Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Imperial Decree - 12/14

Comments

• arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    Wow all those muscles and implants and he’s gonna be a pushover in the gauntlet arena. Crossing my fingers for mirror Naomi Wildman next time!

She and Flotter can't skip arms day though.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant77 wrote: »
    I'll still be playing for top 1000, simply as a public service, to rid the game of another Fake Data. Thank you DB for at least ensuring that I will rarely see this abomination in gauntlet.

So, you do not want him, just wanna keep someone else from getting him? {If I understand your post?}

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • We really need to chill. Since Mirror Data is a non-canon, comic book character, it is up to the players to decide to which extent are they willining to stretch themselves in order to get him. It has already been made abundantly clear, that he won't be essential for the gauntlet, nor he's the best one around. People who dislike the event can boycott it - just like I did with the previous one, due to the absolutely outrageous interpretation of Funny Nose Reed. I played until 55k VP and quit. Do the same - grab your Picard, GG out, and have fun with your friends and family. I am a fervent supporter of the fact that the best way to show support is with your wallet. It has to be said, that DB gives us plenty of freebies, more than most mobile games I have played. I may not have played the right ones. I just do not have enough info.

I, for one, don't terribly mind the mirror TNG characters. After Althea's post about the TNG comic and how it ties into the mirror universe, I am sold on it - and by sold I mean that I am willing to roll with it, not throw cash at it.

I also agree that the art has been mediocre at best. What is worse, even the EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT pictures are a clear testament to it.

Still, STT remains a game that keeps people invested in it, week after week. This means that they are doing something right. Let's be frank, if they are not, they will have the same huge exodus that other mobile games had after a certain period of time. I am certain that they are more than aware of that fact.
  • Davey1983 wrote: »
    Wow. All this over a simple joke? I am trying to see the connection between what was said and this epic, hilarious, and unhinged rant.

Black pebble, please know that most of us appreciate humor, and please do not stop over a couple of individuals who, like Data, do not get humor.

So because I agree with Principia's and Data's comments, I don't get humour? (why then this?)

It's not just a "couple" individuals. A bunch of "awesomes" on Principia's comment disappeared, including mine and I never removed it; I had to put it back. Noticed this (bug?) in the forums.

Instead of ridiculing people and assuming that because they don't appreciate specific jokes they don't "get" humour (and therefore their views are not valid as your own) -- try to disagree without going after them personally.

This specific type of joke is a classic easy method of writing off points without actually having to deal with them, while armouring yourself against further challenge because "it's a joke".

But in my mind, making something into a joke doesn't close a case and immunize your position. It doesn't make other points invalid, or that whoever disagrees is less of a fun cool-kid.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    It isn't exactly canon for the Borg Queen, Kirk and Chef Neelix to all hop into a shuttle together and do the Romulan's Empire's dirty work for them, but somehow we're all willing to suspend our disbelief in those circumstances. This whole game is based around a premise which is distinctly none canon.
    I think you just missed that episode. It's called Iron Chef, Balance of Assimilation.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silly question, but it's been a long time since I watched Enterprise...why does Mirror Trip look like 30 years older than he normally is? Was there a time thing in addition to the switched universe?
  • Magisse wrote: »
    Silly question, but it's been a long time since I watched Enterprise...why does Mirror Trip look like 30 years older than he normally is? Was there a time thing in addition to the switched universe?

Radiation exposure.
    No spiders near by. Lol

I believe he suffered radiation burns/poisoning
    We really need to chill. Since Mirror Data is a non-canon, comic book character, it is up to the players to decide to which extent are they willining to stretch themselves in order to get him. It has already been made abundantly clear, that he won't be essential for the gauntlet, nor he's the best one around. People who dislike the event can boycott it - just like I did with the previous one, due to the absolutely outrageous interpretation of Funny Nose Reed. I played until 55k VP and quit. Do the same - grab your Picard, GG out, and have fun with your friends and family. I am a fervent supporter of the fact that the best way to show support is with your wallet. It has to be said, that DB gives us plenty of freebies, more than most mobile games I have played. I may not have played the right ones. I just do not have enough info.

I, for one, don't terribly mind the mirror TNG characters. After Althea's post about the TNG comic and how it ties into the mirror universe, I am sold on it - and by sold I mean that I am willing to roll with it, not throw cash at it.

I also agree that the art has been mediocre at best. What is worse, even the EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT pictures are a clear testament to it.

Still, STT remains a game that keeps people invested in it, week after week. This means that they are doing something right. Let's be frank, if they are not, they will have the same huge exodus that other mobile games had after a certain period of time. I am certain that they are more than aware of that fact.

Trust me, DB is down right GENEROUS compared to some games I play right now. {And one that I played faithfully right until they said the game was not going anywhere, then announced its shutdown a WEEK later.

I can think of a game right now that has for its Event a monthly thing called a "Raid". Their preferred strategy right now is to sell Fleets of ships that are "recommended" for the middle Tier Targets, but can AT MOST do ONE SET of Targets before needing to be Repaired.....

DB is pretty good about stuff. I remember a time when our "compensation" for an issue was THREE THOUSAND CHRONITONS and it was like a day before a Galaxy Event.....

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Magisse wrote: »

This. The Empire was not too concerned with anyone's health. The Engineering bay had no Radiation shielding around the drive......
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll still be playing for top 1000, simply as a public service, to rid the game of another Fake Data. Thank you DB for at least ensuring that I will rarely see this abomination in gauntlet.

So, you do not want him, just wanna keep someone else from getting him? {If I understand your post?}

Scott

That's correct.
  • From the DB Art Studio:

shhgal8tm8dk.gif

I will always "Awesome" Bob Ross. And quote too so we can see him again.

Although if Mirror Data appeared on Bob's pre-stretched and primed canvas, covered of course with a thin coat of liquid white, well I know Bob would turn Data into a happy little tree and then beat the devil out of his brush.

Scott

That's correct.

That kind of makes you sound like something we probably can't say on the Forums......

Scott

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vic Fontaine is Han Solo.

www.j4jacket.com/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1000x1320/4c546961d68144d004eacac66e6965a6/t/f/tfa_han_solo_render.png
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭

Scott

That's correct.

That kind of makes you sound like something we probably can't say on the Forums......

Scott

Perhaps, but one less Fake Data in the game is a positive for me. I'll be going to Vic anyways, so it's no stretch to get top 1000.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fake Data

All Datas are fake. Just saying.
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    Here are some unfused stats:

Mirror Data 
FE 1/5 level 100
    ENG 751 (163-367)
    SEC 519 (143-292)
    SCI 373 (45-121)

Mirror Vic Fontaine
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 255 (180-379)
    SEC 614 (142-312)

Shan, you comms in the Starfleet Communications board states the following in the title:

"Faction Event Notes Imperial Decree and trait addition - 12/14"

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2215/faction-event-notes-imperial-decree-and-trait-addition-12-14#latest

This is a typo, right?

I can see no traits added in the comm.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowdy wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Here are some unfused stats:

Mirror Data 
FE 1/5 level 100
    ENG 751 (163-367)
    SEC 519 (143-292)
    SCI 373 (45-121)

Mirror Vic Fontaine
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 255 (180-379)
    SEC 614 (142-312)

Shan, you comms in the Starfleet Communications board states the following in the title:

"Faction Event Notes Imperial Decree and trait addition - 12/14"

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2215/faction-event-notes-imperial-decree-and-trait-addition-12-14#latest

This is a typo, right?

I can see no traits added in the comm.

Correct!
    Sorry about that, the trait addition was done yesterday and information was added to the 3.1.0 release notes instead.
  • Am I the only one who thinks the uncanny similarity to Christopher Walken is a feature, not a flaw?
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Shan wrote: »
    I understand that you have concerns about the art of crew.
    To have a central thread and in the hopes of decluttering event posts, I have created a dedicated thread in Engineering Room.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2217/art-feedback/p1?new=1

Please use it from now on, thank you!

Thank you Shan, we're taking you up on the offer!
    I hope it will not fall through the cracks, that it will be taken seriously; it's one of the most important parts of the game for a lot of players.

I believe he suffered radiation burns/poisoning

The manner of his poisoning (by delta radiation) and the particular pattern to his scarring and hair color changes were an homage to the appearance of Captain Christopher Pike in the TOS episode "The Menagerie".
  • So - has anyone else noticed that for this event "Imperial Decree" that the announcement AND the artwork shows event crew 'Mirror Tucker (Existing)' , but the event rewards show 'Rescuer Tucker (existing)' ? I have to wonder if this is a mistake, or if someone changed their minds at DB.
  • arjuna wrote: »
    JERI RYAN wrote: »
    My ... God,
    Whose six year old is doing the artwork now ?
    I have literally been awake waiting for 11AM to hit so I could buy the Mirror Data offer (as I usually do every week), but
    I ... am ... not... buying ... this ... monstrosity.
    Purely because I'm spending $100 on art this god-awful, even worse than Mirror Reed (if that was even possible).
    Unnecessary comment removed ˜Shan

DB didn't do the art for this Data it was from the actual comic. I don't think that makes it any better but I just state for clarification. I will be staying away from this event pack just to make sure I don't accidentally end up with a Data now.

Actually, I’d just like to point out, as an owner of those comics, that there’s absolutely no frame or image in any of them that are quite as horrid as Walken Data. The closest that comes to that is an alternate cover; I think someone posted it somewhere above in this thread.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRNelson wrote: »
    So - has anyone else noticed that for this event "Imperial Decree" that the announcement AND the artwork shows event crew 'Mirror Tucker (Existing)' , but the event rewards show 'Rescuer Tucker (existing)' ? I have to wonder if this is a mistake, or if someone changed their minds at DB.

Mirror Tucker is threshold reward, Rescuer Tucker is rank reward.
  • Siblin wrote: »
    Crossing my fingers for mirror Naomi Wildman next time!

I'm still holding out for Mirror Porthos, 4*, with Dip: 500 (500 - 1000) / Sec: 1000 (0 - 500) / Med: 250 (-250 - 0)

The -250 Med proficiency is for when he licks you after he licks his own behind.

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »
    Siblin wrote: »
    Crossing my fingers for mirror Naomi Wildman next time!

I'm still holding out for Mirror Porthos, 4*, with Dip: 500 (500 - 1000) / Sec: 1000 (0 - 500) / Med: 250 (-250 - 0)

The -250 Med proficiency is for when he licks you after he licks his own behind.

Does equipping him with cheddar cheese ad an extra -100 to his Med? :P
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor