Home The Bridge
Options

Continuum Missions & Quipment Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't work for me at midnight CST. Added levels to Captain Tribble instead.

It was working at 5:30 CST. I'm sitting at 11/12 for Normal right now.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It didn't work for me at midnight CST. Added levels to Captain Tribble instead.

It was working at 5:30 CST. I'm sitting at 11/12 for Normal right now.

Not working for me so I’ve sent off a ticket and also posted in the Engineering room.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    More glitches... my first run this morning worked fine, completing the first three missions. Two hours later, I was planning to do the fourth mission, but now it is locked out. It was unlocked earlier, but no such luck now...
    au15hyqvgtlg.jpg
  • Options
    hxwwdgcxkbbv.jpg

I can't select the third mission. While I can warp to the fourth, I can't play it. Since I've finished the first two in all difficulties, I can't really do anything now.
  • Options
    Has the difficulty level of elite changed? Critical threshold seems roughly in the 2800s on average. Last week I could clear the first mission without quipping. Now I can't crit a single node.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Webberoni wrote: »
    More glitches... my first run this morning worked fine, completing the first three missions. Two hours later, I was planning to do the fourth mission, but now it is locked out. It was unlocked earlier, but no such luck now...
    au15hyqvgtlg.jpg

Still no fix. I submitted a ticket to C/S.

At this rate I won't be able to get any of the rewards associated with clearing difficulty levels. I am about to finish the first three missions on Elite, and will start working on Epic this evening.

Resetting my progress and forcing me to redo missions is not really an acceptable solution at this point, since this sort of issue was allegedly resolved after the first round of continuum missions!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completed the first two missions, now I'm stuck. Third mission is disabled.
    1wlx1hki2vj5.jpg
    I tried the fourth mission instead just in case, but the Engage button is disabled (as it probably should be). But I can't make any more progress right now
    6rzvm2a20adp.jpg
    It all seemed to be working fine earlier.

Details sent to support.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Completed the first two missions, now I'm stuck. Third mission is disabled.
    1wlx1hki2vj5.jpg
    I tried the fourth mission instead just in case, but the Engage button is disabled (as it probably should be). But I can't make any more progress right now
    6rzvm2a20adp.jpg
    It all seemed to be working fine earlier.

Details sent to support.

That's exactly what I have too
  • Options
    I had that exact same issue last week. I had submitted a ticket and the last I heard from support was they’d forward this issue to the developers - anyway with the reset the third mission became available. I don’t know if the reset did it or it was from anything they did as a result of my ticket.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    List of Quipment is now on the wiki.
    (Almost definitely incomplete).

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Quipment_list

Any additions or corrections please put on the wiki thread.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/694/wiki-edits-that-need-to-be-added#latest
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Still no resolution. I was asked by C/S if I had tried restarting the app… looks like I won’t be getting the rewards this round, or the Qbits from mission 4 across all difficulty levels, and I basically wasted Qbits crafting a few pieces of Quipment.

a8vgq4qtkx2h.png

• Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    Let's talk about a game that has been getting harder and harder to find the desire to play, add this program on top of it and find it makes it even more frustrating. The crew can't be on voyages or shuttles, you can only run this every what? 10 hours or so, unless you pump it with chronitons and probably real life money..... Causing an even more frustrating game to play...

Sad... you took away an event that was kinda sorta like this - and then made this to frustrate us even more...

I'm not sure how I find the enjoyment to keep playing, which **tsk tsk**. cuz I love Star Trek lol...
  • Options
    Still no resolution. I was asked by C/S if I had tried restarting the app… looks like I won’t be getting the rewards this round, or the Qbits from mission 4 across all difficulty levels, and I basically wasted Qbits crafting a few pieces of Quipment.

a8vgq4qtkx2h.png

At least you've had some kind of response. As far as I can tell CS haven't even assigned my issue to a representative yet.
  • Options
    Bekka wrote: »
    Let's talk about a game that has been getting harder and harder to find the desire to play, add this program on top of it and find it makes it even more frustrating. The crew can't be on voyages or shuttles, you can only run this every what? 10 hours or so, unless you pump it with chronitons and probably real life money..... Causing an even more frustrating game to play...

Sad... you took away an event that was kinda sorta like this - and then made this to frustrate us even more...

I'm not sure how I find the enjoyment to keep playing, which **tsk tsk**. cuz I love Star Trek lol...

You definitely have to pump chrons into it (not an issue for me, I've got more chrons than I could possibly spend, but I appreciate that may well not be the case for others) to complete it, but if you're spending real money and/or dilithium on this then you're definitely doing it wrong.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

You definitely have to pump chrons into it (not an issue for me, I've got more chrons than I could possibly spend, but I appreciate that may well not be the case for others) to complete it, but if you're spending real money and/or dilithium on this then you're definitely doing it wrong.

I unlocked both canisters. Some of that was from the sorrylithium but I can plow through the whole thing in less than a day. I don't think the chron expenditure is a big deal unless you have a very low level account. Anyone with decent crew to finish elite also has a good enough crew to farm voyages pretty easily.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join the talk with Ben and Joe today and let your frustrations be known!

Save the date! November 9th (Thursday)
    Time: 15:00 ET
    Where: https://www.youtube.com/@startrektimelinesofficial

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭

I haven't spent real life money on this game for years. They scammed me out of $50 bucks when the game first came out offering VIP rewards that sounded like they were actually VIP Benefits... instead it was a scam and I was duped.

I have tons of Chronitons I guess that isn't it either... its just... idk... lol I want to like this game but I'm not sure how to enjoy it any more.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Ben asked for feedback on the stream yesterday. So after a couple weeks I guess of playing the continuum here goes:

Already bored. Cleared all 3 levels, both weeks. The only incentive (for me) to keep going was the "chain rewards" - merit, quantum and dil that you could collect multiple times by using the reset. Well, apparently that was a bug or as Ben called it, "an exploit" (remember button gate?) that has now been corrected. Lost all incentive to spend dil to reset "rewards" once that went away. Bring that back.

Please get rid of the "JJ Lens Flare" green/gold effects. With limited staff and resources and given the issues with recent rollouts - FBB and Cont, it seems to me that every possible resource should be dedicated to game play (imo).

Please get rid of the ! on the crew menu.

When switching between difficulties in the Cont, we should be able to switch between normal, elite and epic without being taken back out the main screen. Just add a back button to get us back the Cont screen (see screen shot).

Hopefully in the future, better rewards in the missions (toss in some dil, quantum, merits for nodes), and/or allowing multiple chain reward collection will help, but for now, its a meh for me.

qhaqxdj8raj8.jpg

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I still think 12 hour refill is to long, because of work I was only able to do use 1 refill both Wednesday ant Thursday. 8 or 9 hours would have allowed me to to use 2.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think 12 hour refill is to long, because of work I was only able to do use 1 refill both Wednesday ant Thursday. 8 or 9 hours would have allowed me to to use 2.

It's only a 2-hour refill if you're willing to use 100 chrons (or less) per mission. I believe epic missions on the galaxy map max out at 24 chrons, so the cost isn't really that high for these special missions if you're not re-running them over and over, once you've cleared them all to earn the one-time rewards.
  • Options
    I need the chrons for events, and not going to waste them on something that only provides a temporary increase
  • Options
    You want feedback? Fix it.

I've been locked out from doing continuum missions for more than three days now and the only feedback I've had from support has been that the devs are "gathering information". This is despite me pointing out that all my quipment is about to expire, so if they delay much longer I'll have to waste a load of resources rebuilding it (resources that I don't think I have right now). And still no indication of how long I have to wait for them to fix it.

Completely unacceptable level of service.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

2) The crew leveling/unlocking thing is just added complexity. You see a crew that you want to try using and you can't you are stuck using the same crew over and over, which is just annoying. .[/b]

As an extra point here, I just had a member of my fleet try Continuum missions run normal, go to try and equip a crew they just used, couldn't understand why they couldn't equip. When I told them they needed to run the crew 4 times first, they got fed up and said they are just ignoring the feature. At a minimum, every crew should start with 1 slot unlocked and the progression tiers should just move up 1, 4 runs for slot 2, 10 for slot 3, etc....
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

I've been locked out from doing continuum missions for more than three days now and the only feedback I've had from support has been that the devs are "gathering information". This is despite me pointing out that all my quipment is about to expire, so if they delay much longer I'll have to waste a load of resources rebuilding it (resources that I don't think I have right now). And still no indication of how long I have to wait for them to fix it.

Ditto. I wasted Qbits and Quipment equipping crew to clear all three levels of the first three missions, but can't access the fourth mission. I'm also going to miss out on the achievement rewards (merits, quantum, dilithium), which they have yet to address despite me specifically asking about it three times.

---

When you can simply use your top crew at each skill without worrying about trait bonuses, need to run crew through a bunch of missions to unlock Quipment slots, and can run each mission as many times as needed (while failing any node but the last one), all the fun of figuring out what crew / combination of crew work most efficiently goes out the window.

The enjoyment of this feature is going to go the way of retrieval and fleet bosses... something I think about once a month (retrieval) that quickly becomes boring and monotonous (fleet boss battles), while adding no enjoyment and minimal value to the game.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto. I wasted Qbits and Quipment equipping crew to clear all three levels of the first three missions, but can't access the fourth mission. I'm also going to miss out on the achievement rewards (merits, quantum, dilithium), which they have yet to address despite me specifically asking about it three times.

---

When you can simply use your top crew at each skill without worrying about trait bonuses, need to run crew through a bunch of missions to unlock Quipment slots, and can run each mission as many times as needed (while failing any node but the last one), all the fun of figuring out what crew / combination of crew work most efficiently goes out the window.

The enjoyment of this feature is going to go the way of retrieval and fleet bosses... something I think about once a month (retrieval) that quickly becomes boring and monotonous (fleet boss battles), while adding no enjoyment and minimal value to the game.

Agreed. The challenge/fun is figuring out crew that can complete the missions. When it's just a matter of taking your top crew in each skill, throwing 3 quipment on them, and then making sure they're not tired there is no challenge. It's just a grind to get quantum and dil.

The cost/time to level should be easier, but the need to find the right crew should be harder. Add a penalty for missed nodes. Make me need to pass 4 or 5 skills in a single run so secondary skills matter. Make me the crit values high enough that I need to think about which traits I need for their bonus. But at the same time, make it easier to level the crew so I can add the quipment given the traits or skill pairs I need.

Right now I just need to find my strongest crew in all 6 skills. Level them up so I can put 3-4 quipment on them. And then make sure they're not fatigued. Worst case I run the mission with 1 crew who can win the final node, 1 crew who can crit the one node I need, and then a third crew that doesn't matter. I can repeat that enough times to clear every node without ever needing to think about trait bonuses or secondary skills. And the time/effort it takes to start leveling a different crew negates any benefit of better optimizing crew selection.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Right now I just need to find my strongest crew in all 6 skills. Level them up so I can put 3-4 quipment on them. And then make sure they're not fatigued. Worst case I run the mission with 1 crew who can win the final node, 1 crew who can crit the one node I need, and then a third crew that doesn't matter. I can repeat that enough times to clear every node without ever needing to think about trait bonuses or secondary skills. And the time/effort it takes to start leveling a different crew negates any benefit of better optimizing crew selection.

last time I'll pound this drum, but that is also why its SOOO important to be able to put quipment onto a crew without having to run them 4 times first. Thats what stops you from actually using crew that fit different trait matches.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

last time I'll pound this drum, but that is also why its SOOO important to be able to put quipment onto a crew without having to run them 4 times first. Thats what stops you from actually using crew that fit different trait matches.

That first slot is not going to make a difference. At most the traits give you ~600 point bonus. Trait bonus + 1 quipment is not enough compared to 3-4 quipment. If my best crew with 3 or 4 quipment can clear a node I'm just going to use them. And even if it's just a chance to crit, i'd rather take a couple shots with that crew than run 20-30 missions with another crew before they can quip enough to matter.