Home The Bridge

Portal updates

Does anyone know how often they update the portal with the released characters? I am not 100% sure but if Ilia Probe isn't there it means it's been more than 6 months? (I could be wrong). Just wondering how often because I would spend some money but it seems the portal has gone a bit stale (I tend to get the same character drops often).
Thanks!

Comments

• JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the title is asking ... will it or will it not? :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for asking. +1 want to know.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    A time portal update would be independent of a client upgrade.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a Time Portal update will occur we will let you know :)
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Ok, I assume I'm gonna have to raise this in engineering, but I don't see any collections tab or way of searching the vault. Other than it's now alphabetically arranged by crew member. I'm using Android, just upgraded to 4.0.
  • Dang...too dangerous to spend even $1 on the time portal as is...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note that many of the new features and changes described below will only go live after a forced upgrade to ensure all players are on 4.0. The forced upgrade will occur in about one week.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowdy wrote: »
    Ok, I assume I'm gonna have to raise this in engineering, but I don't see any collections tab or way of searching the vault. Other than it's now alphabetically arranged by crew member. I'm using Android, just upgraded to 4.0.

From the announcement...
    Please note that many of the new features and changes described below will only go live after a forced upgrade to ensure all players are on 4.0. The forced upgrade will occur in about one week.

So I'd assume after the forced update
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for the instant meowtification! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • bowdybowdy ✭✭✭
    Yeah - one of my fleet mates just pointed that out. Ta.
  • It does not include an update to the Time Portal. I don't have an ETA for you on when an update could be expected, but it is something we are aware of and are planning.

I would be nice if you guys got on schedule for the updates. Every 3 months for example.

• I'm glad you are looking into it @Black Pebble.

I kind of hope you are looking at giving us a few options too, not just diluting the pool which is getting a bit large now. Kind of like how Voyages only gives us crew that were in the portal up until the last update.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    I updated last night: not liking the fact that when items are crafted and attached to characters, the text is now barely readable because that window is background whilst the item box is foreground. Please fix or revert
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that DB will eventually get to the point of putting updating the portal on their calendar and just doing it every 2 months (with the exception of specific toons DB chooses to hold back) like we were originally told was going to happen and not only doing it after long time prompting from the masses.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to understand why this isn't automated, and why there's no policy on this. Most companies at least have a soft policy.

DB clearly thinks they make more money by keeping a very outdated portal, but that flies in the face of all business logic that I can come up with, and goes against all the anecdotal evidence provided within this forum.
    I can also provide one more empirical data point that this cost them my money this week when I was offered a crew special, but declined it because the risk reward ratio is simply too high.

I know companies like to feed the whales, but it's unwise to do so at the neglect of the other 50% of your revenue stream. There's also a not insignificant percentage of the whales claiming this is effecting their spending as well. If you choose to believe their claims are factual or not is another matter.
  • I'm struggling to understand why this isn't automated, and why there's no policy on this.

Automation takes more time to make than you may realize, and has to be carefully tested. It's not something you would bang out in just a couple of hours. Depending on their current setup, and how they would want it to function, it's possible it would take several days of work to complete. From what I can tell, DB has a pretty bare-bones staff, so something like this wouldn't have a high enough priority for them to work on it.
    I know companies like to feed the whales, but it's unwise to do so at the neglect of the other 50% of your revenue stream.

I'd say whales account for far more than 50% of the revenue stream, but that somewhat depends on your definitions. (http://www.wired.co.uk/article/mobile-gaming-micropayments-who-pays) That said, I do agree that this issue mostly affects whales, so I am a bit surprised it has been ignored so long.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Intelligence Officer
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    They SAY about 90 days. In reality, it hasn't been updated since October.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that some older purples aren’t in there anyway, even though all logic says they should be.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    the person who was trying to keep on top of this was laid off.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • JMJM ✭✭
    Such a shame. Some consistency and transparency would really go a long way. I really like the game but it wouldn’t take much for it to be better.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the last time it was updated, with the list of additions, way back in October 2017.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/414/hybrid-faction-galaxy-event-notes-first-impressions-10-12-time-portal-additions

These are working lists of who is and who isn't in the portal

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3866/legendaries-not-in-portal

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/3582/super-rares-not-in-portal

Black Pebble mentioned a couple of weeks back that they were 'working on it' but nothing more than that rather vague promise, unfortunately.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Black Pebble the Time Portal update issue is holding many of your spenders back from investing further in the game. This is something we used to get on a regular basis, so we're curious as to what the delay would be in getting more characters added to the time portal pool.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing a third legendary honor hall character will show up before they update the portals.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm not buying any of the pack offers, like the 10x10 til the portals updated... I'm just banking any community ones too. Too great of odds for purple duplicates for this cat...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting to think they don't want to do it due to the debacle last time in trying to do so.
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Starting to think they don't want to do it due to the debacle last time in trying to do so.
    If the recurring issues with new special packs being offered for sale that don't actually give the crew they advertise is symptomatic of a larger problem with the game's base code, I suppose that could be the case.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

When I'm feeling charitable I choose to believe that because of the last debacle, they're just taking longer to properly QA the process.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor