Home Make It So!
Options

What changes would YOU suggest to improve the game?

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone who has suggested in-game trading of cards, here are a couple of press releases you might want to read:

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2019/10/28/more-power-to-the-players-disruptor-beam-and-forte-look-to-the-future

https://medium.com/forte-labs-inc/disruptor-beam-44c3b8a2724c

🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    For everyone who has suggested in-game trading of cards, here are a couple of press releases you might want to read:

https://www.disruptorbeam.com/blog/2019/10/28/more-power-to-the-players-disruptor-beam-and-forte-look-to-the-future

https://medium.com/forte-labs-inc/disruptor-beam-44c3b8a2724c

🖖

Wow this sounds outstanding. Can't wait to see what their actual plans for an ingame economy might be. Involving the players in the solution design is a great step as well.

Thanks for sharing!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    LIDJR wrote: »
    Give us the ability to change fleet names.

Agreed. But also the ability to change name for a squadron instead of leave it then create a new squadron.
  • Options
    an event reward that is a legendary citation?
  • Options
    I just saw the PAX East 2015 Demo. I really liked the ship development in the Demo, with several crew assigned to different parts of the ship to improve it, and the ship then helping in your missions. Any chance of this returning?
    Don
  • Options
    I'd like to see voyage boosts. Things like "scan for life signs" to boost the quality of the crew drops. Or a way to reduce the odds of training programs.
  • Options
    Last month I unlocked every campaign reward before the month ended, so I had to play 4 days without campaign reward and that was a bit boring.

Why not extend the campaign rewards with additional 10 extra tiers (I know I can unlock 3 tiers in the same day if do all daily 11 missions)?

Those extra 10 tiers will only be unlocked if the player have done every daily missions (scored 600 accolades I think it is in one day) in the previous 100 tiers. And unlocking tiers with dilitium crystals won't unlock the extra 10 tiers.

The last tier, the 110th tier, could have a voyage revival and I think that should be enough tempting to try to unlock.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Please add an option to "salvage" items not needed or no longer used by older characters and turn them into either replicator rations or credits or merits or honor (choice window).

Also, please give Admiral Patrick his voice line "That's a stupid question"! It's almost as legendary as Vreenak's "It's a Faaaake"!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Capt. CrunchCapt. Crunch ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Admittedly, I haven't read all the replies so forgive me if some of my suggestions have been made already, or better yet take that as an indicator that my wish list is shared by others.

On the skirmish player select screen, I'd like to be able to click on a player and see that player's attributes. Also, after a skirmish battle, players are given the option to repair a ship or select a reward. If the reward option is selected, an option to get an additional reward by spending dilithium is presented. On several occasions now, I have inadvertently spent dilithium on account tapping or clicking the first reward is registered twice. I would like an in game confirmation prompt whenever dilithium is spent as a safeguard against unintentional expenditures. Another thing I'd like to see in skirmishes is a change to the rewards, specifically with respect to the premium reward pull (for clarification, I'm not talking about the event rewards, I'm talking about the individual battle rewards that one receives if they opt not to repair their ship). The odds of getting a premium reward pull after a skirmish event battle is extremely low . I've only received premium pulls as an individual battle reward on a couple events, but it is a possibility. That said, both times those pulls have resulted in a three star crew member, both of which were immediately air-locked. And what do I get for air-locking said crew? Honor, which is a fairly common reward in the skirmish event. That kind of devalues such a rare occurrence. Offhand, I don't know what the drop rate is for premium pulls as bonus rewards for individual skirmish battles, but I'm guessing it's fairly low (Edit: I looked into it, it is low: A Time Portal Pack is issued at a drop rate of 0.13% ). So instead of making this already unlikely scenario a premium pull, make it a guaranteed super-rare or legendary pull, and make such rare pulls only available once a player has completed all event tiers (as an added incentive to keep grinding).

Some items that are only available as star rewards in cadet challenges are still showing up in the warp screen (as denoted by a gold-colored reward chest instead of a b/w chest: see "Off at the Pass" example). If all the starred rewards are acquired, I would like such gold chests to no longer appear as a warp option, as once those items are obtained, they're not obtainable again. Those gold chests are kind of misleading.

No offense, but many of the VIP bonuses are rubbish. Like exchange dilithium for up to 13 scan speedups per day. Who actually does this? A much better level 14 incentive would be a chance at obtaining random 5 star characters on voyages. And speaking of "voyages". When selecting characters for voyages, I'd like characters that have the indicated antimatter bonus attribute to appear at the top of the list. For example, if a bonus is offered for the trait "Exobiology" all characters with that attribute will automatically appear at the top of the list.

rju0svv4chkf.jpg

• Options
    Lt Saavik is labeled as a Vulcan. This is incorrect; she is a Vulcan/Romulan hybrid.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Lt Saavik is labeled as a Vulcan. This is incorrect; she is a Vulcan/Romulan hybrid.

Then she should have both the Vulcan and Romulan trait. Or are you saying she is a whole other species entirely? Either way I don’t see how this improves the game.

• Options
    Why is the NX-01 more powerful than the TOS Enterprise? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is the NX-01 more powerful than the TOS Enterprise? That makes no sense.

On a similar note I have often wondered how a first officer can have a higher command base than an admiral

• Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    On a similar note I have often wondered how a first officer can have a higher command base than an admiral

I dunno, I've had plenty of managers who were pretty worthless at managing people.
  • Options
    I dunno if anyone have suggested this before, but I wonder if it would be feasible to add a captain's log feature in-game.

The captain's log could be accessible via the inventory and clicking on it will open a list of entries, which could be something like this.

Stardate: <yyyymmdd.hour> (hour is from 00 to 23 and yyyy is year, mm is month, dd is day)
    Player Level: <1-99> (not sure if 99 is the highest level or not)
    VIP Level: <level>
    Immortalized member: <member>
    Reward: Arena/Cadet/Gauntlet/Event
    Starbase: <level> (if the player hasn't join a fleet yet then it will be 0)
    Admiral: Yes/No
    Squadron: <name>
    Squadron Leader: Yes/No

I am sure there could be other information included in a captain's log file.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if anyone have suggested this before, but I wonder if it would be feasible to add a captain's log feature in-game.

The captain's log could be accessible via the inventory and clicking on it will open a list of entries, which could be something like this.

Stardate: <yyyymmdd.hour> (hour is from 00 to 23 and yyyy is year, mm is month, dd is day)
    Player Level: <1-99> (not sure if 99 is the highest level or not)
    VIP Level: <level>
    Immortalized member: <member>
    Reward: Arena/Cadet/Gauntlet/Event
    Starbase: <level> (if the player hasn't join a fleet yet then it will be 0)
    Admiral: Yes/No
    Squadron: <name>
    Squadron Leader: Yes/No

I am sure there could be other information included in a captain's log file.

I do not get it. What would be the benefit of this?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Leonardo_DBidLeonardo_DBid ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It is almost impossible to know what happen with some crew members as the game doesn't detect a duplicate crew once it is frozen in the vault.

Besides, I think having a captain's log that has a stardate logged gives the game more immersion, don't you think.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is almost impossible to know what happen with some crew members as the game doesn't detect a duplicate crew once it is frozen in the vault.

Besides, I think having a captain's log that has a stardate logged gives the game more immersion, don't you think.

Yes, I agree. I think it would be cool to be able to look back and see when you accomplished certain things and reached certain milestones

• Options
    I feel simple improvements like being able to search inventory by name. Maybe help us identify components better in the replicator, like the legendary clothing you get every event
  • Options
    Zeldark wrote: »
    Surely someone noticed these before. A new player adding a few +1s:
    Quality of Life:
    1) Crew in the overflow area needs a "Frozen" label to round out the "Duplicate" and "Fusible"
    2) Traits and ship abilities should be visible in the vault
    3) Ships need to be converted to a dropdown like crew. No more tapping 12 times cycling through for the ship. Add in the ability to sort by att/acc/eva/shields/hull/AM. Throw in the magnifying glass to search for traits, please. Mirror the crew and change the stats.

Minor:
    Pause the clock on voyages after they're done. What's the point on keeping the timer running after it's back home?
    Agreed. Also, it would be informative if DB could add how many hazards that has been avoided vs has not been avoided, because right now one need to look at the log before it vanish after clicking on the "Claim" button.

So, the log from a voyage could be also added to the captain's log.
  • Options
    I've mentioned this before elsewhere - but once you have attained Honoured status with all Factions, shuttle missions ought to stop dishing out the now useless Faction points and change to some other form of bonus - be it chrons, honour, credits , ANYTHING USEFUL. It's a kick in the teeth to keep getting useless points.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adam2791 wrote: »
    I've mentioned this before elsewhere - but once you have attained Honoured status with all Factions, shuttle missions ought to stop dishing out the now useless Faction points and change to some other form of bonus - be it chrons, honour, credits , ANYTHING USEFUL. It's a kick in the teeth to keep getting useless points.

If they changed it to honor I would be sending out shuttles 24/7. As it stands I just do the two rounds for the dailies

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

If they changed it to honor I would be sending out shuttles 24/7. As it stands I just do the two rounds for the dailies

Although I run shuttles constantly for faction-only items, honor would be a highly appreciated bonus. Even if it was just equal to the number of faction rep points...10 per shuttle, four shuttles at a time, and maybe five sets of shuttles a day depending on what I have going on in a given day adds up to another 150-200 per day depending on success rate. More during faction events, too, during the kickstart and from time reducers.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Although I run shuttles constantly for faction-only items, honor would be a highly appreciated bonus. Even if it was just equal to the number of faction rep points...10 per shuttle, four shuttles at a time, and maybe five sets of shuttles a day depending on what I have going on in a given day adds up to another 150-200 per day depending on success rate. More during faction events, too, during the kickstart and from time reducers.

As the sub-forum suggested....MAKE IT SO! The term is “honored” for that faction. Honor earned should be honor given

• Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    How would I change the game.

Event crew; all of the reward crew not just the 5* should carry forward as event crew in the next Event. Right now the only reason to keep them is novelty. I think they would engage players of all levels better.

Abilities; all crew are created with space battle specific abilities. I think the developers need to start designing character abilities that affect other aspects of the game and make the game more complex. Why not create a Leforge that reduces antimatter loss on voyages by 1 or 2? Perhaps a Klingon character that improves the chance of gaining Klingon related items during voyage. Perhaps characters that attract certain types of crew, like a Troi that bends to odds toward TNG crew, or Lwaxana that bends the odds toward male crew, or a Ferangi what boosts federation credits by 5-15% during voyages and away missions. A character like an Angry Picard that gets a 5-10% bonus crit chance against Borg in the Gauntlet.

I think one of the big issues to most people is that most characters end up in the fridge. The game seems to reduce itself to a small pool of numbers. The gauntlet is usually a wall of the same few characters there has to be a way to affect the Gauntlet in a different way than stats to make people value a larger number of characters. For instance. You might notice that some characters affect ships with both a plus and minus. Why not have a character that has an ability that gives it a 15% bonus against Cardassians but gives a 7% penalty against Klingons.

The developers don't have to make huge changes or add new features to engage us. They just need to stop hyper focusing on ship only abilities that only have a value in ship battles. Give characters a value beyond ship ship battles.

Events; spill the events into the rest of the game. For example, survivalists provide an bonus in the supply building of the event. Why not extend that bonus to shuttle missions and gauntlet? Why not extend that to voyages so they give 5% bonus to antimatter? Perhaps even a bonus in the Arena?
  • Options
    I have one small suggestion. Would it be an easy fix to add a filter to the ship menu? Just a to make the list a little more manageable.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talisman74 wrote: »
    I have one small suggestion. Would it be an easy fix to add a filter to the ship menu? Just a to make the list a little more manageable.

Thank you!

That would definitely be a quality of life improvement

• Options
    Has there be any discussion about re-balancing the ships for Arena battles? Currently it feels that we are all pigeonholed into 1 or 2 ships in each tier. With the current event "Right on Q" I finally was able to get the Reliant to 10/10 and, for me, that was the end all be all of ships because that's the ship I love most from all of Star Trek. However, it can't compete against the stats of ships like the Krayton, I.K.S. T'Ong, Borg Cube, H.M.S. Bounty, etc.

Reliant 10/10
    Shields: 336453
    Hull: 437389

Krayton 10/10
    Shield: 32000
    Hull: 69000

Borg Cube 10/10
    Shields: 36000
    Hull: 750000

H.M.S. Bounty (a contemporary of the Reliant)
    Shields: 36000
    Hull: 705000

IKS T'Ong
    Shields: 264355
    Hull: 856151

Shoot, look at my Ni'Var that is 8/10
    Shields: 335246
    Hull: 526983

I'm going to keep fooling around try to find some way to survive long enough to actually get a shot off before I am blown up because I am stubborn, but I feel like it may be an uphill battle.