Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Imperial Decree - 12/14

Comments

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this event ends with no Mirror Mayweather, I will be extremely disappointed.

That makes two of us.

If there IS a mayweather I will be extremely disappointed. I will also be disappointed when a Mirror Janeway gets illogically shoehorned in.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, my hopes are that the DS9 and ENT touchstones have been hit and that there will also be TOS representation which would be a very good time for DB to hit another character who's never been featured in any event --- Scotty. (though Sato is existing, this was her very first time as Event crew for the onset of the mega. A very important milestone for the character and ENT in general in the game)

DS9 being my personal favorite I won't turn more from others down, but it would be nice for this mega to really be mega with pieces from all across the franchise.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes two of us.

If there IS a mayweather I will be extremely disappointed. I will also be disappointed when a Mirror Janeway gets illogically shoehorned in.

What's the reason you wouldn't want a mirror Mayweather? He was pretty badass in that alternate universe
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes two of us.

I don't understand...you know Mirror Mayweather is canon and appeared in the show right?

And he was awesome.

Do you just not like Enterprise Mirror Universe characters?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes two of us.

I don't understand...you know Mirror Mayweather is canon and appeared in the show right?

And he was awesome.

Do you just not like Enterprise Mirror Universe characters?

I really don't remember Mayweather too well from the ENT Mirrors. I just don't like Mayweather. Lots of reasons, but in short a weak character that wasn't specifically important and was easily replaceable.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the original post with the following:

Event Factions: Terran Empire, Klingon-Cardassian Empire, Ferengi Alliance
    Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of Data, variants of Vic Fontaine, variants of Tucker, and all Mirror crew. Picard variants will NOT provide a bonus
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no they are using the worst version of data.... So many other great pictures to use for him and they picked that one :(
  • Options
    UnkieB wrote: »
    2mi5x9z56gkp.jpg

Where did those come from?

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »
    2mi5x9z56gkp.jpg

Where did those come from?

The avatar selection screen in game. A server patch just hit which adds these two to the vault and their portraits to the selection screen.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    vf8idvotod4y.png

Looking at the new data in the Dabo screen :-)
  • Options
    Ooooh... Christopher Walken Data! Nice! :) I want him... even though they did use the weirdest art.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he's going to have ridic ENG proficiency
  • Options
    That art is actually pretty badass. I'll give my best shot in trying to get him, but it's unlikely.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I just don't get why they wouldn't wait until at least tomorrow to include him in anyone's Dabo jackpot. That's insane. Also I vote silly on the art.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There issue was not waiting on the server push (it happened 15 minutes before dabo) where they added him to the vault until after the dabo reset today, they should try not to let anyone have him until they put the event packs up.
  • Options
    I don t like his art as well, but Mirror LaForge would have been even worse. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don t like his art as well, but Mirror LaForge would have been even worse. :D

Next week. ;)
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Horrific art and is not Star Trek. Please don't add to the pain by making him necessary in gauntlet.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    His level 1 engineering proficiency matches Mirror Picard's command proficiency. Welcome to your future, a wall of these Datas.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Please don't flag posts as spam when they are completely on topic and you simply disagree with the content. That's childish.
  • Options
    are lore and lal considered variants of data?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    are lore and lal considered variants of data?

Nope. They are different characters
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Eeek that art is pretty terrible. They really used the worst picture of him they could find.
  • Options

That makes two of us.

Alright, then I hope you get extremely disappointed. LOL!
    "
    Join TFA II now.
  • Options
    Mirror Picard art, yay !
    Mirror Jadzia, .. not bad !
    Mirror Reed... Ehh.. looks like Reed got transport blended with a Vulcan mouse.

Mirror Data..
    (Whom I was really digging the idea of..)

(Makes farting noise)
    Disappointing.

I'd even be cool if it didn't even look like Brent Spinner in the least.. it you.. data'ed up John Laraquet or some random guy in your office as long as the art looked good.. but on so many levels that is just beneath the lowest levels of quality that has ever been put out by DB before.

I'd rather have potato Head Martok.
    At least I can just say in my brain he's a mislabeled Klingon Odo.

And I know I don't have to play the event or keep him if I won him.. but I want his stats so I'm going to. - winning him doesn't mean endorsing this quality down shift and silence won't change anything.

That Vic, if pictured above is what's happening..
    I may space him. Will update when the official art hits Twitter later.

DB: constructive advice..
    Hire @ bosslogic on Twitter.
    No one will ever complain about anything he comes up with. I'm an artist myself but I bow to his throne of awesomeness.
  • Options
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Another legendary Data.
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I just think it's crossing the line when characters like Mirror Picard and Assimilated La Forge are kind of forced onto the player base due to their huge stats and/or multiple stars. I'd prefer that they were not essential to success in the game. Many of us don't want that and it ruins the game experience considerably.

They are not essential to success in the game. I don't have Assimilated La Forge. My Picard is at level 1. My success is unaffected.

There is no endgame here and success in events is weekly. So not having a certain crew cannot effect you more than one week at most and its doubtful it will even do that. Not having this crew may effect you ability to get more fake crew. So why do you care? As for future events there are 5-10 other Picards in the game that will give the same bonus in future events.

This is complaining just for the sake of complaining. Skipping this crew will have zero effect on your long term "success" in this game.

Maybe you are loaded with immortal 5*s and it doesn't matter to you, but you don't speak for the F2P/monthly card base. The top engineering character in the game means a lot to me in the gauntlet. Another 4/5 character also means a ton to me in every aspect of the game.

Nope. I AM monthly card player. (Regardless I don't speak for anyone, but myself. Neither do you) I have been grinding for close to 2 years and I only have 4 immortal 5*. Mostly due to Mega events and citations. Protip: you don't need the top character in any stat to progress in the game not even gauntlet. There is a counter for everything. I didn't even buy Kahless I regularly beat him with Gowron. Run an experiment. Put your top stat on shuttle. Then the next best. See how far you can go down before it actually makes any difference. Your 1st vs. your 3rd will be like 1-2% difference in success. Diplomacy is my favorite. Every few weeks a new tops in dilplomacy comes out. Why would I chase a character I don't want just for the top stat when they will only be the top stat for month.

I usually just airlock the character I don't like regardless of stats. What is your connection to Dolim, Gegen, Tash, Garlik, Durr, Fesek, Kelby, Unit 3947, Kurros or any of the dozens of canon characters that went flying out my airlock?

We cannot collect every character in the game.

Advice from my old fleet leader: Skip a **** or two.