Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the option shown yet. Probably need an update. But while I am not worried about Timelines now being "spyware," I am never going to even open the wall. I would have been wary in any case, but I thank you guys for the warnings.
  • Options
    YamianYamian ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A VPN won't stop the data privacy issues.

Even if I don't click on one of the offers? I just know that it does change the ads that I get. I assumed it anonymized some of my data.

I would assume the VPN gets you a new IP address and it messes up the (Google?) tracking so you get a different set of adds.
    Member of Wolf 359 Memorial Fleet.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I hate these offers, and it seems irresponsible to employ it via mailbox when there's a widespread bug that DB can't fix that lets some users multi tap inbox items for duplicate or triplicate rewards.

This bug goes WAY higher than "triplicate rewards". Some recent change now causes the mailbox to freeze after multi-tapping, allowing many more taps on that claim button before it unfreezes.
  • Options
    YamianYamian ✭✭
    For a demonstration of the spam generated by just one survey attempt, I provide this picture of my dump email inbox:

naw29epp2u0t.jpeg

Every second the Offer Wall exists irrevocably loses the trust of, and revenue from, the player community. Don’t take too long to formulate a response.

Did you provide that email at any point during the survey? Or did they get it another way?
    Member of Wolf 359 Memorial Fleet.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the looks of it, I don't have it yet. Not complaining about that.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Double post, please delete this mods.
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have it yet either and I updated the other day. This may have something to do with my Weblock app and it’s VPN feature but some of the comments about what’s going on in the background when using the app regardless concerns me.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked to start one survey, immediately noticed something along the lines of it's gonna have access to data on my phone, and closed it out.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the math equation survey because I figured it would be fast and easy.

I quit half way through because it was slow and tedious.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    I've read a lot of the feedback and I would agree with many of the points that have been raised. These offers are often worse off than actually just buying the dilithium. The fact that many are reporting personal data mining is alarming and counter to the overall gaming experience that many of us have come to appreciate from DB. The dilithium wall is not intrusive, which is nice. However, this is a clear "no" for me and will not be using it. Now that TP has taken over, the perception by many is that the new offers, the new packs, and now the dilithium wall - they are all cash grabs. Understanding that this game has always been "for profit", the new way things are being rolled out seems a little more intrusive and "in your face" than things had been previously. It is becoming more and more of a turnoff...and in my opinion, is diluting the quality of the game.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    So wait, ironSource can collect data from us through STT, whether we actually participate in the Offerwall or not? Did I actually understand that correctly?

That certainly seems to be the case. They're harvesting our data without our consent, which is illegal for a lot of users (anyone in the EU or the UK for starters) and highly unethical for everyone else.

I’ll wait a little bit for an official response before I delete the app and consider my experience with TP done. But I won’t wait long. I’ve passed this info onto the other (~200) members of the {DD} fleet family as well so they can make their own decisions about whether they want to continue their participation with TP beyond this too. I don’t know what else to say. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    One other question:

Did the Devs actually fully test this out before making it live, i.e. Did they get the same experience of... even if you complete a quiz/survey you don't get the dilithium reward but instead: spin the mysterious wheel of fortune that inherently always says you have to take another quiz/survey.
    Or that they constantly got the "sorry this survey wasn't a good match" at 10%, 25%, 33% of the numerous surveys also preventing you from getting the dilithium reward?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    3. What measures are used to prevent bad actors amoung the third parties?

Probably very little. These things are only cost-effective if you can automate onboarding as much possible, due diligence bites into overhead.

• Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    Two concerns
    1. Does the app share your user data like ip address etc even if you don't open the offerwall? That needs to stop lol.
    2. There needs to be a disclaimer saying that your user data may be shared with TP partners Ironsource with a confirm button before opening said wall and a reference link to how Ironsource may use or sell your data available to read before clicking the confirmation button.

I like the offerwall as a good way to balance the game for ftp players, but it needs to be done the right way.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    furyd wrote: »
    Now I am really upset. I once again clicked one offer and then checked the privacy settings. There is an endless list of permissions and most were checked. I unchecked them but I do not even know if by submitting I agree to the ones that are "essential". TP please clarify!

Did it come up with that, or did you select an option for more granular control over cookies?

If you didn't purposefully go for a granular view, and that's the default, then that looks like the kind of "baffle them with BS" route some companies have taken with cookies. It's irregular and immoral.

They should offer you the ones grouped, with refusing the functional ones stopping you using the page and the others entirely optional.

I clicked on the Privacy Settings on the very bottom of the survey to get there. I was hoping to be able to explicitely disagree to using my data and maybe be removed from their list (not sure if I am on it already as I finished a survey yesterday), but there was no opt-out to be found which is very dubious.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.