Home The Bridge

Key information about the week event: Consolation Prize - 03/08 - Updated

Comments

• Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Consolation Prize
    Event Type: Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: Resistance Neelix 5* (New), Victorian Pulaski 4* (New), and Dr. Hippocrates Noah 4* (Existing)
    Event Start: Thursday, 03/08 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)
    Event End: Monday, 03/12 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)

Well, hopefully Pulaski has decent MED stats and is the threshold character. Noah kind of stinks...

Noahs strength is his Sci with MED being secondary. He's not bad. Not as good as Discovery Crew or Jadzias, but not bad.

I'd prefer a character with a more pronounced main trait. Give me Pulaski with an 870 MED base, plus a halfway decent MED modifier, put her in the threshold, and I'll be happy.

That's the only way I'm participating at all. I never liked Pulaski, and I can't be bothered to go through the torture of getting a 5* in a galaxy, especially for a hedgehog.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    :-( spent all my crons

So did I and very intentionally. I leveled a lot of crew rather than feed the black hole known as galaxy events 😄

• Pallidyne wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: Consolation Prize
    Event Type: Galaxy Event
    Event Crew: Resistance Neelix 5* (New), Victorian Pulaski 4* (New), and Dr. Hippocrates Noah 4* (Existing)
    Event Start: Thursday, 03/08 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)
    Event End: Monday, 03/12 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)

Well, hopefully Pulaski has decent MED stats and is the threshold character. Noah kind of stinks...

Noahs strength is his Sci with MED being secondary. He's not bad. Not as good as Discovery Crew or Jadzias, but not bad.

I'd prefer a character with a more pronounced main trait. Give me Pulaski with an 870 MED base, plus a halfway decent MED modifier, put her in the threshold, and I'll be happy.

That's the only way I'm participating at all. I never liked Pulaski, and I can't be bothered to go through the torture of getting a 5* in a galaxy, especially for a hedgehog.

Same here...I will definitely spend the cronitons to get a high 4* MED character in the threshold, but not gonna go crazy otherwise...
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY! Pulaski gets some picard-darn love!

I've wanted this version of Kath forever! I will be trying hard at this one. I just hope Pulaski is the threshold, because I hate galaxy tap-tap-tap-tap.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is going to be the sixth Neelix in the game. It's a crime that we have more versions of Neelix than Chekov, Garak, Dukat, Quark, Scotty, and Uhura. Also somebody REALLY likes the Killing Game, this will be what, the 8th or 9th character from that episode?

It is a bit premature to act as if this version of Neelix for sure comes from The Killing Game. I for one am hoping it's Asteroid Talaxians Neelix.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy to have a holodeck Pulaski to hang out with my holodeck Crusher.
  • You can never go wrong with giving us lots of range of characters from all treks.

Yes! This! Any time a normal event has multiple characters from the same series it is a wasted opportunity. Don't give us DISC, DISC, DISC. Give us TNG, VOY, DS9 or give us ENT, DISC, TOS. Good job, I say always mix it up.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love a bit of Neelix. I for one, am very much looking forward to this event
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I'd love for Pulaski to be the Threshold. That episode is probably my favorite featuring her.
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    They've probably got enough characters now with the addition of Pulaski to warrant an Elementary Dear Data collection. All they could add at this point would be Lestrade, or maybe Countess Regina Bartholomew for a general Holmes-universe collection.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • They've probably got enough characters now with the addition of Pulaski to warrant an Elementary Dear Data collection. All they could add at this point would be Lestrade, or maybe Countess Regina Bartholomew for a general Holmes-universe collection.
    While I love the episode and the crew we have from it. 4 crew hardly seems enough for a collection. When we have these we can talk

elementary5.jpg?resize=490%2C374&type=vertical

holmes+and+picard.jpg

02a-2.jpg

02a-4.jpg

latest?cb=20140702004237&path-prefix=en
    Sincerely,

Lilac Erosion

7TH Tactical Wing

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license
    -Lord Wizzlestix IT
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've probably got enough characters now with the addition of Pulaski to warrant an Elementary Dear Data collection. All they could add at this point would be Lestrade, or maybe Countess Regina Bartholomew for a general Holmes-universe collection.

5* Detective Data
    5* The Professor
    4* Doctor La Forge
    4* Victorian Pulaski

When a collection consists of only four crew and half of them are 5*'s, I don't see a point in making that a collection. The Wild West collection similarly baffles me.

I do, however, think it'd be neat to have a catch-all 19th Century collection:

5* Age of Sail Crusher
    4* Age of Sail La Forge
    5* Age of Sail Riker
    4* Claiborne Chekov
    5* Detective Data
    4* Doctor La Forge
    5* Durango Troi
    5* Frank Hollander
    4* North Star Archer
    5* North Star Tucker
    4* Sheriff Worf
    5* The Professor
    4* Victorian Pulaski

Plenty of room in this collection for "Time's Arrow" later, too.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have Noah so I would be happy with either him or Pulaski as the threshold.
    JohnDH wrote: »
    You can never go wrong with giving us lots of range of characters from all treks.

Yes! This! Any time a normal event has multiple characters from the same series it is a wasted opportunity. Don't give us DISC, DISC, DISC. Give us TNG, VOY, DS9 or give us ENT, DISC, TOS. Good job, I say always mix it up.

I know the perception is that Disco has hogged a lot of events all to itself, but there still has not been one event with only Disco crew. There have, however, been the following events with a featured crew from only one series. Several of these aren't even just taken from one series, but a specific episode or movie.

TOS
    "Blood and Circuses" (Mirror Kirk, Mirror Spock, Mirror Uhura)
    "Season of Love" (Kal-if-fee Kirk, Kal-if-fee Spock)
    "Blood and Circuses 2" (Mirror Kirk, Mirror Spock, Mirror Uhura)

TNG
    "The Game's Afoot" (Detective Data, Doctor La Forge)
    "Ribbon of Joy" (Age of Sail Crusher, Dr. Tolian Soran)
    "Dictators, Unite!" (Interfaced Barclay, Frank Hollander, Mirror K'Ehleyr)
    "The Game's Afoot 2" (The Professor, Detective Data, Doctor La Forge)
    "Endgame" (The Traveler, Captain Q, Lieutenant Wesley Crusher)
    "The Falcon Falls" (Mintakan Riker, Commander Sela, Ambassador Spock)

DS9
    "The Trouble with Klingons" (1701 Sisko, 1701 Jadzia Dax)
    "The Trouble with Klingons 2" (23rd Century Martok, 1701 Sisko, 1701 Jadzia Dax)
    "Holograms Are Forever" (Jazz Musician Odo; Bashir, Julian Bashir; Waitress Ezri)
    "Rule 125" (Captain Nog, Klingon Quark, Pel)

VOY
    "They Came from the Holodeck!" (Arachnia Janeway, Captain Proton Paris)
    "They Came from the Holodeck! 2" (Doctor Chaotica, Arachnia Janeway, Captain Proton Paris)
    "Quadrilateral" (Captain La Forge, Rogue Harry Kim)
    "Quadrilateral 2" (Captain La Forge, Kurros, Rogue Harry Kim)
    "They Came from the Holodeck! 3" (Arachnia Janeway, Doctor Chaotica, Captain Proton Paris, The President of Earth)

"The Trouble with Klingons" - "Trials and Tribble-ations"
    "The Game's Afoot" - "Elementary, Dear Data"
    "Ribbon of Joy" - Star Trek Generations
    "Blood and Circuses" - "Mirror, Mirror"
    "Season of Love" - "Amok Time"
    "They Came from the Holodeck!" - "Bride of Chaotica"
    "Quadrilateral" - "Timeless"
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You can never go wrong with giving us lots of range of characters from all treks.

I know the perception is that Disco has hogged a lot of events all to itself, but there still has not been one event with only Disco crew. There have, however, been the following events with a featured crew from only one series. Several of these aren't even just taken from one series, but a specific episode or movie.

TOS

TNG

DS9
    "The Trouble with Klingons 2" (23rd Century Martok, 1701 Sisko, 1701 Jadzia Dax)
    "Holograms Are Forever" (Jazz Musician Odo; Bashir, Julian Bashir; Waitress Ezri)

VOY
    "They Came from the Holodeck! 2" (Doctor Chaotica, Arachnia Janeway, Captain Proton Paris)
    "They Came from the Holodeck! 3" (Arachnia Janeway, Doctor Chaotica, Captain Proton Paris, The President of Earth)

Agreed. I don't think it's unreasonable let alone surprising they covered Discovery well on its inauguration. In fact, they did an awesome job in getting the rights and bringing out the new characters so quickly. Excellent job DB!

Also, with DB expected to 'mix things up' we can expect to see a new Disco crew every so often til the next series comes up. Probably the characters we haven't seen yet, at a guess. The rest of the bridge crew, and maybe a couple of those we aren't likely to see again.

The best thing to do is pressure DB to do those characters so they don't fall back on Burnham as default, since she seems to be quite triggering for some of the players on this forum, for some reason.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • JohnDH wrote: »

TOS

TNG

DS9

VOY

Agreed. I don't think it's unreasonable let alone surprising they covered Discovery well on its inauguration. In fact, they did an awesome job in getting the rights and bringing out the new characters so quickly. Excellent job DB!

Also, with DB expected to 'mix things up' we can expect to see a new Disco crew every so often til the next series comes up. Probably the characters we haven't seen yet, at a guess. The rest of the bridge crew, and maybe a couple of those we aren't likely to see again.

The best thing to do is pressure DB to do those characters so they don't fall back on Burnham as default, since she seems to be quite triggering for some of the players on this forum, for some reason.

I don't think "triggering" is a fair terminology. It's just that they overdid it, with Burnham, just a bit. As you point out, they could have put forward a number of other characters, but they pushed-out 6 versions of the character in such a short period of time. I like the character, and I use a couple versions of her regularly...but hope they lean on new options moving forward.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

TOS

TNG

DS9

VOY

I don't think "triggering" is a fair terminology. It's just that they overdid it, with Burnham, just a bit. As you point out, they could have put forward a number of other characters, but they pushed-out 6 versions of the character in such a short period of time. I like the character, and I use a couple versions of her regularly...but hope they lean on new options moving forward.

This has not been limited to Discovery, on either DBs part nor Forum reception.

RIker-a-palooza was in early 2017 when we had 4 Rikers in small space of time. Saturation is possible and frankly is something either mis-gagued by Product Management or just poorly planned. And folks, even fans of Frakes/Riker had the pitchforks out.

I had hoped they had learned from the first rodeo.
    edited March 2018
    While I love the episode and the crew we have from it. 4 crew hardly seems enough for a collection. When we have these we can talk

elementary5.jpg?resize=490%2C374&type=vertical

holmes+and+picard.jpg

I stand corrected. I forgot that Picard and Worf dressed for the period too. The other two though I'm not sure are memorable enough. They weren't even guest stars, just walk-ons really.
    When a collection consists of only four crew and half of them are 5*'s, I don't see a point in making that a collection. The Wild West collection similarly baffles me.

I merely suggested it in light of the existing Wild West one. No foul intended.

What do you think as regards possible Qpid, Our Man Bashir or Badda Bing Badda Bang collections? Would they be too small too? I'm open to your catch-all idea :)
  • Another Galaxy event, getting extremely repetitive now. Maybe time for a new style of weekend event or throw in an under appreciated Expedition event now and again.
    Mixed feelings about crew but hey, can't please everyone.
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Another Galaxy event, getting extremely repetitive now. Maybe time for a new style of weekend event or throw in an under appreciated Expedition event now and again.
    Mixed feelings about crew but hey, can't please everyone.

I personally enjoy galaxy events far more than the faction events, which are long-winded and boring. It seems to me as though they simply alternate, for the most part, with an occasional expedition (which is also somewhat long-winded and boring) thrown it, which is fine by me for a bit of a pace change. Anyway, I like galaxy events the best.

It's a perfectly legit suggestion to make, and it's not like I'm some arbiter of what should or shouldn't be implemented anyway.
    What do you think as regards possible Qpid, Our Man Bashir or Badda Bing Badda Bang collections? Would they be too small too? I'm open to your catch-all idea :)

In theory, they could be a lot of fun. Here's what we currently have for each of them:

"Qpid"
    4* Robin Hood
    5* Will Scarlett
    4* Friar Tuck Data
    5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q
    3* Expedition Vash

[Obviously, the real point of this would be the Robin Hood reenactment and not the entire episode, so "Expedition Vash" would likely be excluded, but thought I'd mention her.]

"Our Man Bashir"
    4* Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    4* Duchamps
    5* Honey Bare Jadzia
    5* Falcon O'Brien
    5* Bashir, Julian Bashir
    4* Anastasia Komananov
    5* Garak, Elim Garak

"Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang"
    4* Waitress Ezri
    4* Vic Fontaine

The ratio of 5*:4* in "Our Man Bashir" is way too high for my personal liking. It'd be out of reach for the vast majority of players. If it did become a collection, the rewards would have to be sufficiently valuable to payoff the kind of investment it would take to earn while also not making me personally jealous and resentful. ;)

Plenty of room for a bunch of others in the "Qpid" and "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" collections, though!
    edited March 2018
    We could expand the Badda-Bing collection maybe to a general Vic's Lounge collection and include people like Jazz Pianist Odo, Paper Moon Nog and Lola Chrystal.
  • Pulaski, my favorite doctor! Can't wait!
  • For those wondering...

BONUS CREW

NEELIX
    3* Ambassador Neelix
    1* Chef Neelix
    4* Grand Proxy Neelix
    4* Klingon Neelix
    4* Tuvix

PULASKI
    3* CMO Pulaski

SISKO
    5* 1701 Sisko
    5* Benny Russell
    5* Captain Sisko
    4* Gabriel Bell
    4* Mirror Sisko
    5* Niners Sisko
    2* Promoted Sisko

EXISTING 2* THRESHOLD
    Promoted Sisko (featured in six previous event thresholds)

EXISTING 3* RANK
    Ambassador Neelix (featured in two previous event thresholds)
    CMO Pulaski

As for me personally, I just need one star to immortalized Dr. Hippocrates Noah, and the community rewards will guarantee that. If Victorian Pulaski is the threshold reward, then I'll go for her. If she's the rank reward, I'll craft just enough to be eligible for that last star on Noah and return to working on my backlog.

I'd love this to be of the events where they sneak in a new 3*. Something like an early DS9 Commander Sisko.
  • Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    Speaking of events, it would be nice if DB can give us a "Fistful of Data" or a "Many Faces of Quark" event.

Here's hoping...
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a perfectly legit suggestion to make, and it's not like I'm some arbiter of what should or shouldn't be implemented anyway.

In theory, they could be a lot of fun. Here's what we currently have for each of them:

"Qpid"
    4* Robin Hood
    5* Will Scarlett
    4* Friar Tuck Data
    5* Sheriff of Nottingham Q
    3* Expedition Vash

[Obviously, the real point of this would be the Robin Hood reenactment and not the entire episode, so "Expedition Vash" would likely be excluded, but thought I'd mention her.]

"Our Man Bashir"
    4* Dr. Hippocrates Noah
    4* Duchamps
    5* Honey Bare Jadzia
    5* Falcon O'Brien
    5* Bashir, Julian Bashir
    4* Anastasia Komananov
    5* Garak, Elim Garak

"Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang"
    4* Waitress Ezri
    4* Vic Fontaine

The ratio of 5*:4* in "Our Man Bashir" is way too high for my personal liking. It'd be out of reach for the vast majority of players. If it did become a collection, the rewards would have to be sufficiently valuable to payoff the kind of investment it would take to earn while also not making me personally jealous and resentful. ;)

Plenty of room for a bunch of others in the "Qpid" and "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" collections, though!

The Western collection includes crew from multiple episodes. I could see a Vic's lounge/formal dress collection, but not a collection just from QPid or a single episode.
    We could expand the Badda-Bing collection maybe to a general Vic's Lounge collection and include people like Jazz Pianist Odo, Paper Moon Nog and Lola Chrystal.

I'll gladly co-sign this request!
    I'd love this to be of the events where they sneak in a new 3*. Something like an early DS9 Commander Sisko.

Gladly co-sign this request, too! If Commander Sisko is based on the first two seasons, he must look dour and reluctant to be wherever he is. If he's based on the third season, he needs to look more excitable and lively.

And, not that anyone asked, but I'm also down for a Saratoga Sisko from "Emissary". He could be a 3*, or I'd even be content with him being a 1* since my Common Crew collection is still not maxed. He might make for a neat companion in the Honor Hall for Stargazer Picard.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week's event title is spot on given the crew I'd expect these crew as a consolation prize for competing not ranking high enough to get them
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I'll gladly co-sign this request!

I'd be down for this too. I can also see finding a way to mash Captain Proton with Far Beyond Our Stars (something about space serials); it would be a pretty exclusive group mind you, but the occasional exclusive group for the ones who've been around since the start isn't awful. I do think going episode specific might be too much, mind you (like the suggested Our Man Bashir or Qpid).

Gladly co-sign this request, too! If Commander Sisko is based on the first two seasons, he must look dour and reluctant to be wherever he is. If he's based on the third season, he needs to look more excitable and lively.

And, not that anyone asked, but I'm also down for a Saratoga Sisko from "Emissary". He could be a 3*, or I'd even be content with him being a 1* since my Common Crew collection is still not maxed. He might make for a neat companion in the Honor Hall for Stargazer Picard.
    Not going to lie, I was disappointed they didn't go that direction. But a 3* Commander Sisko would be a nice consolation.

• For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    So, this is going to be the sixth Neelix in the game. It's a crime that we have more versions of Neelix than Chekov, Garak, Dukat, Quark, Scotty, and Uhura. Also somebody REALLY likes the Killing Game, this will be what, the 8th or 9th character from that episode?

It is a bit premature to act as if this version of Neelix for sure comes from The Killing Game. I for one am hoping it's Asteroid Talaxians Neelix.

My first thought was that it was Asteroid Neelix, but DB does seem to like the Killing Game...I'd prefer Asteroid Neelix as well, but we'll probably end up with Baguette Neelix.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor