Home Engineering Room
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Issues thread

Comments

• Options
    LeperfleshLeperflesh ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add for folks who think they may be hitting the issue of "no crew will match" - there is a bug where if a trait appears twice in the list of traits, and you have already unlocked a node using one, both "copies" of that trait will show as grayed out. But, one is still actually live and may be required for another node!

For example, we had two Federation both show greyed out but the only combo of traits that worked for the last node in a set was something + Federation, and that worked.
  • Options
    Ok seen this posted elsewhere but just happened to me. Started a boss fight with 3 valor, attacked 1 time and valor count dropped to 1. Submitting ticket.

CS was kind enough to remedy this situation for me. Thank you :)

The amount of tickets I've submitted for launch failures has probably been a lot and they usually remedy it rather kindly. I did have a token eaten similar to this situation and I think they also remedied it...I just wish the errors were less frequent.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I readily admit to not being as good at the trait matching aspect of FBB than most of the players posting in the forum threads, but I feel fairly certain that this is a glitch. Happy to be told why I'm wrong.
    Hard (edited, typed normal originally) difficulty. When I click the + buttons, it says I have no crew that match the visible traits despite Klingon O'Brien matching 2 of them (Klingon, Jury Rigger). I realize he would be wrong for completing the nodes since he doesn't match the hidden traits, but shouldn't he still show in the crew selection screen when I click the plus sign?
    ydjlslirz8w3.png
    (Did a little picture editing to add O'Brien's info. Didn't bother to show the blank crew selection panel since that should be self-explanatory.)

When you click the + button, crew select will only show you crew that match at least 2 traits from the list that are relevant for that specific node. It does not take into account the other nodes.

If you click the + button for the node with the revealed trait Klingon, it will look for Klingon crew you might own who also have one of the traits displayed in the list below.

Does this help?

OK, thx. Maybe I understood this point better at the start of it all, but after trying to figure out combos for the 5* level (where 90% of my active roster lives, giving me potential matches everywhere), I may have gotten lost in the weeds. Thankfully, a large portion of my fleet seems to understand what they're doing, so my learning curve isn't hurting us too much!
  • Options
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    Just wanted to add for folks who think they may be hitting the issue of "no crew will match" - there is a bug where if a trait appears twice in the list of traits, and you have already unlocked a node using one, both "copies" of that trait will show as grayed out. But, one is still actually live and may be required for another node!

For example, we had two Federation both show greyed out but the only combo of traits that worked for the last node in a set was something + Federation, and that worked.

Yes, thank you. We had exactly that issue for the last node and no possible combo fit. In our case two scoundrel traits were grayed out. And Et voilà....Q and soundrel were a match!
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    There doesn't seem to be any possible solution to this q2t5qsv7oj3p.png

ETA: Just come up with a theory - it's a similar display bug to the 'double greyed out trait' bug, and the solution is Communicator. Will test as soon as I can.

ETA further: yes, that was it. I've seen the 'double greyed out trait' bug plenty of times, but I've never seen this before.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Up against a node that apparently has no solution:

Known trait: Costumed
    Possible (need 2): Crafty, Tal Shiar, Investigator, Dominion, Maquis, Betazoid, Royalty

Used CAB sheet, something like 25 with 2 traits, none with 3. We are stuck.

Anyone have anything on this?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I guess you know combo unlocking is not working right.

Here was the crew I sent but only two nodes unlocked. Brunt is the only crew that solves the one that did not unlock. And, he does not unlock any of the others.
    347yb29y2jp1.png
    rrp6sifau916.png
    Pic from other account
    me44w0lt1x2x.jpeg

All I can say is thanks for breaking something that at least was working before.
    Edit: I tried all possibilities with two crew. One with politician. The other with one of the other traits including the greyed out ones. Reman and Neural are not possible.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Here was the crew I sent but only two nodes unlocked. Brunt is the only crew that solves the one that did not unlock. And, he does not unlock any of the others.
    347yb29y2jp1.png
    rrp6sifau916.png
    Pic from other account
    me44w0lt1x2x.jpeg

All I can say is thanks for breaking something that at least was working before.
    Edit: I tried all possibilities with two crew. One with politician. The other with one of the other traits including the greyed out ones. Reman and Neural are not possible.
    In your last pic, Politician is shown needing one hidden trait and Trill is not grayed out:

jayvacdwg6q2.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

347yb29y2jp1.png
    rrp6sifau916.png
    Pic from other account
    me44w0lt1x2x.jpeg

In your last pic, Politician is shown needing one hidden trait and Trill is not grayed out:

jayvacdwg6q2.jpeg

She must not be in crew retrieval. Too late now . Used all my valor

Edit: yep she is not.
    Yep she was it.

Thanks
    Since I will not be able to get another FBB in. I think I will not loose out on the reward I would have gotten any ways. I thought it was over, but now I should be able to get that 1 kemocite.
    I am taking a break after claiming 10 valor. I want to be at maximum valor of +4 before I claim it. So I should be able to achieve the 50% damage of the boss.

Yes , I got my rewards. Tomorrow I will collect my valor and all my accounts will be at 14 valor.
    . @~peregrine~ thanks again.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022

Possible (need 2): Crafty, Tal Shiar, Investigator, Dominion, Maquis, Betazoid, Royalty

There are 13 crew not in crew retrieval.
    Total of 135 crew with costume in crew retrieval.
    Total of 148 crew in the costume collection.
    I guess you must not be talking 5* crew.

61 crew in crew retrieval not 5*
    66 crew in costume collection not 5*

Not it but also not in crew retrieval
    Hippie O' Brien, Hippie Kira, The Clown, Pirate Tendi

Not sure on last one.
    But I would suggest greyed out trait.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 13 crew not in crew retrieval.
    Total of 135 crew with costume in crew retrieval.
    Total of 148 crew in the costume collection.
    I guess you must not be talking 5* crew.

61 crew in crew retrieval not 5*
    66 crew in costume collection not 5*

Not it but also not in crew retrieval
    Hippie O' Brien, Hippie Kira, The Clown, Pirate Tendi

Not sure on last one.
    But I would suggest greyed out trait.

It had to be a greyed out - umm, when can we expect a fix to this TP??? - People are spending real money on this and getting - anyway, we just bypassed it and took him down on attacks.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned already but it would be nice to still see the list of Possible Traits even after you've unlocked a node, because you can use it to offer suggestions to other members of your fleet.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anti matter bonus is only added to the ship. It is not added to the ahip or crew traits.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    There doesn't seem to be any possible solution to this q2t5qsv7oj3p.png

ETA: Just come up with a theory - it's a similar display bug to the 'double greyed out trait' bug, and the solution is Communicator. Will test as soon as I can.

ETA further: yes, that was it. I've seen the 'double greyed out trait' bug plenty of times, but I've never seen this before.

I can confirm that we had a similar issue today where the known trait (Desperate in our case) for one node was also a hidden trait for another node. When we unlocked the Desperate node, the Desperate trait in the list was greyed out leaving us with no possible crew for the last node, until we figured out that Desperate shouldn't have been greyed out at all, because we hadn't used it yet.

To clarify, there was only one Desperate in the list and it shouldn't have been greyed out when we unlocked the node that had Desperate as a known trait, since known traits shouldn't be in the list.
  • Options

We have something similar right now. We have 1 node left of the 1st combo. Tried all existing trait combinations. Nithing. We’re now into doing grayed out traits (no doubles there). We’ve been doing this for 3 hours now
  • Options
    None of our fleet Starship Truckerz have received Defeating Boss rewards for Nightmare. It was beaten with 22min left to go. The new Nightmare has been started but the previous results page is blank for the whole fleet.mctbmhegz1pe.jpg
    367ubvgkct9r.jpg
  • Options
    Greetings,

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not yet, but I couldn't find an answer, so I figured I'd ask.

Has there been any word on how crew with multiple traits required by a chain node will resolve (and show how they resolve) in the boss battle trait chain?

For example, my fleet is currently working the current chain:
    ynjhlyfwzgef.png

Crafty has the shortest list of possibilities, so we're working that, but at the top of the list is Jodmos, with a whopping SIX matching traits (including Crafty). But when I see him on the list, he only references three (Crafty, Klingon, and Undercover Operative).

q17q59fsd70z.png

So if I try Jodmos and he fails to unlock the chain node...
    • Does that only rule out Crafty/Klingon/Undercover Operative, and he might still be eligible under a different combination of traits?
    • If so, how do you manipulate which ones are selected?
    • Do you have to try all 19 possible groups of three traits out of the six he has to completely eliminate him as a possibility?
    • Or does he count for all 19 possible groups and eliminate all of those possibilities? This either gives me a LOT of information to work with, or almost nothing, and it would be nice to know which.
    • If you have a chain with two nodes in the same chain with the same matching skill (Crafty in this case, above) and a crew with this many traits happens to match them both (hypothetically, say the answer for one was Klingon/Undercover Operative and the other was Federation/Starfleet) would they clear them both?

Thanks!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not specifically FBB related, but is a bigger issue with FBB.

Sometimes you randomly have a ship ability text stay opened and displayed over the battle. This blocks your view of the battle. If you're trying to time your ship abilities to reflect the boss's damage you can't see the boss because of the text box, so there is no way to know when it's about to attack to time your defense.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This is not specifically FBB related, but is a bigger issue with FBB.

Sometimes you randomly have a ship ability text stay opened and displayed over the battle. This blocks your view of the battle. If you're trying to time your ship abilities to reflect the boss's damage you can't see the boss because of the text box, so there is no way to know when it's about to attack to time your defense.

That happens to me a lot. When it does, I can make it go away by pressing and holding on an ability which isn't available yet.
  • Options
    trying to spend my 4th valor, battle doesn't start; Restarted the game, saw the valor didn't go down. Tried to start the battle again... not starting. Restarted the game, valor gone...
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had my FBB’s get stuck 6 times and lost 2 valour. All in on my iPad Mini 5.

2 Successful Attempts on Steam using my Surface 3. Both were sluggish although the Surface is old.

Many fleetmates are also having similar troubles.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Did 1 successful boss battle, on 2nd I had restarted game and my valor was at 3/4 so i tried again and had restart game again, after restarting my valor was now showing to be at 2/4.

vipddwtfoz1q.png

• Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Battles won't start for me on any device and losing valor each time I try. I am using an Amazon Kindle Fire 10 and also a Samsung Galaxy tablet. The rest of my fleet is playing.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan we are getting tons of freezing up and lost valor in my fleet, I don't think anyone has been able to successfully run 4 battles without a freeze up
  • Options
    I'm also unable to launch a FBB. I'm on a Google Pixel 6.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are looking into the current freeze issue.
    Are you all on iOS/Android?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on iOS and are having the freezing/lost Valor issue.
  • Options
    JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    My fleet has crashing boss battles and losing valor too. Most use iOS. Thnx @Shan for looking into it
  • Options
    Lost 5 or 6 valor due to crashing.
    I‘m on iOS
  • Options
    @Shan can you please shut down the feature until it is solved?