Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Turning Point - 06/07 - Edit: 06/04

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Ezri count ?

Yes she should as she is a variant of dax.

Was Mirror Ezri a Dax? I don't think she was so that one might not count.

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    I anxiously await Legendary Bell Riots Janeway next week.

Thought it was Bell Riots Burnham in week 3 ;)

Are you sure it wasn't Bell Riots Neelix?
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

In the show she was always Ezri Tigan, not Dax.

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

Your Trek Knowledge is correct (that Mirror Ezri was not a Dax). However, the game has always given Mirror Ezri a bonus in Jadzia events (see my links in the previous post).
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I wonder who we get for 2* and 3* characters. The 2* is probably going to be Festive Jadzia (maybe Persis?) but we don't have a 3* version of any of the characters specific to this event. There are some possibilities: 3* Sniper Ezri is probably the front-runner, with 3* Racquetball Bashir possible too.

But we just might get a new 3* Augment or 3* Jadzia.

Maybe Vacation/Tourist Dax from that Risa episode? Hard to think of a decent three-star variant for her.

Having said that, it is 100% going to be Ezri.
  • muskegmuskeg ✭✭
    Still waiting for Sarina, Lauren, Jack and Patrick, pleeeze! Even if only 2* or 3*.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for Sarina, Lauren, Jack and Patrick, pleeeze! Even if only 2* or 3*.

or make them ALL 1* that you could fuse all four together into one mega character!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer Ezri, but that's a minor complain. Really good choice!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror ezri gave bonus before in past dax events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favourite Dax's!

Malik is okay, he's probably just going to be CMD/SEC or something, so I'm not too pumped.

Yeah I just can't get excited by the neverending CMD/SEC combos anymore.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've airlocked Soong for space in the past, but now he's one of only 13 super rares I don't currently have at least one star of in my crew or immortalized.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is so weird that Gabriel Bell is only a four star character.

I watched that episode a few weeks ago, and one thing that bothered me is, where did the historical archives get that picture of Sisko as "Gabriel Bell"?

ilxv077khpii.jpg

First problem with this: when Vin tells Sisko that he'll swap his ID card with one of the dead, shouldn't that person have been credited as being Gabriel Bell?

Second problem: there was no photo taken of Sisko-as-Bell; the only things I can think of was that maybe the video call they did was recorded and they got his image from that, or when Detective Preston met with him earlier, their conversation was recorded. But even if that's explainable, the first issue negates all sense that any explanation might make about that.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I wonder what Malik will look like since Augment Riker is clearly Malik with Riker’s face.
  • Another event without Patrick.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another event without Patrick.

12thvz7hfidb.jpeg

wr573ckvlo7e.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Roonis wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »
    Standard Question dealing with Dax... usually they are included..

Ezri and Zhian'tara Odo included as bonus crew?

And it is hit or miss if Mirror Ezri Tigan is included (usually miss)

Mirror Ezri isn't a Dax though.

Neither is Odo, he's Curzon removed from the Dax symbiote. Similar to a Jadzia or Ezri without the symbiote. DB gonna DB.

Wellllll... You cannot separate the two personalities after joining - that was established in season 1. So I would contend that the Zhian'tara ritual does not seperate the humanoid from the symbiont, but rather the personality and memories of a predecessor host from that of the current host. Also, Curzon Dax spent his entire (lengthy) adult life as a joined Trill. Therefore there would be little of the unjoined Curzon left to his personality.

And that's a different case entirely from that of an unjoined Trill, such as Mirror Ezri.
  • This reminds me of the Mirror universe event. Is this what people thought they were voting for when they selected DS9 and Augments?
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the Mirror universe event. Is this what people thought they were voting for when they selected DS9 and Augments?

Most people voted for DS9 and then they said how their favorite faction was Augments.

If the question was explicit - which faction do you want in Mega Event the Dominion would won.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So this basically has become a DS9 „Bells Riot“ episode and Augment Mega Event?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Roonis wrote: »
    Flemming wrote: »
    Standard Question dealing with Dax... usually they are included..

Ezri and Zhian'tara Odo included as bonus crew?

And it is hit or miss if Mirror Ezri Tigan is included (usually miss)

Mirror Ezri isn't a Dax though.

Neither is Odo, he's Curzon removed from the Dax symbiote. Similar to a Jadzia or Ezri without the symbiote. DB gonna DB.

Wellllll... You cannot separate the two personalities after joining - that was established in season 1. So I would contend that the Zhian'tara ritual does not seperate the humanoid from the symbiont, but rather the personality and memories of a predecessor host from that of the current host. Also, Curzon Dax spent his entire (lengthy) adult life as a joined Trill. Therefore there would be little of the unjoined Curzon left to his personality.

And that's a different case entirely from that of an unjoined Trill, such as Mirror Ezri.

only... separating the personalities is the whole point of the Zhian'tara process...... And Curzon was unwilling to rejoin the Dax symbiote, which is certainly Curzon's distinct personality, and it was a big deal he didn't want to go back because Dax was missing all of the Curzon attributes while he was out.

Curzon got pulled out of Dax and put into Odo. Zhin'tara Odo is a Curzon persona, not a Dax.
  • JassadaJassada ✭✭✭
    So this basically has become a DS9 „Bells Riot“ episode and Augment Mega Event?

I guess so - and I, for one, am certainly not complaining!
  • Was really hoping for some DS9 Augments ie Admiral Patrick and some Dominion cards. Why is Bell Riots Dax a 5*? She barely did anything that episode except get taken care of by that Bill Gates guy who thought she was Dutch.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @Roonis - I can understand why you see it that way, but I still disagree. Curzon no-Dax doesn't exist, and has not existed since that host was (probably) in his early twenties. What was separated during Zhian'tara was the personality of Curzon Dax and all his memories from the time during which he was the host. It's based on a time period of memory and experiences, not separated by organism. Keep in mind that the humanoid host body of Curzon (and therefore his brain) no longer exists, therefore all that remains of him was contained in the symbiont's brain. The symbiont does not "save" two sets of memories from that time period, like a computerised file system. It's a combined, shared experience. While the Zhian'tara is ongoing, the symbiont has a selective amnesia with regard to a certain time period, until those memories are reintegrated.
    I hope one of these events has sthe ds9 augment group: Patrick, Jack, Lauren and Sarina.
    Let’s fly!
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Elynduil wrote: »
    @Roonis - I can understand why you see it that way, but I still disagree. Curzon no-Dax doesn't exist, and has not existed since that host was (probably) in his early twenties. What was separated during Zhian'tara was the personality of Curzon Dax and all his memories from the time during which he was the host. It's based on a time period of memory and experiences, not separated by organism. Keep in mind that the humanoid host body of Curzon (and therefore his brain) no longer exists, therefore all that remains of him was contained in the symbiont's brain. The symbiont does not "save" two sets of memories from that time period, like a computerised file system. It's a combined, shared experience. While the Zhian'tara is ongoing, the symbiont has a selective amnesia with regard to a certain time period, until those memories are reintegrated.

yeah... if you watch that episode, the transferred hosts have no memory of the time in Dax after the host died. This comes up when the one Kira embodies is questioned to make sure the transfer was complete and the last thing she remembers is Curzon's Zhin'tara. They also specifically ask the current host questions from before the joining to make sure the transfer is complete Jadzia doesn't know the answer, but Kira does. This means it's the memories the symbiote was not part of also. Dead host, extracted from the symbiote and put into temp host, not a portion of the symbiote. The symbiote continues on whole, but has to adjust and find a new balance if that part can't be returned, as comes up when Curzon won't return.

The whole episode it's "the host's memories" "the host's personality" "meet the host".

Also, Curzon reveals his feelings for Jadzia. Something that was apparently not revealed through the hosts bond, something Curzon felt.

If Db doesnt have room in this mega event for all the ds9 augment group maybe they could put Jack, Patrick, Lauren and Sarina into one crewman similar to the duras sisters. Then have it sing "Do-Re-Mi" when you click on it.
    Let’s fly!
    Data1001 wrote: »
    It is so weird that Gabriel Bell is only a four star character.

I watched that episode a few weeks ago, and one thing that bothered me is, where did the historical archives get that picture of Sisko as "Gabriel Bell"?

ilxv077khpii.jpg

First problem with this: when Vin tells Sisko that he'll swap his ID card with one of the dead, shouldn't that person have been credited as being Gabriel Bell?

Second problem: there was no photo taken of Sisko-as-Bell; the only things I can think of was that maybe the video call they did was recorded and they got his image from that, or when Detective Preston met with him earlier, their conversation was recorded. But even if that's explainable, the first issue negates all sense that any explanation might make about that.

Yes that didnt make sense but the writers wanted a fun reveal at the end.
    Let’s fly!