Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Haunted Vessels - 07/12

Comments

• guest_7456guest_7456 ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Community rewards in phase 2?
    vn5tajbv12ii.png

Letting the team know!

yah, if you could find out for us what the rewards are in advance it would be much appreciated!
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    @Shan - Is there a reason Thot Gor does not provide a bonus with the Breen trait?

Probably because he is not event crew. Small bonus doesn't include Breen trait, only LaForge and Dukat.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, those Dukat stats. I was so pumped for the art on the card that I'm now pretty disappointed that I'll likely be freezing him as soon as he's finished.
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    @Shan - Is there a reason Thot Gor does not provide a bonus with the Breen trait?

Probably because he is not event crew. Small bonus doesn't include Breen trait, only LaForge and Dukat.

I figured as much; but I thought he'd provide a small bonus since he has the Breen trait. There have been many events in which crew who were not event crew added a small bonus because of a specific trait.

I figured as much; but I thought he'd provide a small bonus since he has the Breen trait. There have been many events in which crew who were not event crew added a small bonus because of a specific trait.
    for skirmish it's kinda pointless to have a ton of small bonus crew anyways. even if you start with zero bonus characters you get a free small bonus char after your first battle and and a full bonus crew after the first run.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Event Notes:
    The few Breen who have found themselves transported to the Alpha Quadrant via temporal anomaly...

The Breen are from the Alpha Quadrant! Who was asleep at the switch for this one?!?

Yah that's a strangely obvious mistake
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    From the Event Notes:
    The few Breen who have found themselves transported to the Alpha Quadrant via temporal anomaly...

The Breen are from the Alpha Quadrant! Who was asleep at the switch for this one?!?

Actually aren't they from Beta? Like Romulans they hate so much (and vice versa)? Not that it's far like Gamma and Delta though...
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    From the Event Notes:

Actually aren't they from Beta? Like Romulans they hate so much (and vice versa)? Not that it's far like Gamma and Delta though...

From memory alpha:
    The Breen were a reclusive, powerful, and warlike humanoid race, native to the planet Breen in the Alpha Quadrant.
  • al103 wrote: »
    From the Event Notes:

According to Memory Alpha, they're from the Alpha Quadrant.

Also, another comment: I'm surprised that Dukat has the Villain trait. Granted, he had planned to kill Ziyal if he found her, but he couldn't go through with it in the end.
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    I like the crewless ships thing... it kind of explains why they dont have crews in the battles! =)
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad pull.

azp8zzd4dnhb.jpeg

Much better than mine. I got a Weyoun. I did also get AoS Riker in a begold so that softened the blow lol.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I finally got lucky on event pulls. I pulled once and got Geordi, which is exactly what I wanted

I havent had that kind of luck since Mirror “Fox Mulder” Reed.
  • RennJaxo wrote: »
    Ugh, those Dukat stats. I was so pumped for the art on the card that I'm now pretty disappointed that I'll likely be freezing him as soon as he's finished.

Same here. Dukat is one of my favorite characters, so I'll be trying to get him FE/FF, but those stats...underwhelming to say the least. But they did come through with quality art this time. Just wish we'd gotten the complete package!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    guest_7456 wrote: »
    vn5tajbv12ii.png

Letting the team know!

yah, if you could find out for us what the rewards are in advance it would be much appreciated!

You misunderstand Shan. That's not a "yes there are community rewards and I'm finding out details", that's a "The team made another copy/paste mistake and forgot to remove old language. I'm letting the team know so they fix the text to remove information about the non-existent community rewards"
  • Tongo Rad wrote: »
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Same here. Dukat is one of my favorite characters, so I'll be trying to get him FE/FF, but those stats...underwhelming to say the least. But they did come through with quality art this time. Just wish we'd gotten the complete package!

At least he was not hard to level.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    vn5tajbv12ii.png

Letting the team know!

You misunderstand Shan. That's not a "yes there are community rewards and I'm finding out details", that's a "The team made another copy/paste mistake and forgot to remove old language. I'm letting the team know so they fix the text to remove information about the non-existent community rewards"

so, somebody copy and pasted the description from the last skirmish event. and then copied a single line from a galaxy event and pasted it in the middle. and then changed "phase 1" to "phase 2." all by accident.?

seems more likely that they simply forgot to change the part about the finishing before the phase change...
  • guest_7456 wrote: »
    vn5tajbv12ii.png

Letting the team know!

so, somebody copy and pasted the description from the last skirmish event. and then copied a single line from a galaxy event and pasted it in the middle. and then changed "phase 1" to "phase 2." all by accident.?

seems more likely that they simply forgot to change the part about the finishing before the phase change...

more like they took the last few lines from a hybrid event. since the last one is a generic squad message.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    Why is new 2* geordie innovator not in daystrom collection? It can't be cuz he's 2* cuz 1* torres counts
    ~ seeking out new life
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Why is new 2* geordie innovator not in daystrom collection? It can't be cuz he's 2* cuz 1* torres counts

Probably just haven't updated it yet.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

They have to manually add them to the collections. It took quite a while to get Gunslinger Uhura in the Western collection
    vn5tajbv12ii.png

Letting the team know!

more like they took the last few lines from a hybrid event. since the last one is a generic squad message.

aww nuts,maybe they meant for this to be a hybrid and then changed it without going over the copy properly.
    edited July 2018

shows up in mine, between daystrom and cochrane among the unowneds
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to add that this version of Geordi was the helmsman onboard the EnterpriseD. He should probably have the Pilot trait
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't 2* Geordi have the Pilot trait. He was the helmsman in the first season, when he wore the red uniform. It wasn't until the second season when he swapped to engineering and wore the yellow.

Granted, we don't think of Geordi as a Pilot like Tom Paris or Will "Joystick" Riker, but it was his job for a season.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just agreeing with @Ikrit and @DraftedMcCoy that this version of Geordi is a pilot. In fact, even when he was Chief of Engineering, he still had piloting skills as evidenced by his conversation with Captain Jellico about the risky shuttle mission to put mines on the hulls of the Cardassian ships. They compare is to a piloting maneuver called "Titan's Turn." La Forge could do the mission -- so he's certainly still a good enough pilot -- but Riker could "do it in his sleep."

In fact, if we think back to Geordi in that first season, he's not an innovator or a cyberneticist. Neither of these skills show up until his promotion to run engineering. So really his primary skill should be command.

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    You guys make DB character research look so inefficient. Those are all excellent points and all correct
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...