Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: New Providers - 08/02 (Mega-Event#1)

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    das411 wrote: »
    Please let Ahdar Ru'afo have a killer base DIP as Primary! Still no Mega character with a DIP Primary!

but the Queen, Cornwell and Darth Bashir all have decent DIP as secondary...and we have not had a mega-ENG either...

Oh I know - actually Cornwell is my highest base DIP in the game. It kinda bothers me, that my strongest diplomat is a MED primary. And I just figured Ru'afo is much more likely to be DIP than ENG - his buddy Gallatin, that's the engineer.
  • Options
    Shouldn't Changeling Founder be also mentioned as a variant of Diseased Founder?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Shouldn't Changeling Founder be also mentioned as a variant of Diseased Founder?

I'm pretty sure they said that all DOMINION characters would provide a boost for the entire event.

Keep in mind folks, that includes Changeling Bashir, for MED.
  • Options
    [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    Figured when he was the featured artwork in the announcement that Ru’afo would be the event legendary, but still feel a bit let down. Random bad guy from one of the weakest Trek movies as the headliner for a Dominion mega event? Sure, I guess...who even cares any more?

Can we get a face stretched dead Admiral Dougherty at least?
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I really hated leveling the 5* Founder so Im sure the 4* will be just as fun.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just please don't make Ru'afo Command-Security only. We have so many plain command security people. Would love to see him Engineering primary, Command secondary and Science tertiary.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Just please don't make Ru'afo Command-Security only. We have so many plain command security people. Would love to see him Engineering primary, Command secondary and Science tertiary.

How bout DIP/ENG both very high, with a verrry tiny sci tertiary.
  • Options
    Yay, changeling bashir should provide bonus too as he has dominion trait.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, changeling bashir should provide bonus too as he has dominion trait.

Currently the only legitimate option for medical.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

How bout DIP/ENG both very high, with a verrry tiny sci tertiary.

Anything but command security alone. DB could realistically give him any of the skills: command because he led his group, diplomacy because he tricked the Federation into allowing his evil plans, security because he had powerful ships and fought a lot, engineering because he figured out a way to steal the energy of a planet and harness it, science because his plan involved much science, and medical because he was able to do advanced medical procedures to stay alive for hundreds of years and because his technology was going to give people extended life spans and health when he stole the planet's energy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't have any hopes for this mega-event so if Founder is a threshold I am happy. Plus Prisoner Ezri Dax as the new 2*.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let Ahdar Ru'afo have a killer base DIP as Primary! Still no Mega character with a DIP Primary!

but the Queen, Cornwell and Darth Bashir all have decent DIP as secondary...and we have not had a mega-ENG either...

Oh I know - actually Cornwell is my highest base DIP in the game. It kinda bothers me, that my strongest diplomat is a MED primary. And I just figured Ru'afo is much more likely to be DIP than ENG - his buddy Gallatin, that's the engineer.

Please no DIP primary. I have DIP coming out of my ears compared to every other stat. I set aside 50,000 honor for the Mega Legendary. I won't bother if it's just more DIP. Thank heavens DB only pays a little attention to story. There's a chance of ENG or SEC primary.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Ahdar Ru'afo 5* (New)

Whosa what now? Lol. Not Mark Ruffalo?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Please no DIP primary. I have DIP coming out of my ears compared to every other stat. I set aside 50,000 honor for the Mega Legendary. I won't bother if it's just more DIP. Thank heavens DB only pays a little attention to story. There's a chance of ENG or SEC primary.

Agreed. If Ru’afo is a DIP primary with no ENG or tertiary ENG I will put the 50k honor towards a final star on Mirror Cochrane instead. If Ru’afo is DIP/ENG...maybe. Cornwell is my highest DIP base and that is irksome deep down.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more diplomacy please. Or com dip sec.

Probably anything else is fine, so long as it isn't exactly the same set as the golds I've picked up recently. That would be annoying.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I actually want the Founder for my crew.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably anything else is fine, so long as it isn't exactly the same set as the golds I've picked up recently. That would be annoying.

We definitely need a vacation from the relentless CMD/DIP/SEC combos.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭

Half the Dominion crew are dip/sec/cmd. Be good at least if he doesn't have dip primary, but my goodness. It really is relentless.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭

Half the Dominion crew are dip/sec/cmd. Be good at least if he doesn't have dip primary, but my goodness. It really is relentless.

Unless I've forgotten someone, ALL Dominion crew only have dip and/or cmd and/or sec with the exception of one: Changeling Bashir (Med/Sec/Eng).

So expect lots of Sci seats in the Faction event. :smiley:
  • Options
    New Jadzia YES!
    Last Star on Kazon Seska YES!
    Any founder YES!
    too bad there's no Daniel Brian to reinforce the Yesness lol
  • Options
    Dax is bonus crew and her variants frequently have Sci.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Listen, this isn't about your specific crew collection. This is about the fact that we've had SEVEN of these mega-events already and not a single mega-character has had a DIPLOMACY primary stat. Yes, we haven't had ENGINEERING either, but come on, Ru'afo isn't going to be that guy. In any other event, he would probably be a CMD/DIP/SEC like all the leaders usually are. So as I always do, I try to work within DB's likely existing set of choices to be constructive in my criticism.

Although I will say yes, you're absolutely right that DB ruins a lot of characters by giving them DIP primary over another more useful skill. Interfaced Geordi being the latest example.

I'm just trying to be realistic, here.

Edit - Addition: Here's where we stand so far, with Mega-Event character skills. Stats taken from wiki.

CMD - Borg Queen wins with 1234 base, T'Kuvma second with 1096
    DIP - Prisoner Cornwell wins with 1049 base, Borg Queen second with 892
    SEC - Kortar wins with 1209 base, Mirror Picard second with 982
    ENG - Borg Queen wins with 660 base, and there's no one else.
    MED - Bashir wins with 1195 base, Cornwell second with 1186.
    SCI - Surak wins with 1209, Picard second with 583.

So yes, obviously engineering is vastly under-represented. But I just don't see them giving Ru'afo ENG primary.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Listen, this isn't about your specific crew collection. This is about the fact that we've had SEVEN of these mega-events already and not a single mega-character has had a DIPLOMACY primary stat. Yes, we haven't had ENGINEERING either, but come on, Ru'afo isn't going to be that guy. In any other event, he would probably be a CMD/DIP/SEC like all the leaders usually are. So as I always do, I try to work within DB's likely existing set of choices to be constructive in my criticism.

Although I will say yes, you're absolutely right that DB ruins a lot of characters by giving them DIP primary over another more useful skill. Interfaced Geordi being the latest example.

I'm just trying to be realistic, here.

Edit - Addition: Here's where we stand so far, with Mega-Event character skills. Stats taken from wiki.

CMD - Borg Queen wins with 1234 base, T'Kuvma second with 1096
    DIP - Prisoner Cornwell wins with 1049 base, Borg Queen second with 892
    SEC - Kortar wins with 1209 base, Mirror Picard second with 982
    ENG - Borg Queen wins with 660 base, and there's no one else.
    MED - Bashir wins with 1195 base, Cornwell second with 1186.
    SCI - Surak wins with 1209, Picard second with 583.

So yes, obviously engineering is vastly under-represented. But I just don't see them giving Ru'afo ENG primary.

I’m with you on this one. Would have loved an ENG (which is why I’ve been busy citing my Romulan Data). But Cornwell is also my strongest DIP despite being MED primary. So I’d be happy wit a high DIP primary. Funny, though; I noticed that a high DIP primary is not as common as I thought but we all seem to have a lot of DIP because a high secondary DIP almost always gets lumped in with other primaries like CMD, SEC and even MED
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I think he'll be command/security with a minor in either sci or eng. Command is what he did through most of the movie, then security because of the fight with Picard. I would say Eng is more likely than sci.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    V. wrote: »
    I think he'll be command/security with a minor in either sci or eng. Command is what he did through most of the movie, then security because of the fight with Picard. I would say Eng is more likely than sci.

As I mentioned on the first page, I think his partner Gallatin was the perfect ENG/SCI combo. Maybe he'll even pop up as a featured character. I doubt it, but you never know.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Great event!
  • Options
    Vice Admiral WolffVice Admiral Wolff ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Realistically neither Gallatin or Ru'afo were scientists or engineers. Picard was absolutely right to call the species a bunch of thugs. They enslaved several other races, most of whom were shown in highly subservient positions. Most likely, the technology that made the collector work was actually developed by one of these enslaved races.
    Ru'afo will (or reasonably should) be a straight Com/Sec, possibly a VERY lacking Dip in the background.
    His traits will be: Sona'a (useless), villain, brutal, criminal, resourceful, and possibly Maverick (though I doubt it).

In other words, if it wasn't a free 4/5 with (probably) good/great space abilities... Whoooo caaaares?