Options

Fleet Boss Battles Issues thread

Comments

• Options
    @Shan I am having the issue on Android
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet Boss Battles Issue Update:
    While we are still investigating the issue, we recommend to NOT participate in battles until further notice.
    We are looking into a potential fix, and may need to take the feature offline again.
    We'll update again once we know more.
  • Options
    I'm getting the freeze, but not losing valor. Using a Chromebook w/Android app.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Have communicated to fleet to ceasefire until further notice. Most seem to be on mobile devices with the freeze problem. Many lost valor.

Adm [BART's]KopaceticK
  • Options
    erulin9erulin9 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Shan There are traits not visible on mobile again. I can see them on Datacore or crew who might use them show up in the list in game, but they all off the bottom of my iPhone screen. Found on the final row for Nightmare.
  • Options
    [TDE] Jones[TDE] Jones ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    erulin9 wrote: »
    @Shan There are traits not visible on mobile again. I can see them on Datacore or crew who might use them show up in the list in game, but they all off the bottom of my iPhone screen. Found on the final row for Nightmare.

Same here on Android Device: Xiaomi 11TPro Android 12
  • Options
    On ipadPro you now don t see all combos anymore, if there are more
    than 4 you have to scroll down to notice. Not ideal.
    hiravx7igw8l.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    erulin9 wrote: »

Same here on Android Device: Xiaomi 11TPro Android 12

Same here. Asus Zenfone 8 and a fleetmate with an iOS device.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this was reported, but we had this issue with the current combo chain. When only the last node was revealed, consuming Undercover Operative, which is twice in the possible traits, it was correctly greyed out once

BUT

When suggesting crew in the Intterogator node, Sloan was not present. As Interrogator+Undercover Operative it was a possibility, and it was actually the solution. Looks like the search is using the possible traits except traits that are equal to traits revealed (ignoring quantity)

fuxoarfd6p85.png
  • Options
    CyranoCobbCyranoCobb ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I don't even know how to go about proving this one but my fleet hit a combo we can't seem to solve. I seem to have run through all possible traits on the caregiver slot before I was locked out by getting the desperate slot. This is on brutal - I tried Amanda Grayson, Mintakan Troi, mother horta, promoted sisko, Edith keeler, and desert Jake sisko.

vfbuhlpk0huu.png
  • Options
    CyranoCobb wrote: »
    I don't even know how to go about proving this one but my fleet hit a combo we can't seem to solve. I seem to have run through all possible traits on the caregiver slot before I was locked out by getting the desperate slot. This is on brutal - I tried Amanda Grayson, Mintakan Troi, mother horta, promoted sisko, Edith keeler, and desert Jake sisko.

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

We ran into this as well - we found that there was a hidden trait in the Possible Trait pool. By pulling up (in game) the eligible crew to clear the node, we found a trait listed that was not in the Pool. It was confusing at first, since it was one of the Known Traits of another node, but it does look like Hidden Traits are back in this version...
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

The extra row and missing trait bug is back. If you run on Facebook/Steam or look at the json directly you can find the trait not shown on the mobile UI.
  • Options
    CyranoCobbCyranoCobb ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

The extra row and missing trait bug is back. If you run on Facebook/Steam or look at the json directly you can find the trait not shown on the mobile UI.

I appreciate the suggestion - I tried the steam client and got the same list, no 4th row :|

steam client screenshot:
    hqz63ceeb4bt.png

and the json:
    ["betelgeusian","kraylor","gambler","tactician","federation","vulcan","human","survivalist","mirror_universe","royalty","communicator","silicon_lifeform","cultural_figure","maverick","qowat_milat","m113_creature","tellarite","primal"]
  • Options
    [DKA] henka[DKA] henka ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Shan There is a problem with the hidden traits.
    Warship Tuvok cleared the first node with trait Vulcan but Vulcan is not in the list or at least it is not visible! Are there possibly 24 hidden traits, but only 18 are displayed?
    The 6 greyed out traits belong to node 2, 3 and 4.
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 8
    ly6kde2cp5jf.png

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

I was able to check that battle, I can confirm that there is no hidden trait, all the traits needed for that last node are displayed and there are 3 crew that matches the combo.

As you have cleared a node already, even if you use a crew that would match a node it will not unlock the node.

I understand this can create confusion, it was added to the info text for this reason.

(as a helpful hint: you did use one crew that could match this node)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan There is a problem with the hidden traits.
    Warship Tuvok cleared the first node with trait Vulcan but Vulcan is not in the list or at least it is not visible! Are there possibly 24 hidden traits, but only 18 are displayed?
    The 6 greyed out traits belong to node 2, 3 and 4.
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 8
    ly6kde2cp5jf.png

We are aware that there is an issue when more than 18 traits should be displayed unfortunately.
  • Options
    CyranoCobbCyranoCobb ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Shan wrote: »

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

I was able to check that battle, I can confirm that there is no hidden trait, all the traits needed for that last node are displayed and there are 3 crew that matches the combo.

As you have cleared a node already, even if you use a crew that would match a node it will not unlock the node.

I understand this can create confusion, it was added to the info text for this reason.

Shan, all the crew I listed I tried before I had used Molly. That's where my concern is, it sounds like I should have unlocked the node but either did not or one of the crew I think I used I somehow didn't.

So in there, feature request, some sort of tracker of who's been used already ;)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

vfbuhlpk0huu.png

Shan, all the crew I listed I tried before I had used Molly. That's where my concern is, it sounds like I should have unlocked the node but either did not or one of the crew I think I used I somehow didn't.

So in there, feature request, some sort of tracker of who's been used already ;)

My apologies for the misunderstanding, this will be harder to track down but I will keep an eye out for similar reports.
  • Options
    @Shan FBB hangup / valor disappearing seems to be back on my iPhone? I know someone else on our fleet had an issue, too.
  • Options
    Just tried FBB after letting my valor recharge. Launched the game and FBB froze right when I tried the first battle!

latest iOS on iPhone 12 Pro
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I set my phone down when it happened again to complain to someone and then it finally loaded through. Maybe we just need to be patient?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to a fleetie about an hour ago. Clear the cache (off load app) and reinstall. Worked for him on iOS.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for providing these details, any additional details will be helpful to help us track this down.
  • Options
    Discovered a bug and it cost us a lot of valor, Had the below combo chain left to do, note the traits lack RESOURCES. We tried everyone and it failed to clear the node. So on just a hunch, because I saw some crew with the Resources trait (which is not shown as a trait) came up in my list. I used Fencing Picard which has Duelist, Tactician, and Resources traits and it unlocked the node. It shouldn’t have because Resources is not an available trait below…..
    ibus5hkwdval.png

fas849k3go2e.jpeg

• Options
    Discovered a bug and it cost us a lot of valor, Had the below combo chain left to do, note the traits lack RESOURCES. We tried everyone and it failed to clear the node. So on just a hunch, because I saw some crew with the Resources trait (which is not shown as a trait) came up in my list. I used Fencing Picard which has Duelist, Tactician, and Resources traits and it unlocked the node. It shouldn’t have because Resources is not an available trait below…..
    ibus5hkwdval.png

fas849k3go2e.jpeg

We had same issue. There are 4 traits (1 visible and 3 hidden) but it only shows 2 as hidden. As a fleet we used a lot of valor trying to clear. ANOTHER apology pack is needed! :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue where only 3 rows of traits may show on some platform was communicated but I will do a new communication about it to ensure everyone is aware.

It is being looked into.
    As opposed to the first time when this happened, as crew listed in Crew select now show more traits, any hidden trait not shown should be displayed there. It's not ideal, I know but hopefully that should help.

There will not be another pack but if you encountered the issue please submit a ticket explaining the situation and what you had to contribute. Thank you!
  • Options
    Thank you, I must have skipped over that communication. I’m not saying I don’t read all of your posts. (I’m digging a deeper hole here)
    I also should have said the re-emergence of a disliked undocumented feature.
    Thank you for answering so quickly.
  • Options
    Riker's islan{DD}Riker's islan{DD} ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @Shan

the work around you mentioned in the communique
    "- Combo view - traits list display issue

With 9.1.0 the max amount of traits listed in combo view is once again 24.

Unfortunately a previous bug has resurfaced where only 3 rows of traits are shown. (18 traits)

On our pc clients (Facebook, Steam, Windows 10) putting your mouse cursor on a trait in the list and using the scroll wheel should allow you to view any additional row.

For all platforms, when using Crew Select on a node, crew shown in the list will display additional traits. This will allow you to see traits that might be part of a hidden 4th row.

We understand the inconvenience this is causing, we are working on it as quickly as we can
    ."

this does not work, if the few people available at a particular time do not have a crew with the hidden trait - as they never get to see the trait aginst possible alternative crew shown in the crew selector

take for example my current FBB where the hidden & solving trait is DOSI - only 2 crew in the game have this trait, and only one of them solves the particular combo. This is too slim a chance to "see the hidden trait" using the work around.

it may be better to go back 18 max till such time that WRG can solve this issue across all platforms correctly
  • Options
    The issue where only 3 rows of traits may show on some platform was communicated but I will do a new communication about it to ensure everyone is aware.

It is being looked into.
    As opposed to the first time when this happened, as crew listed in Crew select now show more traits, any hidden trait not shown should be displayed there. It's not ideal, I know but hopefully that should help.

There will not be another pack but if you encountered the issue please submit a ticket explaining the situation and what you had to contribute. Thank you!

0qcmekiiu977.jpg

:o:p:)
  • Options
    I just had an issue where I did a single Boss Battle and it somehow cost me 2 Valor