Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys make DB character research look so inefficient. Those are all excellent points and all correct

I don’t joke or feel entitled when I say DB should really consider putting together a focus group of players to help vet trait and skill choices before publishing. I recall a comment from Shan saying that sometimes competitive balance will dictate what skills, skill levels, and traits are assigned but this way DB could avoid some of the more embarrassing mistakes.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I love the look of Breen Dukat. Geordi looks pretty good too, but I don't have the time this weekend to grind for him. I have lots of chrons saved but I'm more interested in farming loads of holoemitters for my fleet.

I like that there's a new 2* and that Skirmish events have schematics for new ships among the threshold rewards.
    I love the look of Breen Dukat. Geordi looks pretty good too, but I don't have the time this weekend to grind for him. I have lots of chrons saved but I'm more interested in farming loads of holoemitters for my fleet.

I like that there's a new 2* and that Skirmish events have schematics for new ships among the threshold rewards.

The beauty of Skirmish events is that participating in the event ends of getting you more holoemitters than you would if you sat on the sidelines, even if you don’t make it into the top 1000.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am 100% totally looking forward to this event.....

However....

DB.

DIP as primary??? I should be more disappointed about this but I'll accept it as not so many players will be chasing him so I might have more of a chance myself.
    Again, the schematics are 25 off actually having the ship. I've already bought 2 ship packs for this event, and only recieved the 3* schematics (plus I finished my first 4*, the Voyager, you guys really know how to have a laugh)
    Finally, double checking the info? Are you guys really that overworked or are you too busy keeping up with the football?

As I said, I'm still looking forward to the event, so much so that I've taken Bones from level 20 to immortilised this evening just so I can claim the 72 dilithium I need from collections to buy another pack. Fingers crossed for La Forge. I'd love to have him <3
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    Great art here, so much better than other recent new additions.
    And also great to see another new 2* character, and a regular in a proper uniform too - perfect.

Unfortunately, the endless CMD/DIP/SEC characters really are very tiresome nowadays... I mean, how many of these do we need really?
  • "DIP as primary??? I should be more disappointed about this but I'll accept it as not so many players will be chasing him so I might have more of a chance myself."

Bad news I'm afraid, he's #5 Base Dip and also a bridge crew so beneficial in events - could get very competitive.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    "DIP as primary??? I should be more disappointed about this but I'll accept it as not so many players will be chasing him so I might have more of a chance myself."

Bad news I'm afraid, he's #5 Base Dip and also a bridge crew so beneficial in events - could get very competitive.

Also a top voyage crew.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk over substance. DB are desperate not to give us decent engineers. And while Dukat's stats are not unexpected, that cmd/sec/dip combo gets a bit tired.

Still, it's a pretty good event for crew other than that, and I enjoyed the last skirmish so let's enjoy!
  • "DIP as primary??? I should be more disappointed about this but I'll accept it as not so many players will be chasing him so I might have more of a chance myself."

Also a top voyage crew.

Excellent. I've been playing less than 5 months. I'm sure he will be an fantastic addition to my crew 💞

nenazafis900.png

Grats Seven, I'm glad to see you got him as I enjoy your posts here :smiley:
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    "DIP as primary??? I should be more disappointed about this but I'll accept it as not so many players will be chasing him so I might have more of a chance myself."

Also a top voyage crew.

Excellent. I've been playing less than 5 months. I'm sure he will be an fantastic addition to my crew 💞

nenazafis900.png

Grats Seven, I'm glad to see you got him as I enjoy your posts here :smiley:

Awww, thank you 😊😊
    o06ed5znls12.png

k59cnk9qs79a.png

This is very cool. Does it also mean that crew can actually be added to the portal straight away or have I totally misunderstood?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very cool. Does it also mean that crew can actually be added to the portal straight away or have I totally misunderstood?

They could be if DB wanted to, but they haven't wanted to so far. Other than some 2's & 3's that have been added right away (while others not).
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.
    Let’s fly!
  • [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had enough DIL for three packs, got two Weyoun and a Dukat, so moderately successful at least. Honestly don’t need another 1/5 legendary I’m pretty full on slots right now as it is.

• This is very cool. Does it also mean that crew can actually be added to the portal straight away or have I totally misunderstood?

They could be if DB wanted to, but they haven't wanted to so far. Other than some 2's & 3's that have been added right away (while others not).

I and at least one of my fleetmates already got this new cadet La Forge in voyages today. Lends a little credence to the idea that they skew voyage drops toward event crew, or just extreme coincidence.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

I and at least one of my fleetmates already got this new cadet La Forge in voyages today. Lends a little credence to the idea that they skew voyage drops toward event crew, or just extreme coincidence.

Definitely. I got prisoner Burnham before the event that way. Multiple copies. It is the only loot table they frequently update.
  • Pulled 4 packs: 2 Weyoun, 1 Dukat and 1 LeForge. I'm happy! LeForge should be a good addition to my 1/5* voyage crew along with my 1/5 Commander LeForge. I finally have some ENG/SCI crew.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Db needs to make event crew more valuable in skirmish events.
    Last time all you needed was one event crew for 3x bonus and just use the same crew every battle.
    Let’s fly!

He's just dropped for me too. Not sure my voyage will be back in time for the event but made me smile anyways
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a big gamble. I had Weyoun immortalized already, and I pulled him...

Then I bought the $12.99 Weyoun deal because I I figured that would be better than buying dil for another pack. Really lucky because I got a Geordi. I had him FE within 20 minutes.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

Can you suggest a character from ST that would fit that description well? We've got that combo (but with Command primary) in Delta Flyer Paris. Is he the only one? With Doctor La Forge (Geordi as Dr. Watson) already in the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with another character that would fit this description.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Hopefully db will give us a strong engineer in the next month event. I would like to see a eng primary, medical secondary, command tertiary crewmember.

Can you suggest a character from ST that would fit that description well? We've got that combo (but with Command primary) in Delta Flyer Paris. Is he the only one? With Doctor La Forge (Geordi as Dr. Watson) already in the game, I'm having a hard time coming up with another character that would fit this description.

The only one I can think of that might would be Dr. Lewis Zimmerman, creator of the EMH. ENG primary for designing the program, MED secondary because it is a medical program, and CMD because general crustiness can be mildly commanding.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    New 2* Geordi just dropped in Voyage with 2 hours to go before Event. Just funny.

8ticxu6ypnum.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...

The only one I can think of that might would be Dr. Lewis Zimmerman, creator of the EMH. ENG primary for designing the program, MED secondary because it is a medical program, and CMD because general crustiness can be mildly commanding.

Maybe. Hard to see him as command, though. Seems more like a coveted ENG/MED/SCI character to me. But maybe. I also think it's hard to see him as the featured crew for a whole mega event.
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the endless CMD/DIP/SEC characters really are very tiresome nowadays... I mean, how many of these do we need really?

I understand your point, but... many of the characters on the shows are exactly this type of skill mix. Would you prefer DB ignore that? In the past 7 months, we've been given quite a few strong MED crew (fixing a long-standing weakness), as well as a number of interesting mixes (e.g., Sarina Douglas, Mintakan Troi, Alan-a-Dale, to name just a few). Sooner or later, they'll get around to boosting up the ENG character set, and then we'll all be complaining about a different skill or skill combo. Cycles.
    For all the complainers about Dukat's skills, etc., don't forget that he fits in two collections. I was very pleased to draw a fourth copy of him on my first (and only) 10x pull for this event.

I’ve often felt like Doctor Crusher’s engineering abilities, due to her cybernetics experience, get overlooked by a lot of people. I wouldn’t put ENG ahead of MED, but I could see a Crusher variant with MED/ENG/COM working out. I’m not 100% sure where the artwork would come from, though, but I am sure someone with a better memory of TNG could figure it out.