Home The Bridge

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Is there a list with quipment items and their specific requirements? That would be helpful to consider whom to cite up to 5*
  • Galador wrote: »
    Is there a list with quipment items and their specific requirements? That would be helpful to consider whom to cite up to 5*

Here’s a list:
    https://www.bigbook.app/ratings/quipments
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Elizabeth the only option for the Physician/Telekinetic Orb?!?!?

1wde5amp58yi.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • So, Elizabeth the only option for the Physician/Telekinetic Orb?!?!?

The whole Continuum part of the game still has so many conceptional flaws (apart from the evident supply rate of MED items). Also the "Prophet's Baseball Hat Quipment" (600 CMD + 150 SEC) is used by Niners Sisko only (if you exclude the 4*).
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Just 3 MED nodes again this week. Also, the last mission is Highway to Hell (E10M2) which has many, many nodes so it's probably going to take a lot more containers to finish everything than usual.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    Just 3 MED nodes again this week. Also, the last mission is Highway to Hell (E10M2) which has many, many nodes so it's probably going to take a lot more containers to finish everything than usual.

Highway to hell only has four skills, no DIP or MED nodes.

Pass one, ENG, CMD, SCI along the top, then middle for penultimate node.
    Pass two, ENG, CMD, SEC, bottom for the first half, top for the second.
    Pass three ENG, CMD, booster seat, to pick up those final ENG/CMD nodes,

Other routes are available, e.g. if you make two passes with ENG,CMD, SEC as I am doing.

As long as your ENG crew is strong enough to crit consecutive nodes.
    Sci is also two consecutive nodes, a strong vulcan like Surak should manage it, I have not seen EPIC yet.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't started mission 4 yet. But missions 1-3 all have only two paths, so with strong enough crew you can clear them with two valor. If you call 12 valor par for clearing all stars, and you complete 1-3 in 6 valor, that leaves you with 6 valor to use on 4 and still make par. Looks like this week will still be under par overall even if mission 4 is a little harder.
    A special Thanx to everyone who is using fully Quipped out Crew in Gauntlet during the stupidest OE of all.....

👍🖖👍🖖👍
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A special Thanx to everyone who is using fully Quipped out Crew in Gauntlet during the stupidest OE of all.....

👍🖖👍🖖👍

You could have too. You knew other people would. So why not protect yourself and do the same.
    AviTrek wrote: »

👍🖖👍🖖👍

You could have too. You knew other people would. So why not protect yourself and do the same.

Guess I'm too considerate.
  • Why wouldn't you want an advantage to make the Objective Event easier for yourself, instead of putting in your unquipped crew for everyone to beat on? Isn't the whole idea of PvP to... try and beat other players...?
    Why wouldn't you want an advantage to make the Objective Event easier for yourself, instead of putting in your unquipped crew for everyone to beat on? Isn't the whole idea of PvP to... try and beat other players...?

I even included funnelcaking emojis and everything......

• Funnelcaking?
    edited January 17
    Just 3 MED nodes again this week. Also, the last mission is Highway to Hell (E10M2) which has many, many nodes so it's probably going to take a lot more containers to finish everything than usual.

I was worried when I saw that long and winding road. I had already used a canister to finish the previous Mission.

bx1xgrjdkqpr.png

After two runs, I have two Nodes left. This team should do it.
    o50lb1bvccg9.png

EDIT: Mariner for the Sci Node, Tendi for Sec & Com. Quipped her to make sure she can clear the Com a little tired, hopefully.

c5a8asxea206.png
  • Does using Quipment boost performance in the Gauntlet?
    Does using Quipment boost performance in the Gauntlet?

Yes.

• Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maid Marian boosted and fully quipped: 4585 minimum DIP
    Mok Worf boosted and fully quipped: 4901 minimum SEC
    (I don't have them but used data from Big Book.)

Those values can compete with one-skillers.
    I found none though that comes close to those numbers with SCI. A Vulcan chef would trigger the required quipment options, but Tuvix's base is too low.

why are you fully quipping crew up to numbers that you don't need & wasting resources when you can do the job much easier with crew with less items
    for example,
    Dip - any bajoran especially Varani, Mirror Intendent Kira, Emissary Sisko
    Sci EMH Kenneth, Albert Maklin
    Sec Handler Worf, Valeo La'an
    Com Lt Spock, Kai Winn, Esteemed Tom Paris, Chances Kirk
  • why are you fully quipping crew up to numbers that you don't need & wasting resources when you can do the job much easier with crew with less items
    for example,

I'm not aware that I said I did that.

why are you fully quipping crew up to numbers that you don't need & wasting resources when you can do the job much easier with crew with less items
    for example,

You didn't. You specifically said you looked them up.

Kim,

GM was giving examples of people that can be pushed high for a specific Skill.

Comparing them to the three single Skill high score ones I mentioned.

for example,

OK sorry, I Missed the big book part, but I was just replying to the latest post by you instead of the earlier one by you which seemed to imply that you had tried it out
    Btw, some rather surprising crew I found to be extremely helpful:

Convergence Day Quark quipped with FCA Business Licence, Grand Nagus Scepter, Admiral Command Override, Hierarchy Optimization Research. Hits 4164 minimum on COM.

Mother L'Rell quipped with Shroud of the Sword, Neutrality Based Diplomacy, Interspecies Dining Etiquette, Replicated Flower Arrangement. Hits 4302 minimum on DIP.

Handler Worf quipped with Sword of Kahless, Code Red Security Override, Terrestrial Warfare Research, MACO Stun Baton. Hits 4642 minimum on SEC.

King Ridley, quipped with Good Samaritan Medial Override, Spinal Physiology for Non-Bipeds Research, Genitronic Replicator, Emergency Medical Mobile Emitter. Hits 4163 minimum on MED.

Surak, quipped with Kir'Shara, Stability Composite, Interstellar Composite Research, Psionic Field Receptor. Hits 4358 minimum on SCI

I don't have McCoy and Capt. Tribble immortalized yet, so I'm lacking the point of comparison with those two, who I suspect to be more powerful.

• OK sorry, I Missed the big book part, but I was just replying to the latest post by you instead of the earlier one by you which seemed to imply that you had tried it out

Yes, indeed I'll be reverting to use those crew after finishing the quipment slot unlock achievements. Those crew can easily solve two consecutive nodes of the same skill requirement in the range of 3800-3900.
    Without consecutive nodes I agree that quipping more than 4000 is useless (for continuum missions, not for voyages though.)
    edited January 25
    My first "Green Bar"!!!!!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

sf6dfjp6wi02.png

Second:

771tpebk7gpp.png

OK sorry, I Missed the big book part, but I was just replying to the latest post by you instead of the earlier one by you which seemed to imply that you had tried it out

Yes, indeed I'll be reverting to use those crew after finishing the quipment slot unlock achievements. Those crew can easily solve two consecutive nodes of the same skill requirement in the range of 3800-3900.
    Without consecutive nodes I agree that quipping more than 4000 is useless (for continuum missions, not for voyages though.)

any bajoran with Dip as their first skill & a high one would be better IMO than L'rell

Bones is definitely the best for Med naturally & would recommend retrieving

Sci Kenneth EMH, Albert, Apgar

Com - Lt Spock, Elder, Arex
    And plenty more new crew

They can solve 2 nodes in a row
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral April everyone just got 4/5. He can handle all of CMD and only needs at most one cite.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again med nodes are 3 of 30.

When selecting crew, it should put favourite crew at the top of the list, or have a list option for favourites. It would help when selecting crew we want to level.

This is a thing I have thought about before, and could be extended to other parts of the game. Keeping favourites just to the crew screen has always been an oversight.
  • Once again med nodes are 3 of 30.

When selecting crew, it should put favourite crew at the top of the list, or have a list option for favourites. It would help when selecting crew we want to level.

This is a thing I have thought about before, and could be extended to other parts of the game. Keeping favourites just to the crew screen has always been an oversight.

Greetings captain, I'll share this thought with the team. Thank you, LLAP
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Once again med nodes are 3 of 30.

Greetings captain, I'll share this thought with the team. Thank you, LLAP

It would be great if we could get looped back in about the outcome of the myriad of issues, concerns and ideas that you mention are being brought forward to the devs/team. I get that players shouldn't be privy to all internal discussions, but knowing some outcomes and rationale would help temper our expectations and shape our feedback in the future, while also providing some added communication and transparency.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think communication and transparency are against company policy.
  • Greetings Captains, that is true whenever I have some updates for you I make sure to create a new post or answer back in threads. Some notes pass directly to the product team and others remain for revision and to be approved. At the same time, January is quite a busy month for the whole team since we are preparing everything yet to come for 2024. We apologize for any inconvenience, but understand that we try to perform the best we can for all you and your fleets. LLAP
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need quip level displayed on selection screen.

The "unlock 20 quip slots" OE is also going to be a prohlem in the future- I'm now purposely using the same 3 or 4 crew all the time so that I continue to have viable crew to level for the OE.