Home The Bridge

Portal updates

Comments

• @Shan if you need something more than "forum users want this" to give to the devs, try this:

Do a quick database dump of your top 500 spenders and see just how many of them are withholding opening packs and have stopped spending to buy them because of the lack of updates. In our fleet alone there's got to be close to 1k unopened packs between us.

It might also be an incentive to look at honor points for airlocking crew since most consider the current rate to be enough of a reason to not open those packs, as well as a way to mass airlock crew.

I can't remember the last time I opened more than 1 pack. When I get an uncontrollable urge to try my luck all I need to do is open 1 pack out of the collection I've been sitting on for months, ...get nothing but space fodder, and then a measly bit of honor to flush them. Like magic, my urge to quenched. Nothing kills the urge to spend more than getting hosed by an icy cold dose of reality.

Besides having the ability to mass airlock crew we still can't tell if a fresh pulled crewman is a copy of one we immortalized and frozen already. The alphabetical search has helped immensely in this regard but we shouldn't have to search at all for some low-born forgotten crew. DB solved it for Behold picks (thank you) but hasn't ported the feature to our quarters.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And I just spent some premium pulls I got from gauntlet. :(

Glad to see it's finally updated though. Plus ship schematics! :D

EDIT: Follow-up question... @Shan does the update also affect the Merit rewards pool and the Basic portal pool?
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭

EDIT: Follow-up question... @Shan does the update also affect the Merit rewards pool and the Basic portal pool?

Or the Voyage pool?
  • arjuna wrote: »

Or the Voyage pool?

Oh god I hope so.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »

Or the Voyage pool?

Asking!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Just got 3 jazzy Rikers on one pull...wasn’t he rare once?
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Thanks for the update, We're glad to see this finally happen.
    I do still have the same question that I'm sure everybody else does:
    Can you provide a policy on portal updates? Can you tell use how often we should expect them, what criteria crew should follow to be in them? And if there will be any automation of updates, and if not why not?

He just wasn't in the pool at all, so no one was able to get him unless he appeared in the Faction Centre. He's a 3* and has theoretically the same drop rate as all 3*s now. So no, not particularly rare.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have done what a lot of other smarty pants did and kept all my free community pulls.... damn
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Or the Voyage pool?

For Voyages: the update has been applied for 2* and 3* but not for 4* - we have logged a bug on the issue and are working on it. No ETA.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭

He just wasn't in the pool at all, so no one was able to get him unless he appeared in the Faction Centre. He's a 3* and has theoretically the same drop rate as all 3*s now. So no, not particularly rare.

You got that right...Just got another in a merit pull.
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Shan wrote: »

Or the Voyage pool?

For Voyages: the update has been applied for 2* and 3* but not for 4* - we have logged a bug on the issue and are working on it. No ETA.

Hey, it's a step in the right direction at least.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Or the Voyage pool?

Thank you for the quick checking and bug find.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Thanks for the update, We're glad to see this finally happen.
    I do still have the same question that I'm sure everybody else does:
    Can you provide a policy on portal updates? Can you tell use how often we should expect them, what criteria crew should follow to be in them? And if there will be any automation of updates, and if not why not?

I have no update in that regard at the moment, no.
    We of course hope to refine this process.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan I assume the prior portal updates for 4* crew also were not showing in the voyage per the same bug since my wife and I have never received one of those crew either from voyages. Can you confirm that this bug fix will put those crew in the voyage pool as well?
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do honor hall beholds pull from the same crew list as premium packs?
    Yateball wrote: »
    Should have done what a lot of other smarty pants did and kept all my free community pulls.... damn

Thankfully, I still have my 40 event 10x pull. But yeah, wish I had stockpiled them. And the one-off premium pulls from events and gauntlet and such.

I want Enabran Tain :(

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I'd like to suggest @Shan @Black Pebble doing a universal 10x10 offering for the occasion ? :D

funny you should mention that. i did get the 10x10 offer yesterday. Had the portal update happened yesterday, I would have definitely bought it. DB, just a note for future planning - that would be a huge uptick in spending if you planned them to coincide.
  • Thank you!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to suggest @Shan @Black Pebble doing a universal 10x10 offering for the occasion ? :D

funny you should mention that. i did get the 10x10 offer yesterday. Had the portal update happened yesterday, I would have definitely bought it. DB, just a note for future planning - that would be a huge uptick in spending if you planned them to coincide.

Same with me and the 30x + dil for 50. Maybe too few people bought offers yesterday which influenced their timing.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some pleasant surprises in that update. Come on, Abe ... :)
  • With this new update, are any of the oldest crew being removed from the portal pool or are they still in?
  • [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! Given the virtual stampede on pulls, I hope DB will understand moving forward that consistent updating means more sales. :)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad new additions have made it to the portal....
    but no Ruk or Sarek :(
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO