Home The Bridge
Options

2024 Convergence Day Object Event - Free 1/5 of each crew just for fusing the SRs in each mega

Comments

• Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the idea behind this month-long event, but it's made the competition to get into the top 1500 SO fierce that everyone in my fleet is finding these events near impossible. We're pouring more resources and real-world money into the events than ever before and still getting shoved out of the top 1500 in the last few hours (despite continuing to run the events constantly in those hours, not even sure how that's possible). We're getting point values that would be 'top 100' any other time, and still aren't enough, because everyone is after these 5-stars to get them for this event.

Thank you to the team for trying to be creative with a generous event, but... maybe let's not do this again. :-) It's made the events this month absolutely miserable.
  • Options
    I think the threshold for a single legendary reward should be raised to 2500 at least.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    I think the threshold for a single legendary reward should be raised to 2500 at least.

YES! This is the wisdom of a tenth-generation joined trill. Developers, take note! :-)
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, if you're spending real-world money getting into the top 1500 then you're doing it wrong. That said, telling WRG that they shouldn't run this type of event again because it makes them too much money probably isn't going to work out the way you want it to.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew wrote: »
    We're getting point values that would be 'top 100' any other time, and still aren't enough, because everyone is after these 5-stars to get them for this event.

This isn't true. For last week's Galaxy I would estimate about 2500 trophies would get you into the top 100. Normally I would say its about 2000.

On top of that though there's an additional factor at play: Quipment. With Quipment I can reasonably expect to win 8/9 supply missions. 9/9 a lot of the time. Normally you can't do that with vanilla 4s.

This is also when I have to ask how much Chronitons did you start the last event with? I'm guessing not very many.

I started the Skirmish with 50K chrons. Wiped them out and let half my intel rot. I started the Galaxy with effectively infinite because I don't need to spend chrons during Galaxies. Got Top 500 both times.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I was pretty shocked that spending 8000 chrons in the last event wasn't enough to keep me in the top 1500. That was way above average for how well I usually prepare for an event. That was an entire week of hoarding voyages I was dumping into a black hole, and I still slipped down to 1700th place in the last couple of hours and got nothing meaningfull for the hours of grinding like so many others.

I know the whole event structure is designed to get you to just buy packs if you can't compete, but it still **tsk tsk** sometimes when you do compete hard and blow many hours over a weekend and it's a waste of time. I'm at the point where I am just wanting to do the bare minimum for the rest of the mega and wait to buy some of the mega packs at the end instead.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, if you're spending real-world money getting into the top 1500 then you're doing it wrong. That said, telling WRG that they shouldn't run this type of event again because it makes them too much money probably isn't going to work out the way you want it to.

True. Probably should have clarified "This is making everyone in the fleet so disgusted that they're not even going to try anymore, and there goes that revenue stream." :-)
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    That said, ChaosChild, I'm never looking to spend extra money (this event, and my affection for Tendi, being a special case); what would you suggest as an alternate strategy for getting there more reliably?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the opposite experience. I'm excited about the new oe crew. I've pushed and been more competitive in events that I would have skipped before. This oe has gotten me to play the events more just for the OE. I'd love to see more like this if the crew are good worth it.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm having the opposite experience. I'm excited about the new oe crew. I've pushed and been more competitive in events that I would have skipped before. This oe has gotten me to play the events more just for the OE. I'd love to see more like this if the crew are good worth it.

Ditto. I can’t remember the last time I finished in the top-750 for three straight events (by choice). I just wish the reward for completing the OE was 5 free crew slots instead of the standard 200 honor!

On a side note, Ben said years ago that they didn’t like players hoarding resources. Every game feature introduced since then has been designed to drain resources, just with a decent enough carrot to get most players to bite. It does get frustrating when you start feeling steered (not actually forced) into playing the game the way they want you too.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought five extra crew slots in the sale just before because of this oe. So they got me to spend 1500 dil too.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

Ben said years ago that they didn’t like players hoarding resources. Every game feature introduced since then has been designed to drain resources, just with a decent enough carrot to get most players to bite.

I do not feel my resources are being drained. Somethings I can spend pretty easily but others just sit there accumulating.

They should let us add a Replicator Ration Bazooka to our ships. Blowing up bosses with my ration stash would fix a lot of resource problems.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Events have only been slightly more competitive for these events. I had 1200 SRs to cash in at the end of the event (my now normal amount for a Galaxy), and I probably should have had 1500. Instead of my typical ~120 rank for a pure Galaxy, I was 270. People need to put in the effort and know what it takes to rank in the different events. We’ve all been there. And Galaxy events are the easiest to do enough to achieve a specific rank.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1508 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    But that's just it. All the captains that are expressing this frustration DO know what it usually takes to rank. And are putting that in and then some, and not getting the ranks this time.

With all due respect, most of the positive responses seem to be from players that ordinarily would skip and are competing (yes, exactly the issue I was addressing, the events being much more competitive), or have a ton of stockpiled resources that allow them to reach ranks the rest of us never dream of and are only minorly inconvenienced.

In other words, the 'haves' looks at the 'have nots' getting pushed out and saying 'Huh, well, that never happened to me, must not be a real issue.' :-) I'm glad that this feature brought a lot of interest to long-time and well-off players. Some of us still struggling up the ranks that don't have those resources and are ALSO really interested in the OE crew aren't able to get them as a result, is all I'm saying. With the setup as-is.
  • Options
    as someone who normally places very well in events will agree. Did not manage top 1500 i the first one, managed in the second, but dropped close to 600 positions from where I was and would normally have places. I did get the legendary for week 2 because I always by the pack on Wednesday for the new epic. and pulled the legendary in the 6 packs provided with the purchase. But I agree with Andrew. The free crew should not have been tied to the weekly legendary only with the new epic, that everyone who participates in the event will get.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I "finished" 1855, even being one of the ones who had issues the entire time.

I did not send a ticket in to "claim" the Maab. Considering that only 1,000 people "qualified" for the "compensation" that everyone should have received, and that literally would cost WRG the grand sum of ZERO DOLLARS, since it is just ones and zeros on a server I do not feel right begging for the copy of Maab.

BTW, that ZERO DOLLARS of ones and zeros would have paid off a fortune in GOOD WILL from the players.

Just an observation.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Top 750 was about 870k points this time so roughly similar to the Galaxy.

While I wouldn’t call myself a have, I agree with Andrew. I do stockpile materials and I do cherry pick events and so these 4 events have been more competitive. It would be interesting to see the numbers for the faction event and the rerun (I think) that comes after it but I won’t be aiming for top 750 in either.
  • Options
    edited February 6
    I'm almost certainly taking a break this weekend after 4 very competitive events. I've got no interest in Stonn, don't need him for the OE, so I think it's threshold and done for me. Not worth blowing any more resources on.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a business trip in a place with horrible reception. I'll be thresholding this next event, too.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the possibility to buy packs with the required legendaries you might have missed before this OE is over.
    I checked my progress yesterday and realized, that I'm missing Dak'Rah entirely. I thought, he would be the reward this week, but he was the reward in the event before this OE even started.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    I would like to see the possibility to buy packs with the required legendaries you might have missed before this OE is over.
    I checked my progress yesterday and realized, that I'm missing Dak'Rah entirely. I thought, he would be the reward this week, but he was the reward in the event before this OE even started.

Something with all the crew from the mega. It can go up for sale after the last event. Maybe even sell it for a discount. Let you recap the mega. Maybe even call it a recap pack.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn’t able to play the last event much with the last gold needed to complete the convergence event. I was hoping to get very lucky and get him in the pack this week but I spent my last bunch of dil on six pulls and got six straight seskas who I froze long ago. I did get a second Ilia probe on one of them which was nice. I’ll be able to fuse the thug twice and get a copy of Saru but rngsus just wasn’t smiling this go around to complete the gold set.
    I was lucky enough to have enough time to play and placed high enough to get a couple of Scorpion Tendis but this is extremely rare for me. Usually I don’t have time to get to 350,000 in the events. If there is a gold crew in the rewards I’ll play until I reach it and stop. I do enjoy the multiple events geared around a theme and the extra golds in the convergence event was a nice surprise. I only missed one of them but hopefully they all will show up in retrieval eventually. I’ve given up on trying to catch them all, just going to focus on the crew I like or portrayed by actors I enjoy watching.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    I never bothered with last week's/
    Same goes for next week -I probably won't even get Keiko
    I did pull a copy of Kodrak though. not sure if I will use a cite though
  • Options
    Looks like we won't getting the possibility to buy packs that contain missed legendaries to advance in this OE.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689 wrote: »
    Looks like we won't getting the possibility to buy packs that contain missed legendaries to advance in this OE.

The pack's currently available in the store.twsff0ykdnd3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 13
    RNG seems terrible in this pack, or maybe it's broken.... hard to tell for sure. I opened 24 packs for 9360 dilithium.

I got one pack with no event characters in it... no idea how that happened. I'm guessing there's at least one error in the pack to cause that to happen.
    I got 2 non-event legendaries, and around 10 non-event super-rares which, half of which were duplicates, which wasn't so bad.

My distribution of event drops in those 24 packs:
    Ulia: 0
    Migleemo: 0
    Steward Kyheem: 0
    Scorpion Tendi: 1
    Warship Yar: 2
    Vindica Mariner: 3
    Mr. Homn: 5
    Nausicaan Thug: 5
    Kazon Sesko: 8

My experience is far from scientific, but it still seems like it's a pretty poor distribution of cards. Did anybody do any better?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG seems terrible in this pack, or maybe it's broken.... hard to tell for sure. I opened 24 packs for 9360 dilithium.

I got one pack with no event characters in it... no idea how that happened. I'm guessing there's at least one error in the pack to cause that to happen.
    I got 2 non-event legendaries, and around 10 non-event super-rares which, half of which were duplicates, which wasn't so bad.

My experience is far from scientific, but it still seems like it's a pretty poor distribution of cards. Did anybody do any better?

Looks like you got 24 event crew in 24 packs.

Random clustering is how you'd expect a random draw to happen. An even distribution is what we think happens but is not how random numbers works. Without running the numbers, your pulls don't seem that out of line.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

I did worse. 30 pulls and only 1 mega legendary. 😅
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited February 13
    Random clustering is how you'd expect a random draw to happen. An even distribution is what we think happens but is not how random numbers works. Without running the numbers, your pulls don't seem that out of line.

Maybe, my main concern was with the pack where I got no event cards, it was just a regular super-rare behold. We've had broken packs before, which is why I was worried. I guess we'll see if more people start reporting similar issues.
  • Options

Maybe, my main concern was with the pack where I got no event cards, it was just a regular super-rare behold. We've had broken packs before, which is why I was worried. I guess we'll see if more people start reporting similar issues.

i had Dak'rah, Thug and Fascination Troi drop - don't think the packs are broken - but RNG & portal update = dilution