Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's optional free dilithium from a button that wasn't there before. If whatever revenue stream helps TP offer continued improvements to existing features and development of new ones for Timelines I'm happy.

Even if it is illegally collecting data behind your back, even if you do not click the button?!?!?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    Hi @Shan, can you please tell me how to raise a GPDR ticket? Can I use the normal support portal to do this?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I've escalated your concerns, I cannot guarantee that I will have an update today.

If you guys don’t already know the answer to these first two questions...
    Shan, here are main questions that need to be addressed:

1. Does Ironsource collect data even if this "feature" is not used, yes or no?

2. Is this consistant with the ToS and/or all relevent laws in each affected country?

3. What measures are used to prevent bad actors amoung the third parties?

4. How do we know that Ironsource is not a bad actor?

...something is seriously wrong here.

Keep in mind, Shan passes on information to us, and to the company. Her not being privy to the answers to those questions does not automatically mean the company does not know.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    I am not an expert on such matters but I would assume that the TOS allows STT to share data with whatever third parties it chooses to do business with. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think they need to give us the option of which ones we want to choose.

And may be wrong yet again, but TA7's list, to me, looks like the parties that are responsible for serving ad-warp ads.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    RoykirkRoykirk ✭✭✭
    ...So again, the scenario is just starting the application, not interacting with the "free dilithium" button at all: supersonicads.com , adcolony.com , applovin.com , swrve.com , hyprmx.com , app-measurement.com , appsflyer.com , unityads.unity3d.com, applvn.com , adtilt.com , doubleclick.net , ssacdn.com , crashlytics.com.

Some of these are not entirely shady (for example crashlytics.com can also be used for ethical / anonymized telemetry which can help the developers improve the game), most are.

My own experience:

I run Disconnect Pro on my Android and did a test adwarp and then took a look at what Disconnect blocked, and I only saw adcolony.com and crashlytics.com as the domains that had trackers blocked (several times each) during the adwarp.

None of the other domains you list showed up for my adwarp, but I'm not sure if Disconnect is catching everything either.

When I went to the adwall, the offers wouldn't load (thank you, Disconnect), and I had several more domains show up in Disconnect's blocked list: applovin.com, supersonicads.com, appsflyer.com, admarvel.com, and doubleclick.net, so a lot more trackers come into play when you even try to view the offer wall; however, still many domains you listed aren't showing up for me.

I did notice that a lot of apps on my phone that aren't even running in the background are constantly hitting trackers. Looks like I'm going to have to rethink keeping those installed.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, 'I drank what?!'" - Chris Knight

Moderator of r/startrektimelines
    Fleet - Inner Planets Alliance Fleet of Pubs
    Captain Level - 99
    Player since - May 2016
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daev wrote: »
    Hi @Shan, can you please tell me how to raise a GPDR ticket? Can I use the normal support portal to do this?

Thank you!

Normal ticket, yes.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Yamian . That list seems pretty much in-line with what I'm seeing; a few slight differences, possibly due to Android vs. iOS SDK versions.

It'll also be nice if someone can downgrade their apk version on Android to see if some of these were added with the new version, or if these servers were always pinged but we just didn't notice until now.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I enter again in Yuno Survey (the site I was redirected from the Offer Wall), when I've to do the pre-survey to complete my "profile", and I see that I can access to my data, and they had this.

f1txnb7ie59b.png

I gave a (fake) response in the questions about the gender, birth year and education level, but I don't give to them my IP. They have an option to ask them to delete the data that they have about me. I've to send them an email with a code asking them to delete the data. They have another option to revoke my consent to use my data, and I clicked on that. I send the mail too (from an old email that I barely use), and they delete my data.
  • Options
    I did a few because i had nothing better to do.... no dilithium, will wait my supposed 1-2 days and send a ticket.......
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamian wrote: »
    For a demonstration of the spam generated by just one survey attempt, I provide this picture of my dump email inbox:

naw29epp2u0t.jpeg

Every second the Offer Wall exists irrevocably loses the trust of, and revenue from, the player community. Don’t take too long to formulate a response.

Did you provide that email at any point during the survey? Or did they get it another way?

This was the decoy email address I used for the surveys and other places where I am unsure of the safety of my data. If I start seeing spam in my main account I am going to flip [self-censored naughty word again], and it will be biblical.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    So wait, ironSource can collect data from us through STT, whether we actually participate in the Offerwall or not? Did I actually understand that correctly?

That certainly seems to be the case. They're harvesting our data without our consent, which is illegal for a lot of users (anyone in the EU or the UK for starters) and highly unethical for everyone else.

I’ll wait a little bit for an official response before I delete the app and consider my experience with TP done. But I won’t wait long. I’ve passed this info onto the other (~200) members of the {DD} fleet family as well so they can make their own decisions about whether they want to continue their participation with TP beyond this too. I don’t know what else to say. Unbelievable.

I have passed a similar warning to my fleet. I’d implore everyone here to do the same, even if they are personally comfortable with the enhanced level of danger with regards to identity theft and predatory advertising, because the message needs to reach as many people as possible.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I do not have more information at this time but I can confirm that we are working with our privacy team to address the concerns you have brought up.

Thank you for your patience.

In 3 1/2 years, I never once remember Shan posting a comment this late in the day. Does anyone else suspect WRG Studio looks like the Fire Drill episode of The Office today?

https://gdpr.eu/fines/

GPDR violations carry serious penalties. If DB/TP screwed up with their transaction or if they did not properly vet the company making these offers, they're in trouble.

That being said, this company is used by multiple other apps that are available in Europe. And they have localized offers for European players, so I would guess they're compliant despite being as sketchy as they look. What the individual offers do is a different story, but the players accept a privacy policy when they do those surveys or download the games.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Update: I do not have more information at this time but I can confirm that we are working with our privacy team to address the concerns you have brought up.

In 3 1/2 years, I never once remember Shan posting a comment this late in the day. Does anyone else suspect WRG Studio looks like the Fire Drill episode of The Office today?

SAVE BANDIT!

Also @DScottHewitt, I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but today is the 11th anniversary of Michael Jackson's death and he had an album called 'Off the Wall'.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »

SAVE SPRINKLES!

Also @DScottHewitt, I don't want to tell you how to do your job, but today is the 11th anniversary of Michael Jackson's death and he had an album called 'Off the Wall'.

On it!!!!!

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

RYAN STARTED THE FIRE! IT’S ALWAYS BEEN BURNING SINCE THE WORLD’S BEEN TURNING! RYAN STARTED THE FIRE!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bylo Band wrote: »

SAVE BANDIT!

lxb6o4prky1x.jpeg

(nods to @(HGH)Apollo )
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    ... but back on point, I have had several hours now to consider this topic and read my fellow players’ opinions. This app upgrade is very, very concerning to me. I am deleting STT from my iPhone. Goodbye, ad-warps, but you aren’t worth the cost. ☮️

P.S.: Get your ... stuff together, TP, or you lose this 3+ years, VIP 14+ player. Want to maximize LTV? Listen to the people here. We do give a damn. More than you seem to think.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust