Home The Bridge

Key information about the week event: Consolation Prize - 03/08 - Updated

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    Well... *sigh* Another two-skill Dip... and like Marla I can't just freeze her, too good for shuttles in my crew. Can't even freeze Marla, hundred dip difference between her and 4th (soon to be 5th) Dip is too much.

Painful, but that's kinda good pain - high Dip character is good even at 2 skills.

Just do it. I've frozen Marla, K'lehyr and I'll do it to Pulaski too. Last faction event I used my best DIP (Kang 3/5) maybe once a day. Losing a 100 points off of a stat for a non-bonus character won't hurt you. My best two 4* DIP's are Tourist Quark and Ambassador Sarek because they're both valuable Voyage characters. They get regular use.

At least Pulaski might get some use in the future since she was main cast for a season.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Well... *sigh* Another two-skill Dip... and like Marla I can't just freeze her, too good for shuttles in my crew. Can't even freeze Marla, hundred dip difference between her and 4th (soon to be 5th) Dip is too much.

Painful, but that's kinda good pain - high Dip character is good even at 2 skills.

Just do it. I've frozen Marla, K'lehyr and I'll do it to Pulaski too. Last faction event I used my best DIP (Kang 3/5) maybe once a day. Losing a 100 points off of a stat for a non-bonus character won't hurt you. My best two 4* DIP's are Tourist Quark and Ambassador Sarek because they're both valuable Voyage characters. They get regular use.

At least Pulaski might get some use in the future since she was main cast for a season.

I froze Marla once I got Shras. I plan on freezing Pulaski as well. Between Shras, Guinan and Cornwell I see no real need for Pulaski.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭

I'm more worried about being able to run Voyage AND Shuttles on non-event days. Especially as Voyages tend to **tsk tsk** dry best from two skills and you need to compensate with somebody. Marla is one of such compensation characters usually dragging shuttle on her dip. Though, yes, it's likely that either she or Pulaski will end in Freezer anyway. Better than spend 18k on Horta.
  • Yateball wrote: »
    The 3 skilled 2* Neelix is pretty cool, if only he were female (weird) or starfleet...

I know right! He's gonna be a level and vault unfortunately. Cool card though

One idea to fix this would be to adjust both Tuesday and Thursday to all alien, mixed gender day. Having both men and women on the ship two days would make Neelix plus the other alien men seem a little more valuable. Right now, spending the resources to vault them and never see them again. feels like a waste.

I'm more worried about being able to run Voyage AND Shuttles on non-event days. Especially as Voyages tend to *chocolate cronut* dry best from two skills and you need to compensate with somebody. Marla is one of such compensation characters usually dragging shuttle on her dip. Though, yes, it's likely that either she or Pulaski will end in Freezer anyway. Better than spend 18k on Horta.

Well non-event shuttles are self-correcting in difficulty. The more you succeed, the more likely you are to fail later. I guess if your crew selection is smaller you'll probably need extra to pad out DIP voyages. Eventually you'll hit a point where its either keeping a high base 4* for shuttles or keeping a lower base 1/5 who'll have a lot more potential later. That's why I vault all of my high base 4*'s unless they have something else useful about them. Currently only Mirror Phlox and Tuskegee Mayweather fit that description.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Pulaski's stats are pretty awesome. I'll definitely be keeping her on my roster for faction events.

Thanks for putting her as threshold DB!!

• al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Well non-event shuttles are self-correcting in difficulty.
    Which have a cap. And I am at that cap. It's choice between 50% shuttles that naturally fail half the time and about shuttles that 3/4 succeeding.
  • Seriously? DB had a perfectly good opportunity to give us all a high MED character in Pulaski, makes her a DIP-heavy character instead...waste! Don't you THINK, even just a bit, that you've leaned a bit heavily on the DIP characters, DB?
  • You gave Neelix a science stat? I mean he's a chef and all but scientist seems a bit beyond.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • You gave Neelix a science stat? I mean he's a chef and all but scientist seems a bit beyond.

He dabbles with Engineering and Science in the series. It makes sense that he was given a SCI stat.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
    You gave Neelix a science stat? I mean he's a chef and all but scientist seems a bit beyond.

He dabbles with Engineering and Science in the series. It makes sense that he was given a SCI stat.

He dabbles with literally everything in the show. We could theoretically get "cooking home remedy" Neelix with MED :P

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor

He dabbles with literally everything in the show. We could theoretically get "cooking home remedy" Neelix with MED :P

I am sure DB has its mind set on something like that, and I would not mind having one of him with MED! :p I am still waiting for a Janeway to appear with MED as a caregiver figure; on multiple occasions she stepped into the role of "mother" to help both crew and strangers.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Leola Root Ointment Neelix, from Tsunkatse

erac5xowqlnz.jpg
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gave Neelix a science stat? I mean he's a chef and all but scientist seems a bit beyond.

Incoming sunburn-ointment Neelix?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Who would do that?

Good coffee is medical technology at its finest.
    latest?cb=20070611075417&path-prefix=en

As someone who is currently drinking their third cup of coffee today, I wholeheartedly concur.
    Dralix wrote: »

Leola Root Ointment Neelix, from Tsunkatse

erac5xowqlnz.jpg

Yes, exactly what I was thinking of!

It's coming.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Who would do that?

lol I commented with the sunburn comment without refreshing and even seeing you went to the same place... tip of the cap to you sir
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

What does good coffee have to do with Neelix?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, a new 2* for the lower Threshold. Always like that. {Didn't we get Seven in Blue like 3 out of 4 weeks during the Borg Mega-Event?}

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."

He is uniquely unable to make it.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, DB has finally got a really good artwork and we I was excited about a new MED characther...and then it turns out that she is a DIP primary just a few weeks after Ambassador Shras.
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Seems like DB finally got some sign-off from Diana Muldaur with the influx of Pulaski's...
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong Dip characters we got in the last month

Celebratory Ash Tyler
    Ambassador Shras
    Cornwell as 4/5 has over 1000 dip
    Bajoran Dukat

And now Pulaski.

But like any good mad scientist, he kept on trying. Of course, his coffee might be great and Janeway was just being fussy.

But like any good mad scientist, he kept on trying. Of course, his coffee might be great and Janeway was just being fussy.

This is also possible, since no one else seemed to try it.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to offer some props for the quality of the art on the two new characters being introduced this week. They look fantastic!
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really love the look of all the crew in this event. Neelix is one of my favourite characters, and Noah was supreme. While Pulaski annoyed me a bit, she does look rather outstanding and that high dip / med combo is rather unusual in super-rares (although somewhat unexpected I'll admit).

Mostly I grab sec or dip characters if I don't have to work hard because seriously, we've had dozens in the last six months. Missing out on a med primary is quite odd in this case, but I'm getting used to DB giving engineers a security primary and Med crew diplomacy. It's kind of what they do to keep those crew special (and keep the money flowing).

I don't know how much time I'll have to participate but at least it's a very cool event, and thanks DB for the artwork. I do like it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Victorian Pulaski looks terrific. Kudos to the art staff.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    No comments about Pulaski's opening line in the event?
    "This madman Hippocrates Noah-who is not a doctor..."
    Back to the old DB "Doctor" trait discussion. ;)