Home The Bridge

Key information about the week event: Consolation Prize - 03/08 - Updated

Comments

• Grant77 wrote: »
    Decent art on the Pulaski. I'll be tickled pink if she is the threshold. We already got Hippocrates Noah fairly recently, so give us a reason to participate in a galaxy.

I'll be calling her 'Missy' Pulaski and imagining her with that sardonic British accent.

cu1ala52u8xw.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is galaxy events require spending enough resources, that you really don't want to do it for nothing. If there are 3 new characters that I want I will burn my resources to rank under 1k and get all 3. But it's a lot of wasted effort to climb all the way past threshold rewards earning nothing but honor, to then fight for rank for a 4*. And if the rank is a repeat I have, then I will play threshold, but don't want to burn everything to go past a 4* I have for a shot at a 5*. A galaxy event needs 3 new characters, the threshold reward on faction events is where DB should be putting the repeats.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The problem is galaxy events require spending enough resources, that you really don't want to do it for nothing. If there are 3 new characters that I want I will burn my resources to rank under 1k and get all 3. But it's a lot of wasted effort to climb all the way past threshold rewards earning nothing but honor, to then fight for rank for a 4*. And if the rank is a repeat I have, then I will play threshold, but don't want to burn everything to go past a 4* I have for a shot at a 5*. A galaxy event needs 3 new characters, the threshold reward on faction events is where DB should be putting the repeats.
    On other hand it's Galaxy where you do not want to fast-level Threshold and in Faction it's most sensible action.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The art does look good... Need to see stats on Neelix before I decide if this event is worth it or not.... I'm somewhat interested but he'd have to have useful stats and besides Diplomacy I'm not sure what they'd give that character.

Thinking about what this character was in the "Killing Game" all he did was smuggle messages and sweet talk the Nazi's if he was taken in. What else could he have besides DIP?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    The art does look good... Need to see stats on Neelix before I decide if this event is worth it or not.... I'm somewhat interested but he'd have to have useful stats and besides Diplomacy I'm not sure what they'd give that character.

Thinking about what this character was in the "Killing Game" all he did was smuggle messages and sweet talk the Nazi's if he was taken in. What else could he have besides DIP?

Maybe SEC? Didn't he have a run-in at some point with the SS? I think it mainly involved him running away, but it'd be enough of an excuse I guess.

Otherwise they might give him something random like ENG because he had to theoretically fix his bicycle every once and a while or something.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • The art is really improving lately! Neelix looks spot on, and the level of detail on Pulaski's outfit really does the lush, Victorian look justice. If they made this character with the subpar art of a few months ago, it would have been a trainwreck.

I think it's progress if I'm now actually considering keeping a character because I like the art so much, despite being "meh" on the character.

I'm with you on this one! The artwork this week is SO much better than some of the recent releases. Thank you DB. I was actually teetering on this event, but I may just push because of how good the characters look. Of course, if their stats are terribad then that may shift the scale back...
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering he ran from a gunfight, had to be saved by Seven and then got shot in the back anyways, they should give him negative SEC/CMD. Probably MED since he was couriering "nothing but the very essentials of life".
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering he ran from a gunfight, had to be saved by Seven and then got shot in the back anyways, they should give him negative SEC/CMD. Probably MED since he was couriering "nothing but the very essentials of life".

Maybe they'll just do diplomacy only with like a 1200 DIP roll... I'd be interested in that haha
  • Fantastic art!

I wish I enjoyed Galaxy events more; if I did I'd take a run at that Neelix.
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭

Maybe they'll just do diplomacy only with like a 1200 DIP roll... I'd be interested in that haha

Just the two skills, sadly. I'm not sure whether to go for him or not now.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    OMG! Pulaski is Threshold! Thank you DB!

EDIT: ... Pulaski and Neelix are both 2 skills.... Dang!

EDIT2: At least Pulaski has some insane DIP!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neelix security? He runs away from guns and gets shot in the back.
  • Really, superb artwork this time. Seeing Pulaski and Neelix next to Hippocrates Noah really exemplifies the difference.

Just a shame for me that Pulaski is the reward, not Hippocrates.
  • edited March 2018
    DB added in the event pack, but took out the other two that were only released yesterday! Oops! @Shan @Black Pebble
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I thought 900 DIP with a non-existant proficiency roll was kind of lame. To each their own I guess
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear DB,

If you lop a couple hundred points off of Baguette Delivery Man's SEC for some ENG, I will try hard in this event.

Otherwise its 130K and out this weekend.

Kthxbai
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Yateball wrote: »

Hmm, I thought 900 DIP with a non-existant proficiency roll was kind of lame. To each their own I guess

Isn't it 986 base? Decent for a SR
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Decent as in the top base DIP in the game for a 4*.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfused stats

Resistance Neelix
    FE 1/5 level 100
    DIP 764 (230-570), SEC 606 (188-381)

Victorian Pulaski
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 742 (46-111), MED 386 (138-321)

Dr Hippocrates Noah
    FE 1/4 level 100
    DIP 233 (82-174), SCI 457 (155-333), MED 343 (104-349)

Away Team Neelix
    FE 1/2 level 100
    DIP 158 (77-240), ENG 307 (24-80), SCI 121 (7-31)
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Spocky wrote: »
    Really, superb artwork this time. Seeing Pulaski and Neelix next to Hippocrates Noah really exemplifies the difference.

He’s the community reward...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    UnkieB wrote: »

True, I guess I just don't like the 46-111 roll. I personally have enough Diplomacy 5*'s that the roll is really all that grabs me on some 4*'s. Like I said though, that's just me, it's sweet that others are happy
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well... *sigh* Another two-skill Dip... and like Marla I can't just freeze her, too good for shuttles in my crew. Can't even freeze Marla, hundred dip difference between her and 4th (soon to be 5th) Dip is too much.

Painful, but that's kinda good pain - high Dip character is good even at 2 skills.
    UnkieB wrote: »

True, I guess I just don't like the 46-111 roll. I personally have enough Diplomacy 5*'s that the roll is really all that grabs me on some 4*'s. Like I said though, that's just me, it's sweet that others are happy

Oh no, I understand completely, and I'm in the same boat. I'm just glad she's not another 2 skill SR with base stats in the 700 / 600 range
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3 skilled 2* Neelix is pretty cool, if only he were female (weird) or starfleet...
    The 3 skilled 2* Neelix is pretty cool, if only he were female (weird) or starfleet...

I know right! He's gonna be a level and vault unfortunately. Cool card though
  • SpockySpocky ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Spocky wrote: »
    Really, superb artwork this time. Seeing Pulaski and Neelix next to Hippocrates Noah really exemplifies the difference.

He’s the community reward...
    That only gets him to 2 stars for me.

Though, I suppose a 2 star and a 4 star is better than a 4 star, a 1 star and 200 honour.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The great artwork of Neelix made me change my mind and i bought the packs. Yes hes not my favorite crew, but i luv Voyager and the artwork is excellent. Enough reasons for me to spent some money. Well Done DB. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

I did just make a request for Alixia, so maybe one day :P

I don't mind any free 2* though, it's a quick immortal and now helps with collections too.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor