Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: A Quiet Coup - 06/14

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in The Bridge
Event Name: A Quiet Coup
Event Type: Galaxy Event
Event Crew: Species 8472 Invader 5* (New), Sarina Douglas 4* (New) and Drone Seven Of Nine 4* (existing)
Event Dates: Thursday 06/14 until Monday 06/18

Mega Event recurrent featured crew: Bell Riots Bashir 5* (Existing)

Event factions: Section 31, Augments, Romulan Star Empire

Bonus crew:
• high bonus: event crew and Bell Riots Bashir
• small bonus: variants of Seven Of Nine, Roga Danar, and crew with the Augment trait.

Comments

• Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Nice 5*! Please get the artwork right...please?
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Why is 8742 in a DS9/Augment Event?

for the same reason Seven of Nine is in the event.....
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two cards I've been looking forward to, plus a reason to finally finish that Seven. I approve! But am also confused AF as to how this will all come together.
  • Why is 8472 in a DS9/Augment Event? 2 Voyager Characters somewhere they don't belong.

Be thankful Sarina wasn't Augment Janeway for the Voyager hat-trick
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I got roasted last week for not knowing a character I had seen ONCE a DECADE AGO, who is Miss Douglas?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    8wodrdik72sw.jpeg
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I got roasted last week for not knowing a character I had seen ONCE a DECADE AGO, who is Miss Douglas?

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Sarina_Douglas
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx. I do not even recall seeing her once. But, nice add. I am guessing she was connected in some way to the whole Augmented Bashir thing?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    ow7jo2y4t6b3.jpeg
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what? *sigh* And these first two weeks were doing so well, too! :( I know a lot of players have been asking for Species 8472 since they started playing the game, so I'm glad they're finally getting their wish, but it does feel like an intrusion into the mega-event at hand. I can assure those interested players, I won't be in the top 1000 squeezing you out of snagging one; good luck!

Given that the reward table schema within each mega-event has been consistent, I expect Sarina Douglas to be the rank reward 4*. I might make a go at her, depending on what else occupies my attention during the event, or I may just content myself with the 1/4 from the community rewards and bail after getting the next star on Darth Bashir.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx. I do not even recall seeing her once. But, nice add. I am guessing she was connected in some way to the whole Augmented Bashir thing?

She was. And now stands as the only character next week that has any tie-in to the supposed theme of this mega-event.

She’s the woman that Bashir helped who came to DS9 with Jack, Patrick and Lauren.
  • Although I got roasted last week for not knowing a character I had seen ONCE a DECADE AGO, who is Miss Douglas?

thazjmbfts3n.jpeg
  • I love the characters... personally I think that Seven is the only odd one. Species 8472 was supposed to be genetic biological perfection much to which the Augments inspire or are designed to be.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose you could argue that the Borg are augments in a way. However, unless the three cards in the final week are versions of Kira, Odo and O'Brien we are going to have a DS9 event which is missing at least one of the main station crew.
    r20shbs7s2d7.jpeg

Mebbe a ship to?
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I suppose you could argue that the Borg are augments in a way.

They’re certainly augmented in a way, but they aren’t part of the Augment faction which was supposed to be part of the event along with DS9.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on trends I'll be getting bashir and then sitting out. I'm assuming seven will be the threshold rewards and Sarina will be ranked. I'm got seven maxed already.....
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I suppose you could argue that the Borg are augments in a way.

They’re certainly augmented in a way, but they aren’t part of the Augment faction which was supposed to be part of the event along with DS9.

I agree and i dont understand the logic myself
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck happened to this event? How did we get to species 8472? This is nonsense.