Home The Bridge

Discord/Forums Exclusive STT State of the Game

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
WRG_Ben wanted to share some updates with you all!
This is a forums/discord exclusive but will be made into an in-game mail version next week :)
===

Hey All! I just wanted to give an update on the state of the game and talk about some of the changes and improvements that are upcoming.

December
We hope you are enjoying the current mega and the Discovery Mixed Behold rewards in the new Discovery Collection. This is something new we wanted to try and would appreciate the feedback.
Ho…Ho...Ho… HONOR SALE! That’s right! An Honor Sale is coming to town next week!
Honor Packs will be live Tuesday December 13th - 20th. Honor Offers will be live on our webshop starting December 13th, and in-game offers starting Wednesday the 14th. Get the best deal from the webstore!

As previously announced, 9.2.0 will be released in early January. This client has taken some extra dev time due to the nature of some of the changes including an engine upgrade, and other necessary upgrades. These are huge changes that require extensive testing. Though we didn't want to release a client without some player facing changes so we took this opportunity to complete some QoL items.

Quality of Life Updates:
- Voyages:
-- Ship selection in voyages will now use the shipyard ui making it easier to select the ship you want.
-- Your previously selected ship in voyages will now carry over when selecting your next ship for voyages.

- Away Missions:
-- Trait bonuses and critical thresholds success rate will now be displayed in conflict battle flow.
-- Bonus traits amount will now be displayed on the node card.
-- Crew proficiencies will now be shown on the crew card while selecting crew, and during the mission on the crew card.

These three additions will help players make more informed decisions on which crew to use.

Fleet Boss Battles:
-- Start Battle Restriction to Admiral / Officers.
-- We made a change to how nodes are generated to ensure that the traits combination generated can be satisfied by more than 1 crew. This should primarily be helpful in the last 2 modes as they allow for crew of all rarities.
-- Damage Hull Reduction bug fix and many other bug fixes.
-- Bridge Level Expansion. - Often in game development things change. Previously we announced that with a new boss battle would come a new bridge. That will no longer be the case as we have found new potential in the experience of the 2nd boss. We understand a change like this can be frustrating but we have made an effort to try to be more transparent with where the game is heading which comes with risks if things change. We hope you understand. Our first priority is making the game fun and we know this change will be for the better. The 2nd boss is not ready yet and will take more time to develop, but for now we have expanded the current bridge levels which include more buffs and goodies for you and your fleet to discover.

You may be asking “why are they updating the Away Mission screen as part of 9.2.0?” well… I will be able to answer that soon on a WRG stream on our YouTube channel within the next few months, but all I can say now is that it will involve immortalized crew.

We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday season. We can’t wait to show you the multiple features we are currently working, on next year. LLAP

Comments

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sounds great. Thank you for the update, really looking forward to some new features and game play. :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Ditto, especially the FBB Officer lock!; now we need some over-zealous fleet to post the new rewards (in Jan) ...;-)
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Discord?
    There's a Discord?

Yes, but you have been shadow banned :p;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought a Portal Update would occur before another Honor Sale. Is the second or third Honor Sale with the current portal?
    I thought a Portal Update would occur before another Honor Sale. Is the second or third Honor Sale with the current portal?

Ya was hoping (and it should have been) for that too. I have 1050 immos and all 4*s that are available via retrieve. I think there are 14 that are not available yet, terrible Tuesday packs only. But was trying to be nice and not rain on the parade so honor sale it is, I will just add another 20 5* cites to the 35 I currently have. :)
  • This is a great update. Much appreciated.
  • honor sale! woo hoo!
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have preferred battle level locking vs having battle start restricted to officers. That's one more daily thing on the plate of folks.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I would also like to know more about the damage hull reduction “fix” as well as the other “bug fixes”

This seems intentionally vague on second reading, and dosnt do much to give me confidence that they are fixes to help players, but rather, as nonamenamer suggested, they are NERFS.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Though not mentioned, I hope there will also be an update to FBB rewards. It's nice to add more levels to the bridge for big fleets, but please also consider everyone stuck at the low levels making no progress at all. Also the much requested change that all difficulty levels give all the rare materials would be much appreciated. Not everyone joins a fleet at the same time or with their bridges at the same levels.
  • @Selene 7 there was an update to the rewards about a week or so ago to the Brutal Boss where Bilitrium I is awarded as long as at least 50% of the boss is defeated. Some people here in the forum have reported they’ve been able to make some progress already.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imokles wrote: »
    It's great that the ship selection in voyages is getting an upgrade. But regarding this change - "Your previously selected ship in voyages will now carry over when selecting your next ship for voyages." - why would I want that? As probably 99% of the players I'm selecting my ship based on the featured trait, and that is changing from one voyage to the next. I'd prefer to have the ship with the highest Antimatter pool preseleted instead.

There’s a lot of times when you get the exact same Voyage two times in a row.

I’m currently on the exact same Transwarp/Eng/Med Voyage that I had yesterday Afternoon.

I think there was even one occasion I used the same ship 3 voyages in a row.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    It's great that the ship selection in voyages is getting an upgrade. But regarding this change - "Your previously selected ship in voyages will now carry over when selecting your next ship for voyages." - why would I want that? As probably 99% of the players I'm selecting my ship based on the featured trait, and that is changing from one voyage to the next. I'd prefer to have the ship with the highest Antimatter pool preseleted instead.

I’m currently on the exact same Transwarp/Eng/Med Voyage that I had yesterday Afternoon.

This is a good point. On a similar note, there are lots of times that my fleet members try unlocking fleet boss battle nodes at the same time as i am, and with the same crew that im using. It would be great if wrg could enhance this effect by making every fleet member lose 1 valor whenever any other fleet member unsuccessfully unlocks a node, this way the whole fleet can experience the joy of a shoddy game mechanism that is in dire need of improvement.
    edited December 2022
    I am still trying to be upbeat and not rain on the parade, but I did not see anything about the chat system. Sometimes you have to log in and out 3 or 4 times before messages show up in fleet chat - sometimes not at all and we almost always have someone that wastes valor on a crew that someone else has already tried and posted as didn't work. There is no money in chat though so not hopeful for a fix......
  • I am still trying to be upbeat and not rain on the parade, but I did not see anything about the ridiculously outdated, ineffective, miserably worthless chat system. Sometimes you have to log in and out 3 or 4 times before messages show up in fleet chat - sometimes not at all and we almost always have someone that wastes valor on a crew that someone else has already tried and posted as didn't work. There is no money in chat though so not hopeful for a fix......

There is a lot of good in the new announcement.

Sadly, improvements to comms are never going to happen. And this frustrates me. Greatly.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    @Selene 7 there was an update to the rewards about a week or so ago to the Brutal Boss where Bilitrium I is awarded as long as at least 50% of the boss is defeated. Some people here in the forum have reported they’ve been able to make some progress already.

I know, we made progress for a bit, but it only takes you on to level 9, then you're stuck again and need to defeat Nightmare.
  • Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »

This is a good point. On a similar note, there are lots of times that my fleet members try unlocking fleet boss battle nodes at the same time as i am, and with the same crew that im using. It would be great if wrg could enhance this effect by making every fleet member lose 1 valor whenever any other fleet member unsuccessfully unlocks a node, this way the whole fleet can experience the joy of a shoddy game mechanism that is in dire need of improvement.

This is a great idea! Should be put into effect immediately 🖖👍

😂
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, Honor Sale...I bought the new Uhura, who would have guessed. :D
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Shan wrote: »

Fleet Boss Battles:
    -- We made a change to how nodes are generated to ensure that the traits combination generated can be satisfied by more than 1 crew. This should primarily be helpful in the last 2 modes as they allow for crew of all rarities.

Can each node be solved by at least two portal crew? or just any two crew in the game?
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing with I.S.S. Enterprise this past couple of days to look into the HDR behavior and there is indeed a bug in how it is working right now. When the HDR ability is active, there are two scenarios:
    1. your remaining hull is larger than the unmodified incoming hit: hit damage is correctly reduced by X% as the ship ability says.
    2. your remaining hull is smaller than the unmodified incoming hit: hit damage becomes X% of your remaining hull, which effectively means the ship can never be destroyed when this ability is active. You could have 2 HP remaining and the enemy's hit would only shave off 1 HP.

This explains the weird Proton behavior we are seeing in Arena which is what makes Proton viable in the first place. When this bug gets fixed, I suspect the Proton Arena meta will be gone. It's harder to say what will happen with the I.S.S. Enterprise meta in FBB but it's likely not going to survive without a maxed-out Captain's Bridge.
  • I have been playing with I.S.S. Enterprise this past couple of days to look into the HDR behavior and there is indeed a bug in how it is working right now. When the HDR ability is active, there are two scenarios:
    1. your remaining hull is larger than the unmodified incoming hit: hit damage is correctly reduced by X% as the ship ability says.
    2. your remaining hull is smaller than the unmodified incoming hit: hit damage becomes X% of your remaining hull, which effectively means the ship can never be destroyed when this ability is active. You could have 2 HP remaining and the enemy's hit would only shave off 1 HP.

This explains the weird Proton behavior we are seeing in Arena which is what makes Proton viable in the first place. When this bug gets fixed, I suspect the Proton Arena meta will be gone. It's harder to say what will happen with the I.S.S. Enterprise meta in FBB but it's likely not going to survive without a maxed-out Captain's Bridge.

This is a great post.

And while i know many, many, MANY people will be disappointed that the hull damage reduction will be fixed, there is no question that it is not working as intended.
  • This is a great post.

And while i know many, many, MANY people will be disappointed that the hull damage reduction will be fixed, there is no question that it is not working as intended.

That would affect the lower level players mostly, as most of them would have benefitted from having a way to actually defeat Nightmare in 24h to go after Bridge level 9. Then UNM is the next really hard stop for the majority of fleets even with this bug still viable
  • I have been playing with I.S.S. Enterprise this past couple of days to look into the HDR behavior and there is indeed a bug in how it is working right now. When the HDR ability is active, there are two scenarios:

I appreciate your explanation of how the bug works. Too often, players talk about both bugs and potential cheats in vague, cryptic terms. Having a clear understanding of how these things, and their potential fixes, affect gameplay is important information.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Fleet Boss Battles:

Can each node be solved by at least two portal crew? or just any two crew in the game?

The requirement that the trait combination should exist in a crew available in the Time Portal/Crew Retrieval has not and will not be changed. The change mentioned above is an another layer.
  • Has the dev team solved the “Hit AND Miss” bug? I have sent out four “sure hit” crew to see that three hit and one miss. Puzzled by this another fleet member uses my “missed” choice and it becomes a hit. This has happened to me five times and CS says that I am one of a “handful” of players to experience this. What is worse is thst after a “miss” we sdjust optimal crew according and after several subsequent bad results we have to waste even more valor reverse engineering the problem and it turns out to be the Hit AND Miss bug. The only workaround may be using a different platform.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the dev team solved the “Hit AND Miss” bug? I have sent out four “sure hit” crew to see that three hit and one miss. Puzzled by this another fleet member uses my “missed” choice and it becomes a hit. This has happened to me five times and CS says that I am one of a “handful” of players to experience this. What is worse is thst after a “miss” we sdjust optimal crew according and after several subsequent bad results we have to waste even more valor reverse engineering the problem and it turns out to be the Hit AND Miss bug. The only workaround may be using a different platform.

It is not something that we have enough information on to be able to look into it especially since we have not received many reports about it.

If you and/or others have more details to provide, I would welcome them.
    Please start a thread in Engineering Room if that is the case. Thank you!
  • edited December 2022
    Interesting. I think making it so that at least two characters can hit any node is probably a positive change overall, but it might actually make the game harder for fleets that had sort of "planned for" the current state of the game. I suspect this is going to increase the number of common traits showing up pretty significantly (a lot more fed, civilian, starfleet, etc.) and reduce the number of nodes that are obvious when you see them.

Additionally, I think it will devalue cards that became valuable because of their unique trait mix (Resistance Neelix, Nona, the Rozchenkos, Antaak, to name a few). I want the game to be more accessible for everyone for sure, but a lot of folks spent resources on retrieving those cards specifically because they were necessary for this game mode. My fleet does only nightmare and ultra right now and I'd say a good 60% of the nodes can only be solved by one card (I can't tell if I'm over/undering that right because it always seems like at least the last two in every chain are unique combinations).

This isn't a complaint per se, just an observation that this will likely result in a very significant change to the current gameplay. I look forward to seeing how it works in practice.