Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some feedback having played a couple bug freeish rounds so far:

Overall I like the feature and the strategy it brings.

Minor QOL Tweaks:
    1) Remove the ! from crew quarters notification. I'm not going to be equipping every crew with every available slot. So that notification will just sit there blocking out other notifications

2) When I'm on a crew looking for what to equip I'm often filtering on a skill, clicking into the item, then clicking back out to look at the next item. Right now the skill filter is removed when I go back to look at the items. The filter should remain in place until I remove it. Right now it's forcing me to refilter every time which is annoying.

3) I should be able to quick build Quipment. I shouldn't have to build the normal item first and then build the Quipment

4) If I'm missing an item, it shows me the graphic, but it neither says what it is nor what mission has it available. I'd like to click to see the name of the item, and have a jump to the mission. It would be even better if it also says which missions had the item if I refreshed the rewards. Making it easier to know I should refresh makes me more likely to spend the DIL for it.

Broader feedback:

The current mechanics have no penalties for lost nodes. That means all I need is 1 crew who can complete the final node(at the current skill check) and 1 crew who can crit the node I want. I don't need to think about secondary skills because I can always put in three crew with good primary and fail anything else. And the number of stars means I will need to run 3 times anyway, so I can likely cover all the pathing options.

If there was a penalty for failing a node, either higher skill on final node, or more exhaustion to the crew that failed, then I would need to be more thoughtful about my crew and have to think about secondary skill and how to level them up too.
  • Options
    Still waiting for a fix:

7cfqx8hgkope.jpg
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    Still waiting for a fix:

7cfqx8hgkope.jpg

Same here. Stuck and can't run the 2nd mission yet.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a fix:

7cfqx8hgkope.jpg

ik2aecx5aah5.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Two pieces of feedback:

1) When we've earned one of the weekly rewards (500 Merits for finishing Normal, for instance), can it please turn from Red to Green to further highlight that it's done? It does say Claimed, but it would be a nice additional visual confirmation of progress.

2) It appears that like FBB materials, Continuum Components do not count towards Inventory total (nice!). However, it does still appear to add to the hidden total and trigger our "You have 975+/1000 items, watch out!" notification.

Example, I had 964/1000 but got the notification on my Inventory menu. I also had 16 unique Continuum Components. I loaded my profile into Datacore and sure enough, it told me I had 980/1000.

Thanks for all the hard work!
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Still waiting for a fix:

7cfqx8hgkope.jpg

Same here. Stuck and can't run the 2nd mission yet.

For me, it was the 4th mission. I guessed on some crew to use. When I went to do the mission, the graphic showed up. At least with the ones I guessed I was able to get the last node. When I went to replay, the graphic showed up then.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Some feedback having played a couple bug freeish rounds so far:

Overall I like the feature and the strategy it brings.

Minor QOL Tweaks:
    1) Remove the ! from crew quarters notification. I'm not going to be equipping every crew with every available slot. So that notification will just sit there blocking out other notifications

2) When I'm on a crew looking for what to equip I'm often filtering on a skill, clicking into the item, then clicking back out to look at the next item. Right now the skill filter is removed when I go back to look at the items. The filter should remain in place until I remove it. Right now it's forcing me to refilter every time which is annoying.

3) I should be able to quick build Quipment. I shouldn't have to build the normal item first and then build the Quipment

4) If I'm missing an item, it shows me the graphic, but it neither says what it is nor what mission has it available. I'd like to click to see the name of the item, and have a jump to the mission. It would be even better if it also says which missions had the item if I refreshed the rewards. Making it easier to know I should refresh makes me more likely to spend the DIL for it.

Broader feedback:

The current mechanics have no penalties for lost nodes. That means all I need is 1 crew who can complete the final node(at the current skill check) and 1 crew who can crit the node I want. I don't need to think about secondary skills because I can always put in three crew with good primary and fail anything else. And the number of stars means I will need to run 3 times anyway, so I can likely cover all the pathing options.

If there was a penalty for failing a node, either higher skill on final node, or more exhaustion to the crew that failed, then I would need to be more thoughtful about my crew and have to think about secondary skill and how to level them up too.

Great feedback
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another ui issue. As you start quiping crew and boosting their stats the wrap becomes a problem. Especially when you're trying to see if the crew in question can crit a node.

Here's an example.
    4ypn3kw6wbht.jpg

What's kira's proficiency? The numbers are on three rows. SEC is covering some of the numbers. And that's the only view you get from the continuum mission to see if she can hit the crit value. Otherwise you need to quit out, go to the crew quarters, see the stats there, do the mental math, and remember the number when you go back into the continuum mission.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, some quick feedback and issues.....

1) Not being able to use voyage and shuttle crew in these really hurts the usability. We have a limited number of boosts and it take many uses of a crew to be able to use the boosts. So if we can't actually USE the crew that we are putting the boosts on, whats the point?? This is far and away the number one detriment to usability. Only boosted crew can clear elite and higher nodes, so the only way to use the feature is just to boost crew for the feature, but not use it on events or voyages. so a circular catch 22

Totally agree on the first part. I plan on boosting Valeo La'an this evening. As it stands, I will have to run her on 4 missions as soon as she is immortal. I cannot do that at the same time she is on shuttles. It adds to the complexity.

For the second part, I am at 9/12 stars on Elite, without using any Quipment.
    I guess this depends on how mature your roster is, and what collection and starbase bonuses you have.
    3) There aren't enough components to build the gear needed to clear epic, so you have to spend dilithium to re-set nodes to get enough components by careful grinding in order to get a prize of....less dilithium than you spent to get the gear to clear the nodes. I see no value in pushing to clear epic at all. Either gear costs are too high, or the crit threshholds on epic are too high, or the rewards are too weak. (again, especially if I can't actually use the crew that I am putting the boosts on in events or voyages). MAYBE if we could grind for permanent quipment (even lower level) that would be something worth spending and grinding for. But as constructed, I don't understand the point.

I think this is playing the long game. It will take months to unlock slots on a reasonable amount of crew, and build up a decent supply of Quipment. I think this problem will reduce after a while.

I also think playing on a two week schedule. would work.
    First five days clear as much as possible, using minimal boosts.
    Last two days, boost crew to finish off.
    Reset.
    First five days, use boosted crew to clear the nodes.
    Boost additional crew if needed.
    Last two days, repeat normal with new crew to gain QP experience.

Then the remaining boosts can be accumulated for events/voyages/gauntlet.
  • Options
    One thing I have noticed, is that if you fail a node, it does not make the final node harder.
    This is good, especially on higher difficulties, it allows us to aim to pass three nodes, and ignore any others, then go back and clear the others.

It also allows for training of crew, put in one crew that will pass the final node, and two dummy crew who need QP training.

I would also suggest ship battle Quipment.
    e.g. adds to Equipment bonuses, or the crews main battle stats.
    A Quipment that added a bit of crit rating and +1 to attack would be fantastic for Demo Man Scotty.
  • Options
    I'm still so confused by this. I'm having trouble getting all the nodes even on elite. I can't imagine how impossible epic will be. I keep reading people saying they're boosting their crew. How? I don't see that option at all. Are you using the Quipment to do it? I have no idea what those items are good for.
  • Options
    @Sisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF]

To unlock a Quipment slot to need to use a crew in at least four continuum missions.

Then go to your crew quarters. Order your crew via QP. Your unlocked crew will be at the top with 1-4 slots unlocked.

Equip them like you would normal crew.
    Be aware that Quark comes along within.a week to aquire the Quipment from your crew.
  • Options

To unlock a Quipment slot to need to use a crew in at least four continuum missions.

Then go to your crew quarters. Order your crew via QP. Your unlocked crew will be at the top with 1-4 slots unlocked.

Be aware that Quark comes along within.a week to aquire the Quipment from your crew.

I'm sorry that's just more confusing. Where is this explained in the game?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry that's just more confusing. Where is this explained in the game?

guscgrgx2z6g.png

Worf with some Quipment. His XP bar is at the top. I’ve only unlocked 1 slot. You’ll probably have to rerun lower Continuum missions to get XP for particular characters.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone as far as I can. 11/12 on Elite and 8/12 on Epic.
    I know I can't go further because I need command Quipment and I can't build any more.

Maybe next week!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix is slowly getting rolled out, I can do missions again. With a supply kit, it will take about 400 chrons to unlock all the nodes again.
    z742yoteddfd.jpg
  • Options
    So if I understand right, those who were able to re-play a few continuum mission over the past four days are gonna keep their farmed components and unlocked quipment slots as an extra compensation beyond the compensation package.

And those who could not play continuum missons at all receive no extra compensation at all...

Brilliant move.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I understand right, those who were able to re-play a few continuum mission over the past four days are gonna keep their farmed components and unlocked quipment slots as an extra compensation beyond the compensation package.

And those who could not play continuum missons at all receive no extra compensation at all...

Brilliant move.

No. I think they mean that all the rare one-time rewards we get for the joy of re-running a bunch of galaxy map missions will be considered additional compensation… saying nothing about the waste of chrons, time, and effort to do so to offset their glitch and inability to correct it.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    The fix is slowly getting rolled out, I can do missions again. With a supply kit, it will take about 400 chrons to unlock all the nodes again.
    z742yoteddfd.jpg

Mine isn't working yet. I hit "travel" and it just goes back to the main screen, nothing happens. In addition, the in game message said 8 missions affected, but I counted 10 that I'm locked out from.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowly being rolled out
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    z742yoteddfd.jpg

Mine isn't working yet. I hit "travel" and it just goes back to the main screen, nothing happens. In addition, the in game message said 8 missions affected, but I counted 10 that I'm locked out from.

Slowly rolling out. not working…yet. Just logged in to game FYI. So “restart” accomplished. I Cant run them. Bigger issue is Ditto: more than 8 missions. I have 12 to run.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

Brilliant move.

No. I think they mean that all the rare one-time rewards we get for the joy of re-running a bunch of galaxy map missions will be considered additional compensation… saying nothing about the waste of chrons, time, and effort to do so to offset their glitch and inability to correct it.

I don't think you understand. I did not have to joy of re-running a bunch of galaxy map missions. Players had different experiences over the past 4 days. Those who had the joy could accumulate components, and even more important, quipment slots, while those who didn't have the joy were just dead in the water.

Spending chrons/dil is an entirely different can of worms. I wonder how that's gonna be compensated. They should refund all that's been spent on continuum missions.
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »

Brilliant move.

That's my interpretation too - might be wrong, but it was unclear, so we have to interpret it - I don't care how good those one-time rewards are, I've been unable to play the game as normal for several days and what I really want is to get back to playing the game as normal as soon as possible, I do NOT appreciate having to run those missions again, no matter what the rewards are.
  • Options
    Counting how many I'm locked out from:
    Episode 1: 4x3
    Episode 2: 2x3
    Episode 10: 1x3
    Distress Calls: Infinity: 1x3

so, if I haven't missed any, I'm on just the '8' they mentioned, but that's eight that I have to run multiple times to get all three stars on each of the three difficulties.
  • Options
    What do we think the appropriate compensation should be?
  • Options
    I'd rather have a promise that next time something like this happens they will roll back until it's sorted than compensation.
  • Options
    Completing mission 1 has just unlocked mission 3 instead of mission 2.

fqrqgn6e7zd6.jpg
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a promise that next time something like this happens they will roll back until it's sorted than compensation.

I'm pretty sure they would have rolled back if they didn't think that would have caused more problems
  • Options
    It did not take too long to re-run those 8 missions. I could use the same crew to solve all nodes, so there was no need to exchange crew between runs. Also - IIRC - there were only 2 missions that had to be run 3x to receive all stars.

Overall not a big deal and some fun to remeber those expedition events back then. I loved them at the time, but would hat to have them reappear. ;)
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?