Home The Bridge

What happened to a new honor store person?

I seem to recall DB saying that after the new year we would see a new person in the honor store. Has there been any word when?

Comments

• I remember something being announced in December that Kahless the Unforgettable will be removed from the honor hall. Any new info on this ? Should we hurry to get him if we don't have him ?
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The earliest we might get info, I expect, would be Wednesday when the event is announced. But if I had to guess, it'll be next week after the event.
  • Would be nice to have a retirement cost reduction or something.
  • DB have a big announcement tomorrow (Tuesday) so it might include new honor hall crew.
    10o73b1jpzhf.png
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember something being announced in December that Kahless the Unforgettable will be removed from the honor hall. Any new info on this ? Should we hurry to get him if we don't have him ?

They said we would have at least one week's notice before the change......

Of course, they also said the Event over Christmas weekend would run until Tuesday.......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • StygianStygian ✭✭✭
    I would hope that everyone has received the honour from their Picard swap if they have requested it BEFORE they remove Kahless - I know some people are counting on that Honour to buy the big K.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can announce new crew on Tuesday, hold the event Thur-Mon, and then swap out the crew with a server reboot the day after the event. Seems like a reasonable time to make the changes with no event, and let's them stick to the 1 week warning.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only question is if they will announce Kahless is leaving and being replaced by <cryptic clue> or if they will announce who the new crew will be.
    Stygian wrote: »
    I would hope that everyone has received the honour from their Picard swap if they have requested it BEFORE they remove Kahless - I know some people are counting on that Honour to buy the big K.

prqiyfefk8nv.png

I was all

LgTSilG.jpg

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember something being announced in December that Kahless the Unforgettable will be removed from the honor hall. Any new info on this ? Should we hurry to get him if we don't have him ?

If we line up our Airlocks you can have mine
  • Would be nice to have a retirement cost reduction or something.
    No it wouldn't. Unless your saying you never earned 100,000 honor yet.
    K2SO wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a retirement cost reduction or something.

I see what Borg is saying. But, how about the people who paid full "price" for him? Do they get a refund now?

Scott

edited January 2018

I see what Borg is saying. But, how about the people who paid full "price" for him? Do they get a refund now?

Scott

If the choices are:
    1) Old honor hall characters are no longer available

or

2) Old honor hall characters are available at a decreased value

I would prefer #2. I bought my Kahless when the Klingon mega event was announced. I've gotten a lot of use out of him and I expect he will be obsoleted one day. Discounting a card that has been available for well over 6 months is perfectly reasonable and is one reason I've been holding off on any honor purchases for a couple months now.

Personally, I would like to see them release the 2-seasons-old Gauntlet character (Locutus, once Guinan rotates) as a purchasable-via-honor.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

Do you get a rebate or refund when steak goes bogo when you bought one the previous month?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, if someone hasn't been playing for very long, they may not have earned that much honour yet.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    To clarify, games like this NEED to have the ability for new users to "catch up" or else they are stuck playing from behind. Part of this is stat-creep. Part of this is making old characters much more accessible.

Voyages, for example, have made 2/3* crew much more plentiful so filling out those starting ranks should be significantly less expensive now, even if they can only get to the first dilemma.
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Scott

Do you get a rebate or refund when steak goes bogo when you bought one the previous month?

It may be possible you read more into my post than it said.

Possibly.......

Scott

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Scott

If the choices are:

or

I would prefer #2. I bought my Kahless when the Klingon mega event was announced. I've gotten a lot of use out of him and I expect he will be obsoleted one day. Discounting a card that has been available for well over 6 months is perfectly reasonable and is one reason I've been holding off on any honor purchases for a couple months now.

Personally, I would like to see them release the 2-seasons-old Gauntlet character (Locutus, once Guinan rotates) as a purchasable-via-honor.

I personally go for option #3.
    Old characters go into a rotating section, where they're periodically available. Add a new slot or 3 to the honor hall that changes weekly, dump special characters in there, run periodic sales.
  • To clarify, games like this NEED to have the ability for new users to "catch up" or else they are stuck playing from behind. Part of this is stat-creep. Part of this is making old characters much more accessible.

Voyages, for example, have made 2/3* crew much more plentiful so filling out those starting ranks should be significantly less expensive now, even if they can only get to the first dilemma.

The only chance non-veteran users have at a gold crew are the expedition events. Zero chances for any galaxy or galaxy+something.
  • K2SO wrote: »

To be fair, if someone hasn't been playing for very long, they may not have earned that much honour yet.
    Thanks for the support.

• Oh **tsk tsk**...we are all getting a free Jazz Riker :(
  • To clarify, games like this NEED to have the ability for new users to "catch up" or else they are stuck playing from behind. Part of this is stat-creep. Part of this is making old characters much more accessible.

Newer players will obviously come with a litle disadvantage, that's why there are new crew on events, and that's why newer crew are a little more powerful than older ones, for sure old player have already invested a sum and not willing to invest much more and newer ones are the ones who are willing to pay for the game now...
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

The only chance non-veteran users have at a gold crew are the expedition events. Zero chances for any galaxy or galaxy+something.

That isn't true. I have only been playing a few months but have a number of gold chars.

I started around the time of the Discovery Mega event so have two golds that are either 4 or 5 stars. I have been able to gain a 4 star purple or two most weeks due to events and with a cron push I have managed to gain golds

Also I have had some luck with portal pulls. When I first started out I expected my only golds to come from honour pulls but that has not been the case at all
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Who is Kahless?
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Galaxy events are the easiest for newer players. All it takes is spending chrons. The items are farmable from lower level missions, so you don't even need to unlock everything.

Whether a Galaxy event is the best use of resources for a newer player is a separate discussion, but in terms of chance to earn a 5*, it's easily the most achievable.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I think Galaxy events are the easiest for newer players. All it takes is spending chrons. The items are farmable from lower level missions, so you don't even need to unlock everything.

Whether a Galaxy event is the best use of resources for a newer player is a separate discussion, but in terms of chance to earn a 5*, it's easily the most achievable.

Galaxy events guarantee a 4/4* if the top threshold is achieved. They also give out a 10x premium time portal with very little effort. They are the best for new players.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is Kahless?

The soon to be forgotten.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Who is Kahless?

The soon to be forgotten.

(soft clap)
  • K2SO wrote: »

Scott

If the choices are:
    or

This would be mirror Picard all over again! Its been available for 6+ months perhaps, but not retired for 6 months..... which means there WILL inevitable be last minute buyers who just saved up & paid 100k honor for him! Or perhaps 1 week ago. Or 2 weeks ago. The pitch-forks will undoubtedly be raised once again....