Home The Bridge
Options

2024 Convergence Day Object Event - Free 1/5 of each crew just for fusing the SRs in each mega

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 12 in The Bridge
So, checking this new OE, I can't help but notice the next two event Legendaries are on the list, and have missing rewards, presumably for the crew who are on the image...another broke OE?

Also, should these objectives be accurate, what the hell...

pdkv89apw11c.png
ts9icrgz14pp.png
ae6xuu4t1tds.png

Comments

• Options
    Greetings Captain, we are checking this issue at the moment. Thank you for reporting, LLAP
  • Options
    If they are giving a copy of a legendary from this Mega, we're talking. If it's just some equipment and 200 honor, people won't lose their sleep. Depends on what is exactly in these missing rewards.
  • Options
    So, the good news is you can get 1* of each crew just by fusing up the SR
    Ulis -> Captain Tuvok
    Homm -> T'Pol
    Migleemo -> Kashyk
    Nausicaan -> Saru
    But to get more stars, you'll need the event crew
    You only need to get each event crew, level them to 100 and fuse them once to get 3/5 crew

Which is...interesting
  • Options
    You only need to get each event crew, level them to 100 and fuse them once to get 3/5 crew

Wrong. You need to level them 100 times.
    Starting from level 1, you'll have to get them to level 101.
    (Unless you own a second copy, which you could level separately.)
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    @STT Community it seems like that's a second bug. The level objective should be level crew 99 times not 100. Leveling 100 times requires a second copy which is not how any of these level objectives have worked.

Looks like a small mistake, we will fix it asap. Thank you Captains! LLAP
  • Options

You are indeed correct, previous OE's have been to "level 90 times" so this is going to break. OR goto 750 kids...
  • Options
    Interesting that the route to COP Sisko copies is to work on Lwaxana. I assume there is a free copy of him on the way too...

I'll be intrigued to see what the other objectives do to participation. Will people try harder for top 1500 to be able to fuse, or will the fact that they can get at least one copy of the legendary just by getting the SR make it less necessary if you just want the card?

Also I'm relieved that the "complete all objectives" reward is just 200 honor, it signals quite nicely that this is meant to be pick and choose what you want to work on rather than go all out to get the really good reward.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12
    I hope this OE also comes with at least 10 free crew slots, since they’re forcing us to rank in the top-1500 for all 4 events of the mega and fill crew slots with multiple unfinished 5* crew that aren’t available in the portal (5 x 3/5 crew, 1 x 4/5 crew, and 4 x ?/5 crew depending on rank). I dislike these Trojan horse type “gifts” that are an obvious way to encourage spending, especially when they won't be achievable by most players without spending a lot of dilithium and/or cash.
  • Options
    So this is probably the best event we've had in years. Probably since the very first midweek event that gave us 5-10k dilithium. Much appreaciated Wicked Realms!!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have a second copy to Fuse, level it to Ten first. If you are using a Cite, then it is blocked by the "100" instead of "99" thing.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    @STT Community it seems like that's a second bug. The level objective should be level crew 99 times not 100. Leveling 100 times requires a second copy which is not how any of these level objectives have worked.

Looks like a small mistake, we will fix it asap. Thank you Captains! LLAP

Thank you!!!!!

🤠👍🤠👍🤠
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    This objective event has dropped after the current event has been going for a day.

I had only planned on getting 3/4 Kirks as I already had him at 1/4.

Things like this need to be announced before they affect how the game is played.
  • Options
    This objective event has dropped after the current event has been going for a day.

Things like this need to be announced before they affect how the game is played.

Is Farragut Kirk part of the OE? It is supposed to be OE Crew, which would start next week.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't even started the event yet because I was planning to just threshold-and-out, but now I need to rank top-1500 and/or spend dil on packs (not just on this event, but now on all 4 parts of the mega), to have any chance of fully finishing this OE. And the reward is stuffing my crew quarters with 10 new unfinished 5* crew, after blowing through resources and/or dilithium and/or cash. Ummm thanks? lol
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I haven't even started the event yet because I was planning to just threshold-and-out, but now I need to rank top-1500 and/or spend dil on packs (not just on this event, but now on all 4 parts of the mega), to have any chance of fully finishing this OE. And the reward is stuffing my crew quarters with 10 new unfinished 5* crew, after blowing through resources and/or dilithium and/or cash. Ummm thanks? lol

We are getting 1/5 Captain Tuvok for Fusing Ulis. I wouldn't mind him at 3/5, he would be useful, but having to compete to get those extra stars now seems a bit off.

I don't normally compete for rank in Skirmishes, so will have the same issue with T'Pol

I am uninterested in Kashyk or COP Sisko, but these are the ones I am most likely to get.
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to surprise people.

I'm looking at it positively. Just getting the 4 🌟 Crew gives you a Legendary. To get the the "extra" copies, yeah, you do need to go for the Legendaries in the Mega. So, really it is kind of "balanced". Even "casual" players can get a 1 🌟 copy. People who do the "extra" stuff gives you the 3 🌟 of the Legendary.

So, "accessible" for most players, but "rewards" for doing more.

The only issue is the Crew Slots being tight for a lot of people.
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to surprise people.

I'm looking at it positively. Just getting the 4 🌟 Crew gives you a Legendary. To get the the "extra" copies, yeah, you do need to go for the Legendaries in the Mega. So, really it is kind of "balanced". Even "casual" players can get a 1 🌟 copy. People who do the "extra" stuff gives you the 3 🌟 of the Legendary.

So, "accessible" for most players, but "rewards" for doing more.

The only issue is the Crew Slots being tight for a lot of people.

This is my reaction too. I like that this is a bit different than what we've seen, with some easy to get stuff and optional harder to get stuff that you really don't have to go for if you don't want to. I don't want to have to spend dil to get new crew slots if I want more of this optional stuff... but at least they timed this with a crew slot sale so credit to WRG for that.
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, in fact there was a small mistake so we are changing the lvl issue to 99 times instead of 100. Additionally, the missing rewards should be fixed with the next build being upload it (probably in a couple of hours). Thank You Captains!
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, in fact there was a small mistake so we are changing the lvl issue to 99 times instead of 100. Additionally, the missing rewards should be fixed with the next build being upload it (probably in a couple of hours). Thank You Captains!

Is the OE going to run long enough to allow people to draw Recap Packs for a chance at "missing" Legendaries?

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12

Is the OE going to run long enough to allow people to draw Recap Packs for a chance at "missing" Legendaries?

That's what I came here to ask. Previous events like this have run for 28 days, which means it will end at the same time the 4th event in the mega ends, immediately before the packs become available. Hopefully they give us at least a couple of extra days.

On the whole though, I'm really looking forward to this one.
  • Options
    Coolest event I've seen in a long time. Really looking forward to ALL the crew in the OE as well as the mega. Captain Tuvok and a new T'Pol are great additions... though Klingon Odo (Kothrak) is probably my most anticipated crew of the Mega.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Event looks good- only minor conplaint is the lack of decent eng/sci/med in these crew. A couple of non-primary skills only?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAE wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings. The idea of the convergence arc and convergence objective being joined is exciting. Definitely a welcome twist to the mundane tasks.

As voiced above, I too wonder about the length of the objective since the cards needed are 4 cumulative weeks of events. It seems an additional week would be prudent to allow for the recap pack and time to finish up any remaining cards.

While I do love the layout of the objective in theory, I am not a fan of 4 consecutive event ranking reward golds being a part of the requirements. I would suggest the threshold 4* super rares would have been a better choice.

Wouldn’t have the slightest interest if it was the threshold super rares. Legendary crew is the way to go. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    DAE wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings. The idea of the convergence arc and convergence objective being joined is exciting. Definitely a welcome twist to the mundane tasks.

As voiced above, I too wonder about the length of the objective since the cards needed are 4 cumulative weeks of events. It seems an additional week would be prudent to allow for the recap pack and time to finish up any remaining cards.

While I do love the layout of the objective in theory, I am not a fan of 4 consecutive event ranking reward golds being a part of the requirements. I would suggest the threshold 4* super rares would have been a better choice.

Most people probably would have even less interest in fusing/leveling a Crew they already have.

And most of the existing Crew probably a lot of people do have Immortalized already. The newest is Mariner, and she is old enough to be in the Portal.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Every time there's an event with rewards that are less straightforward to achieve there's always somebody with the same complaint. "This event would be so much better if I didn't have to do anything to get the rewards".

It's like everything else in life, you have to balance the rewards against the effort required to achieve them. If you don't think they're worth the effort, don't go for it. That's your decision to make. But complaining that they should require less effort isn't going to get anybody anywhere.

You’re missing, or deliberately ignoring, the point people have been making. It’s not about requiring effort, but rather specifically about the linkage between the OE and four straight events. Regardless of effort level, only 1500 people will be able to progress in the OE after each of the four events of the mega without spending. In fact, it is the exact opposite of effort that is required, due to this deliberate limitation that forces spending (dil and/or cash) to complete the OE for the vast majority of players.

The entire source of the frustration being voiced in this thread is that the effort you speak of will have little bearing on the achievability of the OE for likely all but a few hundred of the top tier players. That is terrible for engagement and enjoyability, but is sure to increase sales incrementally, which is the true point of this OE.

They may as well have just added these crew to an expanded rank reward table for this mega, since that’s really what this OE is based on, as opposed to individual or collective effort.
  • Options
    edited January 14
    Yeah, it restricts how many people can get the "extra" copies of Legendaries.

However, most everyone, unless they literally start this week, should be able to get at least one copy of each FREE Legendary. Two of the weeks, the whole player-base is going to earn everyone one copy of the needed SuperRare to fuse. That leaves making what, 6,500 VXP, to get the other copy to Fuse?

Usually, "giveaways" are ONE copy of a Legendary in the Portal. This is basically FOUR Legendaries for not much effort in the Events.

Get more for doing more? That's almost how most of the real world works.....

One of the Legendaries has SEVEN Collections as it stands. Another has SIX, two Rolls with unboosted maxes that are 600+, and a RAFT of Traits for possible Gauntlet Crit Bonuses. Also, both are probably gonna help, at 1 🌟/level one/nothing equipped, to solve a lot of Nodes because of all those Traits.

Just a few weeks ago, I stated the factual information that one of the new SuperRares was a Ranked Reward in a Hybrid Event,with most people not being able to use her in the Faction half, where she would be most useful, unless they got lucky {I did} and hit her in the Event Pack, or she showed up on their Dabo and they happened to land on her, or spent buckets of Dilithium re-spinning. And I got a reaction like I had said "Babies are delicious." For stating facts.

The CURRENT Event, TWO of the "existing Crew" are ONLY "existing" because SOME players received them as compensation because of a mistake WRG made. Or, again, some happened to get them from Dabo. Not nearly everyone had definite access to them ahead of time.

The company has an obligation to the employees and to the shareholders to make SOME cashy folding money 💰. If they do not, the game goes away.

No one wants that, do they?