Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Issues thread

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted on thread in the bridge I will post it here.
    oemk1efm7wda.jpeg
    It should be negative.
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

Thanks for changing the thresholds. Still need to instruct people How2Sphere.

Its not just ipad. As far as I can tell this has affected my entire fleet. Iphones and androids
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

Its not just ipad. As far as I can tell this has affected my entire fleet. Iphones and androids

This is not necessarily a display issue.
    Not all battles will show the same amount of traits.
    The max number of traits that can be displayed is currently limited to max 18, for some battles you will see less.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    My mistake
  • Options
    JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

The max number of traits that can be displayed is currently limited to max 18, for some battles you will see less.

The fact that we ALL see only 12 traits instead of the 18 that were supposed to be there, is definitely a display issue.
    EDIT now all of us see 10 traits.
  • Options
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

I probably misunderstood something here. Can someone indicate how we know how many traits are visible? Is it like, crew combo has a total of 10 traits, so we only see 10 traits? I can’t seem to find a reference anywhere. Only that we are supposed to see 18 traits for the time being 🤔
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Display Issue
    iOS.
    iPad mini 5.
    dhn957cluw31.png

I probably misunderstood something here. Can someone indicate how we know how many traits are visible? Is it like, crew combo has a total of 10 traits, so we only see 10 traits? I can’t seem to find a reference anywhere. Only that we are supposed to see 18 traits for the time being 🤔

I think the maximum is 18 traits some will be less. I have had 10. I am only at Normal with my 3 account fleet.

Edit BTW. this does not count the traits on the seats.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current work around is to show a max of 18 while it could be less.
    However this will not results in traits not being shown.

I understand that it can be a bit jarring seeing a small list of traits.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is my question about damage reduction of boss, still being looked into or concluded.
    Something needs to be explained why my battles got shorter after my first attempt at normal. I now have had a 3rd Normal battle and the battles since the first have all been shorter in duration, while the upgrades abound have allowed my to survive longer.

If the damage reduction is worlking as intended then I would say that every repetition of a difficulty gets tougher with each successive 24 hr battle. If this is the case, then it is a bug, because it degrades my battles so much that I cannot overcome them with the max upgrade that is allowed after collecting rewards.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Okay, i know WRG says its just a display/text issue, but besides missing the word „Reduced“ in front of the boost. If a Boost is LESS or REDUCED
    of something(here damage)
    it should have minus (-) in front of the percentage number not (+).

I play other games with similar boosts and if something is reduced/or less there is always displayed as minus(-), which totall makes sense imho, since it is less not more(+).

Me and other fleet mates experienced, that we do reduced average damage to bosses when the „Reduced Damage“ boost is higher than the
    „Damage dealt to Boss“ boost. Of course it just could be RNG, but its a weird coincidence several ppl made this experience.

Please take another look into this. Thank you.

bruw2d50zktb.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Damage Taken from Boss it will be renamed to be consistent with a buff, not a debuff.
    To investigate this further we would need more reports and more concrete examples.

Feel free to create a dedicate thread for that, it will be helpful :) Thank you!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    It will take me a while before I can do the test I want.
    I cannot say for sure this is the reduced damage.
    I am going to have to check communicators on when there was a fix to boss battles.
    I think that may have been when the difference in time in battles occurred.
    But this damage thing is annoying.
    It looks like every time after upgrades the battle damage I do goes down.
    That, May mean it is not the reduced damage.
    Is it possible as I was mentioning in my last post, that on repetition of a difficulty level, things get harder. Of course, this would mean I am on the losing side since I can only get one upgrade at a time on normal. I cannot reach with 3 accounts 75% damage of Boss. In my opinion each successive attempt at the same difficulty level should stay the same. But, I guess I should be looking at the stats you do supply them I just have not been comparing for every attempt. I will now so I can answer that one my self with my next attempt. Just looking at the battle info today, it does not look like there is really anything that changes. I know the boss hull was always the same. I think the attack has always been 20, strange accuracy 14, this implies my evasion might possibly work, in the video did Ben make a mistake when he said we cannot evade the boss attack.

Edit: I do not see anything listed in changes that mention anything that would explain loss of time for me in battle. But, it does look like the timing of it is when it happened.

Edit: the biggest proof I would have had. Was the battles on easy. It was a big difference in damage I was doing between the battle before I finished the 1st rewards, compared to when I finished them, I would say at least a difference of 25k damage if not more. Basically I was doing 8% less damage with the exact same crew and ship. And those were auto battles. But, I did not have any photos of it. It was only after I saw the reduced damage, that I knew I could have used photos of the damage I was doing previously.

• Options
    My level 3 Captain’s Bridge says that I don’t require any resources to upgrade and I have 5 nice big yellow upgrade buttons I could press.

Is this some kind of thank you for taking part in the beta? Or a glitch?
  • Options
    m53ik4me10hg.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Never mind - “fixed” when I did a restart. No - I didn’t press the upgrade buttons 😂
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    I picked up my boss battle reward a couple of seconds before the forced logout. My reward was already reduced from 380 to 38 magnesite, and added to my balance, which had not been re-balanced at that point in time.

So I was forcefully logged out shortly afterwards, and my magnesite balance reduced by factor 10 (including the previous reward, as far as I can tell). So my reward has been reduced by factor 100... I'm missing 34 magnesite...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok seen this posted elsewhere but just happened to me. Started a boss fight with 3 valor, attacked 1 time and valor count dropped to 1. Submitting ticket.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Can we get a clear reponse on how FBB trait matching is working currently?

Trying to clear Brutal at the moment - where the last node on a chain is Fed + 2 hidden traits.

- The list of possible remaining traits is: Starfleet, Resourceful, Exobiology, Orion, Theoretical Engineer, Edosian, Kantare, Presage (no duplicates or double traits)

- There are 72 possible crew that could fulfil this.

- Presage and Kantare can be excluded as they do not have any 1* - 4* crew

- Theoretical Eng has two matching crew, both were tried
    - Orion & Edosian have one matching crew each, which were also tried

This leaves Fed and 2 of the following Starfleet, Resourceful, Exobiology

- There 2 crew that have all 4, which were also tried

the next logical options for combbo groupings are are
    a) Fed, Starfleet, Resourceful
    b) Fed, Starfleet, Exobio
    c) Fed, Resourceful, Exobio

multiple crew (at least 5) for each of these combinations was tried

8 of the 72 remain to be tried so far (i.e 64 were tried, which used much merits, dil and even a retrival)

Question Are we supposed to find any one crew that has the correct traits?
    e.g. if the correct traits are X, Y & Z, and there are 16 possible crew - will any one of those 16 clear the node?

OR is it a specific crew (that RNG has decided and based the chain on)
    e.g. Only exactly one of the 16 crew with trait X, Y & Z will unlock the node

If any one crew mathcing the traits should have unlocked the node - then there is a major bug introduced since the server update, as we met all the logical conditions possible and should have unlocked the node with anyone of the possible matching crew

If it is a specific crew, then for large collections like Fed, Human, Starfleet, you simply can not have only two hidden traits to narrow this down.

In our current FBB with 72 possibilities, across lets say 15 Capitans who have merits, dil, crew and valour this equates to 3 - 5 attempts a peice to find exactly one crew out of 72. Which means its next to impossible to take down the boss.

The reality is a actually lot worse - realistically it would be 3 - 5 Capitans with Dil & the Roster depth trying to unlock nodes, and the rest doing damage throughout the day - meaning 5-10K merit spend, with a 2-4K Dil spend per captain to unlock a single chain - all because of traits like Fed, Starfleet, Human.

This is not long term sustainable at those costs, effort and time
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to clear Brutal at the moment - where the last node on a chain is Fed + 2 hidden traits.

- The list of possible remaining traits is: Starfleet, Resourceful, Exobiology, Orion, Theoretical Engineer, Edosian, Kantare, Presage (no duplicates or double traits)

8 of the 72 remain to be tried so far (i.e 64 were tried, which used much merits, dil and even a retrival)

e.g. if the correct traits are X, Y & Z, and there are 16 possible crew - will any one of those 16 clear the node?

If any one crew mathcing the traits should have unlocked the node - then there is a major bug introduced since the server update, as we met all the logical conditions possible and should have unlocked the node with anyone of the possible matching crew

If it is a specific crew, then for large collections like Fed, Human, Starfleet, you simply can not have only two hidden traits to narrow this down.

In our current FBB with 72 possibilities, across lets say 15 Capitans who have merits, dil, crew and valour this equates to 3 - 5 attempts a peice to find exactly one crew out of 72. Which means its next to impossible to take down the boss.

The reality is a actually lot worse - realistically it would be 3 - 5 Capitans with Dil & the Roster depth trying to unlock nodes, and the rest doing damage throughout the day - meaning 5-10K merit spend, with a 2-4K Dil spend per captain to unlock a single chain - all because of traits like Fed, Starfleet, Human.

Node unlocking is achieved by using a crew that match all the required trait for that node.

In the case of this battle, it so happens that the trait combination required for that specific node is only found on one crew, and one that is not yet available in the Time Portal so I've manually unlocked it for you.

I will bring up your concerns regarding traits combo discovery involving large Federation, Starfleet.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Node unlocking is achieved by using a crew that match all the required trait for that node.

In the case of this battle, it so happens that the trait combination required for that specific node is only found on one crew, and one that is not yet available in the Time Portal so I've manually unlocked it for you. [emphasis added]

I will bring up your concerns regarding traits combo discovery involving large Federation, Starfleet.

Does that mean that we should submit a ticket to CS upon encountering this situation? Because our fleet is currently facing the same thing on a combo chain with 4* Meditative T'Pol (which card none of us has (yet)). If so, will the turnaround time on the CS ticket be fast enough to resolve the situation before the FBB ends? More generally, what is your team's plan for addressing this situation long-term? Any insight or guidance you might be able to provide to us at this time would be greatly appreciated, Shan. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    My boss damage reduced significantly 2 days ago. With the same setup I'm struggling to hit 4M damage where 2 days ago (and before that) the same set up was consistently 5M+. My bridge is now level 7, not sure if that matters. I haven't read this entire thread so I don't know who else has mentioned it but we have multiple fleet members saying the same thing.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

In the case of this battle, it so happens that the trait combination required for that specific node is only found on one crew, and one that is not yet available in the Time Portal so I've manually unlocked it for you.

Firtsly - thanks for unlocking this - that is much appreciated

However I do have some questions based on your response,

1 & 2. Who was the crew and what were the matches please?

I ask as, based on what we saw, the only traits possible were Fed, Resourceful, Exobiology, Starfleet based on:
    - Kantare & Presage only have 5* crew
    - Fed + Edosian is only Lt Arex
    - Orion + Fed is only Pirate Tendi
    - Theoretical Egineer + Fed is Off Duty Tilly & Science Officer Tilly

Of the crew in the game, 2 meet all 4 of those traits - but they failed as well and we worked through the rest of the possible.

3. what about some form of recompense for those that wasted valour, dil, merits on this?

I am not asking for me, as i had unlocked an earlier node, and could only provide tactical support - but there a number of players who spent so so much on this its not even funny

@Shan - please dont get me wrong - The list of crew we based our attacks on is "all game crew", not just portal available crew - so we would have caught the outlier really quickly. The only way this makes sense to me is that it is not yet game crew or an other issue
  • Options
    @Shan, thank you for unlocking the node.
    @Riker's islan{DD}, thank you for bringing up the issue here.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

In the case of this battle, it so happens that the trait combination required for that specific node is only found on one crew, and one that is not yet available in the Time Portal so I've manually unlocked it for you. [emphasis added]

Does that mean that we should submit a ticket to CS upon encountering this situation? Because our fleet is currently facing the same thing on a combo chain with 4* Meditative T'Pol (which card none of us has (yet)). If so, will the turnaround time on the CS ticket be fast enough to resolve the situation before the FBB ends? More generally, what is your team's plan for addressing this situation long-term? Any insight or guidance you might be able to provide to us at this time would be greatly appreciated, Shan. 🖖

I've unlocked the node for your fleet.
    I am preparing a forum update for this situation, yes it will require to send out a ticket.
    No, we cannot guarantee that all will get caught in time but we hope to implement a fix for this next week.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I've unlocked the node for your fleet.
    I am preparing a forum update for this situation, yes it will require to send out a ticket.
    No, we cannot guarantee that all will get caught in time but we hope to implement a fix for this next week.
    Thank you, Shan. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan, thank you for unlocking the node.
    @Riker's islan{DD}, thank you for bringing up the issue here.

The crew needed was Pirate Tendi: Starfleet, Federation, Orion.

If you could please update your ticket with the resources spent by various fleetmates, we can look at what we could do. Thank you!
  • Options
    MaxwellMaxwell ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I tried 4 times to start a battle, and ended up wasting all 4 of my starting Valor. After selecting ship and crew, tapping the Engage button, the game went to the "vs" screen showing my ship and the Doomsday Machine. Then it just hung there for several minutes each time. I waited longer after each attempt, so 5, 8, 10, and finally 15 minutes or so. Nothing happened. If I used the "back" button on my phone interface, it came up with a message "Hailing Starfleet" so I know the game itself hadn't locked up completely. But the only effect was after several minutes the popup asking if I wanted to exit the game. Upon reloading, the main screen showed one less Valor on the FBB button at the bottom.

Platform = Android 11 on phone

Edit: After regenerating another Valor point, I tried again. Same problem. This time I watched the clock and literally waited 30 mins before closing the game to re-load. Simply cannot load past the "vs" screen.

I definitely have this happen while playing via browser. The launch failure can also hurt rather badly during objective events requiring arena wins...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok seen this posted elsewhere but just happened to me. Started a boss fight with 3 valor, attacked 1 time and valor count dropped to 1. Submitting ticket.

CS was kind enough to remedy this situation for me. Thank you :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I readily admit to not being as good at the trait matching aspect of FBB than most of the players posting in the forum threads, but I feel fairly certain that this is a glitch. Happy to be told why I'm wrong.

Hard (edited, typed normal originally) difficulty. When I click the + buttons, it says I have no crew that match the visible traits despite Klingon O'Brien matching 2 of them (Klingon, Jury Rigger). I realize he would be wrong for completing the nodes since he doesn't match the hidden traits, but shouldn't he still show in the crew selection screen when I click the plus sign?
    ydjlslirz8w3.png
    (Did a little picture editing to add O'Brien's info. Didn't bother to show the blank crew selection panel since that should be self-explanatory.)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I readily admit to not being as good at the trait matching aspect of FBB than most of the players posting in the forum threads, but I feel fairly certain that this is a glitch. Happy to be told why I'm wrong.

Hard (edited, typed normal originally) difficulty. When I click the + buttons, it says I have no crew that match the visible traits despite Klingon O'Brien matching 2 of them (Klingon, Jury Rigger). I realize he would be wrong for completing the nodes since he doesn't match the hidden traits, but shouldn't he still show in the crew selection screen when I click the plus sign?
    ydjlslirz8w3.png
    (Did a little picture editing to add O'Brien's info. Didn't bother to show the blank crew selection panel since that should be self-explanatory.)

When you click the + button, crew select will only show you crew that match at least 2 traits from the list that are relevant for that specific node. It does not take into account the other nodes.

If you click the + button for the node with the revealed trait Klingon, it will look for Klingon crew you might own who also have one of the traits displayed in the list below.

Does this help?