Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Triple Threat (rerun) - 01/04

Comments

• Options
    Mordack wrote: »
    Isn't Persis usually the default 2* for events involving the Augments?

To date, Persis has been in the rewards table just once (for "Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions" in October). I would think that falls short of meeting any criteria to be called a usual default.
  • Options
    Mordack wrote: »
    Isn't Persis usually the default 2* for events involving the Augments?

To date, Persis has been in the rewards table just once (for "Discovery: A New Anomaly 2: First Impressions" in October). I would think that falls short of meeting any criteria to be called a usual default.

Fair enough. She was used during that Augment themed event in the absence of a 2* related to the main characters, but hopefully that won't be the case this time.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you have a 3 faction event, how do you decide which faction to support?

Is there a difference based on the characters you have? Are the missions or rewards different?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a difference based on the characters you have? Are the missions or rewards different?

Whichever Faction gets the most Points gets bonuses after the Event, but only when it is a Faction Event.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I realize that part. I usually choose whichever faction is most helpful to me that is not winning so I can get benefits from then during the event and then benefits from the winner after the event. I didn't know if the crew I habe actually makes a difference or if the missions are different (or different difficulty) for particular factions.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way back when, there was a story line that players influenced by helping their favorite faction. The winners got to vote for a new character. APU 3947 got into the game that way.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I realize that part. I usually choose whichever faction is most helpful to me that is not winning so I can get benefits from then during the event and then benefits from the winner after the event. I didn't know if the crew I habe actually makes a difference or if the missions are different (or different difficulty) for particular factions.
    They're the same missions, but three are chosen randomly to start for each, so you may see ones you like first for one faction rather than another. They'll all rotate through eventually though, so no real difference. The only thing to keep in mind, is that the rare rewards are added individually for each faction. So you don't want to be switching back and forth with these, or you'll never get to the highest reward ones.
  • Options
    DurasDuras ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    2 Galaxies in a row, even if one was hybrid. Just blah.

And the Mega-Event we are doing now has THREE out of four Events include Faction Event. Which some of us hate a lot worse than people hate Galaxies......

Scott

The problem with Galaxy events is they completely sabotage your game progress for the entire duration of the event. Even if you don’t like faction events you would be sending shuttles anyway so it’s really no sweat. But having to pour every last chroniton you earn for a full long weekend just to generate event points is a horrible choice to have to make, especially when your crew quarters are literally a revolving door like mine and delaying levelling a crew almost always means you have to jettison another one you would rather keep.

Galaxy events massively exacerbate the crew slot shortage problem, faction events don’t do that.

I feel like hybrid events with a Galaxy phase are an acceptable compromise, two days of lost chronitons isn’t as harsh a blow as four or, heaven forbid, five days.
  • Options
    Duras wrote: »

And the Mega-Event we are doing now has THREE out of four Events include Faction Event. Which some of us hate a lot worse than people hate Galaxies......

Scott

The problem with Galaxy events is they completely sabotage your game progress for the entire duration of the event. Even if you don’t like faction events you would be sending shuttles anyway so it’s really no sweat. But having to pour every last chroniton you earn for a full long weekend just to generate event points is a horrible choice to have to make, especially when your crew quarters are literally a revolving door like mine and delaying levelling a crew almost always means you have to jettison another one you would rather keep.

Galaxy events massively exacerbate the crew slot shortage problem, faction events don’t do that.

I feel like hybrid events with a Galaxy phase are an acceptable compromise, two days of lost chronitons isn’t as harsh a blow as four or, heaven forbid, five days.

I can at least get the Threshold done in Galaxy Events. I get other people like Faction crap better. Just, why can't I like the Event type I like?

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

I can at least get the Threshold done in Galaxy Events. I get other people like Faction crap better. Just, why can't I like the Event type I like?

Scott

Of course you can. I prefer galaxies, myself. Sure it's great to have chrons for farming, but galaxies are where I get the majority of my crew, so I wouldn't have anyone to farm for without them.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »

Scott

Scott

Of course you can. I prefer galaxies, myself. Sure it's great to have chrons for farming, but galaxies are where I get the majority of my crew, so I wouldn't have anyone to farm for without them.

Well, "Of course you can."

Except, people tend to talk down to anyone who says they like Galaxy Events more than Failtion Events.....

Scott

• Options

These days, the only thing that really matters is that after the event, we get those few days where the winning faction's shuttles get a bonus and go out at reduced difficulty and reduced time. Theoretically, you'd want to support the faction whose shuttles you'd most like to run with those perks after the event. In practice, though, it's usually so lopsided that it doesn't much matter what any one player does.

I personally tend to pick whichever faction's representative interests me the most. For instance, last time we played "Triple Threat", I was more into Mirror K'Ehleyr than I was into Pah-wraith Cult Dukat or Young Khan, so I went with the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance.
  • Options
    Of course what they really need to do is properly bring back expedition events and put all three on an even rotation, that way no-one has to face an event type they hate two weekends running. IMO expeditions have always been the best of the three types and they’ve improved them a lot since they were first introduced.

This plan has my full endorsement.

Scott

• Options
    DurasDuras ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Shan, someone has to ask this so it may as well be me, will
    Ash Tyler
    count as a Voq variant for this event? [/conspiracy]
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Shan, someone has to ask this so it may as well be me, will
    Ash Tyler
    count as a Voq variant for this event? [/conspiracy]

Even if DB is "in the know" about that story line, I doubt they would be authorized to spoil it that way. But, we can hope!!!!!

Scott

• Options
    What is a Voq?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    What is a Voq?
    This guy before he was Human:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Lt._Ash_Tyler
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    What is a Voq?
    This guy before he was Human:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Lt._Ash_Tyler

Adding spoiler tags to my reply, as well. If you haven't watched Discovery and don't want to know about any theories regarding characters on the show, do not click...
    Technically, it's still speculation that this is the case. Very strong speculation, and probably extremely likely — but still unverified as of yet.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ms27r8p30hye.png

- could play some tunes for Voq up top the Klingon ship. Maybe despite his supremacy, Voq is conflicted in his weakness for jazz. Just sayin'
  • Options
    What is a Voq?

Voq is a Klingon from the early episodes of Discovery, he was T’Kuvma’s second in command.

Thanks for the spoiler code tags Scott, I couldn’t find it on the toolbar for the life of me.
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭

Scott

Scott

Except, people tend to talk down to anyone who says they like Galaxy Events more than Failtion Events.....

Scott

My names siblin and I prefer galaxy events...

That said it’s probably because I can never get anywhere close to the gold in faction events. I think I’m doing the right things (got 4 shuttles, lining up 10 to start for example), and have decent crew. Maybe I’m at my limit without finishing shuttles with dilithium or stocking up on time boosts
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Siblin wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    No additional rewards as the event will have a normal duration.

That's very disappointing to hear.

yeah. Last Monday all my family gave me a bunch of presents. I’ve asked if they are gonna give me a bunch of presents next Monday and can you believe they’ve said no!! What’s up with that?!?

I'm not sure what your point is. Players have been significantly exceeding the top of the threshold rewards for some time. In recent galaxy events, something like the top 2500 to 3000 all cleared the threshold board.

This isn't just the whales. It is pretty clear that the reward structure (which has been largely unchanged since cummulative rewards were introduced) is due for an update.

Additional thresholds along with proportional rank rewards (like in PvP) would make a lot of people happy and clearly wouldn't be a huge departure from what they have implemented elsewhere.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Someone already asked my question. Edited.
  • Options
    What is a Voq?

Voq is a Klingon from the early episodes of Discovery, he was T’Kuvma’s second in command.

Thanks for the spoiler code tags Scott, I couldn’t find it on the toolbar for the life of me.

I can't remember where I found it. Let me look. The Formatting thing that looks like a Paragraph symbol.

8tlnzkci6ua2.png
  • Options

yeah. Last Monday all my family gave me a bunch of presents. I’ve asked if they are gonna give me a bunch of presents next Monday and can you believe they’ve said no!! What’s up with that?!?

Very funny. 😃
    As a statement by itself, its facitiousness is great.
  • Options
    Well it looks like we are leveling crew next week :D
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Scott

Scott

That said it’s probably because I can never get anywhere close to the gold in faction events. I think I’m doing the right things (got 4 shuttles, lining up 10 to start for example), and have decent crew. Maybe I’m at my limit without finishing shuttles with dilithium or stocking up on time boosts

Everyone together: “Hi Siblin... Welcome... would you like to share.. just let it all out... big group hug.”

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Scott

Scott

To succeed now it sounds like what you need is simply to build a deeper crew. Having good crew is a start, having the appropriate bonus/event crew for a faction is essential to progression. That means building up the variants of main cast crew so you are ready when they are picked.