Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Triple Threat (rerun) - 01/04

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant if the community will get to the premium pull with the boycott.
    Good question. The only time I remember us missing it was during the last "Do Better" campaign. Could be close.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt if the boycott will stop the Community Rewards. It just might take longer. The first one is usually already close, if not done when I get back online at 1PM, after work.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

They will. The boycott will likely make it take longer than 12 hours, since some power players won't be chipping in, but I highly doubt we'll miss the premium pull.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    In Shan's post about upcoming event Mirror K'ehleyr (Existing) 4* Super Rare is said to be main event crew yet Mirror K'ehleyr is not ranked or threshold reward, will Mirror K'ehleyr have bonus of high bonus crew or that of small bonus crew ?
  • Options
    In Shan's post about upcoming event Mirror K'ehleyr (Existing) 4* Super Rare is said to be main event crew yet Mirror K'ehleyr is not ranked or threshold reward, will Mirror K'ehleyr have bonus of high bonus crew or that of small bonus crew ?

It's says that Event Crew are High Bonus, like always. And it lists Mirror K as Event Crew......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    She is high bonus, just not in the ranked or threshold since there are 3 4* characters this event.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Will Torchbearer Riker be bonus?
  • Options
    @Shan

Oh that's gonna get snipped lol.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Mirror K'Ehleyr will provide a high bonus.
  • Options
    She is high bonus, just not in the ranked or threshold since there are 3 4* characters this event.

ranked rewards are 5* paw-wraith cult dukat, 4* young khan and 3* klingon dukat, threshold rewards are 2* glinn damar and 4* torcherbearer voq, there are only two 4* crew that are event rewards
    Shan wrote: »

Thanks
  • Options

ranked rewards are 5* paw-wraith cult dukat, 4* young khan and 3* klingon dukat, threshold rewards are 2* glinn damar and 4* torcherbearer voq, there are only two 4* crew that are event rewards
    Shan wrote: »

Thanks

Yes, but Mirror K'ehelyr is in the packs. The crew in the event packs will always be high bonus.
  • Options
    @Shan

What does "snipped" mean here?
  • Options
    @Shan

Edited/Removed by a Moderator. I though for sure they were gonna snip it for trolling lol. I guess not!
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @Shan

Edited/Removed by a Moderator. I though for sure they were gonna snip it for trolling lol. I guess not!

No no no... Comment moderated. ˜Shan
  • Options
    Now that the rewards have posted, I have to say, that for me, this is probably one of the most disappointing event I’ve seen so far. At least next to the discovery events.

The only character I was hoping to get copies of was Mirror K'Ehleyr, because I need three more to immortalize her, and she’s not even a reward. I have absolutely no desire for another Orc on my crew. Young Khan I already have fully fused. And I really don’t need another 1/5 dip/comm/sec.
    This event just isn’t worth spending the cronitons on.
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    @Shan

No no no... Comment moderated. ˜Shan

HA! Holy crap
  • Options
    @Shan

Oh. I intended it as a serious question. Since one Torchbearer is event crew and storyline crew, I imagine, I thought perhaps others would be bonus. I've never trolled anyone online in my life. I don't plan to start. (Although I have unintendedly posted comments that had that effect.)
  • Options
    @Shan

Oh. I intended it as a serious question. Since one Torchbearer is event crew and storyline crew, I imagine, I thought perhaps others would be bonus. I've never trolled anyone online in my life. I don't plan to start. (Although I have unintendedly posted comments that had that effect.)

Aaaaah sorry, I thought you were making a joke. I'm still wondering who Torchbearer Riker is though?
  • Options
    @Shan

Now we know that Black Pebble is going to show up at your doorstep... how can anyone take this:
    @Shan

As anything but sarcasm at best and trolling at worst? Or was the “Riker” a Freudian slip or typo... you know that after Rikerpaloosa that is how most people would interpret it.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Now that the rewards have posted, I have to say, that for me, this is probably one of the most disappointing event I’ve seen so far. At least next to the discovery events.

The only character I was hoping to get copies of was Mirror K'Ehleyr, because I need three more to immortalize her, and she’s not even a reward. I have absolutely no desire for another Orc on my crew. Young Khan I already have fully fused. And I really don’t need another 1/5 dip/comm/sec.
    This event just isn’t worth spending the cronitons on.

And this is the only reward structure that gets me to play. I have Khan FF, I don't care about Dukhat, and I've airlocked khelar so often that auto complete just suggested her name. With Voq as threshold I will play to clear him and then stop. Any other structure and I wouldn't have bothered.

So for every option there are winners and losers. This time it doesn't work for you. Hopefully next time it will.
  • Options
    I checked my crew. I was wrong. I got Anbo-jyutsu Riker in the Torchbearer event and I always thought he was a Torchbearer--which is way easier to say. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    I checked my crew. I was wrong. I got Anbo-jyutsu Riker in the Torchbearer event and I always thought he was a Torchbearer--which is way easier to say. Sorry for the confusion.

Aaaaah I gotcha! Sorry
  • Options
    Actually it fits me perfectly. My K’Ehleyr has been FF/FE for some time. Been missing stars on Young Khan forever (he was my first 4* over a year ago and I got one star on voyages a month or so back). So I’ll just get a Free albino space orc on my way to FF Khan as I have no interest in another 1/5* and Dukat is meh in stats and am too ground down after the push for **tsk tsk** Troi.
  • Options
    I think they were all technically acting as torchbearers in the storyline DB came up with, but barely anyone takes notice of those anymore.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options

So-des... the EMS team has been called off...
  • Options
    Captain SushiCaptain Sushi ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I think they were all technically acting as torchbearers in the storyline DB came up with, but barely anyone takes notice of those anymore.

There's plenty of torch bearers on the forum right now, if anyone needs one.

Oops, my bad... I mistook torch-wielding mobs for torch bearers!
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    This will **** as much as the crappy conclusion to the mega event. Perhaps we can get another free legend that everyone has.

Actually I'm not sure the turnout will be strong enough to pop the DB servers again.

The preview of the next event did not load for me since I did not claim last weeks rewards.
  • Options
    It is interesting to see the confusion over the "torch bearer" character. I realize that a lot don't like DSY on principle so bare with me. The "torch bearer" was a role appointed by T'kuvma. The roll's job was to bring all 24 Klingon houses to a meeting point by lighting a "torch" the original Torch Bearer (the red one we got in the Anbo-jyutsu Riker event) was killed by Burnham and Vok asked T'kuvma to take his place.
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It is interesting to see the confusion over the "torch bearer" character. I realize that a lot don't like DSY on principle so bare with me. The "torch bearer" was a role appointed by T'kuvma. The roll's job was to bring all 24 Klingon houses to a meeting point by lighting a "torch" the original Torch Bearer (the red one we got in the Anbo-jyutsu Riker event) was killed by Burnham and Vok asked T'kuvma to take his place.

Absolutely no confusion here as I’ve watched all of the ST Discovery episodes at least twice. Spoilers below so stop reading.

I’m not a great fan (spore drive is kinda stupid and I’m curious to see how they eventually explain why this technology is abandoned within 10 years given there is no such thing in TOS... it better not be because it hurts the Rippers or mushrooms because everyone else like the Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, and Klingons wouldn’t give a toss about that) but neither am I a hater either. I think so far it’s greatest weaknesses in too much SJW while also attempting a “darker” less ideologically pure good vs. evil with “flawed” characters like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. It’s not really working for me. But the special effects and cinematography is almost cinema quality.

T’Kuvma lasted all of two episodes. The original torchbearer Rejac had like five seconds of screen time and no lines and somehow turned green on STT’s artwork. Albino Voq...we haven’t seen him since we found out he has a zombie diet of human brains (conspiracy theories that he is Ash notwithstanding). And yet these are the characters we keep getting. I assume Voq will reappear Sunday when the show resumes which is why he is showing up in this event that has nothing to do with him. I mean torchbearer sounds such a grand title when all it means is you push a button when the messiah tells you to.

My only confusion was the question about Torchbearer Riker as the author has already clarified it was a mistake. We thought he was taking the piss as in the Rikerpalooza a few months back. We all good now.
  • Options

Absolutely no confusion here as I’ve watched all of the ST Discovery episodes at least twice. Spoilers below so stop reading.

I’m not a great fan (spore drive is kinda stupid and I’m curious to see how they eventually explain why this technology is abandoned within 10 years given there is no such thing in TOS... it better not be because it hurts the Rippers or mushrooms because everyone else like the Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, and Klingons wouldn’t give a toss about that) but neither am I a hater either. I think so far it’s greatest weaknesses in too much SJW while also attempting a “darker” less ideologically pure good vs. evil with “flawed” characters like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. It’s not really working for me. But the special effects and cinematography is almost cinema quality.

T’Kuvma lasted all of two episodes. The original torchbearer Rejac had like five seconds of screen time and no lines and somehow turned green on STT’s artwork. Albino Voq...we haven’t seen him since we found out he has a zombie diet of human brains (conspiracy theories that he is Ash notwithstanding). And yet these are the characters we keep getting. I assume Voq will reappear Sunday when the show resumes which is why he is showing up in this event that has nothing to do with him. I mean torchbearer sounds such a grand title when all it means is you push a button when the messiah tells you to.

My only confusion was the question about Torchbearer Riker as the author has already clarified it was a mistake. We thought he was taking the piss as in the Rikerpalooza a few months back. We all good now.

The reason the other ships do not have Spore Drive in the Star Trek Universe, is because they kind of misled us about where "Discovery" takes place......

Scott