Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ard'Rian McKenzie also has possibilities for Eng and Med (possibly CMD too):
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ard'rian_McKenzie
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • From the announcement in Starfleet Communications:
    Likewise all ship abilities should now all have their proper name.
    'fraid not:
    24s6s23kgnot.png
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Shan wrote: »
    From the announcement in Starfleet Communications:
    'fraid not:
    24s6s23kgnot.png

*grumbles*

Having said that, I now can't replicate it, so maybe it's sorted?
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    'fraid not:
    24s6s23kgnot.png

*grumbles*

Hmm that is odd. Let me know if it happens again then :)
    I will inquire on my end as well.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    'fraid not:
    24s6s23kgnot.png

*grumbles*

Hmm that is odd. Let me know if it happens again then :)
    I will inquire on my end as well.

C'mon, leave them in. We need some levity to these events, and those names were fun.

As an aside, crew selection still bites the big one, so I set my ship up once, and am never going back to that screen again.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone get any chroniton rewards from battles yet? I haven't got any but might just be unlucky
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Anyone get any chroniton rewards from battles yet? I haven't got any but might just be unlucky

Yes,Ive had around 4-5 76 chron sets drop
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭

I think I got chroni 4 times in the 28 choices I made so far. One honor reward only though :(
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

have had a few. also the bug where sometimes other rewards (300vp probably) have the chron icon is still there. pretty sure i didn't get 300 chron but since none of the currency counters are visible on that screen besides dil i'm not 100% sure..

hmm, hit another 300 chron, but it actually looks like it added to my total. maybe not a bug after all.
  • Yateball wrote: »

I'm currently chroniton positive (+900) from where i started the event. and thats AFTER spending 500
  • Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭

You are just unlucky. I've gotten a TON of chrons so far.
    PzeRsQw.png
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my first 9 runs, I've amassed over 1000 chronotons from drops. At this rate, it would be impossible for me to burn all of my intelligence if I re-invested all of it in space missions.
    edited July 2018
    In my first 9 runs, I've amassed over 1000 chronotons from drops. At this rate, it would be impossible for me to burn all of my intelligence if I re-invested all of it in space missions.

Lucky. My first 6 got me 76 chrons total, and ran out of intelligence after just 5 runs. Eh, well, DBNG strikes again.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    After 52 choices I have 6 chronitons and 6 honor which is in the ballpark of the stated drop rates. Looks like it's left unchanged. You need 200+ reps to see it average out.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    If anybody cares, La Forge is the worst single crew to use in this phase, getting a double trait match only on the second battle. Weyoun and Dukat are a tie. Weyoun gets a double match on battle 4, and a single match on 3, with Dukat gettinga double match on battle one and a single match on battle 3. And we all know battle 5 iis completely uses to have traits since it ever so wisely gives no bonus reward.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anybody cares, La Forge is the worst single crew to use in this phase, getting a double trait match only on the second battle. Weyoun and Dukat are a tie. Weyoun gets a double match on battle 4, and a single match on 3, with Dukat gettinga double match on battle one and a single match on battle 3. And we all know battle 5 iis completely uses to have traits since it ever so wisely gives no bonus reward.

If you have a maxed 5 star ship, none of this matters, stick Dukat in one slot and use whoever you want in the others and you get max VP
    edited July 2018

Can you clarify what you mean? Using any of the three event crew (Interfaced La Forge, Weyoun, or Breen Dukat) will yield the same 2x score modifier regardless of mission and regardless of the selected traits.
  • Cmdr Worf's HeadCmdr Worf's Head ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    And we all know battle 5 iis completely uses to have traits since it ever so wisely gives no bonus reward.

And not to pile on, but the bonus works on battle 5. Without bonus it's 1000, with event crew bonus it's 2000.

Edit: Oh, just released Peachtree covered that with 'regardless of mission'
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »

Yes,Ive had around 4-5 76 chron sets drop

I've had 2 so far.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

Can you suggest a character from ST that would fit that description well? We've got that combo (but with Command primary) in Delta Flyer Paris. Is he the only one? With Doctor La Forge (Geordi as Dr. Watson) already in the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with another character that would fit this description.

The only one I can think of that might would be Dr. Lewis Zimmerman, creator of the EMH. ENG primary for designing the program, MED secondary because it is a medical program, and CMD because general crustiness can be mildly commanding.

I think Lewis Zimmerman would be a good choice.

My suggestion is the same one I've been saying since I first began playing the game, Nomad. It certainly would have ENG/ MED/. I doubt his third skill would be CMD or DIP. But surely Security would fit. ENG/ MED/ SEC. Would make a great crew member.

• HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Ard'Rian McKenzie also has possibilities for Eng and Med (possibly CMD too):
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ard'rian_McKenzie

I definitely agree. She could be great character
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

Can you suggest a character from ST that would fit that description well? We've got that combo (but with Command primary) in Delta Flyer Paris. Is he the only one? With Doctor La Forge (Geordi as Dr. Watson) already in the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with another character that would fit this description.

I’ve often felt like Doctor Crusher’s engineering abilities, due to her cybernetics experience, get overlooked by a lot of people. I wouldn’t put ENG ahead of MED, but I could see a Crusher variant with MED/ENG/COM working out. I’m not 100% sure where the artwork would come from, though, but I am sure someone with a better memory of TNG could figure it out.

That episode with the Metaphasic Shield.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

I’ve often felt like Doctor Crusher’s engineering abilities, due to her cybernetics experience, get overlooked by a lot of people. I wouldn’t put ENG ahead of MED, but I could see a Crusher variant with MED/ENG/COM working out. I’m not 100% sure where the artwork would come from, though, but I am sure someone with a better memory of TNG could figure it out.

That episode with the Metaphasic Shield.

Thank you!
  • Is this event over yet?
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

One or two very small ones.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Bones from ST-IV Undiscovered Country would fit that bill nicely, trying to resuscitate Gorkon, and later as Spock asks "Would you care to assist me in performing surgery on a torpedo?" e.g. ENG/MED. He is generally always on the bridge sassing/"ordering" Spock & Kirk, (and everyone else), therefore CMD.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH i'm trying to weigh up whether to use bonus crew or not for me they do nothing for the battles except draw it out longer Weyoun has standard evasion boost and dukat has shield regen after cloaking. If I can finish a battle twice as fast or more without using bonus crew and still maintain intel/chron accumulation is there really any point to using bonus crew?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Does the intel you have gathered reset at phase change?
    edited July 2018
    Does the intel you have gathered reset at phase change?

No, intel cost per mission resets