Home The Bridge

What happened to a new honor store person?

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Copper wrote: »
    K2SO wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a retirement cost reduction or something.
    No it wouldn't. Unless your saying you never earned 100,000 honor yet.

I see what Borg is saying. But, how about the people who paid full "price" for him? Do they get a refund now?

Scott

If the choices are:
    1) Old honor hall characters are no longer available
    or
    2) Old honor hall characters are available at a decreased value

I would prefer #2. I bought my Kahless when the Klingon mega event was announced. I've gotten a lot of use out of him and I expect he will be obsoleted one day. Discounting a card that has been available for well over 6 months is perfectly reasonable and is one reason I've been holding off on any honor purchases for a couple months now.

This would be mirror Picard all over again! Its been available for 6+ months perhaps, but not retired for 6 months..... which means there WILL inevitable be last minute buyers who just saved up & paid 100k honor for him! Or perhaps 1 week ago. Or 2 weeks ago. The pitch-forks will undoubtedly be raised once again....

I disagree that the circumstances would be the same. By that reasoning all sales should never happen including the 10x10.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    K2SO wrote: »
    Would be nice to have a retirement cost reduction or something.
    No it wouldn't. Unless your saying you never earned 100,000 honor yet.

I see what Borg is saying. But, how about the people who paid full "price" for him? Do they get a refund now?

Scott

If the choices are:
    1) Old honor hall characters are no longer available
    or
    2) Old honor hall characters are available at a decreased value

I would prefer #2. I bought my Kahless when the Klingon mega event was announced. I've gotten a lot of use out of him and I expect he will be obsoleted one day. Discounting a card that has been available for well over 6 months is perfectly reasonable and is one reason I've been holding off on any honor purchases for a couple months now.

This would be mirror Picard all over again! Its been available for 6+ months perhaps, but not retired for 6 months..... which means there WILL inevitable be last minute buyers who just saved up & paid 100k honor for him! Or perhaps 1 week ago. Or 2 weeks ago. The pitch-forks will undoubtedly be raised once again....

Were pitchforks raised when Merry Worf was awarded? No. What made Picard different? People had just shelled out money for a character that was never supposed to be available FFed for "free".

They are constantly "devaluing" older cards by releasing new ones. That's the inexorable tide of stat creep that keeps new characters relevant, older players playing, and gives new players a chance to compete better. Being able to obtain an older card at a discounted rate makes too much sense.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand why Kahless needs to be removed. Why can’t a new 100k crew be added without removing the old 100k crew? He disappears once you purchase him so why not leave him there indefinitely and just add new crew choices as well?

Supply and demand.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    I think the honor hall should keep Kahless and add Locutus in there for those who missed out and when Guinan leaves the gauntlet add her too

I like the idea of a one season delay before the gauntlet characters get added to the honor hall (so Guinan would go in the Hall whenever her replacement is replaced). But I DO think they should be available there.
  • [BL] Q wrote: »
    I think the honor hall should keep Kahless and add Locutus in there for those who missed out and when Guinan leaves the gauntlet add her too

Hmmm 20k gauntlet rounds is a LOT for the Locutus achievement (I'm still only about 6% of the way there), so 100k for those who can't wait, or lots and lots of gauntlet for those who are patient....makes sense to me.
  • To clarify, games like this NEED to have the ability for new users to "catch up" or else they are stuck playing from behind. Part of this is stat-creep. Part of this is making old characters much more accessible.

Voyages, for example, have made 2/3* crew much more plentiful so filling out those starting ranks should be significantly less expensive now, even if they can only get to the first dilemma.

Rex, always the voice of reason.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don’t understand why Kahless needs to be removed. Why can’t a new 100k crew be added without removing the old 100k crew? He disappears once you purchase him so why not leave him there indefinitely and just add new crew choices as well?

The same reason the Disney Vault exists for movies. Because scarcity keeps the price high and encourages buyers. Everyone that is considering buying kahless this week because he could go away is exactly why he is going away. Otherwise people wouldn't spend the honor.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    Next week Kahless will be replaced with...

Kahless.

3jg0hkk8n31g.jpg

Slim and fit Kahless.

Edit: I forgot he was of the bad guys playing for riches. If they did this now he would have been a good guy.
  • I thought this would be announced today.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting on nearly 200k honor and trying to find out who is coming and what their stats so I can do something with my honor.
    Let’s fly!
  • In my Honor Hall Kahless has not been available for more than a week, at least.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    558uxvmae8ir.png

He is still in my second account
  • 558uxvmae8ir.png

He is still in my second account

I could check online. I think I had an online account that I was messing with on the computer. I found the idea of spending money on the account in order to make it usable to be far too much to bear. But, as I say, Kahless has been gone from my honor hall for some time. I have no one there except Stargazer Picard. I should probably pick him up and max him out, just because.
    Is there any advantage to Stargazer Picard? He looked a bit of a nothing to me. Good ship stats?
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dmeadz wrote: »
    In my Honor Hall Kahless has not been available for more than a week, at least.

Did you buy him? He disappears from your Honor Hall once you purchase him

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    His only use is to
    A) Have another Picard in your collection
    2) Further up that immortal count by one, moving you ever so closer to free DIL
    III) That's it.
    Stargazer only has value if you started the game day one and saw others with it despite it being elusive because it was accidentally released. So you should only buy him if it's the point of having something you couldnt for over a year.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stargazer only has value if you started the game day one and saw others with it despite it being elusive because it was accidentally released. So you should only buy him if it's the point of having something you couldnt for over a year.

He's so damn cheap that it can just be to collect another notch.
    I was a guy who got him in the first hour lol. Picard with hair!
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

He's so damn cheap that it can just be to collect another notch.

Mine will be getting chilly the second he is Immortalized.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    @Shan
    Will Stargazer Picard be leaving the Honor Hall as well?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan
    Will Stargazer Picard be leaving the Honor Hall as well?

Good question.
    If he does, maybe that long desired 1* Janeway can take his place :P Narf !

• Stargazer Picard does no longer appear on the hall for me.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stargazer Picard does no longer appear on the hall for me.

If you've already purchased, then it goes away (one-time purchase only).
  • Another week, another lack of update. Can we please get a date for the switchover?

Heck, I'd be happy to know just the month at this point.