Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: The Vulcan Response - 02/15 - Edit Mystery Crew Revealed!

Comments

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    I'm excited for Shras!

A little bit confused as to why we are getting this number of Burnhams, though. Equally confused as to why a handful of people feel the need to remind everyone they hate Discovery and its characters every time a Discovery character comes up.

I don't hate Discovery per se I hate when they are putting Discovery in an event where it shouldn't be.

It's like if the next event mega event will be The Dominon war and instead of Sisko, Weyoun, Founder, Dukat, Admiral Ross, Sloan we get Cornwell, Burnham, Saru and Sarek.

Except that this event is explicitly a Discovery AND Andorian event. It's in the event description and we were prepped from the beginning to expect DSC crew. If you were expecting no DSC crew in an event specifically about DSC crew then perhaps you should adjust your expectations.

So no, it's more like if they decided that instead of doing a Dominion War event, they did a "Discovery at war with the Dominion" event.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what "Prospect Michael Burnham" would look like? I'm struggling to figure out what they're referencing...

I hope Ambassador Shras turns out well (and is threshold) :)

I bet she's the sparring partner for kung-fu Sarak *mystery 5 star*.
    Grant77 wrote: »
    Words can't express how disappointed I will be if Archer, the main protagonist in this conflict, does not appear in this event.

I agree. I'm hoping that since the last even references the founders (presumably of the Federation), we'll get Archer coming in and being all "Who made this big mess??" and then clean everything up.

Also we should really get a Tellarite.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • EIther the 500th crew or the new Honor hall crew will be T'Pau. And/or Surak. My guess...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here I am hoping that Prospect Burnham is lookin for Gold in Californy!
    Pallidyne wrote: »

That was my first thought. :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neems wrote: »
    I'm excited for Shras!

A little bit confused as to why we are getting this number of Burnhams, though. Equally confused as to why a handful of people feel the need to remind everyone they hate Discovery and its characters every time a Discovery character comes up.

I don't hate Discovery per se I hate when they are putting Discovery in an event where it shouldn't be.

It's like if the next event mega event will be The Dominon war and instead of Sisko, Weyoun, Founder, Dukat, Admiral Ross, Sloan we get Cornwell, Burnham, Saru and Sarek.

Except that this event is explicitly a Discovery AND Andorian event. It's in the event description and we were prepped from the beginning to expect DSC crew. If you were expecting no DSC crew in an event specifically about DSC crew then perhaps you should adjust your expectations.

So no, it's more like if they decided that instead of doing a Dominion War event, they did a "Discovery at war with the Dominion" event.

I was tolerating it when we got 1 ENT crew per event in the first it was Tarah, in the second it was Shran and now if the 500th crew isn't T'Pau or V'Las instead of Sarek there will be no ENT crew in the ENT era event.
  • Riker will not be able to keep himself away from such a momentous occasion.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Vulcan Response
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy
    Event Crew: Prospect Michael Burnham 4* (New), Ambassador Shras 4* (New), and our 500th crew! 5* (New)
    Event Dates: Thursday 02/15 until Monday 02/19

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Prisoner Katrina Cornwell 5* (Existing)

That right there is why people complain.
    When will the 500th crew be announced so we know if there are variants we can be working on?

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Is there another character coming out we don't know about?
    currently we're at 496, + these 3 makes it 499 not 500.

I know we all question DB's math sometimes, but...

Why does this make me think of an episode of "How I Met Your Mudder", and Barney's maths on his list?!?!?

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • (OPA) Major Herps(OPA) Major Herps ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Any idea what "Prospect Michael Burnham" would look like? I'm struggling to figure out what they're referencing...

I hope Ambassador Shras turns out well (and is threshold) :)

636415455212059550-110387-1208b.JPG

This would be my guess.
    Okay. Wait. Didn't the post in the Update area say that we would all get a FREE 500th Crew? So, everyone is getting a free 5* from the Event next week?!?!?

=======================

Greetings, Captains!

Next week, STAR TREK TIMELINES is celebrating the release of our 500th crew!

It's been an amazing journey traveling the universe with these heroes and villains, and we want to thank you for being part of the adventure.

Join us in this celebration:
    • with the addition of 5 free crew slots for everyone today.
    • by welcoming an all-new, free character to fill one of those crew slots next week.....

We’d love it if you took the time to share with us your guesses on who next week’s 500th crew member will be.

Live long and prosper!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team

================

Unless the "free" character is NOT the 500th? Kind of odd to mention it in that post, though, if not......

Scott

• Okay. Wait. Didn't the post in the Update area say that we would all get a FREE 500th Crew? So, everyone is getting a free 5* from the Event next week?!?!?

=======================

Greetings, Captains!

It's been an amazing journey traveling the universe with these heroes and villains, and we want to thank you for being part of the adventure.

• by welcoming an all-new, free character to fill one of those crew slots next week.....

We’d love it if you took the time to share with us your guesses on who next week’s 500th crew member will be.

Live long and prosper!

================

Unless the "free" character is NOT the 500th? Kind of odd to mention it in that post, though, if not......

Scott

Yeah it's still a toss-up! It looks like the 500th character may actually be the Kung Fu Sarek and we will all get a free copy maybe? They haven't flat out said so though
    Okay. Wait. Didn't the post in the Update area say that we would all get a FREE 500th Crew? So, everyone is getting a free 5* from the Event next week?!?!?

=======================

Greetings, Captains!

Live long and prosper!

================

Scott

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they mean. We'll get a free event 5*.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

=======================

Greetings, Captains!

Live long and prosper!

================

Scott

Yes. This will probably work exactly like the anniversary event. Everyone gets a free copy of the crew via message and then you can rank in the event for more copies.
    I hoe we are reading it right, especially if it is a good Vulcan we have been clamoring for. {I'm guessing Vulcan from the Event Name.}

Scott

• Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there another character coming out we don't know about?
    currently we're at 496, + these 3 makes it 499 not 500.

I know we all question DB's math sometimes, but...

Don't forget, they normally introduce a new Limited Time crew pack with a single new crew every Tuesday. That's the day before the event which then makes the event legendary # 500

• KarthonKarthon ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Could she be there with TNG Mark Twain?

• Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hoe we are reading it right, especially if it is a good Vulcan we have been clamoring for. {I'm guessing Vulcan from the Event Name.}

Scott

100 Quatloos we be getting Kung Fu Sarek...

51888x9xwdqm.jpeg
  • My guess for the 500th would be Katra Archer! It would satisfy people who want Archer, people who want an Enterprise crew, somewhat satisfy people who want Surak (because it’s his katra), and he would have the Vulcan trait satisfying the “Vulcan Response”.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cool with new Disco crew. I like Burnham. But I do feel that it's time to start spreading the love a little. In particular, I'd really like a Culber, Lorca, and Tilly who aren't 5*'s and a Stamets with ENG.

Also, I think instead of "DB is imposing DIS on us!", it's healthier to view this mega-event as "DB is using Disco to appeal to new players whose infusion is integral to the growth of this game we want to keep playing". If you look at "Ghosts of the Past" from the perspective of new fans drawn here by Disco, what have they had so far? Recognizable main cast crew they surely want to have, for one thing. And also, they've seen an Andorian. This mega-event has introduced them to Shran and Tarah from ENT, Thelin from TAS, and next week, Shras from TOS. Don't we want newcomers to become intrigued about the older stuff the rest of us established fans have loved for years and want to see embraced by others?

sounds like a very good reason to have this guy:

Andorian_admiral_2286.jpg

and this guy

2.jpg?w=584
    das411 wrote: »
    I'm cool with new Disco crew. I like Burnham. But I do feel that it's time to start spreading the love a little. In particular, I'd really like a Culber, Lorca, and Tilly who aren't 5*'s and a Stamets with ENG.

Also, I think instead of "DB is imposing DIS on us!", it's healthier to view this mega-event as "DB is using Disco to appeal to new players whose infusion is integral to the growth of this game we want to keep playing". If you look at "Ghosts of the Past" from the perspective of new fans drawn here by Disco, what have they had so far? Recognizable main cast crew they surely want to have, for one thing. And also, they've seen an Andorian. This mega-event has introduced them to Shran and Tarah from ENT, Thelin from TAS, and next week, Shras from TOS. Don't we want newcomers to become intrigued about the older stuff the rest of us established fans have loved for years and want to see embraced by others?

and this guy

2.jpg?w=584

Ah, yes. The Andorian from TMP who is apparently in Hemorrhagic Shock.......

Scott

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Would be funny if prospect burnham was prospecting gold in the old west. Clearly the 500th crew member is a vulcan as this week's event is called "Vulcan Response." It should be someone other than Sarek though.
    Let’s fly!
  • When will the 500th crew be announced so we know if there are variants we can be working on?

If my prediction is correct, Sarek will be the 500th crewmember... so you won’t have to worry about varients as he is already included in the mega-event bonus crew.

And it could be a reason why they are not concerned about queries such as yours... though I am giving DB a lot of credit where perhaps it ain’t earned.
    When will the 500th crew be announced so we know if there are variants we can be working on?

If my prediction is correct, Sarek will be the 500th crewmember... so you won’t have to worry about varients as he is already included in the mega-event bonus crew.

And it could be a reason why they are not concerned about queries such as yours... though I am giving DB a lot of credit where perhaps it ain’t earned.

There is a version of Sarek though that isn't DSC.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor