Options

Key information about the event: Triple Threat (rerun) - 01/04

Comments

• Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    Now that the rewards have posted, I have to say, that for me, this is probably one of the most disappointing event I’ve seen so far. At least next to the discovery events.

The only character I was hoping to get copies of was Mirror K'Ehleyr, because I need three more to immortalize her, and she’s not even a reward. I have absolutely no desire for another Orc on my crew. Young Khan I already have fully fused. And I really don’t need another 1/5 dip/comm/sec.
    This event just isn’t worth spending the cronitons on.

And this is the only reward structure that gets me to play. I have Khan FF, I don't care about Dukhat, and I've airlocked khelar so often that auto complete just suggested her name. With Voq as threshold I will play to clear him and then stop. Any other structure and I wouldn't have bothered.

So for every option there are winners and losers. This time it doesn't work for you. Hopefully next time it will.

Yep. Which is specifically why I said "for me". Though it will be interesting to see the participation rates in my fleet.
  • Options
    [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The reason the other ships do not have Spore Drive in the Star Trek Universe, is because they kind of misled us about where "Discovery" takes place......

Scott

I'll add that to the list of reasons why I won't renew my subscription.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the other ships do not have Spore Drive in the Star Trek Universe, is because they kind of misled us about where "Discovery" takes place......

Scott

Well, technically, I think that they ARE in the "Prime Universe" NOW.

{As of the cliff-hanger episode.}

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Scott

Now you’ve totally lost me because that is exactly what I thought... so how is it that they are misleading us about where Discovery is really at now?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Scott

Scott

Now you’ve totally lost me because that is exactly what I thought... so how is it that they are misleading us about where Discovery is really at now?
    Because they said from the start it will "take place in the Prime Universe".

I think they did not go to the Mirror Universe. I think Stamets brought them to the Prime Universe, now.

Scott

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    South of SuluSouth of Sulu ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Absolutely no confusion here as I’ve watched all of the ST Discovery episodes at least twice. Spoilers below so stop reading.

I’m not a great fan (spore drive is kinda stupid and I’m curious to see how they eventually explain why this technology is abandoned within 10 years given there is no such thing in TOS... it better not be because it hurts the Rippers or mushrooms because everyone else like the Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, and Klingons wouldn’t give a toss about that) but neither am I a hater either. I think so far it’s greatest weaknesses in too much SJW while also attempting a “darker” less ideologically pure good vs. evil with “flawed” characters like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. It’s not really working for me. But the special effects and cinematography is almost cinema quality.

T’Kuvma lasted all of two episodes. The original torchbearer Rejac had like five seconds of screen time and no lines and somehow turned green on STT’s artwork. Albino Voq...we haven’t seen him since we found out he has a zombie diet of human brains (conspiracy theories that he is Ash notwithstanding). And yet these are the characters we keep getting. I assume Voq will reappear Sunday when the show resumes which is why he is showing up in this event that has nothing to do with him. I mean torchbearer sounds such a grand title when all it means is you push a button when the messiah tells you to.

My only confusion was the question about Torchbearer Riker as the author has already clarified it was a mistake. We thought he was taking the piss as in the Rikerpalooza a few months back. We all good now.

I had to look up what SJW was. Couldn’t find a definition didn’t sound like someone was trying to convince me of something until I got to Wikipedia. Wikipedia says it came about during gamergate I didn’t realize people were actually still using terms from that s*** show.

That aside, pretty sure hate watching is bad for your health.
  • Options
    It is interesting to see the confusion over the "torch bearer" character. I realize that a lot don't like DSY on principle so bare with me. The "torch bearer" was a role appointed by T'kuvma. The roll's job was to bring all 24 Klingon houses to a meeting point by lighting a "torch" the original Torch Bearer (the red one we got in the Anbo-jyutsu Riker event) was killed by Burnham and Vok asked T'kuvma to take his place.

Absolutely no confusion here as I’ve watched all of the ST Discovery episodes at least twice. Spoilers below so stop reading.

I’m not a great fan (spore drive is kinda stupid and I’m curious to see how they eventually explain why this technology is abandoned within 10 years given there is no such thing in TOS... it better not be because it hurts the Rippers or mushrooms because everyone else like the Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi, and Klingons wouldn’t give a toss about that) but neither am I a hater either. I think so far it’s greatest weaknesses in too much SJW while also attempting a “darker” less ideologically pure good vs. evil with “flawed” characters like the Battlestar Galactica reboot. It’s not really working for me. But the special effects and cinematography is almost cinema quality.

T’Kuvma lasted all of two episodes. The original torchbearer Rejac had like five seconds of screen time and no lines and somehow turned green on STT’s artwork. Albino Voq...we haven’t seen him since we found out he has a zombie diet of human brains (conspiracy theories that he is Ash notwithstanding). And yet these are the characters we keep getting. I assume Voq will reappear Sunday when the show resumes which is why he is showing up in this event that has nothing to do with him. I mean torchbearer sounds such a grand title when all it means is you push a button when the messiah tells you to.

My only confusion was the question about Torchbearer Riker as the author has already clarified it was a mistake. We thought he was taking the piss as in the Rikerpalooza a few months back. We all good now.
    It is interesting to see the confusion over the "torch bearer" character. I realize that a lot don't like DSY on principle so bare with me. The "torch bearer" was a role appointed by T'kuvma. The roll's job was to bring all 24 Klingon houses to a meeting point by lighting a "torch" the original Torch Bearer (the red one we got in the Anbo-jyutsu Riker event) was killed by Burnham and Vok asked T'kuvma to take his place.

I had to look up what SJW was. Couldn’t find a definition didn’t sound like someone was trying to convince me of something until I got to Wikipedia. Wikipedia says it came about during gamergate I didn’t realize people were actually still using terms from that s*** show.

Yeah, pretty sure SJW or Social Justice Warrior if you prefer is pretty well defined... I just searched it as well and it comes up pretty clear.

Don’t hate the show... just find parts of it very different from the rest of Trek (hence the Battlestar analogy which I enjoyed but had some issues with as well) and too much modern SJW pandering just for the sake of it which adds nothing. It’s not a bad show though.

Have no idea what gamergate is either.

Pretty sure my health is really good in any case
  • Options
    Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    No no no... Comment moderated. ˜Shan

I feel like I missed a conversation.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Options
    No no no... it means Black Pebble is going to show up at your doorstep with an EMS team and give you a vasectomy...

I feel like I missed a conversation.

It’s a lot of non sequiteurs and scrolling... just ignore it... we good...
  • Options

Yeah, pretty sure SJW or Social Justice Warrior if you prefer is pretty well defined... I just searched it as well and it comes up pretty clear.

Don’t hate the show... just find parts of it very different from the rest of Trek (hence the Battlestar analogy which I enjoyed but had some issues with as well) and too much modern SJW pandering just for the sake of it which adds nothing. It’s not a bad show though.

Have no idea what gamergate is either.

Pretty sure my health is really good in any case

Well the first result I got was Urban Dictionary Which no one outside the US takes seriously. The other results were equally dubious. I was saying the entire term was unfamiliar not just the acronym. Americans always think “well if it shows up in a Google search everyone must know...”
  • Options
    Well... to be clear, I’m not American. Hence I actually don’t know what gamergate was.

Lived, worked, and went to school on three continents.

Speak four languages. A fifth not very well.

The term SJW however, as you rightly point out, is very American and one that I have found endemic (for good reason) since moving back 7 years ago. I myself had to look it up several years ago so it’s understandable. Mainly because the SJW phenomenon is not very well developed elsewhere in the world (where I was living for 20 years to 2010).

But when a show (or movie... Star Wars... cough) has to tick all the PC (that’s Politically Correct) boxes of what the current flavor of “diversity and inclusiveness” just for the sake of doing it without plot reasons for doing so, I find that adds nothing to the story or my watching enjoyment. Doesn’t mean that movie is necessarily bad, but it’s harder to force characters into a story if there is no natural reason for doing so.

Discovery falls into this category unfortunately although I find the show generally enjoyable to watch (which already puts me in the minority in these forums it seems). So far the characters and story is not as engaging as I would like despite fantastic sets and special effects. Mind you I said the same thing when TNG debuted back in 86... it got better after a first year of bad stories and cardboard characters. So I’m willing to watch Discovery and see where it takes me. So I’m not sure why you think I am hate watching (new term for me... if I hate something I definitely wouldn’t watch it... and certainly not a long TV series). I would be with all the others here calling it STD (although I’m told it should be STI now) and airlocking my Stamets, Tilly, Georgiou, Burnham, Saru etc. instead of wasting time FF/FE them.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... to be clear, I’m not American. Hence I actually don’t know what gamergate was.

The term SJW however, as you rightly point out, is very American and one that I have found endemic (for good reason) since moving back 7 years ago. I myself had to look it up several years ago so it’s understandable. Mainly because the SJW phenomenon is not very well developed elsewhere in the world (where I was living for 20 years to 2010).

But when a show (or movie... Star Wars... cough) has to tick all the PC (that’s Politically Correct) boxes of what the current flavor of “diversity and inclusiveness” just for the sake of doing it without plot reasons for doing so, I find that adds nothing to the story or my watching enjoyment. Doesn’t mean that movie is necessarily bad, but it’s harder to force characters into a story if there is no natural reason for doing so.

Discovery falls into this category unfortunately although I find the show generally enjoyable to watch (which already puts me in the minority in these forums it seems). So far the characters and story is not as engaging as I would like despite fantastic sets and special effects. Mind you I said the same thing when TNG debuted back in 86... it got better after a first year of bad stories and cardboard characters. So I’m willing to watch Discovery and see where it takes me. So I’m not sure why you think I am hate watching (new term for me... if I hate something I definitely wouldn’t watch it... and certainly not a long TV series). I would be with all the others here calling it STD (although I’m told it should be STI now) and airlocking my Stamets, Tilly, Georgiou, Burnham, Saru etc. instead of wasting time FF/FE them.

Lol I hate Discovery, and as such I don't watch it anymore. Got better things to spend my time on. That being said, I keep the Diseased Characters around to use as tools to get characters I want.... (Course I hated Enterprise too... oh wait, I still hate Enterprise...lol)
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Lol I hate Discovery, and as such I don't watch it anymore. Got better things to spend my time on. That being said, I keep the Diseased Characters around to use as tools to get characters I want.... (Course I hated Enterprise too... oh wait, I still hate Enterprise...lol)

At least you can’t be accused of “hate watching”... I’m still not convinced that’s a real thing though... Enterprise wasn’t great but I found it clever how they tried to explain why Klingons changed from TOS to TNG, that’s a pretty tall order (although still full of plot holes). I really enjoyed the two part mirror episode with the Tholian, Gorn and tie in to the original TOS... buy yeah the ending sucked wind.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

At least you can’t be accused of “hate watching”... I’m still not convinced that’s a real thing though... Enterprise wasn’t great but I found it clever how they tried to explain why Klingons changed from TOS to TNG, that’s a pretty tall order (although still full of plot holes). I really enjoyed the two part mirror episode with the Tholian, Gorn and tie in to the original TOS... buy yeah the ending sucked wind.

The Augment thing was pretty weak especially doing the tie in with the Soong family, Clearly Brent Spiner was having a rough year. I usually equate it with Muppet Babies. Coulda been done with a novella. The Mirror Ep was interesting, and well written but also more of a stretch than even the worst DS9 Mirror ep. Its best watched with the sound off so you can just watch said Gorn and Tholian and not ponder things like time travel with dimensional travel and will Bakula ever repeat his decent acting performances like in Quantum Leap. All in all Season 4 didn't blow as bad as season 1-3. Even the finale wasn't as bad as some of the aweful time war eps. My favorite ep is actually the Pilot, though if I ever watched it again I'd mute it whenever Linda Park talked.

I know lots of folks who get invested in a show and hate watch just to see how things turned out because of said investment they already poured in. I really think thats what keeps some shows alive in ratings. Scandal, Lost, there have been others. I hear about how bad they are and then folks complain about needing DVR space for them.

I have a toddler at home. I don't get that much uninterrupted time to watch TV. I gotta choose stuff that makes me feel good about watching it, even if its an asinine game show like Match Game. I'm not married to sci-fi anymore, which helps.
  • Options

The Augment thing was pretty weak especially doing the tie in with the Soong family, Clearly Brent Spiner was having a rough year. I usually equate it with Muppet Babies. Coulda been done with a novella. The Mirror Ep was interesting, and well written but also more of a stretch than even the worst DS9 Mirror ep. Its best watched with the sound off so you can just watch said Gorn and Tholian and not ponder things like time travel with dimensional travel and will Bakula ever repeat his decent acting performances like in Quantum Leap. All in all Season 4 didn't blow as bad as season 1-3. Even the finale wasn't as bad as some of the aweful time war eps. My favorite ep is actually the Pilot, though if I ever watched it again I'd mute it whenever Linda Park talked.

I know lots of folks who get invested in a show and hate watch just to see how things turned out because of said investment they already poured in. I really think thats what keeps some shows alive in ratings. Scandal, Lost, there have been others. I hear about how bad they are and then folks complain about needing DVR space for them.

I have a toddler at home. I don't get that much uninterrupted time to watch TV. I gotta choose stuff that makes me feel good about watching it, even if its an asinine game show like Match Game. I'm not married to sci-fi anymore, which helps.

OIC... yeah Lost kind of “lost” it at the end but I didn’t hate it. Can I say STT is becoming “hate gaming” given all the *huggy pink snuggle bunnies* (I’ll beat the censor to it) around the last mega-event?

Fortunately my kids are pretty grown up giving me time to catch up on stuff I’ve missed over the last 25 years (I was in working Asia during DS9 and Voyager and Enterprise)...
  • Options
    Discovery is... okay I guess. It's improved since the diabolical two-part pilot anyway. It's very much had a BSG feel with most of the characters being snarky and aggressive, something I didn't like. But it's mellowed a little in more recent eps.

Watching TNG's first season now, I'm forced to wonder why it was ever a hit, but thinking back to the late '80s we were just happy to have new Trek so probably gave it more rope to hang itself than it needed, thus surviving to become the beloved icon it has. I'm willing to give Discovery the same chance, though at the moment it's only really on a par with Enterprise (my least favourite series) for me.

The Orville has had a similar curve. Started a bit meh, but has improved as the season's progressed. It feels very TNG/Voyager with added pop culture. I'm glad they've toned the jokes down. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Seth MacFarlane had to throw Family Guy humour in to sell the series, probably because that's what everyone expected of him, Hollywood loves pigeon-holing people. Though obviously he pulled back on that towards the end of the season, dropping the insert-random-jokes-here comedy for more character derived humour. Not completely, but enough to make it palatable.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options

STD sounds even more stupid than I imagined it would be. Mushroom drive? Zombie Klingons? Uh - right. I will stick to real Star Trek and leave Star Trek: Snowflake Edition to the younger crowd.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to just eating the heart of your enemy?
  • Options
    Im still 50/50 on Discovery only because it feels out of place between Enterprise and TOS. I'm still willing to give it a chance though.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Neems wrote: »
    Opinions about Discovery's plot or production aside, saying it's bad on the grounds of politically correctness or "pandering to SJWs" kind of ignores the entire history of Star Trek continuously pushing for as much diversity and inclusiveness as it far as it could. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal now, but going all the way back to the start, Uhura's, Chekov's, and Number One's (however brief) presence were a huge deal, and the whole thing was considered pandering to the progressives by its detractors. I remember people being upset about Sisko being the captain while black, especially regarding the Benny episodes that dared to acknowledge racism as a thing that existed. Dax's kiss with her previous wife had the homophobes up in arms. Hell, people used to complain that it seemed too much like Garak and Bashir might have something going on.

I have hope that 10-20 years from now no one will even think twice about the fact that there's a gay couple (or whatever else you feel is "SJW pandering") on a TV show, the same way none of us feel shocked seeing Uhura or Sisko.

That's just it...Star Trek has always been about pushing those boundaries. If the term had existed back in the 60s, it would've been labelled as a SJW show from the start. When I see comments complaining about this aspect of DISCO, I can't help but wonder if the commentary even understands why ST exists. Roddenberry chose the setting of his show specifically in order to allow him to mask his social commentary. Beyond characters like Uhura/Sulu/Chekov, look at episodes like "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" and "A Private Little War." It might not be your favourite part of the show, but it's the reason you got to enjoy the show in the first place.

I still hear grief about Janeway being a woman.

Id add the Omega Glory in there. That one is a little more subtle on the racial aspect, through on the surface is more cold war commentary.

That being said, the real or perceived diversity has no impact on my personal like or dislike, but I remember some of the flack before, and I feel a bit undercut by it as I think it helps paint those folks who don't like the STD as belonging to that crowd. I've already been called out more than once as a racist bastard cause I don't like the show on social media, which irritates me more.

(Why folks want to post on my walls about STD when I've been very clear me no likey I find irritating and fascinating at the same time.)

• Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Opinions about Discovery's plot or production aside, saying it's bad on the grounds of politically correctness or "pandering to SJWs" kind of ignores the entire history of Star Trek continuously pushing for as much diversity and inclusiveness as it far as it could. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal now, but going all the way back to the start, Uhura's, Chekov's, and Number One's (however brief) presence were a huge deal, and the whole thing was considered pandering to the progressives by its detractors. I remember people being upset about Sisko being the captain while black, especially regarding the Benny episodes that dared to acknowledge racism as a thing that existed. Dax's kiss with her previous wife had the homophobes up in arms. Hell, people used to complain that it seemed too much like Garak and Bashir might have something going on.

I have hope that 10-20 years from now no one will even think twice about the fact that there's a gay couple (or whatever else you feel is "SJW pandering") on a TV show, the same way none of us feel shocked seeing Uhura or Sisko.

That's just it...Star Trek has always been about pushing those boundaries. If the term had existed back in the 60s, it would've been labelled as a SJW show from the start. When I see comments complaining about this aspect of DISCO, I can't help but wonder if the commentary even understands why ST exists. Roddenberry chose the setting of his show specifically in order to allow him to mask his social commentary. Beyond characters like Uhura/Sulu/Chekov, look at episodes like "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" and "A Private Little War." It might not be your favourite part of the show, but it's the reason you got to enjoy the show in the first place.

Id add the Omega Glory in there. That one is a little more subtle on the racial aspect, through on the surface is more cold war commentary.

That being said, the real or perceived diversity has no impact on my personal like or dislike, but I remember some of the flack before, and I feel a bit undercut by it as I think it helps paint those folks who don't like the STD as belonging to that crowd. I've already been called out more than once as a racist bastard cause I don't like the show on social media, which irritates me more.

(Why folks want to post on my walls about STD when I've been very clear me no likey I find irritating and fascinating at the same time.)

Honestly I think that's the bigger problem. If you complain about not liking Voyager or Janeway, you get called sexist (even if you're a woman apparently) and similarly if you don't like Discovery you get "but they had a gay couple, and said the f word, and the main character's a black woman" as if I'm supposed to like the show just because it's inclusive, which is annoying.

DS9 wasn't good because Sisko was black, it was good because it was good. The fact that a great sci-fi show was led by a black captain is an important thing in and of itself, but that's not what actually made the show great.

EDIT: For the record I don't like Discovery because it messes with the continuity way too much, the Klingon make-up is bad, and I find the whole spore drive thing silly. Also it doesn't have any Star Trek vibes to it, but I realise that's a personal taste thing.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I completely understand why some folks might not like STI. But not liking a Star Trek series for including diversity and pushing social boundaries is like not liking chicken for tasting like chicken. You should probably know what your getting into. It is a Star Trek series and has always been about pushing those boundaries .
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    I completely understand why some folks might not like STI. But not liking a Star Trek series for including diversity and pushing social boundaries is like not liking chicken for tasting like chicken. You should probably know what your getting into. It is a Star Trek series and has always been about pushing those boundaries .

Sorry but I? To me STI is Star Trek Insurrection. It was there first. if the name changes to become an I, then its STI2 or some such.

The new should supplement not supplant the old.

• Options
    arjuna wrote: »

Sorry but I? To me STI is Star Trek Insurrection. It was there first. if the name changes to become an I, then its STI2 or some such.

The new should supplement not supplant the old.

Wait, where does the "I" come from?

I'm confused...It's "Star Trek: Discovery". Is the second half of the season changing the name or something?

:confused:

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a play on the acronym to me. STD vs STI. Disease vs Infection. Transmitted in a specific way (The ST part...).
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    sorinev wrote: »
    Sounds like a play on the acronym to me. STD vs STI. Disease vs Infection. Transmitted in a specific way (The ST part...).

Lol, ok I approve then :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »

Bingo
  • Options

Honestly I think that's the bigger problem. If you complain about not liking Voyager or Janeway, you get called sexist (even if you're a woman apparently) and similarly if you don't like Discovery you get "but they had a gay couple, and said the f word, and the main character's a black woman" as if I'm supposed to like the show just because it's inclusive, which is annoying.

DS9 wasn't good because Sisko was black, it was good because it was good. The fact that a great sci-fi show was led by a black captain is an important thing in and of itself, but that's not what actually made the show great.

EDIT: For the record I don't like Discovery because it messes with the continuity way too much, the Klingon make-up is bad, and I find the whole spore drive thing silly. Also it doesn't have any Star Trek vibes to it, but I realise that's a personal taste thing.

Yup... the problem with SJW is exactly that... just because you don’t like Ghostbusters, you’re a misogynist. Don’t like Discovery, you’re a homophobe. Don’t like DS9, you’re a racist. Doing he whole spectrum for the sake of it just because the “cool kids” are all spouting the same thing in Hollywood is a problem because it makes it harder to do good character development and plot lines when you artificially have to shoehorn characters in to fit all the little holes.

The most aggravating part is that the SJW agenda is very narrow and selective and internally inconsistent. For example, it is clear that the Shenzhou is named after the current Chinese rocket program (think Soyuz or Apollo). It’s clear that they cast an ethnic Chinese actress (Michelle Yeoh) as Captain. Her name was supposed to be Han Bo (as it still is if you do a quick search of Discovery cast on IMBD). So why did it morph to Phillips Georgiou at the 11th hour? Where’s the SJW outcry? Cultural appropriation? Whitewashing? Nope, nothing because Asians are not part of the current SJW agenda.

Nonetheless, my misgivings about Discovery have nothing to do with SJW (although the fact everyone understands that term does clarify my semi-argument previously that this term is well known in America). My point was that that sort of pap makes it harder to write good stories and develop characters and plot lines if you constantly have to consider that stuff instead. It gets in the way. Plus not a big fan of brain eating space orcs and mushroom space drives either... I agree, it kind of creates a big hole in the Star Trek space time continuum which, as I said earlier, it will Ben interesting to see if they eventually address them.