Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Imperial Decree - 12/14

Comments

• Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    Clanof wrote: »
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on qthe poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

Speak for yourself. I love the idea of Mirror Picard and Data. Haven't read the comic, mostly because I didn't know it existed, kind of want to now.

Exactly this. I support DB trying out stuff like this. Only problem I have is the low-level art on Reed and Dax.

True, the art is definitely subpar, but it has been for awhile. I really do hope they fix it. At least Picard wasn't bad, hopefully we get at least something similar for Data.
  • Options
    Wouldn't a mirror Data just be essentially Lore?
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    So should I start leveling Detective Data, North Star Tucker and Vic Fontaine now and then make a drama laden post after DB announces that regular Data, Tucker and Vic don't count?

Hehe I think you’re safe. Other Picard will still be excluded though.

Mirror characters aren’t just like evil twins - they are the same people just living in a more brutal universe - and i guess it’s a commentary that everyone has the capacity to become evil. Not all do of course, a number of the mirror characters in ds9 were on balance good people, and in tos Kirk says something along the lines of “Spock - you’re an honourable man in either universem

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Siblin wrote: »
    Mirror characters aren’t just like evil twins - they are the same people ...

Right. So Mirror Data still can't cannot use contractions.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    This is do disappointing. What's wrong with the real mirror characters? We don't need a bastardized fake Data that has nothing to do with Star Trek when there are so many real characters to choose from.
  • Options
    This is basically fan fiction making it's way into DB "canon", where does the line stop? What else is coming our way? At what point does this become ridiculous? Can't wait for Mirror Wesley :D:wink:
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! I was hoping for mirror vic. It was so cool that he was real in the mirror universe and likely why his holographic self was so real. Makes me think there would also be a real person Mirror Moriarty.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on the poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

I'm enthusiastic enough about the Mirror Universe that I'm still into it, but yeah, the TNG stuff does detract from that enthusiasm. My problem isn't that they're non-canon. It's that this specific non-canon idea strikes me as, frankly, stupid. It struck me as stupid when I saw the comic promoted, and it doesn't strike me as any less stupid here in Timelines. There are plenty of ways that Mirror TNG could have been done that would have knocked my socks off. This ain't one of 'em.

That said, I know there are players who read and loved those comics, and I'm glad they get to have those personae in the game. I got my Niners and Arex, and I remember vividly fighting over their right to exist. It **tsk tsk** to be made to feel defensive about something you dig.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    This is basically fan fiction making it's way into DB "canon", where does the line stop? What else is coming our way? At what point does this become ridiculous? Can't wait for Mirror Wesley :D:wink:

We passed that point when they made a non-Star Trek character the event 5*.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are many canon personae that have yet to be released, I enjoy the TNG versions and would not mind VOY versions. I don't mind if DB comes up with their own or partners with IDW...if the goal was to promote the comic then it worked...I am certainly interested in checking them out.

But I want to see Mirrors Sulu, Tuvok, Quark & Odo before Mirrors Riker and Wesley.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Mirror Brunt would be cool
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on the poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.
    I dont mind some tng and voyager mirror universe storylines and crew. TNG and Voyager never had mirror universe eps and should have. As long as we get the other mirror trek thrown in with storylines from tos, ds9 and ent I will be happy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Grant77 wrote: »

That's a bit unfair. It's not like anyone is playing this game for its storyline anyway. I don't even read it most of the time. But a comic series is not "fan fiction". It's at minimum licensed content so it was approved by the content owners.

This is a game. In case you haven't noticed, the very premise the game is built around isn't "canon trek". It doesn't hurt anything to mix it up and not have every card represent something that happened in a show. I just don't get what the problem is here. I really believe some of you just enjoy being turds in the punchbowl every week.

Please get over yourselves and quit acting so entitled. You don't speak for the fanbase or everyone playing the game. So please stop speaking as if you do.
  • Options
    Mirror Tucker is good. He will help with a crew poor in engineering, which will probably be most newer players. That's if he's threshold, of course.

The only other crew I'd like to see is Mirror Troi, actually anyone with a med primary would be a blessing. Again, it would be great if they are achievable. A 5* Mirror Troi would be taking the piss.

Good to see a few Enterprise crew making an appearance. Thanks DB!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the characters from the comics. I haven't read them, and likely won't. But I do like new characters and variety in the characters.

I do,however, think it's patently ridiculous that the entire ship has 22" guns and midriffs or cocktail dresses.
  • Options
    Looking forward to mirror Vic, being disappointed that there will be another non canon character and fearing that more will follow.

When I first saw that they were bringing "Gunshow" Picard from the IDW comics as the recurring crew for this event, I automatically assumed that each week we'd get another IDW character. So brace yourself for Beefy Riker.
  • Options
    I was really excited about the mirror event. Somehow it’s not really pulling me in the way I thought it would.

I think back to the poll about what would make a player quit. I’m not there yet but they definitely converted me back to a monthly card player from around $50/month.

I like the reruns. I like a slower pace for the roll out of characters. At least it’s not 3 new every week. I like more types of events.

Given the non cannon cards, extended galaxy, and bad artwork I might even go f2p. I can rank high without the money at this point.
  • Options
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    I was really excited about the mirror event. Somehow it’s not really pulling me in the way I thought it would.

I think back to the poll about what would make a player quit. I’m not there yet but they definitely converted me back to a monthly card player from around $50/month.

I like the reruns. I like a slower pace for the roll out of characters. At least it’s not 3 new every week. I like more types of events.

Given the non cannon cards, extended galaxy, and bad artwork I might even go f2p. I can rank high without the money at this point.

See I'm the opposite. All the changes have made me a $50-$100 a month player when I used to only buy daily cards and 10 for 10 deals. I think the game has really improved recently from when I first started playing. I say the more cards introduced the better. I don't feel like I have to have every card fully fused as soon as it comes out. If other people have cards I don't have yet, I'm ok with that.

So everyone has their preferences. I just think recently DB has been hitting homers. As far as I'm concerned I'm a very satisfied player.
  • Options
    TcalTcal ✭✭✭

Worry not, we still have a chance for Mirror Janeway 🤣
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Nicole K wrote: »

That's a bit unfair. It's not like anyone is playing this game for its storyline anyway. I don't even read it most of the time. But a comic series is not "fan fiction". It's at minimum licensed content so it was approved by the content owners.

This is a game. In case you haven't noticed, the very premise the game is built around isn't "canon trek". It doesn't hurt anything to mix it up and not have every card represent something that happened in a show. I just don't get what the problem is here. I really believe some of you just enjoy being turds in the punchbowl every week.

Please get over yourselves and quit acting so entitled. You don't speak for the fanbase or everyone playing the game. So please stop speaking as if you do.

Someone who doesn't agree with you is entitled? Learn the definitions of words before you use them. I think that a Star Trek game should be limited to Star Trek characters, especially the ones that are somewhat forced on to people as requirements to succeed in the mega event. It's a perfectly reasonable thought. If you want characters that aren't Star Trek then so be it. I'm not going to criticize you for liking a comic book that some guy made with characters resembling those in real Star Trek. It's just not for me.
  • Options
    Bring on more mirror TNG, loving it!
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Much more excited by a "fake" mirror Data then by a real Mirror Mayweather. There aren't many crew outside of missing TOS mirror characters I'd like to see added. I wouldn't appose them just not excited. However I did enjoy the comics and since TNG is my favorite series it was nice to see an imagining of those characters set in the mirror universe. Also glad they made it into this game.

I think I’m with you, though for me that’s much more about how wooden I found the ENT characters. Even the theme music and birth of America stock footage set you up for disappointment (at least for me as a Brit). I still haven’t made it through the series late enough to get to the mirror episodes as I keep getting bored and watching something else instead.

That said I think I’m in a minority who thinks DSC is fantastic, mainly because of how interesting the characters are. Think some people are just disappointed it doesn’t follow the same formula as the previous series

• Options
    Nicole KNicole K ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Nicole K wrote: »

Someone who doesn't agree with you is entitled? Learn the definitions of words before you use them. I think that a Star Trek game should be limited to Star Trek characters, especially the ones that are somewhat forced on to people as requirements to succeed in the mega event. It's a perfectly reasonable thought. If you want characters that aren't Star Trek then so be it. I'm not going to criticize you for liking a comic book that some guy made with characters resembling those in real Star Trek. It's just not for me.

Deciding that you are the arbiter of what counts as real or not real star trek strikes as the very definition of entitled. While I quoted you, my comments could be applied in general to those who keep saying that this isn't what "we" (that's speaking for the playing community) wanted. I don't remember voting for any of you to be our spokesperson, so all I am saying is speak for yourself. I am very satisfied with the content of this event and honestly don't care where the card source material came from. We're talking about a fictional show. The whole thing is pretend and imaginary.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    qz20a8yi52tl.jpg

I'm hoping Mirror Data's artwork is better than this 😳

Can't work out if that's Brent Spiner or a young Christopher Walken.

Where did this pic come from out of idle interest?
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Antasil wrote: »
    Clanof wrote: »
    So, DB... When we gave feedback that we wanted a mirror mega event, it did not mean that we wanted a TNG tie-in comic event. That should've been a separate option on qthe poll. If I had known we'd be getting this ish, I would've voted dominion.

Speak for yourself. I love the idea of Mirror Picard and Data. Haven't read the comic, mostly because I didn't know it existed, kind of want to now.

Exactly this. I support DB trying out stuff like this. Only problem I have is the low-level art on Reed and Dax.

Agree. I'm potentially interested in non-canon crew, but the low-level art will prevent me from spending dil on an event pack even if I don't have any of the crew.

Next week though I already have Tucker FF so won't be buying a pack again even if quality art unless DB makes it into a behold featuring event and non-event crew, especially if we switch to non-FF beholds.

*Can Jazz Musician Riker be the ranked 3*?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay Mirror Vic!

Looks like I should start levelling the Mirror Trip I have parked...

People were suggesting him as soon as the Mega Event was suggested.

Glad they were heard.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."