Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx so much for the QoL improvement of it staying on the Skill you selected when Crafting multiple Quipments.

That having to keep hitting the pull-down four times to do four Quipments might have irritated me more than others. But, it definitely irritated me!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players: Can we just have the QP level shown directly on the crew selection screen for missions.

Designers: How about a button requiring extra clicks to see level and then more clicks when you close out of it to get back where you were...
  • Options
    edited April 9
    dext74 wrote: »
    Players: Can we just have the QP level shown directly on the crew selection screen for missions.

Designers: How about a button requiring extra clicks to see level and then more clicks when you close out of it to get back where you were...

An indication of Level and the progress bar would be great, when selecting Crew. On Normal, it is quite popular to work on the Unlock Slot Achievement for some of us. Having to click back and forth to see who needs XP where it is easiest to get it would help.

Within Continuum Missions, when you complete a Mission, there is a bar already there. Activating that to show progress after the Mission would be great, too.

Like if you are 75/100 on the first Slot.

EDIT: Progress bar, with numerics under it, could fit between the Crew member's head and the first Skill. Room there, and the "padlock" covering it would not be an issue. Since they are unavailable any way to use if the "padlock" is there.

1xxs0r84ycjo.png

Although it would be wonderful if at some point we could use Crew on Shuttles and Voyages. Instead of people we Quip being "locked out" if they are one place or the other. We know it is possible based on Skirmish to code for it.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Please make it a QoL priority to fix the Stars not going away and the Missions showing as completed when we pay Dilithium to Reset.

Since you have to start over at the first screen every time you select a Mission you have already cleared when doing a second run, it becomes too "chory" to encourage spending.

Example:

I'm on Epic on the second run through. All twelve Missions are showing 3 🌟.

gxivx842h8x8.png

I've cleared Mission One and Mission Two the second run through.

809pp2e5r3iq.png
    i21ydkchoux1.png

I've done one run on Mission Three.

1jink96lhon2.png

Mission Four has not been started.

8p8zajic3d3g.png

The interface as it exists is horrible for second and third Run Throughs.

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    From my point of view that would be a change for the worse, to be honest. I only ever reset if I need to farm some extra components to Quip someone up to be able to take on a particularly tricky node on Epic. If it didn't clearly show me which node(s) still needed to be solved to claim the chain reward, I'd be frustrated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my point of view that would be a change for the worse, to be honest. I only ever reset if I need to farm some extra components to Quip someone up to be able to take on a particularly tricky node on Epic. If it didn't clearly show me which node(s) still needed to be solved to claim the chain reward, I'd be frustrated.

I can clear everything in one go. If I'm resetting it's because I want to clear everything a second time to stock up on more items. I agree with Scott. It's incredibly annoying to have to check every mission to be sure I didn't miss something. And based on my rare item achievement I almost certainly have missed items.
  • Options
    It's bad enough that there are fewer Med Nodes. Then, you run into a Med Node that doesn't even drop Med stuff.....

24cgu9nt8af7.png
  • Options
    Zsa Zsa GaborgZsa Zsa Gaborg ✭✭✭
    It's bad enough that there are fewer Med Nodes. Then, you run into a Med Node that doesn't even drop Med stuff.....

24cgu9nt8af7.png

That **tsk tsk** so much.
  • Options
    Zsa Zsa GaborgZsa Zsa Gaborg ✭✭✭

24cgu9nt8af7.png

That isn’t cool.
  • Options

24cgu9nt8af7.png

That isn’t cool.

This final Med Nodes was "iffy".

fw6a10mc88b7.png

McCoy is literally the ONLY Med Crew I am Quipping now. And still not enough Bits & Pieces to fully Quip him for the Continuum Missions. If we cannot Quip one Crew to complete the Missions, what are we doing the Missions for? You cannot get the BeGold or the new Crew, when applicable, without being able to Quip Crew. Much less boost Crew for other game modes.

0au1v12emrgu.png

McCoy only cleared that last Node in one try because he had a matching Trait.

wl3ikcrx1qby.png

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I've spent almost all my spare Quipment this week going for longer voyages and buffing my top gauntlet performers in the hopes of slightly increasing my chances of getting the super-RNG-dependent exclusives from those two areas of the game*. I did just manage to finish Epic this time round ... and RNG gave me an all-5/5 behold (aka 550 honor) as my reward.

So I'm strongly considering just finishing Normal and Elite and harvesting what Quipment I can from Epic, and not worrying about completing it until there's a new exclusive crew or something. I can get begolds as a freebie when I buy 20% discounted citations in the next honor sale ...

*Spoiler alert - nothing to show for it so far
  • Options
    [TLA]  84wb[TLA] 84wb ✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    .. 2 months ago ..
    Greetings Captains, it is never our intention to make you feel silenced or even less insulted. The team is investigating other possibilities regarding the Med components imbalance. Additionally, I will pass notes again regarding the UI. LLAP

.. 1 month ago ..
    Greetings Captain, we certainly are still investigating if there is a shortage or just Imbalance distribution. Through some scans on our data and interacting with you Captains, seems like an Imbalance rather than shortage. We're still looking and considering possible changes in upcoming updates if situation gets more challenging in the future. LLAP

I believe the situation still needs to get more challenging than it is today, because it isn't a very demanding task to let MED stuff drop from MED nodes.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    I have a wish. All players who have been around for a long time have an overflowing inventory full of Crew Experience Training. And there are always new rewards that we don't need. My wish/idea is that we can also use these trainings to unlock quipment slots. Of course it can't be too easy. For example, 1000 trainings for 100 level points.
    At the moments, our trainings are just trash. But if we can use it for the quipment slots too, then this items are again interessting.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    As a long time player with a lot in my inventory that I’ll never use up I 2nd @Rantanplan {DD} ’s idea.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 93 crew with all 4 slots open. I'm already running out of immortalized crew on my active roster that need slots open.

Letting you use trainers would be a one time jump to open up slots on crew and then trainers would start to accumulate again. Next thing you know we' d be sitting on trainers again and be able to open all 4 slots the moment a crew is immortalized. It feels like that defeats the purpose of how continuum was designed.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I have 93 crew with all 4 slots open. I'm already running out of immortalized crew on my active roster that need slots open.

Letting you use trainers would be a one time jump to open up slots on crew and then trainers would start to accumulate again. Next thing you know we' d be sitting on trainers again and be able to open all 4 slots the moment a crew is immortalized. It feels like that defeats the purpose of how continuum was designed.

💯
  • Options
    Can we add an easier way to tell who we can level up for these Continuum object events?

It's still a huge pain to go through and look at everybody all the time clicking through multiple different screens just to see how many points they need to open another Quipment slot. It would be extremely helpful if you would show some kind of indication in the Continuum mission screen cards on how many slots they currently have unlocked, and how many missions until the next unlock, without having to keep clicking through other screens and back repeatedly.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Right now, you click on the details button, then you have to reapply whatever filter you had in place, then scroll back down to whichever crew you were looking at (which could be a long way if you've got a lot of maxed out crew) so that you can add them to the mission. Assuming that they're a suitable choice that is, if not you have to pick the next one in the list and do it all again. It's such a faff.

It's a badly designed interface that should never have made it to release. It's also nothing like what the players were asking for, which is to easily be able to see how many QP a crew has directly from the list. Even if the details button worked properly, it still wouldn't be what we wanted.
  • Options
    It's very easy. We don't need the information that our crew is level 100. This we know, because only immortal crew can play the missions. So delete "100" and put there the points for the next level.

ryai1m57ul25.png

Really excellent suggestion! Please do this.
  • Options
    {PTC} Kenny{PTC} Kenny ✭✭✭
    It's very easy. We don't need the information that our crew is level 100. This we know, because only immortal crew can play the missions. So delete "100" and put there the points for the next level.

ryai1m57ul25.png

Yes, Please do this
  • Options

ryai1m57ul25.png

Exactly what was asked for previously. Instead, we got the details button.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

ryai1m57ul25.png

Exactly what was asked for previously. Instead, we got the details button.

...which doesn't work half the time anyway. You click on it, update the crew, and then it fails to return you to the Continuum page. You have to reload everything from scratch. It's a band-aid at best.
  • Options
    Frankly, I've grown so tired of the game's continual shortcomings and the creative staff's inability to fix known issues that are years old that I've ceased spending any kind of money on their product and am considering dropping out entirely.
  • Options
    Frankly, I've grown so tired of the game's continual shortcomings and the creative staff's inability to fix known issues that are years old that I've ceased spending any kind of money on their product and am considering dropping out entirely.

Especially when there are players who are posting some helpful solutions. It’s frustrating.
  • Options

Especially when there are players who are posting some helpful solutions. It’s frustrating.

I think they're short on devs and coders. Meanwhile, we're left holding the bag.
  • Options

I think they're short on devs and coders. Meanwhile, we're left holding the bag.

I have no doubt however someone coded what we have now and that effort could have gone toward what was suggested here.
  • Options

I have no doubt however someone coded what we have now and that effort could have gone toward what was suggested here.

Sure. The problem is how much re-coding does what we suggest here require? I made a bunch of worthwhile suggestions about the same topic on another thread. I'm sure their skeleton crew is getting bombarded with such "suggestions" and probably conflicting management requests. The result is... not what we want.
  • Options

Sure. The problem is how much re-coding does what we suggest here require? I made a bunch of worthwhile suggestions about the same topic on another thread. I'm sure their skeleton crew is getting bombarded with such "suggestions" and probably conflicting management requests. The result is... not what we want.

Ultimately, what we want is for the game to be good. It seems like the people designing it, or at least the ones making the decisions, don't want that.