Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Imperial Decree - 12/14

Comments

• Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on the poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

Yeah...Mirror Picard was one thing, since he was the "special" crew, but if every event is going to have a non-canon mirror character...well it's not the influx of well-loved and much-asked-for mirror characters we were expecting.

If this event ends with no Mirror Mayweather, I will be extremely disappointed.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on the poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

+1000 Or at least advertised it as an STT/IDW event.
    Fleet Admiral - Edmonton Trekkies [ET] | Squadron Leader - 1701'ers
    Join us! We have cheesecake!! | Fleet Central Information
  • Options

Unless DB is getting paid handsomely by IDW to cross-promote their comic, I can't imagine who thought it would be a good idea to feature the characters from that book in this event instead of:

Marlena Moreau, Sulu, Scotty, McCoy, Chekov, Kyle

Bareil, Brunt, Leeta, Nog, Odo, Quark, Rom (plus Tuvok if we're counting cameos)

Forrest, Mayweather, Soval

I'm sure we may see a couple of these folks trickle in as secondary event crew, but still, this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Rom, Quark, Brunt and Leeta should be givens, since they're so underrepresented in the game already. Also, slightly off-topic (and at the risk of giving DB ideas), I'm just now realizing how strange it is that we never got a Mirror Dukat.
  • Options
    But DB don't get to choose who is released. CBS tell DB who they're releasing when DB come up with an event. Think of it like:

"Hi CBS, DB here, we want to do a mirror mega event, is that ok sirs?"
    "Hi... what was your name again? Oh nevermind DC you're into comics right? Use this one."
    "Erm... that's not what we had in mind"
    Click. Brrrrrrrrr.
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    But DB don't get to choose who is released. CBS tell DB who they're releasing when DB come up with an event. Think of it like:

"Hi... what was your name again? Oh nevermind DC you're into comics right? Use this one."
    Click. Brrrrrrrrr.

Yeah I could see DB being treated that way... kinda like how they treated fans with the STD
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Mirror Rom, Quark, Brunt and Leeta should be givens, since they're so underrepresented in the game already. Also, slightly off-topic (and at the risk of giving DB ideas), I'm just now realizing how strange it is that we never got a Mirror Dukat.

We did get 50's human Dukat in the Benny Russell stories. So that's something?

Besides, Mirror Dukat would have been a bit unnecessary. Mirror Garak was great because it was Garak being more of the "standard", antagonistic Cardassian, and we already had Kira (and Odo, and Worf and others) fulfilling the "good character is now evil" stuff, and we had all the freedom-fighter Ferengi as another role reversal. Mirror Dukat would have been either himself with a KCA badge, or a KCA rebel. And there just wasn't really room for another rebel.

And apparently I felt a need to write an entire paragraph explaining why Mirror Dukat was unnecessary. Sorry about that.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Click. Brrrrrrrrr.

Source? DB has a licence, they are not a contractor. Unless you have different details, DB gets to pick what they do and then gets approval from CBS.

If there is a cross promotional deal that's maybe different, but we haven't seen any indication of that being official in this case.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking a little more, we all suspect DB is struggling financially based on the layoffs. If IDW wants to promote their comics, I could see IDW approaching DB and asking them to add comic characters in a cross promotion. DB looking for any opportunity to squeeze extra money from the game gladly says yes and that's where we are. This was not an event because fans wanted mirror universe, this was an event because DB wanted to be paid to promote IDW.

Now the question is what Star Trek licence will pay DB next for a promotion?
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Thinking a little more, we all suspect DB is struggling financially based on the layoffs. If IDW wants to promote their comics, I could see IDW approaching DB and asking them to add comic characters in a cross promotion. DB looking for any opportunity to squeeze extra money from the game gladly says yes and that's where we are. This was not an event because fans wanted mirror universe, this was an event because DB wanted to be paid to promote IDW.

Now the question is what Star Trek licence will pay DB next for a promotion?

This is extra silly because for MONTHS on here we've been begging DB to let us buy the packs/promotions we want, instead of that targeted offer nonsense. They could have had a lot more in the bank right now if they'd made better sales decisions.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides, Mirror Dukat would have been a bit unnecessary. Mirror Garak was great because it was Garak being more of the "standard", antagonistic Cardassian, and we already had Kira (and Odo, and Worf and others) fulfilling the "good character is now evil" stuff, and we had all the freedom-fighter Ferengi as another role reversal. Mirror Dukat would have been either himself with a KCA badge, or a KCA rebel. And there just wasn't really room for another rebel.

And apparently I felt a need to write an entire paragraph explaining why Mirror Dukat was unnecessary. Sorry about that.

I think Rom even jokes in his fourth-wall breaking discussion about the Mirror Universe that Dukat is probably the President of the Federation.
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Stoked for this (depending card quality). Hoping for more 4* Datas in the future though.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Time to start levelling the Mirror Tucker I got in the 10x premium pull as a reward from this event!

I got one too! Is this widespread?
  • Options

I think Rom even jokes in his fourth-wall breaking discussion about the Mirror Universe that Dukat is probably the President of the Federation.

Oh my god I forgot about Rom's whole speech on the Mirror Universe...just remembering it makes me laugh.

I miss Rom.

I don't 100% remember him saying that, but I do believe that's something he'd say! :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Looking forward to mirror Vic, being disappointed that there will be another non canon character and fearing that more will follow.

The only thing that could make this mega event even worse would be a Mirror Janeway...
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to mirror Vic, being disappointed that there will be another non canon character and fearing that more will follow.

The only thing that could make this mega event even worse would be a Mirror Janeway...

Yea if they pulled a stunt like Mirror Janeway I'd probably call it quits on spending.
  • Options

What, no Assimilated Data for you? ^.^ Mirror Vic at least is DS9.

Who are you hoping for in the last events? I'd like a Mirror Sulu, Mirror Brunt, Mirror Rom, and to FF Mirror Garak.

Please no Mirror Janeway.
  • Options
    Tasker wrote: »
    So much hate. I'm enjoying the comic and loving this event. And while I hope they don't use that particular rendering of Data, I do hope they have him with his Borg parts.

Which he is in full control of in the comics. They didn't assimilate him. He assimilated them. That's bad-a.

Data assimilated the Borg? Seriously?

That actually is pretty awesome. It may be non-canon, and I still wish we were getting some Mirror Ferengi, but I'm kind of onboard with this now.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    TaskerTasker ✭✭✭
    Tasker wrote: »
    So much hate. I'm enjoying the comic and loving this event. And while I hope they don't use that particular rendering of Data, I do hope they have him with his Borg parts.

Which he is in full control of in the comics. They didn't assimilate him. He assimilated them. That's bad-a.

Data assimilated the Borg? Seriously?

That actually is pretty awesome. It may be non-canon, and I still wish we were getting some Mirror Ferengi, but I'm kind of onboard with this now.

Well, not the whole Borg empire. But he seems to be in full control of his arm and eye pieces and swaps them out at will.
  • Options
    For the love of all that is holy, if they end up doing a Mirror Janeway ... They've already let most people down with this comics noncanon stuff. If they start throwing out straight nonsense like that, I will be at a literal loss for words.

It's kind of a classic DB thing at this point, though. We fill out a form saying, yes, we'd be really excited to eat more fruit. And DB comes out, "GREAT NEWS GUYS! We heard your feedback! We are so excited to give everyone tomatoes!" Technically correct, and yet so very, very wrong on the execution.

Don't worry, if they add her, I am sure she'll be Captain Picard's wife, or even better, he will be her playmate, since she will outrank him (if they go with the whole Captain Picard/Admiral janeway canon option in mind) :P
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope_F wrote: »
    At least an ENG (although a pretty bad one and only 2-skill crew). Like Sato probably one of the weakest mirror crew already out there.
    I like the Vic character in DS9, but I don't think he is really that iconic as a mirror crew.

I highly doubt we will see Mirrow Phlox anywhere during the mega events, only weak existing crew.

Sato was actually my highest DIP for a long time. She was my first level 100. I wouldn't say she's the weakest mirror crew by far, she at least musters past 700 on her primary stat. How the Mirror Crew rank so far by their highest base stat FF/FE at 100, ** (X) means they pass 700 with starbases at X level room...
    1. Mirror Reed - SEC 1215
    2. Mirror Bashir - SEC 1101
    3. Mirror Regent Worf - SEC 1062
    4. Mirror Intendant Kira - SEC 1052
    5. Mirror Jean-Luc Picard - COM 1042
    6. Mirror Spock - SCI 1032
    7. Mirror Kirk - COM 1020
    8. Mirror T'Pol - SCI 1018
    9. Mirror Jadzia Dax - SEC 958
    10. Mirror Phlox - MED 802
    11. Mirror Empress Sato - DIP 716
    12. Mirror Tucker - ENG 698** (1)
    13. Mirror K'Ehleyr - SEC 672** (5)
    14. Mirror Jennifer Sisko - SCI 663** (6)
    15. Mirror Uhura - DIP 647
    16. Mirror Archer - COM 633
    17. Mirror Garak - DIP 619
    18. Mirror Ezri Tigan - DIP 591
    19. Mirror Sisko - SEC 582
    20. Mirror "Smiley" O'Brien - ENG 545
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

Yea if they pulled a stunt like Mirror Janeway I'd probably call it quits on spending.

Now i'm looking forward to Mirror Janeway. Bluffs will be called.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I wonder if it would be a better idea to level Mirror Picard or Emotion Chip Data for this?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Clanof wrote: »
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on qthe poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

Speak for yourself. I love the idea of Mirror Picard and Data. Haven't read the comic, mostly because I didn't know it existed, kind of want to now.

Exactly this. I support DB trying out stuff like this. Only problem I have is the low-level art on Reed and Dax.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I wonder if it would be a better idea to level Mirror Picard or Emotion Chip Data for this?
    Mirror Picard. Emo Data will be "bonus crew", but the Mega-Event 5* gets full "Event Crew" bonuses for every event. Unless your Data has way better stats than Picard. (Like if you haven't fused him far yet.)

Edit: You can actually do the math on that by the way. You can check the wiki for their top-leveled stats. Picard will get X3 and your Data will get X2, so you can compare which you think would be more useful. Don't forget though the shuttle boosts also take into account the multiplier, so even with lower stats you may come out ahead with Picard when boosted.
    But plan "C" makes the most sense...level them both as it's a shuttle event and you'll probably use them!