Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A Quiet Coup - 06/14

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just need more augments so that we can get our augment cryo collections done.

I'll have mine done if there is a new 4* Augment in the finale.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    DB took a character people have been asking for for years and burned half the good will by failing to predict the completely obvious fan reaction of including it in a DS9/Augment event.

I've been playing 3 and a bit months and as soon as I read the event crew for this event I hopped straight on over to the forums because, (as I told my OH as I read a selection of my absolute favourite comments out to him,) people are going to be pissed. If I know this after a couple of months of play then I'm pretty confident DB already knew our reaction.

I've spent some time thinking about why.....why have they done this after the storm that was created during the last mega (there's not enough romulans, where are my romulans, this event is an utter travesty etc etc) added with the change to threshold/ranked rewards (have to admit that's resulted in myself reducing the amount of packs I buy because I'm having to airlock 4*s) PLUS, and this is the bit that really cracks me up....WhyTF have they taken a much requested character and stuck them a DS9/augment event (have seen the argument for augment inclusion and I'm not totally buying it....)

DB: nononono, not Augments ffs, they'll finish that collection off too soon. Nope, no main DS9 crew, loads of them have working on that crew for weeks, we're making it too easy for them. Nooooooo, absolutely no eng primary, don't they see we alrdy gave Dax a little bit, with even more DIP, we know everyone still needs DIP.
    Oh, are we being mean...?
    I know, give them 8472, they've been asking for that for ages.....
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Hoping for Broken Nose Kira for the final week if they continue this Bell Riots trend.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for Broken Nose Kira for the final week if they continue this Bell Riots trend.

I'm hoping for any Kira since she is long overdue for a new card. Even a 3* would be great because she would very likely do all sec nodes on both Saturday and Sunday.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping for Broken Nose Kira for the final week if they continue this Bell Riots trend.

Don't be ridiculous, it will be Augmented Janeway.
    DB: Do Better
  • Jim Steele wrote: »

No. It will be an Augmented Janeway/Burnham hybrid from a serious mash-up accident.
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »

No. It will be an Augmented Janeway/Burnham hybrid from a serious mash-up accident.

That would be a great idea. Each could be a 4* and merging together become a 5*. The first 5* combo in the game. They become augmented as a 5* once merged.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »

I can't be certain, but that looks like an Augment Neelix in the background....hmmm .....
    vlbia9mblgfz.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    My line of thinking is this is Augment AND DS9 mega event not Augment DS9 mega event.

So far we have had
    Enemy Lines Sisko - DS9
    Danar - Should count as Augment int the adjective sense
    Young Khan - Augment
    Bashir - DS9

Dax - DS9
    Malik - Augment
    Soong - Founder of Augments

Species 8472 - Voyager
    Sarina Douglas - DS9 / Augment
    Drone 7 of 9- Voyager

Before this event announcement we had exactly what what I was expecting Some Augments and some DS9 Crew.

I'll reserve full judgement till the next event announcement, at present this would seem to a blip of inconsistency and could easily be explained by licencing complications. But I am surprised that drone 7 was included as a recurring purple and not someone like Augment Riker or RAF Bashir - there were a few possibilities for a recurring purple crew not to mention DS9 characters.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't they reuse an awesome Augment for the final week? I'd love to get Wrathful Khan.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't they reuse an awesome Augment for the final week? I'd love to get Wrathful Khan.

I wouldn't count on it. Event 4 has, historically, featured 3 new characters while events 1-3 usually have 1 repeat character apiece.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    And even if they do one repeat card the chances of it being the 5 are pretty slim.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Species 8472 "augmented" their own blood to be able to shapeshift into human form, would not also the reverse be logical to assume?

Therefore, we could have a Janeway 8472 Augment!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even if they do one repeat card the chances of it being the 5 are pretty slim.

I believe Grilka is the only time that has happened so far in a Mega Event.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    furyd wrote: »
    Nope, no main DS9 crew, loads of them have working on that crew for weeks, we're making it too easy for them.

This is all getting a little Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition now.

Cardinal #1: There are NO DS9 main crew in this event!
    Cardinal #2: (sotto voce) Sisko?
    Cardinal #1: There has only been ONE DS9 main crew in this event, Captain Sisko and Dr Bashir!
    Cardinal #2: *polite cough*
    Cardinal #1: There have only been TWO DS9 main crew in this event, Captain Sisko, Dr Bashir and Jadzia Dax!
    Cardinal #2: *polite coughing*

Yes, more DS9 crew would've been nice, but can we all wait until the the fourth event before getting the comfy chair out?

I was, you know, exaggerating for the sake of comic effect :)

Also, I like your post, so I stand by mine or you wouldn't have written yours :D an awesome for you B)
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    My line of thinking is this is Augment AND DS9 mega event not Augment DS9 mega event.

So far we have had
    Enemy Lines Sisko - DS9
    Danar - Should count as Augment int the adjective sense
    Young Khan - Augment
    Bashir - DS9

Dax - DS9
    Malik - Augment
    Soong - Founder of Augments

Species 8472 - Voyager
    Sarina Douglas - DS9 / Augment
    Drone 7 of 9- Voyager

Before this event announcement we had exactly what what I was expecting Some Augments and some DS9 Crew.

I'll reserve full judgement till the next event announcement, at present this would seem to a blip of inconsistency and could easily be explained by licencing complications. But I am surprised that drone 7 was included as a recurring purple and not someone like Augment Riker or RAF Bashir - there were a few possibilities for a recurring purple crew not to mention DS9 characters.
    If Species 8472 "augmented" their own blood to be able to shapeshift into human form, would not also the reverse be logical to assume?

Therefore, we could have a Janeway 8472 Augment!

My thoughts posted many pages back were that Species 8472 could very easily be using some sort of augmenting technology to appear human, and it could also be argued that the Borg nano-probes are technology that augments the host body to become Borg.

If that's the case, Drone 7 is effectively another involuntary augment (same as Bashir), is a Borg (new and efficient augmentation technology for Augment faction), and has a unique relationship to introduce Species 8472 (totally new augmentation technology for Augment faction and potential threat to DS9) to the STT universe (and she's the recurring crew, so there's more leniency allowed I would think).

Depending on the storytelling and how plausible the plot line is - and how loosely the term "augment" can be defined within STT - this coming event may not be as bizarre as it seems at first glance. It could be a way to modernize and provide an evolution to the Augment faction from ENT/TOS, and even those still augmenting into the DS9 era.
  • My guess on how this event story is going to go:

8472 and the Romulans are going to offer help to Danar, which will result in Drone Seven bringing Borg help for Khan (or vice versa). Then Sarina will work with 31 to keep both sides ally-less.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. this isn't quite the same and the 8472 is hardly brussel sprouts, but when you pick A, you want A.. not G or T or J.. perfectly fine options to just bring out another time.

Off on a tangent, but I couldn't help but read that in Scotty's voice... :D
  • muskegmuskeg ✭✭
    All I wanted from this mega was Sarina and Patrick, so we’re halfway there, though a new Keiko would be great.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    On another note, what does everyone think Sarina's skills will be? I'm assuming we're going to see some DIP, but I feel like an argument could be made for a MED/SCI/ENG character. Wouldn't that be a nice way to counteract the negativity of the past few days? *bats eyes at DB*
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I wanted from this mega was Sarina and Patrick, so we’re halfway there, though a new Keiko would be great.

We JUST got a new Keiko, she is not an interesting enough character to get another one already
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    On another note, what does everyone think Sarina's skills will be? I'm assuming we're going to see some DIP, but I feel like an argument could be made for a MED/SCI/ENG character. Wouldn't that be a nice way to counteract the negativity of the past few days? *bats eyes at DB*

Would be nice, but I fear that their reasoning seems to be limited to "pretty ladies get DIP".
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to think based just on the 2(?) episodes she was in. Maybe SCI/ENG/MED (or SCI/MED/ENG)? Although wouldn't surprise me if she's only 2 skill knowing DB. If they unofficially delve into her character in the novels she'd probably have SEC based on her Sec 31 & Starfleet Intelligence connections...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sarina Douglas saved the whole alpha quadrant when she freed Bashir after the other ds9 augment misfits had tied him up. Bashir was only able to stop Jack, Patrick, and Lauren from giving away vital Federation information to the Dominion because of Sarina.
    Let’s fly!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...snip)
    As much sense as the end of part one saying Roga essentially lacked all free will and was a mindless killing machine
    He wasn't, and whoever got that from the episode missed a lot

Perhaps the rest of the notes from that particular cocktail napkin with the notes for this event got a stain on it where it said "Mirror Roga Danar". DB has to quit having those boozers before event planning meetings.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...