Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Triple Threat (rerun) - 01/04

Comments

• Options
    Siblin wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    No additional rewards as the event will have a normal duration.

That's very disappointing to hear.

yeah. Last Monday all my family gave me a bunch of presents. I’ve asked if they are gonna give me a bunch of presents next Monday and can you believe they’ve said no!! What’s up with that?!?

I'm not sure what your point is. Players have been significantly exceeding the top of the threshold rewards for some time. In recent galaxy events, something like the top 2500 to 3000 all cleared the threshold board.

This isn't just the whales. It is pretty clear that the reward structure (which has been largely unchanged since cummulative rewards were introduced) is due for an update.

Additional thresholds along with proportional rank rewards (like in PvP) would make a lot of people happy and clearly wouldn't be a huge departure from what they have implemented elsewhere.

I am a VIP 14 player but not a whale by any means and in factions I can drop below 1000 with no problem at all. It helps to get into sending out 4000 VP shuttles as fast as you can and having a deep crew for as much bonus crew. I have been playing for over a year which has allowed me to have a good crew. I never buy shuttle boosts and only use ones I get from cadet missions and event rewards. I also do not use dilithium to speed up my shuttles as I find that wasteful. I can usually average 100,000 VP per day once running 4000 VP shuttles

Having additional threshold rewards beyond 130,000 or 250,000 VP would be welcomed.
  • Options
    I can usually average 100,000 VP per day once running 4000 VP shuttles

I have to ask what I'm doing wrong then. In previous faction events I assumed it was down to me never having featured or variant crew at a high enough level to compete properly. For this event though I've had loads of mirror universe people on my shuttles, a lot of them immortal, and yet I can still never get 4k shuttles to consistently succeed. At that point they're hit and miss at best and keep dropping me back to lower VPs. It took me 'til this afternoon to clear 100k and that was hitting all the 3hr turnarounds save for when I was asleep (I used the 9hr double reward chests then).
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to ask what I'm doing wrong then.

Why don't you list your crew? Since they gave us the easy shuttles this event, I've had no issue keeping shuttles full with bonus characters. I think I pass at 11/12 4K shuttles. I have no 5* immortals but I do have almost every 4* Mirror character immortalized (except Archer). My only event characters are 2x 4/5 Mirror Picard (Mine + Squad Leader) and Geordi (3/4)

Every shuttle is over 80% success, over 90% at lot of the time. I do use 3* Skill Boosts to insure that my success chances don't dip.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options

I have to ask what I'm doing wrong then. In previous faction events I assumed it was down to me never having featured or variant crew at a high enough level to compete properly. For this event though I've had loads of mirror universe people on my shuttles, a lot of them immortal, and yet I can still never get 4k shuttles to consistently succeed. At that point they're hit and miss at best and keep dropping me back to lower VPs. It took me 'til this afternoon to clear 100k and that was hitting all the 3hr turnarounds save for when I was asleep (I used the 9hr double reward chests then).

Also if you want to do the best you possibly can, you find which 4 missions out of them all will give you the best success chance and only run those 4 missions. Yes it can cost a bit of merits, usually around 5-600 a faction event for me, but it does pay off in the event. This goes along with what others are saying about having the correct crew and everything else!
  • Options

Sounds like a bad case of DBNG.

I can usually maintain 4K shuttles if I've got a good number of bonus crew (at least two per shuttle). Though I did have one Faction event in the last couple of months where I was regularly getting kicked into 3500 or 2750 despite this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, while the Kickstart (open max amount of 1 min missions, complete 10, open 10 more @ 1.5hrs & use boosts) only gets you to 2250 on single Faction events, it is a necessity to get to the 4k level quickly.

Hitting every 3hr window + 9hr boosts during the night might get you top 1K with good DBNG, but I was encountering diminishing returns with that as of 6 months ago. Seems that the strategy has moved on to hitting every 1.5hr window + getting less sleep (or spending oodles of cash, of course).

YMMV
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

They should all be immortal. Or at least level 100 and fully fused (unless it's 3X event crew you are leveling.)
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Why don't you list your crew?

Immortal Mirror Picard (4/5 lvl 100 before event)
    Immortal Mirror Bashir
    Mirror Crusher 1/5 lvl 100
    Intendant Kira 1/5 lvl 100
    Musketeer LaForge 1/5 lvl 100
    Immortal Mirror Jadzia
    Immortal Mirror Garak
    Immortal Mirror Phlox
    Immortal Mirror Tucker
    Immortal Mirror Ezri
    Immortal Bridge Officer Troi
    Immortal Smiley O'Brien
    Warship Janeway 2/4 lvl 90
    Mirror Uhura 4/4 lvl 70
    Lt Cmdr LaForge 1/5 lvl 60
    Captain Janeway 1/4 lvl 60
    Captain LaForge 1/5 lvl 50
    Rakal Troi 4/4 lvl 50
    Age of Sail LaForge 3/4 lvl 50
    Mirror K'Ehleyr 3/4 lvl 50
    Cmdr Troi 1/5 lvl 40
    Mirror Archer 2/4 lvl 40
    Mirror Mayweather 4/4 lvl 20

I picked up a couple of copies of Mirror LaForge during phase 1, but haven't got him beyond level 10, and didn't pick up Pirate Janeway until the community reward dropped, so neither of those two are really applicable. I was getting 2 successes if I was lucky at 4K VP level, more often than not 1 success, so was pushed back to the previous VP levels.

Not sure what DBNG means.
    Hitting every 3hr window + 9hr boosts during the night might get you top 1K with good DBNG, but I was encountering diminishing returns with that as of 6 months ago. Seems that the strategy has moved on to hitting every 1.5hr window + getting less sleep (or spending oodles of cash, of course).

Guess I'm snookered then. I've got no 3* timer-reducers left as I blew all my saved up ones for an event a couple of months ago, and the odd one I've picked up since I've used at the time. No oodles of cash either and I'm fond enough of my health to not undergo sleep-deprivation for a game. Been there, done that, didn't like it. lol.gif
    Dinoss wrote: »
    Also if you want to do the best you possibly can, you find which 4 missions out of them all will give you the best success chance and only run those 4 missions.

Oh. I've just been doing whatever comes up when I click the faction. [facepalm]

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try them out next time a faction event rolls along, see what happens.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »
    Duras wrote: »
    2 Galaxies in a row, even if one was hybrid. Just blah.

And the Mega-Event we are doing now has THREE out of four Events include Faction Event. Which some of us hate a lot worse than people hate Galaxies......

Scott

The problem with Galaxy events is they completely sabotage your game progress for the entire duration of the event. Even if you don’t like faction events you would be sending shuttles anyway so it’s really no sweat. But having to pour every last chroniton you earn for a full long weekend just to generate event points is a horrible choice to have to make, especially when your crew quarters are literally a revolving door like mine and delaying levelling a crew almost always means you have to jettison another one you would rather keep.

Galaxy events massively exacerbate the crew slot shortage problem, faction events don’t do that.

I feel like hybrid events with a Galaxy phase are an acceptable compromise, two days of lost chronitons isn’t as harsh a blow as four or, heaven forbid, five days.

I can at least get the Threshold done in Galaxy Events. I get other people like Faction crap better. Just, why can't I like the Event type I like?

Scott

Of course you can. I prefer galaxies, myself. Sure it's great to have chrons for farming, but galaxies are where I get the majority of my crew, so I wouldn't have anyone to farm for without them.

Well, "Of course you can."

Except, people tend to talk down to anyone who says they like Galaxy Events more than Failtion Events.....

Scott

My names siblin and I prefer galaxy events...

That said it’s probably because I can never get anywhere close to the gold in faction events. I think I’m doing the right things (got 4 shuttles, lining up 10 to start for example), and have decent crew. Maybe I’m at my limit without finishing shuttles with dilithium or stocking up on time boosts

To succeed now it sounds like what you need is simply to build a deeper crew. Having good crew is a start, having the appropriate bonus/event crew for a faction is essential to progression. That means building up the variants of main cast crew so you are ready when they are picked.

problem is, most of the time the shuttles are succeeding, I get up to pulling about 3000 points fairly rapidly, but still won’t make the golds. I’m at a loss!
  • Options

problem is, most of the time the shuttles are succeeding, I get up to pulling about 3000 points fairly rapidly, but still won’t make the golds. I’m at a loss!

If you're not hitting 4,000 points/shuttle consistently, you probably won't finish top 1000 in a faction event.
  • Options
    Cadet missions: Thursday. Do elite (not epic) and you'll usually get enough 3* boosts in 2 weeks to do a Kickstart every fortnight. I always have a backup of 10 in my inventory for the next faction event.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you list your crew?

Immortal Mirror Picard (4/5 lvl 100 before event)
    Immortal Mirror Bashir
    Mirror Crusher 1/5 lvl 100
    Intendant Kira 1/5 lvl 100
    Musketeer LaForge 1/5 lvl 100
    Immortal Mirror Jadzia
    Immortal Mirror Garak
    Immortal Mirror Phlox
    Immortal Mirror Tucker
    Immortal Mirror Ezri
    Immortal Bridge Officer Troi
    Immortal Smiley O'Brien
    Warship Janeway 2/4 lvl 90
    Mirror Uhura 4/4 lvl 70
    Lt Cmdr LaForge 1/5 lvl 60
    Captain Janeway 1/4 lvl 60
    Captain LaForge 1/5 lvl 50
    Rakal Troi 4/4 lvl 50
    Age of Sail LaForge 3/4 lvl 50
    Mirror K'Ehleyr 3/4 lvl 50
    Cmdr Troi 1/5 lvl 40
    Mirror Archer 2/4 lvl 40
    Mirror Mayweather 4/4 lvl 20

I picked up a couple of copies of Mirror LaForge during phase 1, but haven't got him beyond level 10, and didn't pick up Pirate Janeway until the community reward dropped, so neither of those two are really applicable. I was getting 2 successes if I was lucky at 4K VP level, more often than not 1 success, so was pushed back to the previous VP levels.

Guess I'm snookered then. I've got no 3* timer-reducers left as I blew all my saved up ones for an event a couple of months ago, and the odd one I've picked up since I've used at the time. No oodles of cash either and I'm fond enough of my health to not undergo sleep-deprivation for a game. Been there, done that, didn't like it. lol.gif
    Dinoss wrote: »
    Also if you want to do the best you possibly can, you find which 4 missions out of them all will give you the best success chance and only run those 4 missions.

Oh. I've just been doing whatever comes up when I click the faction. [facepalm]

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try them out next time a faction event rolls along, see what happens.

You've got the makings of a good deep crew there. Some good immortals. Some that need leveling up. You're strong on Sec/DIP/CMD, but need some help on SCI which in case there is another Mirror event, look out for T'Pol, Spock, Jennifer Sisko. They were immense help to me when those SCI seats kept popping up. (Your prob got burned by this a few times since you were not doing the pick and choose on the shuttle missions.)

Even though it would hurt the chrons on the galaxy phase, I'd have started leveling LaForge as soon as you got the first star.

Thursday elite cadet missions are the key to collecting up the speed ups. Esp since next week is a galaxy and you can just save what you get.

• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    No additional rewards as the event will have a normal duration.

That's very disappointing to hear.

yeah. Last Monday all my family gave me a bunch of presents. I’ve asked if they are gonna give me a bunch of presents next Monday and can you believe they’ve said no!! What’s up with that?!?

Except that it's not a bunch of presents; it's a reasonable adjustment to reflect where the game is at now. There's a growing gap between threshold and ranked rewards, due to influx of players. Ranked can especially be adjusted to reflect this. Either by expanding ranks which receive purple and gold crew and their stars, or ideally by percentage. More players being in the game I don't think should amount to individuals earning less for the same amount of effort.

But also, I hope that in a Trek community we can be amenable to others advocating for improvements.
  • Options

DBNG = RNG, DB style is my guess. A poke at DB since it seems that their RNG is different than most mobile games I've played.

• Options
    nice, a weekend off. I bet pack sales for this one are awful.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does DB ever do reruns with no new crew added?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

How would that sell crew packs?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but there's always new players. Or even old players who need schwag. Battle of New York had two 5*'s and 4*'s. Re-run of the event didn't add anything but switched the ranking/threshold rewards around.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    MOZangelesSDMOZangelesSD ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

That said, while the Kickstart (open max amount of 1 min missions, complete 10, open 10 more @ 1.5hrs & use boosts) only gets you to 2250 on single Faction events, it is a necessity to get to the 4k level quickly.

YMMV

There is a slight twist to that 'standard' Kickstart that jumps you straight to 2750 on single Faction events...
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but there's always new players. Or even old players who need schwag. Battle of New York had two 5*'s and 4*'s. Re-run of the event didn't add anything but switched the ranking/threshold rewards around.

I think that has been the only case though. Though we have yet to see other events rerun that had 4 crew to begin with,

THinking of getting the Torchbearer in part of Discovery Mega II if he's threshold. Not sure I have the reserves to compete in another galaxy for rank.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

I am a VIP 14 player but not a whale by any means and in factions I can drop below 1000 with no problem at all.

Perhaps it's a small quibble, but if you're VIP14, it means you've spent in excess of $1000 on a mobile game. There is certainly a sliver-sized stratosphere of players above that who spend magnitudes more, but this is like someone who brings in half a million a year in salary saying they aren't *that* rich. You are already in a minuscule (and high) spending category, which in my estimation leaves you firmly in marine-dwelling mammal territory.

First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a VIP 14 player but not a whale by any means and in factions I can drop below 1000 with no problem at all.

Perhaps it's a small quibble, but if you're VIP14, it means you've spent in excess of $1000 on a mobile game. There is certainly a sliver-sized stratosphere of players above that who spend magnitudes more, but this is like someone who brings in half a million a year in salary saying they aren't *that* rich. You are already in a minuscule (and high) spending category, which in my estimation leaves you firmly in marine-dwelling mammal territory.

You mean like dolphins and manatees?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though it would hurt the chrons on the galaxy phase, I'd have started leveling LaForge as soon as you got the first star.

It hurts your inventory for galaxy too. They ALWAYS build the galaxy to use the same items that the event crew uses to level. Can we say 44 hyperspanners?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I'm VIP 14 and certainly not a whale. Not when you consider the timeframe it took for me to get there.

Just using an average, say $25 per week, I don't think that enters whale waters.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

It hurts your inventory for galaxy too. They ALWAYS build the galaxy to use the same items that the event crew uses to level. Can we say 44 hyperspanners?

It does but it really pays off in the end if you have stocked a lil chrons when it comes to super rare turn in. And some of those are covered by the equipment you get in threshold.

And they do not always do that with the same rare items but it does happen often.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Vock is gunna be trashold, then I might actually be bothered to go for 130'000 VP (unless the trasholds are enhanced again). I need one more star for Dukie, so purrhaps ... meowbe ... I might buy a pack or two with Dialiffium. ^^
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Vock is gunna be trashold, then I might actually be bothered to go for 130'000 VP (unless the trasholds are enhanced again). I need one more star for Dukie, so purrhaps ... meowbe ... I might buy a pack or two with Dialiffium. ^^

I think Shan already said the thresholds are going back to 'normal'.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You've got the makings of a good deep crew there. Some good immortals. Some that need leveling up. You're strong on Sec/DIP/CMD, but need some help on SCI which in case there is another Mirror event, look out for T'Pol, Spock, Jennifer Sisko. They were immense help to me when those SCI seats kept popping up. (Your prob got burned by this a few times since you were not doing the pick and choose on the shuttle missions.)

Aye, Sci slots were killing me. I was throwing the likes of unfused Chaotica and Nemesis Wesley at them. I've seen Jennifer once in a behold, but got another star on someone else instead. I've literally never come across Mirror T'Pol and Spock. They're two of a bunch of characters that somehow eludes me, I tend to see the same 4* and 5*s over again.

Thursday elite cadet missions are the key to collecting up the speed ups. Esp since next week is a galaxy and you can just save what you get.

Sounds like I need to collect them again, aye.

I'm VIP 14 and certainly not a whale. Not when you consider the timeframe it took for me to get there. Just using an average, say $25 per week, I don't think that enters whale waters.

Aye, I'm VIP 13, but it's taken me almost a year to get there. I have a set 'entertainment budget' for myself and just use that. Others may go down the pub for the night and spend £20 on drinks, I spend it here instead. lol.gif Getting the cheaper special offers when they come around slowly builds up the VIP score.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Aye, I'm VIP 13, but it's taken me almost a year to get there. I have a set 'entertainment budget' for myself and just use that. Others may go down the pub for the night and spend £20 on drinks, I spend it here instead. lol.gif Getting the cheaper special offers when they come around slowly builds up the VIP score.

That's actually exactly how I look at it.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Shan already said the thresholds are going back to 'normal'.

She did. And this confuses me. Higher thresholds increase competition and player satisfaction. DB is so stingy it's like they think there is a limited supply of pixels AND a cost to mine them. One thing is for certain, wether or not better thresholds and rewards decrease sales, DB comes across as very greedy and stingy, especially when we've got experience with other companies to contrast them against.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like the honor reward. Just claimed this events one. A small amount but it kept me going