Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Turning Point - 06/07 - Edit: 06/04

Comments

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if anyone at DB is reading this, can we please get some artwork with highlighting that isn't yellow on the left, light blue on the right? We used to get greens and reds and pinks and purples and other blues to mix things up.
  • Is Jadzia dropping for anyone?
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe their artist thought Malik was for the Walking Dead game instead of Timelines. Zombie Malik.

Sometimes the preview images end up with weird lighting.

Hopeful, I check in-game to see if it's a bit better.

Nope, just as bad.

*sigh*

Truly one of the most disappointing artworks in a while.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Jadzia dropping for anyone?

ya7hsfeyua2x.png
    Yes, second pull.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats are, well, meh.....thresholds and out :smile:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Is Jadzia dropping for anyone?

ya7hsfeyua2x.png
    Yes, second pull.

10 packs got 7 Soongs and 3 maliks. Ouch.
  • Again, nice artwork on Bell Riot Jadiza Dax
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Wish Soong wasn't threshold. I guess this is how they get people spending though!
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »
    Wish Soong wasn't threshold. I guess this is how they get people spending though!

Nah, they get more spending when they put the new character in Thresholds b/c it forces people to spend to FF it.

Tons of people already have Soong FFed (previously in two events and in the portal forever).
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Soong immortalized, I'm thrilled to see Malik as the ranked reward... no dil spend this week (or likely for at least the next 3 weeks, thanks to community rewards)!
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll pass on event pulls and just hit hard for top 1k to snag Jadzia.
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    Love the Jadzia art, but I’m not that excited for yet another DIP primary 5*. I think I’m going to wait and see what we have in store for next week before I decide to spend any dil on packs.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking forward to 3/4 Malik...

Well it's Bashir and out
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone else who also did not remember who he was:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Malik

Umm...is Malik actually that hard to remember? Considering everyone seems to remember Arik Soong, Malik doesn't seem like a stretch, given they had basically equal screentime.

In an episode some of us saw ONCE years ago......

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Apagg wrote: »

Works out fine for me - I have him at 1/4 from a voyage drop or something. No pack spending from me this week! It's especially fitting and appropriate because of the bad art on Malik.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is trolling us with this terrible stats...

Why did stupid Discovery's crew got a power creep?
    For anyone else who also did not remember who he was:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Malik

Umm...is Malik actually that hard to remember? Considering everyone seems to remember Arik Soong, Malik doesn't seem like a stretch, given they had basically equal screentime.

In an episode some of us saw ONCE years ago......

Scott

My point specifically was that people remembered Arik Soong and not Malik, despite them being of equal importance and having more or less equal screen time.

Is your argument that all one-off characters are instantly forgettable? Tosk for instance was only in one episode that aired about 20 years ago, yet I'm sure almost everyone immediately recognised him. Malik was also very memorable, and that arc was one of the most significant in ENT.

Basically, I just don't see how a large number of people could forget him. You did obviously, and there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't know how widespread it would be.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited June 2018
    Soong is a rather memorable surname, and it also has a lineage. Plus he's existing crew. Malik, as a name, is rather forgettable, and he was part of a group where everyone was pretty much dressed the same.

Tosk is a little memorable because of that "Is that your name or your species?" line.

So I get why Malik wasn't extremely high on everyone's radar. Most people would probably remember him after a very quick refresher, though. As for me, I found myself hoping he would be in the mega without being sure about his name before checking.
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Soong is a rather memorable surname, and it also has a lineage. Plus he's existing crew. Malik, as a name, is rather forgettable, and he was part of a group where everyone was pretty much dressed the same.

Tosk is a little memorable because of that "Is that your name or your species?" line.

So I get why Malik wasn't extremely high on everyone's radar. Most people would probably remember him after a very quick refresher, though. As for me, I found myself hoping he would be in the mega without being sure about his name before checking.

Personally I find the name Malik to be memorable, but maybe that's just me. Plus he was the cause of most of the conflict. They also said his name a bunch, so this isn't a "oh, that guy actually had a name?" situation.

*shrug* I thought he seemed like a pretty memorable guy, to each their own.

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited June 2018
    Malik is a relatively common name in several parts of the world. It means "King".

Of course, this Malik does not really look like a Malik, lol. Dunno if that should have made it more memorable, or less.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than 1 episode for these Augments...........maybe next week DB?
    2gpl2608ikj9.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

I had to look him up but remember Soong the big difference between the two is that one was played by the actor who also played one of the most popular characters in Star Trek history
    My point specifically was that people remembered Arik Soong and not Malik, despite them being of equal importance and having more or less equal screen time.

Again difference between popular actor and unknown actor.
    Basically, I just don't see how a large number of people could forget him. You did obviously, and there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't know how widespread it would be.

I would expect it would be pretty widespread
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Is your argument that all one-off characters are instantly forgettable? Tosk for instance was only in one episode that aired about 20 years ago, yet I'm sure almost everyone immediately recognised him. Malik was also very memorable, and that arc was one of the most significant in ENT.

I didn't have to look him up, but given the relative popularity of Enterprise vs something much more popular like DS9 I can see a lot of folks saying "who's Malik?". I figure Soong is likely more memorable to folks because of who played him...
  • KantKant ✭✭✭
    Dax is so cuteby23cvpnhc67.jpg
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Malik is a relatively common name in several parts of the world. It means "King".

Of course, this Malik does not really look like a Malik, lol. Dunno if that should have made it more memorable, or less.

See, for me common names are more memorable. "Malik" is a well-known name to me, and has appeared in many other things I've read/watched/played, so when I hear it, I instantly make a connection to many other Maliks (and one Marik :P) which helps me remember. Again, probably just me.

It should also be noted that at the time of watching the episode I found Malik particularly attractive. So perhaps for guys (straight ones at least) he is less memorable? Didn't really take that into account before lol

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, Malik was rather memorable for me. Probably because he reminded me very strongly of the guy that played Paul Atreides on the last Sci-Fi Dune. I thought the pair of episodes were decent.

I will say though, Arik Soon was even more memorable. I mean Brent Spiner. Soong. Even his comment at the end of the show, "I don't think Humanity can be perfected. Maybe rebotics? But that's too big for just me, it might take another generation or two."