Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay Skirmish Event !
    Happy :)

Oooh oh.. I'm happy.. this is bad.
    What's going to go wrong now.
    (Laughing with fear)
  • [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    And again, a skirmish event on the one weekend in the month, where I have no time to play. *sigh*
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will wait to see Geordi’s stats before deciding how much time to invest in this one. I wasn’t able to invest enough time to hit top 1k on the last skirmish event which I regret as I needed a good Sisko. Perhaps it will be different this time...
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help me remember, were skills a big deal in the Skirmish event? (I don't think they were)
    I ask because I see another lopsided skillset. Geordi has some Med (Doctor La Forge), but no one else really does.

But it probably doesn't matter.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes no difference. Put Weyoun on the ship and you get max VP. Then just fill the rest with your best overall ship crew regardless of if they're bonus crew.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited to get another crack at a Skirmish.

@Shan any idea about the bonus ships?
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before we get too excited, we should know what changes they've made to the event.

Precisely. Especially after some of the really stupid ideas tossed around last time, there's a huge chance to turn a nice crew building event into a painful **tsk tsk** like galaxies.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume with how it works, there was zero changes
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's probably not much chance I'll rank in this event, ENG will make it very competitive. After threshold today I've got 300 chrons left, and I picked another 100 up in gauntlet. 2 Borg collective packs means I've hardly any dilithium left to extend voyages this week, however I'm still really looking forward to this next event. I didnt get huge chron drops the first time around so if theyve nerfed the rewards I'm not sure I'd notice too much. Even if they have, I'm looking forward to the holoemmiters dropping so I can help my fleetmates build up our star base.
    I like skirmish a lot, I have my niece's and nephews staying this week so I can relax, enjoy the weekend and let my chrons stack up.

Thanks DB, have to admit I was a little put out with the bugs and tribbles of the last week. Another galaxy sink annoyed me as I can't work on my crew and given I've never much chance of ranking I go for the 4* crew and this week's Torres is not at all pretty and Im not sure what happened with the art on Reed. However, my excitement has returned and I'm looking forward to next week while being happy I have something to focus on in the wait. I've no existing crew so I'll see how well I can build those chrons up! Hopefully the crew and the art will be the icing on the cake 🍰
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Not looking forward to the grind of playing skirmish over 4 days. Excited it will be a geordi which I'm hoping with be a primary ENG but its gonna be super competitive. If im not wrong the first skirmish saw players with 6mil+ VP.... Wish they would do community rewards in Skirmishes though.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna go hard, gonna go fast. Watch out, the arena demoness is about!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this certainly makes the choice of Episode 8 faction victory easier.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in favour. Looking forward to it.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Shan wrote: »
    Unfortunately that is not something I can do.
    Accidentally read that as "Unfortunately that is something I can do" and almost had an aneurysm. hnnpln3ryikp.gif
    They say time is the fire in which we burn.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    Will wait to see Geordi’s stats before deciding how much time to invest in this one. I wasn’t able to invest enough time to hit top 1k on the last skirmish event which I regret as I needed a good Sisko. Perhaps it will be different this time...

Stats or not, if the rewards are unnerfed, play. I carried in like 3k chrono, and due to the feedback loop did nearly 55k chrono worth of farming during the event.

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Well, this certainly makes the choice of Episode 8 faction victory easier.

I had chosen Karr when I first started, I didn't know who Weyoun was 😣😭😭
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Stats or not, if the rewards are unnerfed, play. I carried in like 3k chrono, and due to the feedback loop did nearly 55k chrono worth of farming during the event.
    And honor, honor! I got like 20-25k. This time I plan to get at least one citation out of it if no nerf.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    And honor, honor! I got like 20-25k. This time I plan to get at least one citation out of it if no nerf.

I got somewhere between 15-20k honour from that first Skirmish event and if I can get that again it'll be sweet. I'm just about to get the 20k honour bonus for hitting level 70 and I've been sitting on a 5* citation waiting to hear if there's another mega event on the horizon. A good showing in this event means I can use it on someone else and then luck into enough honour to replace it. Should be fun.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »

I got somewhere between 15-20k honour from that first Skirmish event and if I can get that again it'll be sweet. I'm just about to get the 20k honour bonus for hitting level 70 and I've been sitting on a 5* citation waiting to hear if there's another mega event on the horizon. A good showing in this event means I can use it on someone else and then luck into enough honour to replace it. Should be fun.

I'm predicting that the honor and chrons will be nerfed into oblivion and replaced by trainers. That's DB's M.O. when players are happy with something.
  • I hope they've fixed the event so I don't get booted this time when I attempt to play. Wasn't really able to properly assess whether or not I like Skirmishes due to issues last time.
  • Is Thot Gor a x2 bonus as she is a Breen?

You sure it's a she, eh?

Pretty much implied in the name lol

I feel yea. I think of Thot Gor every time I hear "You can't trust THOTs." ;)

vcjs9ed36uji.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • LeForge = ENG = bloodbath

It’s going to be very competitive. 38k crons and counting 😎

The biggest problem is not having enough chrons, the hardest part at least during the first one, is being able to do it quickly and non stop for 4 days straight lol
  • @shan, when will we get the announcement telling us what changes were made to Skirmishes, or will we need to wait 'till after the Event starts to find out?
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • I look forward to another skirmish, but i do wish it was a hybrid...oh well, i'll totally play the heck out of this.
  • Well, if LaForge is good enough (I too am looking for an ENG) I do have 51K chrons. But he'd have to be bonkers for me to commit that much time to it. I'll probably pass unless he's like 1,300 base.
  • BigstupidgrinBigstupidgrin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I would be SO much more hyped if it was a galaxy event...
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if they made it so people cant run scripts and have to manually click
  • What ships? Kind of important.
    A Dominion ship would be nice.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenian1213 wrote: »
    What ships? Kind of important.
    A Dominion ship would be nice.

Does it really matter? We're just going to use our strongest legendary ship anyway.