Home The Bridge

Portal updates

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny the 10x10 offer showed up today and I said to myself... yeah right not only do I get nothing great but the portal isn't updated, it's a little too early for April fools isn't it?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • What the title is asking ... will it or will it not? :)

Haven't seen this earlier @ErisTheVorta! The time has passed, it would be nice to have such an update ASAP, several players are holding back the changing of their obtained 3* and 4* portals, so when the update is done, there will be an instant server crash, because all of us will be wanting to change our portals.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still want to believe ... :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been stockpiling all pulls until the portal is updated. I'm up to 39 1x and 14 10x. 10 of those 10x packs came from a 10x10 offer but everything else has been from dailies, galaxy events, and gauntlet.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just presume they are looking at internal metrics and when premium pack sales fall far enough they will update the portal, but not until then. At the moment they are able to make sales and still keep quality product in reserve, so they just keep going as is. I hope I'm wrong, I hope that there is some other reason holding the process up and that they would prefer to actually offer the best product they could to keep their customers as happy as possible, but unfortunately we don't have a lot of evidence of this.

As far as changing the pack formats go, I am happy for this to happen as long as existing premium pack holders will be upgraded to the packs of their choice.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Every day that goes by twiddling thumbs and not making this a priority is a day that loses revenue. Hard to believe this wasn’t fixed months ago.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Even when new cards are added to the portal, that isn’t going to be enough to make me excited about making purchases again.

I might get some lucky drops on new pack additions at first. Then I will be back to throwing my money down a toilet. The more we spend, the more likely we are to get absolutely nothing in return.

I wonder how many new players would try the game if the app reviews were filled with stories about how often we spent money on packs and got screwed.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'd be less screwed if the honor trade in was better, but yes, as it is, SRs and Legendaries are wildly undervalued in trade in with DB. Legendaries especially. It is just ridiculous that DB is only willing to offer 550 honor in exchange. Should be at least 10k.
    The other thing I thought of today was Prisoner Burnham and Florist Q both made it into the rotations immediately so they have a mechanism for adding crew in. They just need to apply this to the premium portals.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I passed on the 50 buck offer again due to it being a waste of my time opening packs and dismissing them one by one
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    The other thing I thought of today was Prisoner Burnham and Florist Q both made it into the rotations immediately so they have a mechanism for adding crew in. They just need to apply this to the premium portals.

This is very true, however I have not seen Expedition Shran and I’ve done plenty enough pulls to have gotten at least one. Weird. Anyone out there pull him out of the portal?

Actually prisoner burnham I haven't seen in voyages or pulls recently... Wonder if she has replaced Odo to be with Dax.

[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually prisoner burnham I haven't seen in voyages or pulls recently... Wonder if she has replaced Odo to be with Dax.

Just got her in a Voyage today (and pretty sure I've seen her in basic pulls recently, as well), so it looks like she's just been avoiding you, Dave. ;)

oxjzlrqezr3q.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

Just got her in a Voyage today (and pretty sure I've seen her in basic pulls recently, as well), so it looks like she's just been avoiding you, Dave. ;)

oxjzlrqezr3q.jpg

Thankfully yes I already have her immortalised but I am worried for newer players if these new cards "drop off" I presume the new neelix isn't in circulation yet?
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prisoner Burnham dropped in both a voyage and single portal pull today so no worries st here. As far as Away Team Neelix is concerned - that remains to be seen! I've not seen Odo or Dax yet.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

This is very true, however I have not seen Expedition Shran and I’ve done plenty enough pulls to have gotten at least one. Weird. Anyone out there pull him out of the portal?

Good point, maybe they specifically took him out (like they did for Trombone Riker). Just more fuel to the fire that they know how to both put folks in and keep them out and it can't take that long to do.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it's as simple as a flag on a character, it may have been overlooked.

either way, i don't know how much financial politics is going into the process of deciding who to bring onto the prem portal, but anyone that's 90 days or older should obviously go into the portal pool. I don't understand why it's so hard to do that.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • PaPa ✭✭
    From a business perspective it can make sense to not update the portal regularly. The cash influx at the moment is (I think) quite regular, maybe slightly decreasing (because less people buy premium pulls). I think the logic here is that DB is saving portal updates for the future when there might be financial worries. Then they will just update the portal, players will start buying pulls again and they get an emergency positive cash flow. Maybe they wait for an IPO (just kidding, but who knows)?
  • From a business perspective I don't think any automatic update of less than a year old makes sense. Also if there is a need for a "don't add" flag at that point it is probably not worth the effort to make an automatic update.
    edited March 2018
    if it's as simple as a flag on a character, it may have been overlooked.

either way, i don't know how much financial politics is going into the process of deciding who to bring onto the prem portal, but anyone that's 90 days or older should obviously go into the portal pool. I don't understand why it's so hard to do that.

Well I do find it strange if not very co-incidental that every start to the week I get an event bonus crew blue:
    Garak
    Neelix
    Racquetball Bashir.

Call me a suspicious Bashir but I would say something or someone is doing good semaphore with those flags.

EDIT
    and if I recall rightly before the mega Event Duelist Barclay dropped frequently for me just before Laws of Nature began.
  • @Shan @Black Pebble

Any chance we can get some info on a portal update? Is it even on DB's radar?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still on our radar, yes. It will happen, and we will let you know when it does.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not realize this but, the cliched response that says nothing just infuriates the players more.

Then "the players" should stop asking for an update if they won't like the answer. If there's no specific timeline for a portal update, what do you want, a lie?
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dralix wrote: »
    You may not realize this but, the cliched response that says nothing just infuriates the players more.

Then "the players" should stop asking for an update if they won't like the answer. If there's no specific timeline for a portal update, what do you want, a lie?

Yeah, just being acknowledged and answered is nice. Even if the answer is vague. Since you bring up a very valid point though, I think the more appropriate question is actually, "Why has the portal not been updated?"
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having no date gives me the tendency to infer:

1) It's not as important to them
    or
    2) There's a problem doing so without repeating the last 'oops'.

Just hoping if it's #2 that they are really working out the kinks.

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t claim to be a computer whiz or anything but how hard can it be to add already existing characters to an already existing pool for a computer whiz to do? Is it something that would take months or really just a few minutes?