Home The Bridge
Options

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riley600 wrote: »
    I'm a forum lurker and don't usually post but thought I should weigh in on this one.

Reading through this thread, I find some things very concerning and am interested in hearing some answers from TP. The Offerwall is one thing - if someone willingly chooses to fill out a survey or install an app, that's one thing. However, if this new partnership with Ironsource is collecting data without my knowledge or consent (information on my mobile device outside of the Timelines app), I'm going to have a very big problem with that. I have until now trusted the development team behind Timelines but this trust will be severely eroded if I find out that my personal data is being monetized without my knowledge or consent.

Furthermore, I don't really understand the logic behind the offerwall. It seems to be largely about installing and playing other games to get dilithium rewards. Why would TP want to promote other games within their own app? Doesn't this risk eroding the existing user base as people might be exposed to other games that they would rather play or migrate to instead of Timelines? It seems like maybe there's some short term gain but this could result in long term pain.

I hope this isn't as bad as it seems like it might be. I've played this game since Day 1 and have put lots of time, money and effort into it. I still enjoy it. But I will not use an app that I do not trust and will have to make some tough choices about whether I continue to play Timelines if I find that the developer has been engaging in unsavory behaviour.

TP has been advertising Star Trek Fleet Command within the game for the last couple of week when clicking orange buttons to gain more rewards by watching an ad. The games are on the wall are far less in being in competition for users with STT than another Star Trek game.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the overwhelming response from players on this forum about what exactly the “offer wall” means for data privacy concerns, with the apparent lack of an official response from TP/WR after two days of heated discussion, I am growing closer to concluding that our questions and concerns are not going to be answered anytime soon.

To me, at least so far, it looks like the approach from WR/TP is to simply ignore the problem and hope it just goes away.

If there is no official response before COB today, I will feel more confident in my assumption that the devs are not paying attention to the things that matter to the players.

It's telling when the intermediary between us players and TP can take the time to post a snarky comment about the title of another thread you started, whilst simultaneously coming back with no response from TP on the privacy and legitimacy issues raised, well into day -two- of these alarming concerns, with the weekend fast approaching.

Personally I think TP is making a huge mistake if they don't address this issue before the end of the business day. If this issue gets ignored into the weekend (and possibly beyond), the damage TP has done to its own reputation amongst its playerbase will be irreparable. The number of people who continue to walk away from the game will continue to grow. I guess it only concerns the corporate types when it hits them in the wallet, and hit them in the wallet it will. I was expecting at least a half-hearted rambling response from TP full of corporate-speak rhetoric that used a lot of corporate buzz-words while not addressing the actual concerns raised by players. But we haven't even gotten that. Not even a corporate form-response along the lines of "we hear your concerns, yadda yadda, terms of service, yadda yadda, investigating diligently, yadda yadda, nothing is more important to us than our customers, yadda yadda, privacy is of paramount importance at TP, etc. etc. " But they couldn't even be bothered to do that. This is not boding well for TP. They were given the keys to the castle, and have now sprayed graffiti all over the walls in an effort to conceal the spy-peep-holes they made for their friends. And when asked about said graffiti, they just ignore you.

Tilting Point surely signed a contract with the company running the offer wall. This isn't going to be something rectified in a couple of day.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

Tilting Point surely signed a contract with the company running the offer wall. This isn't going to be something rectified in a couple of day.

Call me a cynic, but it wouldn't surprise me that the time between that contract being signed and the wall finally going live may have conveniently made it past the time when the contract can be cancelled by TP. They may be just as stuck as us.
  • Options
    USS Dart wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »
    With many thousands of dilithium on the line with these offers, that has insane potential to be abused. That is my primary concern at the moment and I hope that next week's overview will address that, or soon thereafter.

That's the only reason I went public with it on this forum. Sad that one must resort to such measures in order to get the attention the issue needs.

That's also an invitation for people to stop contacting me asking how to do it. If you've interacted with me for 5 minutes in the past, you should know that I'm not going to tell you. The point is to *end* the exploit, not more widely share it.

But if everyone knows how to exploit it then it's not an exploit anymore and since TP will lose their money they will fix that as soon as possible.

Well, it is still an "exploit". Not every player has the glitch. It's kind of like TP adding a new feature during an Event that directly advantages only players on certain platforms......

I’ve asked for some concrete proof from anyone of this alleged cheating and received no reply. It’s bs and middle school to make accusations and not support them with proof.

Okay. Either in this thread of one of the others, multiple people have confirmed it. Even reporting there we YouTube videos showing it.

Have a nice day.

I've read this entire thread and not seen any concrete proof. I checked youtube and found a video from Valvoorik. Unfortunately, meine deutsche ist nicht zu gut.

Could you please link me or pm me the concrete proof you've seen?
  • Options
    I've read this entire thread and not seen any concrete proof. I checked youtube and found a video from Valvoorik. Unfortunately, meine deutsche ist nicht zu gut.

Could you please link me or pm me the concrete proof you've seen?

No.

It's been sent to Shan and she's the only one who needs to verify. I'm not interested in helping people exploit the game, as previously stated. As far as I'm concerned, this line of conversation is over.

So baseless accusations are now the standard? Thanks, good to know.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No thanks...

However, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I would be interested in accessing the email bug that lets you redeem rewards multiple times. :D Joking of course.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Drago MusevniDrago Musevni ✭✭✭✭
    Oomox wrote: »
    I confess I'm at a total loss to understand why TP has not at least suspended the functioning of the Offer Wall feature while it assesses user concerns and possible issues of data security.

k8yiu6db22pi.jpg
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oomox wrote: »
    I confess I'm at a total loss to understand why TP has not at least suspended the functioning of the Offer Wall feature while it assesses user concerns and possible issues of data security.

💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💲
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    [VIP0]USS Dart[VIP0]USS Dart ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    [quote="{DD} Smelly; "eXo | SilverRose;DScottHewitt[/quote]

The hypocrites have spoken. Nothing further to see here. Just let a select few continue to exploit the game.

This kind of comment and attitude are not welcome in our community. Be more mindful with your interactions on these forums. Thanks. ~Shan

• Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    [quote="{DD} Smelly; "eXo | SilverRose;DScottHewitt

The hypocrites have spoken. Nothing further to see here. Just let a select few continue to exploit the game.

[/quote]

ventg3h3b0e4.gif
  • Options
    Why on Earth would you ever expect to find exploit info on the official forum? Hell, at least go to Reddit.
  • Options
    DaevDaev ✭✭✭
    Why on Earth would you ever expect to find exploit info on the official forum? Hell, at least go to Reddit.

You won't find it (or anything like it) on the Timelines sub on reddit.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    So this week on Timelines Talks we are looking for any community comments or statements or thoughts you have on the Offer Wall that we can address on the show this week. Please DM me here or on the Timelines Discord. or email it to TimelinesTalks@gmail.com We will try to keep it mostly unfiltered. If you wish to remain anonymous with your reply please let us know in the message too.
    We will be addressing it on the show as the major talking point (pretty much the only point this week) along with our own concerns on the matter.
    Look, this might be our last episode. We didn't want to clickbait you about that, because it's a serious issue to us and it's hard to just go on producing positive, fun content with something like that hanging over our heads. This maybe our final stream, it might not depending on how things go in response. In any case I'm opening all my packs, spending all my merits, losing my dilithium as either a farewell to the game or just a piece of entertainment.
    I hope to see some interesting comments about the Offer Wall and we hope to air the communities concerns.
  • Options
    Daev wrote: »
    You won't find it (or anything like it) on the Timelines sub on reddit.

Oh I know. But at least you wouldn't be using the forum of the very company your trying to screw.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said my piece about the offer wall, but I wanted to share something my friend said when we were talking about it. (call us naive)

6cisthbtl26m.png

Exactly. I thought STT was better for several reasons, but this was one that definitely mattered to me. I hope it will continue to matter to them.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kloreep wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear that DB is not sending all Timeline user's data to IronSource wholesale. I think most of us would have been out the door immediately if that turned out to be the case.
    Not sure where you heard this, as there's been no official reply from TP on this. There's a distinct possibility that Ironsource are in fact helping themselves to our data with no consent.
    Kloreep wrote: »
    What is certain, though, is that IronSource is a disreputable operation. If this was just an assortment of cross-game promotions and the like, that would be one thing. Look through this thread and you'll see many reports of shady surveys and even known scams. No self respecting company should be a part of disseminating these kinds of things. Get yourselves out of the mud, TP. This engagement with IronSource only makes you look bad.

My fleet has already lost a member over this, and if you don't change course quickly I think there will be more.
    Completely agree with you on all this though.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="{DD} Smelly; "eXo | SilverRose;DScottHewitt

A glitch in the game has been made known, and hopefully TP will close the exploit. Does it blow that people cheat...yes. Is it reassuring to the rest of us that someone made it known...yes. It’s as if you are angry because you can’t exploit the game as well. You don’t need to know the “how” of it, to fathom that a problem exists. We don’t need to know how Geordi fails to get a second date, just that he doesn’t get one. ;)

[/quote]

80d91g2cdgbf.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Ah, the irony of cajoling someone into giving out information.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    A lot of people have noted Blokada works well, but as always vet your VPN services before you use them, like anything 3rd party not all of them are under scrutiny.