Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Triple Threat (rerun) - 01/04

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Galaxies in a row, even if one was hybrid. Just blah.

And the Mega-Event we are doing now has THREE out of four Events include Faction Event. Which some of us hate a lot worse than people hate Galaxies......

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    @Shan
    I appreciate having such info early. Something that is never included is which 2* crew is featured. We always have one. I would like to know who it is to unthaw them ahead of time or to not airlock them and get them ready when I get them. For instance, I anticipated Janeway this time, so I didn't airlock her when I got her as I usually do. She has been helpful from the start. Knowing the character will help. Thank you.

If you want to try to guess along with DB, the first time this event was played, there was no 2*. Instead, there were two copies of 3* Klingon Dukat in the solo thresholds. If you wanted to fully fuse him, you had to rank between #7501-10000. (In those days, we didn't have cumulative rank rewards, so anyone who ranked higher than that ended the event with a 2/3 Dukat.) Given that there still aren't any obvious 2* alternatives, it seems probable that he'll return in that capacity.

Or a new 2* of one of the Event Crew? Or related? Like Festivus Crazy Eyes Dax and Gaia Odo? They might do that.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    I appreciate having such info early. Something that is never included is which 2* crew is featured. We always have one. I would like to know who it is to unthaw them ahead of time or to not airlock them and get them ready when I get them. For instance, I anticipated Janeway this time, so I didn't airlock her when I got her as I usually do. She has been helpful from the start. Knowing the character will help. Thank you.

If you want to try to guess along with DB, the first time this event was played, there was no 2*. Instead, there were two copies of 3* Klingon Dukat in the solo thresholds. If you wanted to fully fuse him, you had to rank between #7501-10000. (In those days, we didn't have cumulative rank rewards, so anyone who ranked higher than that ended the event with a 2/3 Dukat.) Given that there still aren't any obvious 2* alternatives, it seems probable that he'll return in that capacity.

Thank you. Too bad I airlocked Klingon Dukat for space.
  • Options
    @Shan

Or a new 2* of one of the Event Crew? Or related? Like Festivus Crazy Eyes Dax and Gaia Odo? They might do that.

Scott

I would like a new 2*. They have no 2* mirror. I would also like Gaia Odo.
  • Options
    I have 3500 chrons already saved up for this week that I will now be skipping the galaxy portion for the current week and will be using them next week instead.
  • Options
    @Shan

Scott

I would like a new 2*. They have no 2* mirror. I would also like Gaia Odo.

Gaia Odo kind of bogs down Leveling 80-90, but once he is Immortalized, he is on the recommended list for Cadets.

Scott

• Options
    @Shan will this be a copy and paste job like the last time we had a rerun after the Discovery mega event? The threshold rewards were pretty pitiful on that one and was a very lazy job.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Will the extended event rewards continue? While it'll be a lot harder to hit the high thresholds with only 80% of the time to work, it sure would be nice to have something more to shoot for.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No additional rewards as the event will have a normal duration.
  • Options

Scott

2* Dukat please
  • Options
    @Shan
    Will the extended event rewards continue? While it'll be a lot harder to hit the high thresholds with only 80% of the time to work, it sure would be nice to have something more to shoot for.

I agree the extended rewards are very much something the regular four day runs need. Maybe not so deep of VP required but we definitely need more. Having more would push me farther in galaxy events since most of the time on those I end as soon as I hit top threshold. If anything having 450-600 ship schematics at the end of the list would be a welcomed addition. Of course only if those schematics are the newer ships that are not found in premium pack pulls.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    No additional rewards as the event will have a normal duration.

That's very disappointing to hear.
  • Options
    @Shan

Scott

A new 2* is always a possibility, but it seems unlikely given that there really aren't any obvious 2* personae to be made of the featured crew. Recovering Khan, I guess, wearing that powder blue patient gown, with his hair down? There's not much left to do with K'Ehleyr (full Klingon garb from the end of "The Emissary" would work, though I feel that'd be better as a 3*). Dukat did a lot of things, but he really just wore the one uniform to do them. They had to put a baldric on him just to establish the Klingon Dukat persona in the first place. We don't have a Gul Dukat, but even as a fan of the character I'd be lying if I said I saw much point in making one by now.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    With such eclectic event crew, Im glad its a galaxy as we don't need too many bonus crew for it.
  • Options
    XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Dukat did a lot of things, but he really just wore the one uniform to do them.

If they can give us a 2* Janeway that's just a very badly drawn version of an existing 4* Janeway (same uniform and same hair, despite several possible alternatives), then they could easily give us a new Dukat (or any other new 2* for that matter). Anjohl Tennan (Bajoran Dukat) would be good for example.

On another mater, I'm disappointed to get yet another tedious Discovery "Klingon" which will almost certainly be some variety of CMD/SEC/DIP...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could easily add the 2* Damar as the threshold reward to pair with Dukhat.
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Shan

Scott

A new 2* is always a possibility, but it seems unlikely given that there really aren't any obvious 2* personae to be made of the featured crew. Recovering Khan, I guess, wearing that powder blue patient gown, with his hair down? There's not much left to do with K'Ehleyr (full Klingon garb from the end of "The Emissary" would work, though I feel that'd be better as a 3*). Dukat did a lot of things, but he really just wore the one uniform to do them. They had to put a baldric on him just to establish the Klingon Dukat persona in the first place. We don't have a Gul Dukat, but even as a fan of the character I'd be lying if I said I saw much point in making one by now.

I think they should definitely add a 2* Gul Dukat. As for other versions of Dukat I'd like to see a Kosst Amojan possessed Dukat as well. Ideally with his avatar being him brutally murdering the Kai.
  • Options
    I currently have Young Khan 2/4 and Mirror K'Ehleyr 1/4, but I'm burnt out from all the recent galaxy events. I have roughly five thousand chrons saved up for phase 2 of this event, but I don't know if I really want Mirror Janeway, or if I should just get 4/4 Geordi and use the rest of my chrons improving my current crew.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Dukat did a lot of things, but he really just wore the one uniform to do them. They had to put a baldric on him just to establish the Klingon Dukat persona in the first place. We don't have a Gul Dukat, but even as a fan of the character I'd be lying if I said I saw much point in making one by now.

Glinn Dukat (Can't remember if he actually made an appearance or not)
    Prefect Dukat
    Anjohl Tennan
    Disguised Dukat (Gul Macet wasn't real! Clearly Dukat in disguise)
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well same uniform but messed up hair Dukat from when he went after and ended up retrieving Ziyal with Kira could be fun.

Bajoran Dukat -- earring and nose ridges, etc...

Did Dukat wear his Central Command uniform in Waltz? I havent watched it a while. Could be a source for Prisoner Dukat.
  • Options
    @Shan

Scott

They could always give us Breen Dukat from Indiscretion (season 4 episode 5)
    indiscretion_463.jpg

• Options
    I currently have Young Khan 2/4 and Mirror K'Ehleyr 1/4, but I'm burnt out from all the recent galaxy events. I have roughly five thousand chrons saved up for phase 2 of this event, but I don't know if I really want Mirror Janeway, or if I should just get 4/4 Geordi and use the rest of my chrons improving my current crew.

"All the recent galaxy events"? We just came off a 2 week break without a Galaxy. That's about as long as we get these days...

The answer is always "improve your crew". Sometimes, that means investing resources into acquiring new crew. Sometimes, it means investing resources in leveling what you have.

I'm holding that decision until we see where Voq is positioned. If he's threshold, I'll probably get him just to get him. 130k isn't that bad (or expensive) of a grind. If he is rank, then it'll really depend on how competitive the event is going and if his stats are decent. Given he's probably CMD/SEC/(maybe DIP), I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he probably won't be worth trying to rank T2k to FF for me.
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    Please. Y'all know the 2* is gonna be Cardassian Janeway.

Cardassian Janeway! Yes, please.
  • Options
    Most of us laugh at the idea of Cardassian Janeway, but we better not give them ideas.
  • Options
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Dukat did a lot of things, but he really just wore the one uniform to do them.

If they can give us a 2* Janeway that's just a very badly drawn version of an existing 4* Janeway (same uniform and same hair, despite several possible alternatives), then they could easily give us a new Dukat (or any other new 2* for that matter). Anjohl Tennan (Bajoran Dukat) would be good for example.

Anjohl Tennan should definitely be added, but I'd be sorely disappointed if he was squandered on a 2*.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    Confirming that the information posted is correct, for this event we have 3x 4* crew, one being new with Voq - and 1x 5*.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to skipping this event. I'll be able to work on the pile of untrained 4/4s I have.

Same. I'm not dissatisfied with the event. I'm just not interested in who is offered and I'm actually thrilled to have a week off. I have K'Ehleyr immortalized, I have Young Khan FF'd, and I have 2* on Pah-Wraith Cult Dukat. While I'd like more stars on him, he is on the back burner right now and will be for a while. As for Voq, he'll probably be another COM/DIP/SEC so what's the point, I have so many of those it's not even funny. I'm just glad I get to save my chrons for the first time since the start of the Mirror Mega Event.
    The first run was 15-19 September 2016. The Wiki has further details if you're interested. For instance, the three factions that time were:

Augments (represented by Young Khan)
    Cardassian Union (represented by Pah-wraith Cult Dukat)
    Klingon-Cardassian Alliance (represented by Mirror K'Ehleyr)

Personally, I could still use a bunch of Medical Experiments, so I'd be happy to see an Augment victory.

Thanks for posting this info Travis. I too will likely try to run for Med Experiments, Mirror Bev pretty much took all I had. Although I do need some 0* and 2* Gagh...
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Isn't Persis usually the default 2* for events involving the Augments?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thank you DB for not doing another faction part involved event the 4th time in a row. Since cause of extended event time, there would be less time to re arrange squads, and i need to re stock my shuttle boosts.

Good call as well, that the only new crew isn t a 2nd legendary, like it happened a lot on previous re runs. Only 1 new SR. Very nice. I don t get why ppl are still complaining. Many ppl are demanding a break, this re run is like a break, cause of only 1 new SR crew. Perfect call after an exhausting mega month.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•