Home The Bridge

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    What was the point of Continuum Energy Component? It's never a bottleneck on anything. I have 6k energy right now and it's only growing.

My guess is: Placeholder reward when you pass a node that you already got the rare for, without giving things that would unbalance the rest of the game economy.
  • That too might change in the future.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another suggestion. Make the first rare reward refresh free(or maybe an ad refresh). The extra rewards will help unblock people stuck on med. And there are enough missions, that people trying to fully clear twice will probably be paying chrons for extra runs even if they have 5 containers. And people with less than 5 containers will be even more tempted to buy the extra containers to help clear them missions twice.
  • [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    w97k0hvabvuw.jpg
    What is this supposed to mean? (1st Q mission on epic)
    How do we get that .. and how often?
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Every single mission seems to have these extra uncollectable/uncollected bits. 5eepmcc7lx2d.png
    Yes, but the others are not really interesting. ;)
    I was just wondering, whether I miss something. Strange enough that there is no clue ingame...
  • [TLA] 84wb wrote: »
    Yes, but the others are not really interesting. ;)
    I was just wondering, whether I miss something. Strange enough that there is no clue ingame...

Maybe they can be collected on replays after the first run. I'll check this out in a few hours.
    Tried that, but no. Perhaps you need to solve all nodes in 1 run. However, I'd expect some info from WRG. Oh well. :(
    I thought so, thanks. Though that's a shame as it would have made running the missions after completing them a lot more attractive. @WRG Ben anything you would want to do about it?
  • edited March 4
    @WRG Ben the in balance of Medical and Science nodes in Continuum Missions is getting worse since server changes, and please note I buy 50, 100 and 150 dilithium resets to increase number of nodes. Look at my current inventory of Quipment and resources

41d3y7h163lu.jpg

There are far too many Holoprogram Skills rather than resources when clearing Science and Medical nodes
  • Greetings Captains, it is never our intention to make you feel silenced or even less insulted. The team is investigating other possibilities regarding the Med components imbalance. Additionally, I will pass notes again regarding the UI. LLAP
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add that I'm seeing an even bigger science mismatch than Med right now.
    7dhkmpazmn64.png
  • I'll concur. Sci & Med quipments are the two weakest for me as well.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having only used components to clear the continuum missions, my lowest are:
    - MED research (~100)
    - MED database (~175)
    - SCI research (~250)
    - CMD database (~250)

The rest of the components are all well over 300, with several well over 400.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or have there been an excessive number of 2* seminar holoprogram rewards this week? And they all seem to be tagged under the harder to get traits.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1575 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • EnderW wrote: »
    Is it just me, or have there been an excessive number of 2* seminar holoprogram rewards this week? And they all seem to be tagged under the harder to get traits.

I noticed that too. Not cool for rewards on the hardest difficulty.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mission 2 this week. First attempt it was called "The Chain."

Second attempt and after it was "Into the Cave."

Same nodes inside the mission, and I don't remember seeing The Chaon before today.

btyd4nnd183b.jpg
    x1k0ixnvq7xu.jpg
    tqu8uzqdzbcj.jpg

"The Chain" is a "character" from the high weirdness of Episode 10. It's just like "The Doctor" chatting to you at the start of Mission 1, "The Rings of Time".

b8dda910irsm.png
    6l3mg52nsotu.png

The fact that the Continuum Missions are plucked from all over the map can make it a bit confusing at times when you get the introduction that you last saw whenever you first played through that bit, which for many of us is quite a while ago.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    This week is the first time I will not be able to complete the whole thing. Out of 96 total nodes for all missions, there are only 6 Meds, and they are particularly weak rewards. It would me take 3 refreshes to get enough Med Qipments just to clear the last Med node. Definitely not worth it.

After hearing about the complaint about lopsided node rewards a few weeks ago, and telling us they were looking into it, WRG seems to have forgotten about it completely this week.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleared all MED nodes with King Ridley using Genitronic Replicator and Good Samaritan Over-Ride. Could’ve swapped out either for the Emergency Medical Mobile Emitter and Medical Seminar combo.

Bell Bashir would’ve laughed at the whole thing but I didn’t feel like thawing him out.

Whilst the game should give out more of some components, it still gives out enough if you’re willing to be stingy. For example, save MED nodes till later in the week. The following week do the MED nodes early in the week. This way you’re still on the same 7 day cooldown for a Legendary Quipment.

I’m only Quipping one MED crew every week. Preferably one that matches a crew trait on the hardest MED node. If not I’ll usually turbocharge Defensive Phlox just so I can murder people in Gauntlet.

Whilst I do have a surplus of Quipment, I do not have a surplus of credits so I prefer to use Quipment as little as posssible.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • This week is the first time I will not be able to complete the whole thing. Out of 96 total nodes for all missions, there are only 6 Meds, and they are particularly weak rewards. It would me take 3 refreshes to get enough Med Qipments just to clear the last Med node. Definitely not worth it.

After hearing about the complaint about lopsided node rewards a few weeks ago, and telling us they were looking into it, WRG seems to have forgotten about it completely this week.

Greetings Captain, we certainly are still investigating if there is a shortage or just Imbalance distribution. Through some scans on our data and interacting with you Captains, seems like an Imbalance rather than shortage. We're still looking and considering possible changes in upcoming updates if situation gets more challenging in the future. LLAP
  • PavelHrPavelHr ✭✭
    So they changed the rewards to 150 Quantum (-100 compared to current rewards), 150 Dilithium (-100 compared to now), -500 merits and +1x5*behold. I don't think this is really significantly any better or worse. 100 Quantum difference is 1/9 of a Citation (900 Quantum) so if we do the math, 40k honor during a sale is 1 Citation + 1 begold and 1 begold is 10k so 1 Citation is 30k, 1/9 of 30k is slightly above 3k honor less per week compared to what we get now. So we trade -100 dilithium and - 3k honor and -500 merits for +10k honor (which is the worth of a begold).

Personally seems like a meh change and I'm not excited or disappointed. It'll be harder to collect Dilithium and citations but over time you'll get more crew, even if what you get will be quite random. I actually hope they revive the idea of exclusive Quantum Crew, I really like the Borg Queen and it was like a monthly Mega crew on top of the bi-monthly normal Mega crew.
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Regarding the adjustment in awards - really not happy about the reduction in quantum and dilithium. Am balanced between happy and let’s see how it goes regarding the 5* behold.

My crew is at the point where I have many immortalized legendaries however as the latest honor sale proved there are some pulls where I’m getting choices where either one or two of the cards are already done. I think the odds are still in my favor here.

So we’ve been traded an extra crew retrieval per month for a chance to add a copy to a card every week (depending on what you have and what the behold gives you) or an entirely new card. I guess depending on what you get it your reward could be 500 honor, not a really good trade off from getting dilithium before.
    I'm glad the merits are gone - it felt very silly getting something so trivial for all that work. (If we're measuring everything in terms of honor, they're 80% of a pull that typically gives 175 so 140.)

I like the idea of getting crew for the hardest level, but new crew is better than a behold - like Ubiquitous Borg Queen. (Maybe we could have an alternating month of beholds/4 copies of a new crew for a month?)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8
    This week is the first time I will not be able to complete the whole thing. Out of 96 total nodes for all missions, there are only 6 Meds, and they are particularly weak rewards. It would me take 3 refreshes to get enough Med Qipments just to clear the last Med node. Definitely not worth it.

Greetings Captain, we certainly are still investigating if there is a shortage or just Imbalance distribution. Through some scans on our data and interacting with you Captains, seems like an Imbalance rather than shortage. We're still looking and considering possible changes in upcoming updates if situation gets more challenging in the future. LLAP

There is an "imbalance" because there is a shortage of drops of one of the two components needed.

clhh6je0b9er.png

37 of one Component, ZERO of the other in example above.

EDIT: Things were not helped by increasing the amounts needed of each material, but not increasing the amounts of each material dropped.

Perhaps have each Node drop the same amount {3-5} of EACH of the two components needed.

If people are struggling just to equip Crew for Nodes in the Continuum Missions, defeats the stated purpose of Quipment helping in other parts of the game.

No offense is intended at all in any way. I'm just trying to provide constructive feedback and help clarify the issue.

On an unrelated note, the much more unobtrusive "yellow sweep" does look much better than the original!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • PavelHrPavelHr ✭✭
    Just to provide a counterpoint, I'm not sure how people are using all their Medical components. I fully equip at least 1, usually 2 crew each week with maximum Med gear and never run out of it. Even then for MED voyages, I usually hit 16k MED with just 2 Maxed MED crew and don't need to equip more than 2 and it would actually be counter productive going over it. I think if people stick to maxing 2 MED crew per week they should be fine? szn2pbfylsvm.jpg
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    PavelHr wrote: »
    Just to provide a counterpoint, I'm not sure how people are using all their Medical components. I fully equip at least 1, usually 2 crew each week with maximum Med gear and never run out of it. Even then for MED voyages, I usually hit 16k MED with just 2 Maxed MED crew and don't need to equip more than 2 and it would actually be counter productive going over it. I think if people stick to maxing 2 MED crew per week they should be fine? szn2pbfylsvm.jpg

We hear you, but from your pic you only have 68 Med Research & 93 Med database ... compared to your next lowest 227 Eng Research/283 Cmd Database! Having to manage Med when we don't really have to manage the other 5 means Med is a little short on dropping (although if it's becasue they're aren't that many Med nodes...)! Adm TrialNeverEnds
  • edited April 8
    Ditto. I ran out of Med parts just once, but otherwise, there is a typical imbalance between Meds and the rest of the parts.

q5ig2wekmfk7.png