Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Turning Point - 06/07 - Edit: 06/04

Comments

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    DB you fail to respect your customers by not listing the crew. This despite knowing that such questions have been asked before. You have wasted the time of all the people who have posted here asking for clarification and of all the people who read the posts. You compound this by not answering promptly.

• WoOZWoOZ ✭✭
    Does Klingon Bride Jadzia count, also what about princess Jadzia and Honey Bare Jadzia ?
  • The specific crew list should be out Monday or Tuesday, like always.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Roonis wrote: »
    Elynduil wrote: »
    @Roonis - I can understand why you see it that way, but I still disagree. Curzon no-Dax doesn't exist, and has not existed since that host was (probably) in his early twenties. What was separated during Zhian'tara was the personality of Curzon Dax and all his memories from the time during which he was the host. It's based on a time period of memory and experiences, not separated by organism. Keep in mind that the humanoid host body of Curzon (and therefore his brain) no longer exists, therefore all that remains of him was contained in the symbiont's brain. The symbiont does not "save" two sets of memories from that time period, like a computerised file system. It's a combined, shared experience. While the Zhian'tara is ongoing, the symbiont has a selective amnesia with regard to a certain time period, until those memories are reintegrated.

yeah... if you watch that episode, the transferred hosts have no memory of the time in Dax after the host died. This comes up when the one Kira embodies is questioned to make sure the transfer was complete and the last thing she remembers is Curzon's Zhin'tara. They also specifically ask the current host questions from before the joining to make sure the transfer is complete Jadzia doesn't know the answer, but Kira does. This means it's the memories the symbiote was not part of also. Dead host, extracted from the symbiote and put into temp host, not a portion of the symbiote. The symbiote continues on whole, but has to adjust and find a new balance if that part can't be returned, as comes up when Curzon won't return.

The whole episode it's "the host's memories" "the host's personality" "meet the host".

Also, Curzon reveals his feelings for Jadzia. Something that was apparently not revealed through the hosts bond, something Curzon felt.

So, by your reasoning, in DS9 1x08, Selin Peers could have just said, "Well, actually, you can just take Curzon out of the current host, and punish only him. You see, we have this procedure..."

I dunno. I guess the "science" of Trills isn't completely consistent across the whole series (nevermind the whole ST franchise)... And the inconsistencies inevitably lead to disagreements among fans. B)
  • Does Klingon Bride Jadzia count, also what about princess Jadzia and Honey Bare Jadzia ?

why not? they are all variants of jadzia dax so they will give a bonus.
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • I hope one of these events has sthe ds9 augment group: Patrick, Jack, Lauren and Sarina.

I'd be okay with a group card for Patrick, Jack and Lauren (kind of how the Duras sisters were done), maybe as a 3 or 4 star, with Sarina Douglas as her own card.

eqjeofucov1g.png

This is an excellent and fun idea which I am sure would make many many fans happy. Unfortunately entertainment companies aren't interested in making games and movies for fans (Solo) so that won't happen. Instead weeks 3 and 4 of this mega event will probably be something like Pajama Bashir and Augment Janeway.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Roonis wrote: »
    @Roonis - I can understand why you see it that way, but I still disagree. Curzon no-Dax doesn't exist, and has not existed since that host was (probably) in his early twenties. What was separated during Zhian'tara was the personality of Curzon Dax and all his memories from the time during which he was the host. It's based on a time period of memory and experiences, not separated by organism. Keep in mind that the humanoid host body of Curzon (and therefore his brain) no longer exists, therefore all that remains of him was contained in the symbiont's brain. The symbiont does not "save" two sets of memories from that time period, like a computerised file system. It's a combined, shared experience. While the Zhian'tara is ongoing, the symbiont has a selective amnesia with regard to a certain time period, until those memories are reintegrated.

yeah... if you watch that episode, the transferred hosts have no memory of the time in Dax after the host died. This comes up when the one Kira embodies is questioned to make sure the transfer was complete and the last thing she remembers is Curzon's Zhin'tara. They also specifically ask the current host questions from before the joining to make sure the transfer is complete Jadzia doesn't know the answer, but Kira does. This means it's the memories the symbiote was not part of also. Dead host, extracted from the symbiote and put into temp host, not a portion of the symbiote. The symbiote continues on whole, but has to adjust and find a new balance if that part can't be returned, as comes up when Curzon won't return.

The whole episode it's "the host's memories" "the host's personality" "meet the host".

Also, Curzon reveals his feelings for Jadzia. Something that was apparently not revealed through the hosts bond, something Curzon felt.

So, by your reasoning, in DS9 1x08, Selin Peers could have just said, "Well, actually, you can just take Curzon out of the current host, and punish only him. You see, we have this procedure..."

I dunno. I guess the "science" of Trills isn't completely consistent across the whole series (nevermind the whole ST franchise)... And the inconsistencies inevitably lead to disagreements among fans. B)

yeah, I mean consistency is an issue so unless something is specifically addressed as a retcon, I always go based on the episode it's in. Also, it's technically "new ground" for the trill even due to the different changeling zhin'tara interaction.
  • I hope one of these events has sthe ds9 augment group: Patrick, Jack, Lauren and Sarina.

I'd be okay with a group card for Patrick, Jack and Lauren (kind of how the Duras sisters were done), maybe as a 3 or 4 star, with Sarina Douglas as her own card.

eqjeofucov1g.png

I'd be okay with that as well.
  • They all deserve to 5*s, especially Admiral Patrick. That's a stupid question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daYKTvCBNz8

I hope they all get into the game at some point!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So interesting question about the DS9 Augment event.....Roga Danar doesn't have the augment trait and isn't part of the Augment collections....so.....not being a real Augment and being a TNG character....one must ask what Roga Danar is doing in this DS9-Augment event.......

Ya, man. Right after they answer why Mirror Phlox, Arik Soong and Soran showed up in a Borg event, Alidar Jarok in a Klingon event, and Scotty, Marla McGivers and Dax in Discovery events. It's almost as if the theme is a guideline and not a hard and fast rule. #soweird
  • robownage wrote: »
    So interesting question about the DS9 Augment event.....Roga Danar doesn't have the augment trait and isn't part of the Augment collections....so.....not being a real Augment and being a TNG character....one must ask what Roga Danar is doing in this DS9-Augment event.......

Ya, man. Right after they answer why Mirror Phlox, Arik Soong and Soran showed up in a Borg event, Alidar Jarok in a Klingon event, and Scotty, Marla McGivers and Dax in Discovery events. It's almost as if the theme is a guideline and not a hard and fast rule. #soweird

I think the answer to this conundrum is the people at DB don't watch any of the shows and they have a hit miss ratio on correct event crew 50% of the time.
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

Yes she should as she is a variant of dax.

Was Mirror Ezri a Dax? I don't think she was so that one might not count.

In the show she was always Ezri Tigan, not Dax.

I’m always confused mirror Bashir is listed in the game as an Augment despite (I think) it never being mentioned he was. I would have thought it unlikely Terran slaves could nip off and get Augmented
  • I think the answer to this conundrum is the people at DB don't watch any of the shows and they have a hit miss ratio on correct event crew 50% of the time.

Only because an event has a certain topic where is it stated (personal wishlists excluded) that only those characters shall be featured? That would a) be predictable and b) boring. And also against the basic premise of this game where different timelines and series are united.

If people want to have exact ratios or complain because their (never announced) wish character is not in an event (yet) you are taking a game way too serious. If an event week has a character or characters I want, fine. If not, also fine. There will always be a next week ;)

All Star Trek series had many stinker episodes (in part even stinker seasons, lol), despite that we love it. The whole picture counts, not shortterm impressions...

I don't think I am alone when I say we expect a little more attention to the topic of the event. (ie the Vulcan Romulan mega event where 50% of the 5*s were not actually Romulan or Vulcan....
  • BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    If you think about it though, if the event crew is Jadzia Dax, Ezri was not part of the symbiote at that time, so there could be a reason why she would not be an event crew member, not that I am complaining if she is, just saying. But if the event crew was Ezri Dax, then it should include Jadzia.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    If you think about it though, if the event crew is Jadzia Dax, Ezri was not part of the symbiote at that time, so there could be a reason why she would not be an event crew member, not that I am complaining if she is, just saying. But if the event crew was Ezri Dax, then it should include Jadzia.

Yes, but the Dax is the same Dax, moved on to another host. So it is partially the same entity. The first rerun of trouble with klingons they made all dax event bonus, but not mirror ezri (no dax) that level of detail is what folks are thinking of as the precedent for Dax, but lately DB has just thrown them all in.
  • Bekka wrote: »

The game is not unfolding in real time. So there is no basis for Jadzia has the symbiote so Ezri could not. The characters in the game are from specific occurrences on specific episodes. All non-MU Ezri cards in the game are from a DS9 episode where she is Ezri Dax.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

I’m always confused mirror Bashir is listed in the game as an Augment despite (I think) it never being mentioned he was. I would have thought it unlikely Terran slaves could nip off and get Augmented

The episode where his augmentation was mentioned made it clear that Bashir was suffering from very major disabilities IIRC, while Mirror Bashir did not seem to be suffering from anything that would have justified the genetic enhancement.
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

The episode where his augmentation was mentioned made it clear that Bashir was suffering from very major disabilities IIRC, while Mirror Bashir did not seem to be suffering from anything that would have justified the genetic enhancement.

I think that is a plot-hole you were not supposed to notice. Just like how the Rebels built the ISS Defiant exactly like the USS Defiant without detailed schematics which I am sure is a breach of the prime directive to give out by Starfleet officers. Typically Starfleet captains blow up their own ship rather than let it fall into the hands of non-Starfleet....they don't just give away schematics on classified schematics. So either Sisko breached the prime directive big time or there is another plot-hole.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Ezri count ?

I think that is a plot-hole you were not supposed to notice. Just like how the Rebels built the ISS Defiant exactly like the USS Defiant without detailed schematics which I am sure is a breach of the prime directive to give out by Starfleet officers. Typically Starfleet captains blow up their own ship rather than let it fall into the hands of non-Starfleet....they don't just give away schematics on classified schematics. So either Sisko breached the prime directive big time or there is another plot-hole.

Or they got the schematics in a previous crossover. Smiley seemed to pop over quite easily as did Bareil.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Ezri count ?

I doubt it was a plot hole. More that they didn't plan on Bashir being genetically enhanced when he first appeared in the mirror Universe.

The Defiant schematics thing I would agree with - it is an experimental warship. You shouldn't just be able to find the schematics lying on a table in Quark's. This is Starfleet not the British government!
    Ezri count ?

I doubt it was a plot hole. More that they didn't plan on Bashir being genetically enhanced when he first appeared in the mirror Universe.

The Defiant schematics thing I would agree with - it is an experimental warship. You shouldn't just be able to find the schematics lying on a table in Quark's. This is Starfleet not the British government!

Even Sisko could not distinguish Smiley from the Chief...... just Admiral Patrick your way to the deets :)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    It is so weird that Gabriel Bell is only a four star character.

I watched that episode a few weeks ago, and one thing that bothered me is, where did the historical archives get that picture of Sisko as "Gabriel Bell"?

ilxv077khpii.jpg

First problem with this: when Vin tells Sisko that he'll swap his ID card with one of the dead, shouldn't that person have been credited as being Gabriel Bell?

Second problem: there was no photo taken of Sisko-as-Bell; the only things I can think of was that maybe the video call they did was recorded and they got his image from that, or when Detective Preston met with him earlier, their conversation was recorded. But even if that's explainable, the first issue negates all sense that any explanation might make about that.

I imagine in the police state of the time, there was plenty of closed circuit surveillance happening that they could have caught Sisko's image on. Even now in 2018, San Francisco/Oakland has been installing a rather extensive network of police cameras throughout the Bay Area for years. Just more of Star Trek predicting the future/present.

All Hu-Mans look alike, maybe that's not even Sisko
    edited June 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    The original post will be updated to confirm the following:
    - Mirror Ezri Tigan and Zhian'tara Odo will count as "Dax" to remain consistent with what has been done in previous events
    - Roga Danar will provide some bonus for the remainder of the Mega-Event, while work continues on a reassessment of the "Augment" trait.

Thank you Shan.

Hava Nagila!