Home Engineering Room
Options

Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!

Comments

• Options
    PhantumPhantum ✭✭✭
    I also had recently updated to Android 9 when I lost ads for a week after reinstalling @Shan. I am fairly sure though the ads worked until I did a reinstall. https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12710/reinstalling-game-loses-all-ads-and-their-bonus-rewards
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Reinstallation did NOT work for me... =( still no ads and i have no doubt that it is going to hurt me for the upcoming mega event.

I don't know who else is in the same boat, but I am considering stopping any purchases in game until the issue is resolved.
  • Options
    @Shan i have been on Android 9 (Google Pixel) all along with no issues. I would be surprised if it was an Android 9 issue.

As I mentioned in my ticket, my issue started after my phone was factory reset and I was forced to reinstall (effectively on a "new" phone"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for providing these details, I hope we will find the source of the issue soon.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost once a day, I see the opportunity to play an ad for a double reward or for an extra dabo spin. I click it. I watch the ad. And then I’m denied the reward that was promised. This is the error message I see:

flxbyjb8yqlb.png

This also resets the timer for watching an ad for any other area - like bonus 10 chrons, etc., so not only am I denied the reward I’m promised, but I’m actually penalized for having watched the ad. This needs to be fixed. If the timer isn’t up for watching another ad and getting the reward, the box for clicking to watch the ad shouldn’t appear in the first place.

This has happened a lot to me when switching devices. I think there's a 23 or 24 hours reset time for the extra spin, but the moment you change to a different device it shows you the extra-spin button even if it's too early for it. Unfortunately, it seems like it does count that ad view as an extra spin even if it didn't work, so if you watched the ad you'll have to wait for another 23 or 24 hours for the next spin (and miss the extra spin for the current day).

What I've found on this is you can watch an ad every 24 hours for a free/fresh dabo spin. This is exactly 24 hours from the last time you watched the ad, no matter what device you're on. If you switch devices you will see the opportunity for the ad early on the new device, however if you go back to the first device that first one will remember the timer and not show you the ad button until the 24 hours is up. The trick I use is to only watch ads for dabo spin on one device that way I'm sure I don't try to watch it too early. I believe if you watch it too early then it resets the 24 hours but I'm not sure on that.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    To keep the game from crashing after collecting a 20 chrons boost, I close the menu immediately after clicking the chrons, before it finishes the button animation. It doesn't make any ad offer appear, though.

Since this started, I noticed I always get the message "Asset bundle [looks like 2 spaces here] not found in manifest" in the bottom right corner when starting or changing planets, but not sure it's related.

Also, my problem started when updating to the version that introduced Dabo ads, I believe. I am not sure, but maybe 7.0.0? I tried to fix it with a reinstall after other updates didn't help, but no help again.

When I had this problem before, it was on Android 5 quadcore with under 1GB RAM, but the ads worked after uninstalling from there and installing on an Android 7 octocore with 2GB RAM, but not immediately. It took an update or something for them to start appearing. Both devices are armv7l, though the newer one is supposed to support 64 bit, somehow.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    orionispax wrote: »
    @Shan i have been on Android 9 (Google Pixel) all along with no issues. I would be surprised if it was an Android 9 issue.

As I mentioned in my ticket, my issue started after my phone was factory reset and I was forced to reinstall (effectively on a "new" phone"

I had issues on my Pixel 3 right after I got it. The ads came back on their own after a few days. I had to replace the phone almost immediately due to a screen issue and the second phone behaved the same way.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »

I had issues on my Pixel 3 right after I got it. The ads came back on their own after a few days. I had to replace the phone almost immediately due to a screen issue and the second phone behaved the same way.
    Similar to what happened with my new phone, my ads could have come back on their own, or with an update. They stayed for months before disappearing again.
  • Options

I’ve just watched an ad for a Lidl gift card competition. It was basically a phishing scam trying to get my credit card details. Is there any regulation of the ads shown?
    Sorry I didn’t realise in time to screen shot it in game but I copied the site if that’s any help?dkuhd2sceyxz.png

http://www.44mag.mobi/23874/
  • Options
    The second of two articles by Revolt has been crashing my game halfway through the timer repeatedly.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve just watched an ad for a Lidl gift card competition. It was basically a phishing scam trying to get my credit card details. Is there any regulation of the ads shown?
    Sorry I didn’t realise in time to screen shot it in game but I copied the site if that’s any help?dkuhd2sceyxz.png

http://www.44mag.mobi/23874/

I will let the relevant team know.
    You didn't catch the network by any chance?
    What platform were you using?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second of two articles by Revolt has been crashing my game halfway through the timer repeatedly.

More information please, it helps.
    What is your device, platform?
    Did you notice the network, please refer to the instructions in the first post.
    Was it a 2 part ad?
  • Options
    After a Smartphone change, I don't get any ads. I reinstalled the game, resetted my ad id in Google. But nothing helped. I still get ads on my old phone and my tablet. My new phone is a Mate 20 pro with Android 9. The other two devices, on which the ads still work, have got Android 8.1 or older.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me as Zaphod69 - ads in game work (or won't work) differently on different devices.
    For about last 10 days while playing STT on my phone (Android 8 ) I have not been receiving any ads in game - no adwarps, no double rewards, no free Daboo spin.
    It has happened before in the past but it had returned to normal state in day or so, unlike this time. I reset Google AdID (numerous times), I reinstalled the game - nothing helped. Then I tried running the game on my old tablet (running Android 4.2), using the same game account and to my surprise the ads were working again. I went back to app on the phone - no ads. I have tried this numerous times - no ads on phone, all the ads on tablet.
  • Options
    3 different times today I've gotten stuck with an ad that fails (twice the same anime thing) and haven't been able to claim the 2x rewards.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up on Android 9, i just installed Android 9 yesterday, and received no ads today. will keep an eye on it. i even uninstalled and reinstalled the app and same result.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ads have also vanished off my Android phone, was working fine up to around 8pm GMT, after that nothing. Its working all ok on my Android tablet though. Ive reset my Ad ID, and reinstalled the app. Tempted to do a factory reset on my phone to see if that fixes it. Logged with Support but seems very odd.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    I just watched an ad for a free dabo spin. After the ad I got an error message saying that my limit had been reached something-or-other. Not sure how, but mostly am annoyed that it waited to tell me until after I had watched the ad. That's pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Ads have also vanished off my Android phone, was working fine up to around 8pm GMT, after that nothing. Its working all ok on my Android tablet though. Ive reset my Ad ID, and reinstalled the app. Tempted to do a factory reset on my phone to see if that fixes it. Logged with Support but seems very odd.

I gave way to temptation and factory reset my phone, all back to normal now!
  • Options
    Just adding my two cents. I upgraded to Android 9 on a OnePlus 5 last week and stopped seeing ads shortly thereafter. Ads still appear on my old tablet without issue, but nothing I did on my phone will make them come back.

I have cleared cache on the STT app as well as in play services, googe services, etc. I reinstalled STT. I reset phone a number of times and tried on Wifi/LTE and various combinations thereof. I reset my google AdID. Haven't seen the Ad button since something like Thursday of last week.
  • Options
    Update to the above. I finally got an adwarp this morning and it worked. I then got an ad prompt on Dabo Wheel and the ad ran, but I then got the error that others in the thread have reported regarding "server reached limit" or something. I waited a bit and got another adwarp and that worked again. So I guess it's mostly fixed, but there does appear to still be a lingering thing on non-warp ads.
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    I just watched an ad for a free dabo spin. After the ad I got an error message saying that my limit had been reached something-or-other. Not sure how, but mostly am annoyed that it waited to tell me until after I had watched the ad. That's pretty cheap.

I just got this again. "Ad view credit blocked by the server." This time it happened when I went to double my rewards from the daily missions. I feel like enough of a tool watching ads in the first place. Doing it for free ain't helping
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    3 different times today I've gotten stuck with an ad that fails (twice the same anime thing) and haven't been able to claim the 2x rewards.
    I keep having this also. I had to watch the fishdom ad about 6 times this morning before I got a different ad and it worked. Certain ads just go to s blank screen and never "finish ".
    Oh, I am on an android...
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ad came up

lgzhu84fivt9.png

It scrolls and scrolls and scrolls on the bottom telling you about the drug. No X anywhere to opt out. So after about 45 seconds I clicked on the name of the drug and this came up:

0zr9tjgixg23.png

So I had to wait again and then it gave me the FINISH button. I clicked on that and it gave me this:

8f9jpmkdxvss.png

This ad needs to be fixed. Thank you

• Options
    I don't know how many still have the problem with getting no ads, but it's now nearly three weeks without any ads, and it seems DB just doesn't care.
  • Options
    TrajanTrajan
    edited February 2019
    So I had ads back for this week and then my game kept reloading every time I minimized to the the home screen. So thinking I was low on RAM, I cleared the cache of the game. Ads are now broken again. I confirmed there is an ad available by loading it up on my tablet again, but my phone won't call it. So it seems that the issue might be related to the cache being cleared, which could be why it's happening to a lot of people after the upgrade their android version. Now I guess I just wait to see how long it takes to come back, but this is super irritating, especially in the middle of a skirmish event where the extra Intel would make a big difference.
  • Options
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    I keep having this also. I had to watch the fishdom ad about 6 times this morning before I got a different ad and it worked. Certain ads just go to s blank screen and never "finish ".
    Oh, I am on an android...

I've found that if you just hit the back button on your phone when it goes blank, you get the reward.
  • Options
    @@ ✭✭
    I've actually gotten used to doing pretty well without ads. If I get them back, hopefully it will be like runners who train with weights on their legs.

Clearing the cache sounds like it could be a trigger, though I think there is more to it, because not everyone who clears it has the problem.
  • Options
    I tried a factory reset today, but even this didn't help. So it's nothing on my phone.
    But until DB fixes this, I won't buy anything. We get no updates about this issue, and the customer services doesn't care too :/
  • Options
    With the 7.0.10 update cadet adwarp is supposed to be free once every 4 hours. But this doesn't work if you use up all your cadet tickets. Even though adwarp doesn't require tickets, it will show you a full ad then throw this error.
    An error occurred on the server. Please try
    again.
    - insufficient tickets for cadet challenge warp