Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• Pink Bebe wrote: »
    @shan, when will we get the announcement telling us what changes were made to Skirmishes, or will we need to wait 'till after the Event starts to find out?

I’d be shocked to see major changes. If I ain’t broken, dont fix it. With all the “work” they have right now, last thing they want is introduce new bugs. Plus, a lot of their staff might on vacation in July. Only thing I could see change are the drop rates (SHOULD be easy the change without any issues)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenian1213 wrote: »
    What ships? Kind of important.
    A Dominion ship would be nice.

Does it really matter? We're just going to use our strongest legendary ship anyway.

Borg Cube was great for me in the first skirmish.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fenian1213 wrote: »
    What ships? Kind of important.
    A Dominion ship would be nice.

Does it really matter? We're just going to use our strongest legendary ship anyway.

And its not like we have to pull a ship out of the freezer.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    Could we see a new 2* crew? None of the event crew have 2* variants.
  • Breen Warship

zwx8kcyza2z7.jpg
  • I would be SO much more hyped if it was a galaxy event...

Why????

Because there is a small percentage of us who actually like galaxy events 😉
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Will other Breen and Vorta also be event crew?
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will other Breen and Vorta also be event crew?

Tuesday, as usual.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • LeForge = ENG = bloodbath

It’s going to be very competitive. 38k crons and counting 😎

I'm just hoping La Forge = ENG, but after seeing O'Brien = SEC and not ENG gotta wait and see.
    LeForge = ENG = bloodbath

I'm just hoping La Forge = ENG, but after seeing O'Brien = SEC and not ENG gotta wait and see.

That O'Brien is non-canon though. This Geordi is from a TNG episode. I'm guessing he will be eng primary and sci secondary, with hopefully cmd or dip as a 3rd skil.
  • I don't expect that they will make major changes.

However, I think it's likely they'll be better about diversifying the traits that get bonuses, so you can't use a single crew across the matches.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I don't expect that they will make major changes.

However, I think it's likely they'll be better about diversifying the traits that get bonuses, so you can't use a single crew across the matches.

I hope not crew selection was a PITA for the last skirmish so if they didn't fix selection I hope they leave it so you can set and forget with a featured crew.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could ignore the crew selection issues in Arena as most folks didn't change crew that often and many just didn't even do that game mode. If skirmishes are a real thing now they need to really REALLY fix that interface.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't expect that they will make major changes.

Except traits were meaningless, that's the issue. Once you get the first threshold event crew, that crew supersedes all traits. I never even looked at traits once I confirmed the mechanics of skirmishes. They need to fundamentally change the gameplay to make traits significant. Given the short turnaround, I doubt they did anything besides possibly nerfing the drop rates.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see some of the skirmish issues fixed especially the high lvl of clicking required.
    Let’s fly!
  • [SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't get the appeal of skirmish events. I hated the last one. It got sick of it very quickly and stopped playing the event the first day. It's bad enough finishing all the Arena missions each day.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping the next skirmish would be part of a hybrid event. I hope they don't make too many tweaks to the event. If I'm going to trudge through 4 days of this, I want some good rewards like last time.
    Farewell 🖖
    Nerfball6 wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of skirmish events. I hated the last one. It got sick of it very quickly and stopped playing the event the first day. It's bad enough finishing all the Arena missions each day.

It was a great way to farm honor among other things. I found it much more enjoyable than the arena.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Although the mechanics of ship battles are the same, it’s all about the rewards. Tons of honor and holoemitters make up for any drudgery I may have experienced.
  • Davey1983Davey1983 ✭✭✭

I really like the fact that I get rewarded for leveling up my people during the event. Run some ship missions, get stuff to level my crew, get intel to participate in the event. Event gives me honor and other rewards. Repeat. I leveled several crew last time, it was great!
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely my favorite (hopefully) regular basis event.. still love the expeditions but with then bring relegated to mega event only, this has hands down become my favorite.

I truely hope they've made no changes since the first one. Other then crew selector, they got this Bang on right, right out the gate.

• Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    LeForge = ENG = bloodbath

....and “Commander” O’Brien had no COM...it all makes some sort of twisted nonsense...
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely my favorite (hopefully) regular basis event.. still love the expeditions but with then bring relegated to mega event only, this has hands down become my favorite.

I truely hope they've made no changes since the first one. Other then crew selector, they got this Bang on right, right out the gate.

That's a big other.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course Weyoun comes up in a Voyage now, making my copy FF, and therefore causing me to be less likely to risk buying event packs.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course Weyoun comes up in a Voyage now, making my copy FF, and therefore causing me to be less likely to risk buying event packs.

Sounds like a win to me. You only needed 1 unleveled for the event anyways.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Sounds like a win to me. You only needed 1 unleveled for the event anyways.

I've had Weyoun at 3/4 for at least 6 months. I was going to buy packs, because either I get Weyoun or Dukat, to FF either of them, or get lucky and get La Forge. Either way, it was less risky.

Now it's about 48% more likely to be straight honor. Yea?
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Breen ships visible in game now, a 5* and 3* version.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updating the main post with the following:

Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of La Forge, and variants of Dukat.

Bonus ships:
    • Jem'Hadar Fighter 2* (Existing)
    • Breen Warship 3* (New)
    • Breen Command Warship 5* (New)