Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Turning Point - 06/07 - Edit: 06/04

Comments

• Pallidyne wrote: »
    Yateball wrote: »
    Will Klingon Bride Jadzia have the dax bonus ?

Of course she will

Brilliant, only asked as she hadn't been mentioned by anyone on this thread yet

Actually I believe her and Princess Jadzia were discussed in page 3, lol

My bad, I can see that now :)

For some reason I could only see page 1& 2 and thought I was adding to the end of page 2. Only after I logged back in to see if anyone had answered I then realised it was page 4
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nitpick, Jadzia had her combadge stolen. She shouldn't be wearing it with that outfit.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Nitpick, Jadzia had her combadge stolen. She shouldn't be wearing it with that outfit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8LvECFoiM
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch. Earlier in the episode when she's first found she asks about her brooch and was told it was likely stolen. I forget if they justify finding it or if the costume designers screwed up too.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are misremembering it, Jadzia briefly traded her communicator to Clint Howard, but she had it through most of the two-parter.

V1o6R9E.jpg
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Malik looks unhappy. Cheer up dude, it's not like Sardaukar just killed your baby or something...
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Dax looks so hot. I've gotta have it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malik looks awful. The art has been looking good lately too.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Malik looks like a poor source was chosen. There were quite a few Augment scenes with odd poor lighting and it looks like they used one of those for their source for some reason.

Example of Persis in the lightning I’m talking about...
    yt1meb30rhaa.jpeg
  • edited June 2018
    Augments:
    Genetically manipulated in utero. Born as whole supermen. (Like Khan)

Replicants:
    Superior grown tissues and organs, assembled after growth is complete, Frankenstein style, into a superior being. (Like Roy Batty in Blade Runner)

Enhancids:
    Normals subsequently subjected to intense physical and psychological conditioning and chemical manipulation. The effect of this was to cause mental and physical abilities to become enhanced.
    (like Captain America, or Roga Danar)
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Augments:
    Genetically manipulated in utero. Born as whole supermen. (Like Khan)

Replicants:
    Superior grown tissues and organs, assembled after growth is complete, Frankenstein style, into a superior being. (Like Roy Batty in Blade Runner)

Enhancids:
    Normals subsequently subjected to intense physical and psychological conditioning and chemical manipulation. The effect of this was to cause mental and physical abilities to become enhanced.
    (like Captain America, or Roga Danar)

So that makes Bashir???

Borg?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yay Dax has nice contrast in her face and looks lifelike. So the art feedback thread was partially listened to. For some cards. (hope Malik's stats **tsk tsk** so I can freeze him)

..on the up and up! ^.^

*edit - o really, I would like a good vegan poutine. Not sure if it'd work out frozen.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, when I see the word 'enhance' I see it to mean 'increase the ability of'.

Enhance
    : heighten, increase; especially : to increase or improve in value, quality, desirability, or attractiveness. eg: enhanced the room with crown molding

Whereas I see augmented as 'in addition to'.

Augment
    To make (something already developed or well under way) greater, as in size, extent, or quantity: eg: Continuing rains augmented the floodwaters.

Replicant just means copy.

(in science fiction) a genetically engineered or artificial being created as an exact replica of a particular human being.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    I know we've had a ton of DIP lately, but I feel like this Dax would be perfect with DIP primary.

So hot.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Supremely disappointed with... no, actually, appalled by the art on Malik. Are you saying Alec Newman actually approved this? And what's with the greasy-looking helmet hair?

47f5vk9pvimx.jpg
    VS
    11jyr222xzby.jpg
    Those hole ridden shirts look so silly. Terrible idea from the costume designers. "Hey, let's give them clothes with ten or twenty perfectly cut out holes in them!"
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    I guess they were supposed to look like they had been stuck on the same planet for 11 years, with no replenishment supplies?
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Supremely disappointed with... no, actually, appalled by the art on Malik. Are you saying Alec Newman actually approved this? And what's with the greasy-looking helmet hair?

47f5vk9pvimx.jpg
    VS
    11jyr222xzby.jpg

It’s just awful. He looks like a grunge dude from the 90s. I was excited to get him in the event but now I prolly won’t keep him

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Raakin is the artist for Malik
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Ha! Or Smike

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Ha! Or Smike

Or Persis.🤔 Malik made a lot of enemies and this is just the augments.

I guess they cannot be much of enemies if they are dead. But in timelines they can get their revenge.

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Ha! Or Smike

Or Persis.🤔 Malik made a lot of enemies and this is just the augments.

I guess they cannot be much of enemies if they are dead. But in timelines they can get their revenge.

They sure beat the tar out of those Klingons

• Wow. I have never complained about the art before, but Malik is supposed to be so pretty - not a greasy haired mess
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the expression on his face is worse than the hair. He looks like he’s got diarrhea and is trying to hold it in until they’re done taking his picture.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pale as to be undead.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wh-why is Malik a greasy purple skunk...?

Jadzia is gorgeous but Malik...well Malik should also be gorgeous. But instead he's...whatever that is.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor