doing our first UNM with the new stuff and I have upgraded to BL21 and I am getting ROASTED, that new Defense AGAINST the Boss is actually BUFFING the Boss.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I second this, our fleet is doing our first UNM with the new stuff and I have upgraded to BL21 and I am getting ROASTED, that new Defense AGAINST the Boss is actually BUFFING the Boss.

Something does not look right. Seems like the boss is doing more damage now than before. I have not been killed using Arti in months now and first battle out of the gate with my new improved bridge, and I can't make it 90 seconds in battle.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Zenob1aZenob1a ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Hello! My fleet has been experiencing a number of issues with FBB (on iOS) since the recent updates (e.g., crew that should qualify for a node not coming up when you search for them; nodes and node rows not updating for all users without a force restart, etc.).

The biggest issue we're having is one that Sims (and others) raised way back in October: crew that should have cleared a node didn't work for one player, but then did work for another. This has happened at least twice in the last two days. The first time, the crew in question was Ambassador Neelix. We're currently stuck on a node having tried every possible trait combo (screenshot). No one has cleared it yet, so we aren't sure who should do it (but I think it's either Borg Queen Jurati or Pinafore Data).

For what it's worth, I don't think my fleet ever encountered this problem before the update.

6k2feq0n3xw0.jpeg
  • Options
    Unable to do fleet boss battles, I get to this screen and it freezes, tried it on steam, android and google play games, lost 4 valor libwz0o6uqw6.png
  • Options
    Unable to do fleet boss battles, I get to this screen and it freezes, tried it on steam, android and google play games, lost 4 valor libwz0o6uqw6.png

Just to add, that boss has finished and a new one started, and I'm not having the same problem, so apart from me being down 4 valor it's not an ongoing issue.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    /wrong thread
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.